Electromagnetic // Warren Pea...

By _sincewerehere_

In a world full of superheros and supervilliams, along with sidekicks, were their kin. The children of the in... More

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕤 & ℙ𝕝𝕒𝕪𝕝𝕚𝕤𝕥
ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕖
𝟘𝟙.
𝟘𝟚.
𝟘𝟛.
𝟘𝟜.
𝟘𝟞.
𝟘𝟟.
08.
09.
𝟙𝟘.
𝟙𝟙.
12.

𝟘𝟝.

1.3K 47 2
By _sincewerehere_

•○•

Monday decided to take its sweet time coming back to Esme, having her go two full days of wondering what the note possibly meant or if it meant nothing.

The birds chirped and the sun began to rise as it did everyday. Although today was a bit different wake up call. Esme decided that she should get back to her exercise since gym class at Sky High was merely just for her powers.

Pulling on some athletic leggings and a loose tank top, along with her white nike shoes, she headed downstairs and out the front door.

For most people at this time of day, they would be sleeping. Others would wake up and be heading off to work, but for Esme these were the moments that she could really comprehend and feel what was actually going on around her and in her life.

With each step she took she could feel the electric currents in the ground run up and down in her body, sparking the life of her powers inside of her as she ran down the sidewalks of her streets.

Esme never knew really where she was going, she just followed her head on where to go. Usually, it would lead her a beach or a park, but today her mind was a bit fuzzy. It knew exactly where to go and which ways to turn, she didn't realize that it lead her to another little suburban area until she looked around.

It was 7 o'clock in the morning, so she only had 30 minutes to get back home before the bus was there. But so some reason, she felt almost like she was drawn to a certain house. Esme felt a weird connection towards it and couldn't exactly put a finger on what or whose it belong too.

That was until a body began moving about in the house, the house that had plants and different yard decorations in it. It looked like the exact version of what peace would bring to a person if they looked at it.

As the body moved towards the door, Esme let out a little gasp and hid behind a large tree. She didn't know how she found his house or what she was doing there at all. To be honest, she was a little frightened herself.

Warren stood there in the doorway of his house, shirtless and crazy bed head sticking straight up in many different directions. His eyes were squinted to adjust to the new light that cascaded over the horizon. Just as he was there, he shut the door and returned to his bed which called his name for him to return on multiple occasions.

Esme, standing behind the tree, breathing heavily began running fast and like a mad man back to her house. Questions littering her head as she heaved and huffed all the way back to her house.

Skipping the step of her porch, she slammed the door shut and leaned against them to get a better breathing circulation before running up to her room. As she laid back on her bed, she tried to calm down and get her breathing under control.

School was in less then an hour and the bus took about a half an hour to get to school. Esme was in a rush this morning and not a good one, she threw on a pair of ripped, blue jeans with a cute little floral blouse.

Leaving a note for her mom on the kitchen table, Esme left her house and headed down to the bus stop just in time as the bus was right behind her.

Ron opened the doors to the bus with a huge smile on his face, Esme was glad to see a familiar face since two days away seemed like forever.

"Goodmorning Esme." Ron ripped his head slightly before shutting the doors behind her.

"Goodmorning Ron, did you have a nice weekend?" Esme asked with the most sincerity in her voice.

"It was good, now back to the best job ever. Picking up and dropping off the future generation of superheroes." He nodded as she sat down in her usual seat.

Picking up a few more kids before heading on down the road, Esme noticed where they were. She thought that maybe this is why she had known where his house was, it was the only explanation. Right?

The bus came to a jittery stop as Ron opened the doors, a young, black clad, punk boy pushed himself onto the bus as he stalked his way towards the back of the bus.

Without saying a word, Warren had sat down next to Esme with no emotion or reaction in his face or body language. Esme kept her head facing straight or to the side to look out the window. Never once looking at the pyro who sat next to her.

Soon, they were off to school once more, seatbelts and lap bars over them as they began to take off into the sky. A nauseous feeling taking over Esme's stomach as she held her head.

Warren raised his eyebrow as he saw the young girls expression in the corner of his eyes. Rolling his eyes, he continued to pay attention infront of him. Not wanting to be on the bus any longer then he had to be.

Soon afterwards, the bus landed down on the ground with a large thud before the doors swung open with an apologetic Ron saying sorry. Warren was one of the first people off the bus since most people let him go first anyways.

Where as Warren was first, Esme was a person to let people go infront of her. She took her time getting her feet to go the same way and not making her spin in circles from the bus ride. She didn't know if that was gonna become a habit or just a one time thing.

Walking over to a tree that provided enough shade for a whole class, Esme sat down on the green lawn. Leaning her back against the trunk of the tree as the wind began to blow through her hair once more. A smile lit up the emotion on her face as she waited for the feeling in her stomach to go away.

20 minutes later and after one bell, Esme had gotten up and began making her way to the mad science room. First, she did stop at her locker which was normal and just like every locker on the outside.

Inside, however, was a different story. Many things were hung up in her locker, such as a dream catcher, a calendar, and many sheets of music plastered on the door of her locker that she had memorized in the span of only a few days.

Her locker wasn't much, but its definitely what suited her and she loved it. With a shut of her locker, her feet began to pick up the pace and made it into Mr. Medulla's class just as the bell rang.

Esme was glad that she wasn't late, though now she had to find a seat that wouldn't give her too much trouble. One table was open and had nobody else sitting by it, bit she could only imagine whose desk it was going to be as she hadn't seen the hot head show up to class yet.

Just as Esme thought of Warren, the hothead had appeared through the door and made his way towards the seat that he already claimed as his for the rest of the year. Esme smiled softly as she placed her books and notepad down on the desk before sitting on the stool.

"Mr. Peace, may I remind you that tardies result in detentions? This will be your first and only warning." Mr. Medulla stated before pulling down a diagram of a freeze ray infront of the class.

"From the silliness of the shrink ray, to the devastation of the death ray." Mr. Medulla began to ramble on as Esme just looked at the tray that was placed infront of her by none other then Gwen Grayson.

She was Mr. Medulla's teaching assistant, more lile teachers pet, but nonetheless Esme didn't feel the need to care for the girl. She was only here to graduate and save the world, like her mother was suppose to do.

"Now if you look to your side, this will be your partner for the rest of the year. No exchanges. No complaints." Mr. Medulla stated once again before telling us to begin building our very own freeze ray.

"Just to let you know, I've never done anything like this before." Esme said honestly as she chuckled softly at the end. Scooting closer to Warren, but not to close to cause claustrophobia between the two.

Warren didn't say anything, instead he started to assemble different parts into different places before handing the rest over to the young sparkler who was his partner.

All Esme had to do was put the trigger on and it was good to go. She was fascinated by the complexity of the arrangement, and how Warren found it easy to build it by himself.

Esme also felt a little embarrassed, but was very excited to see what the rest of the year would look like with Warren Peace as her partner.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 93 26
A princess; a teenage girl was raised by mutants her whole life with no memory of her biological family, having been sent away from them for hers and...
683K 19.2K 27
Rosie Stronghold, Third generation hero, daughter of the Commander and Jetstream, and Will's twin sister. Unlike her brother, she already knows her p...
He Was A Ten By jo

Teen Fiction

6.5K 423 29
I don't know why I am the way I am. I just know that it's been this way ever since I was born. Paige Roberts was born with the ability to see numbers...
8.5K 110 17
Being seen as the school slut does not make high school any easier. Especially if you live in the shoes of Layla. This independent, promiscuous sex...