Chapter Thirteen

Beau 🤍: Wear something you can move in 💃🏽

Honeydew reread Beau's message and looked at herself in the mirror.

He sent the message this morning before church and she still hadn't figured out what she was wearing.

Honeydew wasn't a self-conscious woman. She didn't think twice about almost anything, but going out with Beau made her unsure.

She wanted to look perfect.

She took a picture of herself and sent it to her mother for approval and advice.

Honeydew: Ma! Is this something I can move in and still look amazing? Pls help 😩

She giggled at her overdramatic cry for help.

Mama: You look gorgeous, Honeydew. Calm down. You're gonna have the man stunned dressed like that!🤩

Maybe she was right.

"I do look good," She murmured proudly.

Honeydew: Thanks ma! I'll text you when I get back home

Mama: Alright. Be safe and give Baby a kiss for me

Honeydew put her phone in her purse and walked out of her room to find Baby.

"Baby! I have to leave, but mommy says hello and to give you a kiss," She called out to the wandering dog.

Baby ran out of the kitchen with oats on his nose, making Honeydew laugh.

"Where'd you get those from?" She asked the silly dog in a baby voice.

Baby barked and nudged her shoe with his nose.

She picked him up and kissed his head. "I'll be back later, but there's a treat in your bed," She tickled his belly and put him down.

Lights peeped through the curtains of her living room, indicating that Beau was there.

Honeydew's heart dropped into her stomach, and nerves took over.

She was terribly nervous now.

It was just Beau. She knew Beau. He wasn't intimidating. He was friendly and handsome.

But tonight was different.

She didn't have an extra person to divert her attention to. She didn't have an excuse for him needing to prove something to her.

They would finally have each other's undivided attention.

"I can do this," She encouraged herself before opening the door.

And there he was.

A charming hick, as he called himself.

"Wow," Beau breathed gruffly.