Introduction

Hello! Thank you for checking out Rekindled for either the first time or for a reread.

To all of my readers new or old: here's a little synapses of my process of writing this story. I did a lot of research to potray characters realistically to the show's canon and to take the story in a way that feels justified to how the show ended.

However, when I wrote this story I loved the dynamic finn and flame princess had, but I don't truly think this story is a realistic way the characters would have acted. Additionally, this was written before distant lands and Fiona and cake, so it's not as technically accurate. Additionally, I am a good writer, but I've put unsatisfying and frustrating tropes in this book that paint me as an amateur writer.

I've done a lot of growing since I wrote this story. When I wrote this I was 17 and didn't quite understand relationships and I was still figuring things out. I didn't truly understand the grief, trauma, and growing up Finn did in the series as a whole. I believe Finn probably wouldn't end up with anyone, and if anything just have a mutual romantic but more platonic relationship with huntress wizard. You can see my shortcomings throughout the story.

Some days I want to come back and rewrite this whole story, but I don't think that this story would exist in canon. I think I wrote a fun and engaging love story, but it definitely shows my immature view of love and relationships. It also shows not a true potrayal of our characters, and the story disregards the growth they experience throughout the series. I try to keep up with writing now, but I just don't have a spark for fanfiction as I once did.

This story has grown into what I always hoped it could be. Countless people have offered feedback and made me feel that my work is valued. Thanks for taking the time to read my work. I don't think I'll ever be satisfied with my results, but the attention it receives is more than I could have expected.

I have rated this about pg-13 to 14. This is for language, romantic things, and sad stuff. Along with romantic themes, there are some steamy parts (Ex: make out sessions); however, there's no smut contained here as to keep this from being M. (Also, I just can't write smut: it's too awkward.)

Okay you can read the story now. :D