Chapter 11 A Deal With A Pirate

Chapter 11 

I did not expect a tsunami when all I wanted to do was look for some dry clothes, but no! Myrr decided to play splash with a pirate, which ended up soaking the entire beach!

I am sitting on the sand, hugging myself while moving close to the fire that I had to recreate with Myrr to keep myself warm.

"I'm very sorry." Myrr apologizes, bowing so low that he almost dunk his head in the water. "I was only acting on instinct when I saw this barbarian holding you captive." Somehow, Myrr managed to take Zen captive. He tied the pirate with some long, sturdy weeds from the ocean that I had never seen before. Since Myrr didn't see the weeds sufficient to hold Zen, he also placed the pirate in one of the wine barrels so he could float him near him in the water. "Why do we even need to keep this man alive?" Myrr's last question reminded me of how he could have unalived Zen if I hadn't told him to keep him alive in the last minute.

Zen bravely sneers at Myrr. "How many more of ya' monsters are out there?!"

"You're calling me a monster when it's you people who kill us for no reason at all." Myrr retorts, shaking the barrel to rattle Zen.

"Argh! Quit it. Once I get out of this, I will kill ya'!"

The look on Myrr's expression clearly did not like Zen's treat. The next thing he did, he turn the barrel upside down and let out a laugh when he saw bubbles emerging from the water.

If this keeps up, Myrr will surely kill him. I can't have that since I still have a lot of questions for the pirate.

"Put him right back up, Myrr." Myrr makes a face. He clearly dislikes the idea that I am siding with the pirate. Nonetheless, he complied with my request and turned the barrel right back to its original position. Zen coughs out seawater, looking pale from the lack of oxygen.

Seeing how Myrr was handling Zen almost made me rethink how silly I was for being afraid of him. Myrr made Zen look like a normal, harmless human rather than a dangerous pirate.

"Zen—" I start to say, but Zen whirls his head in my direction with a glare.

"It's CAPTAIN Zen!"

"How about I dunk you in the water again?" At Myrr's threat, Zen went back to being timid.

In a split second, his demeanor changes and he turns to me with a bright, cheery smile. "Of course, Milady. What can I do for ya'?"

"I want to ask you something." I continue as if I wasn't interrupted earlier. "Have you encountered creatures like him?" I pointed at Myrr.

Zen looks at Myrr before looking back at me. "Why do ya' care if I have or haven't seen one?" He responded stubbornly, ignoring the menacing glare coming from Myrr—either that or he hasn't noticed it. "If it is just for curiosity, ya' better stop. Knowing their kind will bring ya' one hell of trouble. Trust me."

"I'm already in deep trouble with one, and it's not from the one beside you."

Zen looked slightly alarmed. "Ya' met another sea folk?" His alarmed expression suddenly turned to pity before it was changed to curiosity. "The seafolk don't just reveal their identity to anyone. How are ya' sure that you've met another, 'sides this one?" Zen sideeyes Myrr.

I scratch the back of my head. "I don't think that he was trying to reveal himself. I just kind of...saw him? One moment he looked human, and the next, he was his blue creature with sharp teeth and gills."

Zen gives me a long stare. "You're not messin' with me, are ya'?"

I shake my head, but despite my honest response, Zen still seemed to harbor some doubt.