1❦

1

❦𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮❦

The act of finding a legitimate job for someone like me is almost impossible. 

No one wants to hire me without legal documentation provided to them, so I have to resort to random jobs found in random places.

But not many people want to hire a five foot nothing girl like me. At least not for physical labor odd jobs, not the non sexual kind that is.

 And I sure am not looking for that kind of trouble. 

All I want is something that will pay enough to get me some gas and food. Something to get me a few more days into the future.

That's all I can focus on, looking to much further into the future makes my stomach turn.

 I have declared myself as a jack of all trades, I'm good at a lot of things. I can do woodwork, paint, drywall, landscape etc. I've even dabbled in mechanic work. 

But I don't have schooling in anything, no degrees, nothing.  

Everything I've learned has been because I've needed to, and taught myself, or sought someone out and worked under them on projects as a sort of apprenticeship. 

I have nothing on my resume, no real bosses that I could put down to show all the work I've done, nothing to prove all the things I'm capable of without someone giving me a shot, then showing them what I'm capable of on the job.

 I've always worked under the table, always alone, one job to the next to keep a low profile, so no one from my past can find me. 

I could sit around all day wallowing in self pity for the life I live. Always looking over my shoulder waiting for my brother to find me like he said he would.  I try not to think about it too much.

I was born here in the U.S.A, if I wanted to I could get my hands on my social security number and get a job at a grocery store or a fast food joint no problem. But I can't risk it, my name would be linked with where I work and I just know that eventually he would find me.

He promised me that he would. 

If he was a normal person without a crazed obsession with me for one reason or another, I would think he would have forgotten me by now, moved on to other targets or just with their life. 

But he won't, he never will. 

He promised he wouldn't.

Forever I will be worried that if I think otherwise he will catch me off guard. 

He might just cash in on one of his many promises and end my life the next time our eyes meet.

⇿♡⇿♡⇿♡⇿♡⇿

Pulling up to the pump at a gas station I count how much I have left. 

Twenty five dollars, twenty five dollars and an almost empty gas tank is what I'm working with at the moment.

Grabbing a ten I walk inside and straight up to the cashier. 

"Ten on pump two please, Jean." I tell the middle aged lady with short black hair and brown eyes, I see her quite often.

 This station typically has gas a cent or two cheaper than the rest of the gas stations around here, and that cent saved up over time can be what gets enough gas in my tank to make it to the next job.

 "Hey sweetie, no food today?" She asks me this every time, and more times than not my answer is always no. 

She's observant, I know she's noticed that my clothes are very run down, and not in the stylish way, but that I also try to keep as much of a presentable appearance to me as possible.