Chapter Three

"Thanks again, Miss Honeydew

"Thanks again, Miss Honeydew."

Beau's charming voice rang throughout the salon as he made his exit.

Honeydew smiled but continued sweeping up his hair.

"Beau would never be into a woman like her. She's so not his type," Dawn said loudly.

Hailey cackled. "Right! Why would Beau Carpenter be interested in her? From the looks of her work, she should've been the head janitor of DuJour."

Honeydew almost laughed at their chatter.

Why they were worried about Beau's interest in her was beyond her understanding. From what she knew, they were all married or in a relationship.

Unfortunately, it just seemed like they were desperate and unfulfilled.

Once the hair was neatly tucked in the dustpan, Honeydew dumped it in the trash can.

After a bit of downtime, three more clients came and went.

"I swear Honeydew thinks that she's the best. As if she couldn't hear Bertha complaining about the wash," Natasha grumbled to Dawn while throwing away her used foils.

Honeydew laughed at her attempt to discount her work. It puzzled her why they never came to her about their issues.

They were cowards.

"Natasha. If you keep on with this slick-talking crap, I will forget you are my daughter, and I will replace you. You too, Dawn and Hailey." Darlene said harshly and pointed at Natasha fiercely. "Get back to work. Now."

And then she turned to Honeydew. "You know that Bertha loved your service. You're fabulous, Honeydew."

Honeydew smiled at Darlene and looked at her watch, and hummed happily.

It was time to go home!

And not a moment too soon.

"Have a good night, Darlene. I'll be heading home now." She was glad to be done for the day. The jealous women weren't taking a toll on her, but she didn't want to take any chances by lingering around them.

She was in a wonderful place spiritually, mentally, and physically. God was with her, and she wanted to stay at peace.

"Your first appointment is at 11:30 am tomorrow. She's your balayage and keratin treatment," Darlene told Honeydew and typed away on her computer.

Honeydew gave her a thumbs up and went to the back, and grabbed her purse and keys.

She walked out of the salon ignoring the chatter as she exited.

Her eyes scanned the town square, and they landed on a diner.

Carpenters Place.

"I guess that's where I'm going!" She chirped to herself and walked across the street to the diner.