Chapter 3

While most of the groups planned the assassination all inside their dull heads,  Dr. Ewan MacKenzie was smart enough to lounge a mission on MacLeod's next public speech day. 

Dr.Ewan MacKenzie hated  Jules Comarty as much as he hated Angus MacLeod. 

That chubby little bastard took his business to almost nothing. Snatching his worthy patients with a gush of his freaking mouth since the first time, he had stepped on this town . His posh accent sort of attracted patients to him despite of his growing belly and greasy black hair. 

That house! He craved for it ever since it was being built. The Position of the neat lawn and its grandness and modern form. It was a palace in short. He even managed the price after taking 5-6 loans, and a lot of support form his extended family. But all in vain. 

That fat swine mingled in with a higher price than that. 

Ewan could still remember his wife's cry and his silent tears. But that didn't pursue his urge to kill  Comarty as much as it anticipated in the case of MacLeod.

That cruel man. He often wondered why no one ever wondered why he was still unmarried in his late 50s. But he knew the reason and so were 3 other people in his gang. 

They sacrificed their ethical view and other good profiles in exchange if their  raging vendettas. Did anyone know that all the infamous drug dealers and all the master theft and murder gangs. Even a small mafia gang in town were his sniffer dogs. 

But who would believe their penetrating pain that established a piercing heart in each of their chests. How all four of them were afraid to join their friends in the bar, too afraid that they might spit out everything and get beaten  red and blue. But  that was the truth.  MacLeod tormented them even before becoming a mayor and was still blackmailing his target groups.

The crowd was as big as the whole fishes of Atlantic put together. Did Zephyr Borough was always occupied by this much nutters. 

Killing MacLeod with only 4 members in his team was a child's dream about going to the wonderland but he had no other options to fathom other members in his team. 

It  was a complicated process. The quartet  was united for the sake of the most personal reason  they ever discussed. Reaching out in to the public to attract and propose members for joining was too risky. It might result in their own assassination once MacLeod could get a pinch of update about it.

The 4 men was split into couples . They strided towards the room occupied by MacLeod  from Left and right. Each of them armed with a dagger to  stab him with their might's will.

Ewan was moving with his brother Rowan. Both of them knew how their heart was beating equally at the sight of the sow.  While 2 of their childhood friends Collin Anderson and Dickon Johnson were routed in the right with their knives hidden in their coat pockets.

" Now our honorable mayor Advocate Angus Macleod is going to give his valuable speech in  favor of our reforestation programme."

The crowd jeered mad as of their life had descended on the empty stage as the tall handsome man in his late 40s came forward. He had a small mustache  and wore round spectacles. His bright brown eyes faking delight but the 4 people keeping an eye on him including Ewan knew that he was watching out for his next target men or women.

" We stab him right after he finishes his bloody lecture." said Rowan grinning at the stage. A huge banner was decorated with all the green in Zephyr Borough. It was so greenish that it almost made Ewan  to throw up at the sight.

" Shh, Keep quiet, mate." whispered Ewan at the sight of a woman eyeing them awkwardly.

" Remember, we are also one of the dwellers of Zephyr Borough." 

" How I wanted to leave this fucking town but for the sake of the ve---"

" Stop swearing in front of me, Rowan. I am your big brother."  interrupted  Ewan stepping on Rowan's foot.

 " Whatever, I don't fucking care!" muttered Rowan

" Just shut your mouth."

MacLeod had resumed speaking after wasting a huge array of minutes on fixing the mic.

The crowd felt silent as his beautiful voice echoed over Runner's ground forcing the brothers to stop playing their childish game of whispering over their teacher. Ultimately, MacLeod managed to take over the crowd with his little speech.

" My fellow residents of Zephyr Borough.  Happy Reforestation day to you."

 Wishing  you  your  Happy Death Anniversary Day, you bastard! thought Ewan although he was struggling to stop his brother from swearing as much as possible but his mouth was just too much out of control to handle . 

" So, as you know. That  trees are lessening day by day with the over consumption of natural fuel.  Our Méfaits cannot be the reason of destroying nature. "

" Then  what about your Méfaits, you fucking bastard!" muttered Rowan. Ewan stumped on his foot again. But just then he saw a pair of fingers. The Index fingure upwards and the thumb down in their most signature group signals. Their chance was within a few minutes. They might have caught hold of the speech.

" Ready the dagger!" muttered  Ewan as he caught hold of his. 

" So, as my last word, I would like to remind all of you to plant trees as much as possible...."

The 4 people were striding towards the exit of the stage to make that his last word in reality. Pushing through the crowds and getting a quiet space in the Runner's ground wasn't impossible.  Collin and Dickon had their bottle of chloroform  ready. 

"  Thank You, Everyone for your pa--"

BOOOOOOOOOM!

The whole crowd had leaned on the ground at the huge sound, including the quartet.

The stage was broken into pieces. Rowan lifted his index finger and thumb downward so did Ewan.

THE MISSION WAS DISMISSED!