005 | "If you say so,"

Javon taps on his steering wheel anxiously as he sits at a red light

Javon taps on his steering wheel anxiously as he sits at a red light. Javon has been feeling nervous and out of it ever since Jayla and Kylee told him what they thought Jasmine's text meant.

'She can't wait to see me?' Javon continued to think to himself, wondering if Jayla and Kylee had given him the right explanation.

The same question runs through Javon's mind as he drives, only stopping when his phone begins to ring.

"Yo, Jax, what's up?"

"Nothin', man, I was just seeing what you're up to. Like, you tryna go out right now or something?" Jax asks and Javon sighs while stepping in the gas once the light turns green.

"I'm actually on my way to Jasmine's place right now, man," Javon says, and he can hear the disappointed sigh that leaves Jax's mouth.

"Solo?"

"Yeah, it's just gonna be me and her," Javon says. "Oh shit, what y'all got goin' on?" Jax asks while Javon rubs his hands through his hair.

"Nothing, we're just hanging out," Javon says and the way Jax smacks his lips lets Javon know he's not buying that. "Lemme find out y'all have some secret relationship going on." Jax jokes.

"Secret relationship? That's the first place your head goes?"

"Yes, 100%. I dunno, but there's just something about you guys that always just has me thinking." Jax says making Javon roll his eyes.

"Like what?"

"Wanna, come on man," Jax says as if it's stupid not to think something's going on between the two of them. "You're always staring at her and if you guys aren't sitting next to each other all the fucking time you catch an attitude plus you guys hang out alone all the time."

"Nothing's going on between me and Jasmine," Javon assures the boy on the other end.

"If you say so,"

"But, I'm gonna head out, have fun with Jasmine. Tell her I said Hey." Jax says.

"Alright, I'll let her know," Javon says before ending the call with Jax.

As the car goes silent Javon's nerves begin to rise. The tapping on the steering wheel speeds up and his breaths begin getting shaky.

'Fuck, why am I nervous?'

Javon turns on the radio and lets the music take him off the edge as he shifts his attention to getting to Jasmine's house rather than his uprising nerves.

-

By the time Jasmine's house comes into view Javon's nerves are on ten. So, Instead of calling or texting her that he's outside, he goes to knock on her door so that he can get a breath of fresh air before spending all day with her.

3 knocks is all it takes before the door is opened and Javon is met with a chipper Jasmine.

"Hey, Javon," Jasmine says while smiling at the boy in front of her as she opens the door wider so he can come inside.

"Wassup, Jazz, how you doin' ?"  Javon says while walking into the girl's house and instantly being smacked in the face by the smell of vanilla.

"It smells great in here," Javon says while his nose twitches, still getting used to the smell. "Thanks, those are my mom's candles," Jasmine says while putting her phone in her pocket.

"Well, props to her 'cause they smell amazing," Javon compliments while looking around the neatly decorated house. "So, you ready to go?" He asks while looking at Jasmine and not being able to stop himself from checking out her outfit.

"Yeah, come on." And with that, the two 17-year-olds walk out of the house together talking about what they're gonna do.

"So what do we have planned for today?" Jasmine asks while following Javon to his car after closing and locking her front door.

"Shit, whatever really," Javon shrugs while unlocking his car doors. "Did you have somewhere in mind?" He asks and Jasmine smiles.

"Nah, I was just trying to figure out if shorts was the right move," Jasmine says while gesturing to what she has on as Javon drives off.

"It's supposed to be hot today so we should be good," Javon says making Jasmine look down at his legs to see that he's also wearing shorts.

"Can I ask you a question?" Javon says while looking over at Jasmine as he approaches a red light. "Shoot"

"When you said let's go out today and not this weekend was that actually because of Sierra?"

Jasmine smiled at the question even though it caught her off guard a little. She smiled because she liked how he addressed the situation rather than overthinking it.

"Partially, yes."

"Partially?" Javon questions while stepping on the gas as the light turns green. "Yeah, partially," Jasmine confirms.

"I didn't wanna blow everyone off plus Sierra really can't wait for this weekend." The younger brunette says while looking at Javon who glances over at her every now and then as she speaks.

"Okay, that's fair. I can live with that." Javon shrugs while smiling at the girl before looking back at the road ahead of him.

"Can I just say your communication skills are on 10 like I love that you addressed that." Jasmine compliments, bringing another smile to the boy's face. "You're so boyfriend," Jasmine adds, this time making Javon laugh.

"I'm so boyfriend?" He questions while looking over at the girl. "I'm not good at compliments," Jasmine admits.

"No, that was great, I loved it."  Javon laughs while looking at the younger girl who's now embarrassed for her previous words. 

As an attempt to change the subject Jasmine looks outside the car and sees all the stores and places they pass by. "Do you even know where we're going?"

"Does it matter? We have all day to figure out what we wanna do."