𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

Disclaimer: in this chapter, there will be mentions of eating disorders.

•••

Quinn and Abby sat down at a table in the corner of the restaurant, as they didn't wanna be recognized and/or harassed.

"So what do you wanna know about me, Miss Abby" said Quinn as he picked his bowl up and shook it before taking the lid off.

"I don't know, just tell me so many facts about yourself," said Abby moving her fork around her bowl.

"Well I was born in Orlando but my dad moved us a lot because of his job, but eventually we moved to Michigan and stayed there," said Quinn before shoving his fork in his mouth.

Abby laughed at his action before eating some of hers. "But I've been playing hockey for as long as I can remember"

"That must be so cool like your whole family playing hockey," said Abby with a smile. "Yeah, it is I can't wait for my kids to play hockey," said Quinn with a laugh.

"Enough about hockey though," said Quinn putting his fork in his bowl. "If you don't mind me asking why'd you quit cheer?" asked Quinn with real curiosity in his voice.

Abby set her fork down, "well it's quite simple." said the girl

"My coach always hated me for some reason, I never really understood why. I thought maybe it was tough love because that's how my dad was towards my brothers. But anyway, she constantly degraded me until I had almost no self-worth." the girl paused and took a deep breath

"You don't have to tell me if you're uncomfortable," said Quinn "That's the last thing I'd ever wanna do, is make you uncomfortable," he said with regret in his voice and eyes.

"No, no it's okay I want to tell you," said Abby as she finally got back to her story. "And she always commented on how my body looked. If I even looked a little bloated she was saying how I shouldn't be eating that much if I'm getting bloated before practice, so I devoted an eating disorder just to try and prove myself to her. But to sum it up she was just a terrible person and just ruined my love for the sport" said Abby as she grabbed her cup and took a sip.

"I'm so sorry Abby, no one should have to deal with that. Expressed Quinn with sadness in his voice.

"It's okay maybe she was going through a rough time, I forgive her," said Abby with a smile on her face

"You are a way better person than I am, I don't think I'd ever forgive someone for pulling a stunt like that," said Quinn

"Yeah well, I try to always look on the bright side of things, because you never know what someone's going through," said Abby with concern in her voice.

"Yeah that's understandable," said Quinn as he and Abby both got up. Quinn grabbed Abby's leftovers put them in a bag and waited for her to grab her purse.

"We should have Chipotle dates more often that was amazing," said Abby as he and Quinn walked out of the door, but not after he opened the door for her.

As they walked back to Quinn's truck they walked in comfortable silence, with Abby's arm laced around Quinn's bicep.

And as per usual Quinn opened the door and helped Abby into the lifted truck. As he made his way around to the driver's seat he realized how much he liked the girl sitting in his passenger seat.

Quinn had just dropped Abby off at her apartment, he walked her up to her door and made sure she locked the door, then went back to his car and drove home to prepare for tomorrow's game.

•••
As Abby walked back into her apartment after Quinn left she had a permanent smile on her face.

"There you are, I came home and you were gone," said Tori as she got up from the couch. She had been watching Chopped on the cooking channel.