Chapter 24

"What happened?" I yell completely frightened.

"I forgot my one of a kind Vera Bradley wristlet at the party." Quinn whines. I take a moment to regain my control before I would completely pummel Quinn.

"Quinn I thought we had a serious emergency." Yasmine breathes out slowly.

"It is!" Quinn responds horrified.

"No, it's not honey. Your going to calm down and drive correctly behind this truck before you get us arrested." Yasmine orders.

"But, but, but my Vera." Quinn cries.

"Snap out of it!" I yell. Quinn finally gets her act together and follows the truck. After twenty minutes of Quinn crying and left and right turns we arrive at a two story house not too far from the beach. I hop out of the car quickly and meet the boys at their truck.

"I know this is kinda late but what are your names again?" They look at me stunned but eventually break into smiles.

"The names Riker." One of them says.

"And I'm Preston."

"Alright, now we got names out of the way, we should check on Drew." Yasmine interjects.

"Right." Riker says opening the back door.

"Shut off the lights!" A husky voice calls from inside.

"No can do brochacho." Preston says. Drew stumbles out of the car with a bloody nose and blue eye. I'm the reason he's like this.

"Drew I'm so sorry."

"Ashley it's not your fault, it's the asswipes fault. Does it look bad?"

I contemplate my answer and consider saying something nice but Preston beats me to it.

"You look like you got your ass wooped."

"Great." Drew groans.

"Let's just get inside. My legs are cold." Quinn whines.

"I could warm them up for you." Riker suggests earning a slap from Quinn.

"This way." Preston says leading the way with a groggy Drew following behind. "My parents are out of town for the night so don't bother with being quite."

Once at his front door he unlocks it and we go inside. The smell of moth balls hits me so hard I stumble into Riker who is behind me.

"Jeez babe, if you want me to hold you that bad you could have just asked." I plug my nose and ignore his sextual joke.

"What's that damn smell?" Yasmine asks with a duck sounding voice thanks to her to covering up her nose.

"Oh right, it's moth balls. My parents feel the need to cover our entire house in them." Preston explains. I release my nose for a second but cover it up again when the smell consumes me.

"That's terrible. It's going to get into my clothes and people are going to think I'm a moth ball freak!" Quinn shrieks.

"Calm down. The smell will go away soon. It's strongest when you first come in."

"Well while you guys complain about moth balls I'm going to go clean up all this blood." Drew says making his way down the hall. I bite my cheek contemplating but just give in to my urge to help.

"I'll help you." I call after him. I hear a whistle from behind me and give all four of them death glares, not sure who made the stupid joke. I meet him at a doorway and he opens it up. Inside is a bathroom the size of a janitor closet.