Chapter 6: Unsuccessful Questioning

Alex Sierra's POV:

So for some reason that I already know, Percy winces when he hears the dare. For a reason I don't know, however, Annabeth also looked nervous and angry. She shot Liam a dirty look. Did she know what we were about to see? And if so, why is she still friends with Percy? Anyways, Percy shoves the computer towards Liam, looking angry and sad, as if he was reflecting off of the things that happened oh-so-long-ago. 

Immediately, I notice the headlines and I internally smirk. This was going to be fun. Some of them involved his disappearance, blowing up the St. Louis arch, being a wanted fugitive, yada yada yada. Wow, this guy's worse than I thought. As we were scrolling through them, Percy got up. 

"I need to go. Nice dare." He said, seeping so much anger into the second part. I was scared he would go full anger and burst on Liam, but he just walked out and drove away. We ignored that incident and kept looking. I saw one picture of Percy and about twelve others. (the 7+ Will Nico Reyna Thalia and coach hedge lolll) I also realized slowly that one of them was Annabeth. They all had the same broken look in their eyes but looked happy. Not in a truly happy way, more like "I'm happy to be alive". That's weird, they're all just kids, why they are ever scared for their lives I don't know. There were some huge scars on all of them, including Annabeth. In fact, it looked like Percy, Annabeth, and five others had the most scars. What did they go through to deserve that? (Um... who wants to tell him? Shot not)

I turned to question Annabeth about the weird picture, but then realized she was gone. She must have left with Percy. Did she not understand that he was dangerous? I have to help her realize it. But then I looked a little closer at the article about the St. Louis arch. There was a picture next to the headline of three kids. The boy in the middle had to be Percy, but there was another boy in a rasta cap and baggy jeans to his left. On his right was a blonde girl, who looked somewhat like Annabeth. 

Wait. Could Annabeth have been a part of destroying the St. Louis arch? I have to find out.

Lily Laurier's POV: 

I feel bad for Percy. That dare wasn't very nice. But I do have questions now that I saw what came up. I recognized that in almost every picture Percy and Annabeth were both there. Are they dangerous or something? I hope not, because Annabeth is my best friend, and Percy seems really nice. I wanted to be friends--or more-- with him, but if he really did do all the things it said he did online, I don't know what I'm gonna do. I decided I would go to Percy's place to try and figure some stuff out, but I didn't tell anyone else. 

After we discussed what to do about this when they both left, we decided we would give them a chance to explain at lunch tomorrow. If they don't tell us, we can't be friends with them anymore. I mean, what if they really are bad? Of course, I didn't tell them that I would be finding out before anyone else does. 

I slowly made my way to the address I had figured out was Percy's house. 

-------------------------------------------------le time skip pls name it------------------------------------------------

Percy Jackson's POV: 

That was a disaster. It's strange how the dare just happened to expose things that were really just dumb cover stories via the mist. It's like he knew something he wasn't supposed to. He didn't have ADHD or Dyslexia but it's always a possibility that he's a demigod. Whatever.

"Hey Beth, do you think Liam gave me that dare on purpose? It's like he knew what was going to come up." I said. I hope I'm wrong. If I'm being honest, I really needed her friends to like me. I mean, if they don't like me, and then find out we're dating, that could be bad. But I have no such luck. 

"Unfortunately, I have a feeling someone knew what was going to come up. If they wanted you away from me, or vice versa, they might think we would fall for the crap on google. Meaning, one of my friends is jealous of one of us. We're going to find out who, I promise." She said. 

With that, I kissed her, because she makes me happy when she gets all smart. But this isn't looking good for us. Just then, the doorbell rang. "I'll get it, Beth." I said. But when I walked to the window, it was Lily. Sh*t! She cannot know we live together. "Annabeth, hide! Lily's here!" I said, panicked. Annabeth went into her room and hid while I opened the door for Lily. "Um... Hey Lily. What are you doing here?" I said. 

"Hey Percy. I just wanted to apologize for the dare earlier. But if you don't mind I have some questions." She said, eyeing me skeptically. Sh*t. (Lol this feels like an interrogation I'm dying rn)

"Oh, come in, I guess." I said, a bit annoyed at this point. Anyway, she came in, complimented my house, and started questioning me with an innocent face. "So what was all that with the St. Louis arch, blowing up a school, and all that?" She asked, still with the act. She was already getting on my nerves. Of course, I didn't have an answer that made sense. Normally, Annabeth figures this stuff out. I got it: Annabeth! 

"Will you give me a minute?" I asked, trying to keep an equal innocent face. I raced to Annabeth's room, and quickly told her the issue. She said it had to be believable, but I didn't know what to say, so I went to someone I could always trust to get me out of things: my mom. She said she had my back, of course. 

"Hi. You must be Lily, I'm Sally, Percy's mom." She said. "Unfortunately, I'm going to need you to leave. Percy and I have family business to attend to. Thanks." She said, in her most serious voice. Lily took the hint and left, thanking me on the way out. I was just grateful she was gone. 

"Thanks mom. Love you, I'll be in my room." I said. 

Lily Laurier's POV: 

That was weird. As soon as I tried to get answers, his mom shooed me out of the house. I'll tell the gang tomorrow I guess. Percy just loves to cover his past, but by lunch tomorrow, we will know. 

As I was walking home, I saw Alex headed in the direction of Percy's place so I decided to go talk to him. Where is he going? "Hey Alex, where are you headed?" I said, curios. "Annabeth's house." He replied, nonchalantly. Oh. I realized I hadn't been to Annabeth's house in a while. "Can I come? I want to talk to her dad. Haven't seen him in a while." "Of course!" 

We started walking and a few minutes later we arrived according to Alex. 

"Alex, this is Percy's house." I said. Uh oh. 

A/N: Thanks for reading! Sorry it took 6 chapters to get to the good stuff lol. Byeeee!