The Fame (PART 1)

If you enjoy this story, please comment and vote! It really helps me out. If you have any requests, comment them below! -Allison

"We've got to go!" Y/F/N calls from downstairs.

"I'm coming!"

You tie your shoes, grab your purse and run down the stairs.

"What time does this thing even start?" you ask, throwing some lipstick on as your friend locks up the apartment.

"In 45 minutes. And there's gonna be a shit load of traffic to get to Silverlake at this hour."

Putting on your leather jacket, you hop in the passenger seat of Y/F/N's grey Prius. She turns up the radio before zooming off, a song called "Greyhound" starts playing.

"So this is who we're seeing tonight?" you ask.

"Yep. Aren't they great?"

You shrug. "Yeah... I'm sorry, but... Don't you have any other friends that would actually like to go, though? Don't get me wrong, but I kind of want to just stay home and watch Game of Thrones."

"Y/N, ever since you and Max broke up, you've been home every night eating delivery. It's depressing. This will be fun!"

You roll your eyes. A rock band concert. Exactly how you wanted to spend your night. But you love
Y/F/N, and don't want her to have to go to this show alone. She loves this band, and ever since she came out as gay to her family and they had a bad reaction, music has been a comfort to her.

"Plus, I got backstage passes. Maybe you'll get with one of the guys from the band!" Y/F/N teases.

"I don't think so," you look out the window.

After arriving to Silverlake, and circling around the block a lot until you finally found a parking space, you and Y/F/N run to the entrance. The Lodge Room looked like a sketchy alley from the outside, but inside, it was a gorgeous venue with ornate chandeliers, multiple bars, and art - AKA, hipster heaven.

 The Lodge Room looked like a sketchy alley from the outside, but inside, it was a gorgeous venue with ornate chandeliers, multiple bars, and art - AKA, hipster heaven

The security guard scans your tickets, gives you wrist bands, and you rush upstairs to get a good view of the state. There's a lot of people. You want to make sure Y/F/N has a good time and can see the members of her favorite band, so you take her hand and push through until you're close to the front.

"We made it!" Y/F/N puffs. Thankfully, the show hadn't started yet. The opening band, called Lunar Vacation, had just finished their set, but Calpurnia wasn't on for another 10 minutes according to the set time poster.

"I'm gonna go grab a beer, stay here and keep the spot. You want anything?" you ask.

"Uh, yeah, I'll do a Coors Light draft." Y/F/N smiles. She digs in her purse to get you money.

"No, no," you put your hand up. "I've got it."

Before she can protest, you push back through the crowd and make your way to the bar, and order the beers.