So, you thought it was all over? (Important Announcement)

Hello, dearest readers! I'd buckle up, if I were you, because this is going to be a long one... 

(If you'd rather skip straight to the announcement, that's fine! Just head on down to the part that says, 'What happens next?')

So... it's been a minute, huh?

I could spout off some lies for you, if you'd like. I could tell you that my sudden break in updates is because I've been on holiday... for six whole years.

But I think I'd rather tell you the truth instead – because you deserve it.

The Truth

The truth is: I lost my spark.

Poof – gone – never to be seen again... or, so I thought.

It was somewhere around the time I finished Omega, in the last few chapters or so, when it all started to go wrong. I was really struggling with my writing, which made it really hard to finish the story, and I think it all came down to the fact that I'd been falling out of love with the story for a while already. I could tell you that what spurred me on to finish was the thought of writing the sequel (which is sort of true, in a sense) but, mostly, it was just the thought of it finally being over.

I was about fourteen when I first started writing that book and, initially, I had only intended for it to be a personal project. My friend had recently introduced me to Wattpad and I'd thought it would be a fun idea – something relaxing I could do in my spare time, as I was forced to endure the stress of my GCSE exams at school – so I decided to start writing my first ever Wattpad novel.

I hadn't expected it to receive so much interest – any, in fact – and to this day I can still remember the username of the first person who ever voted on that story. I definitely hadn't expected things to snowball the way they did, after that. It was insane and, before I knew what was happening (when I was barely at chapter ten) I had a pretty solid readership behind the story – and absolutely zero plans for how I was going to write the thing.

I had ideas (wishy-washy, at best) and some scenes in my head that I wanted to fit in somehow, but I had no specific plot or plans on how to tie any of it together. I was merely writing each chapter as it came, which made for late updates and rushed writing (because I was all too aware of how long people had already been waiting between uploads, so I didn't want to waste any more time than I had to).

Overall, what that resulted in was a badly written story with major plot holes, poorly developed characters, and a bunch of unoriginal clichés. And that's just scraping the surface!

Thankfully, I had one saving grace – one character I loved enough to keep chugging on. Yep, you guessed it! Beck.

It really sucked that everything else about the story was so abysmal, because I was really keen on writing Beck's story. I'd already had sequel plans forming (pretty much from the moment I introduced him as a character), and those plans kept growing when I saw the response he was getting from readers at the time. They loved him, I loved him, he loved Lucy... it was all extremely unfortunate, especially when my fast-growing hatred for Omega ultimately affected his story, too.

By the time I actually finished Omega (woo-hoo! Finally, right?), two or three years had passed from the day I first started writing it. Unfortunately, being that bit older, I was now able to see how much I actually hated it.

Stupidly, I made the mistake of thinking I could fix it – hence the "under rewrite" absolute joke that's been trolling people for six whole years now. I thought I could go through, chapter by chapter, and patch over the small mistakes to make it better: punctuation, bad spelling, confusing age gaps... you name it, I thought I could fix it. Only, as I started re-reading the whole story, I actually saw how massive some of the plot holes were – and they definitely weren't something that could be fixed with a little polish. So, I felt a little stuck.