Chapter 34

Stunned I take a few wobbly steps back. My confusion turns to anger as I mentally connect the dots.

"You!" I manage to choke out. Ryan cocks his head to the side confused. "You! Why would you do this?" I shout.

"I'm sorry for running away. When you saw me I thought you would be mad-"

"Damn right I'm mad! What kind of sicko are you leaving me death threats?"

"What?"

"Ryan I swear, I will slap you if you play dumb one more time. Did you write it because I didn't except your apology? Because your trying to get back at Drew in some twisted way?"

"Ashley I honestly have no idea what your talking about."

I do it. I slap him across the face leaving my hand stinting. It's worth it though because his cheek blazes red.

"What the hell!" Ryan shouts, eyes blazing.

"I'm done with your games Ryan. You played dumb at the movie theater and you're playing dumb now but this time I won't fall for it!" I spit out and turn to leave the bathroom but Ryan catches my arm.

"Let go." I growl.

"I'm just going to say this than you can go on your angry little way. I did not, and I swear, write whatever notes you're talking." I scoff to that. "But, the only reason I was over by your locker earlier was because I was coming to apologize about the movie thing since you've been doing such a good job at ignoring me. I honestly feel so terrible about the whole thing and want to maybe be friends if you would allow it." I study his face and refrain myself from slapping his face again about the friend thing.

"Let's get one thing straight." I say putting up a one with my finger. "We will never be friends. Second," I say letting out a shaky sigh. "You honestly had nothing to do with the notes?"

"No, I have no idea what they are or-"

"How do you expect me to know your not lying?"

He thinks for a moment. "You can take my word."

I roll my eyes. "Kinda hard to do that, don't you think?"

Ryan rubs the back of his neck. "Yeah, it is. But I want to earn it. Let me help you find who wrote these.. um death threats."

I hold my hand to his face. "No, I don't want your help. For all I know your only offering help so I'm not sniffing your trail." I say. Ryan nods in understanding, sad eyes downcast. "I have to go." I sigh opening the door.

"I will make it up to you!" Ryan calls.

I don't bother responding as the door slams closed.

"That son-of-a-bitch!" Yasmine tells, causing students in the library to look over at us. Yasmine's face turns slightly red, which is somewhat hard to see with her olive complexion.

"Wait, did Yasmine just swear?" Quinn mocks surprise causing Yasmine to roll her eyes. "Well I don't believe him either." Quinn states matter a factly.

"If not him who than? Drew?" I ask.

"Do you honestly think it was me Barbie?" A voice asks behind me. I turn in my seat to a smirking Drew holding a lunch tray. "I was looking for you in the lunch room but than remembered that you wouldn't be there, so here I am." He says taking a seat next to me.

I share a look with Quinn who wiggles her eyebrows at me. "You were looking for me?"

"Don't flatter yourself. It was just to work on finding who's writing the notes." Drew says biting into his hot dog. I nod in understanding mad at Quinn for making me think otherwise.