Chapter One

"This is home

"This is home."

She already missed her apartment in Dallas. She missed her old life.

But this was home now.

Honeydew looked around the neatly decorated house and crossed her arms.

"Baby," She chirped for her little Chihuahua.

Little pattering feet came scampering down the hall and into the living room.

Baby ran to her with his tongue hanging out of his mouth and nudged her shin.

"Come on, Baby. The movers did an excellent job with everything," She noted to Baby as she carried him around the house to get a better look.

The house had two bedrooms and two bathrooms. The kitchen was a quaint size but perfect for her to bake and store everything she needed. The backyard was fenced in with an area for a garden.

The movers arranged her patio furniture and put up her tree swing.

"This is perfect, Baby." She whispered happily.

And it was.

The move was a scary one to make, but she was twenty-four, and it was time to do something new.

Perkinston was new in many ways.

She lived in a big city before, and Perkinston had a population of 7000 people.

"No dating, no overcommitting myself," She reread over the list that she had memorized. Her rules to successfully have peace in the first six months of living in Perkinston.

The dazed look in Baby's eyes made her laugh. She used to be worried about her strange dog, but she quickly learned that he was just a unique dog.

She pressed a kiss on his head and walked to the kitchen. "How about some dinner and then our favorite movie?"

Baby only stared at Honeydew, which gave her all the answers she needed. Once again, the dog was unique.

She sat Baby on the floor and opened the pantry. It wasn't completely empty.

Chicken Noodle Soup. Broccoli and Cheese Soup. Canned Potatoes. Tomato Soup.

She closed the pantry and huffed.

There was a choice to make. She could eat soup or starve.

Her stomach grumbled, filling the silent kitchen. "Good Lord, chicken noodle soup it is!"

After warming the soup and fixing Baby's dinner, the pair snuggled on the couch.

Baby whined and stuck his tongue out as Honeydew sipped her soup.

"Hush," Honeydew murmured to the dog while scrolling through Hulu to find a movie.

Hulu had too many options, and her soup was getting cold. "Okay, we'll just watch Sleepless in Seattle," She clicked the movie and rearranged the blanket across her body. "I cannot wait to see Tom Hanks and Victor Garber," She sighed dreamily. "Especially Victor Garber," She winked at Baby and turned her attention to the TV.