Balance - The Mandalorian {on...

By FuzzyElf

There is just the Force. Angela Hailyn saw it both in many ways. The Dark and the Light. She saw order 66... More

Balance
Chapter One: Tatooine
Chapter Two: The Bounty Hunter
Chapter Three: The Mandalorian
Chapter Four: Fennec Shand
Chapter Five: The Child
Chapter Six: The Heist
Chapter Seven: The Ambush
Chapter Eight: Together
Chapter Nine: Nevarro
Chapter Ten: The Empire
Chapter Eleven: Moff Gideon
Chapter Twelve: The Armorer
Chapter Thirteen: The End?
Season 2
Chapter One: The Journey Begins
A Little Info

Chapter Two: Mos Pelgos

898 31 3
By FuzzyElf

Tatooine.

They wasted no time in venturing back to the planet they first met on, with a jump through hyperspace it wasn't long. 

The Mandalorians plan all along was to find one of his kind, for that seemed much more possible, before long, they discussed about the way to approach this issue obtaining the child. 

Angela wasn't confident in training him the way of the Force, for sure, she completed her training and earned herself the title of Master, but something kept her from trying. 

She was afraid, conflicted, for the bond they shared wasn't of a Master and her apprentice, it more resembled that of family

She was different from any other Jedi, feelings where her strength, it is in her nature to not be drawn to dark or light and rather to the lifeforce itself. 

She never trained someone touched by both and as strong in the force, she feared that her way might draw him to darkness, for it may not be the one he is supposed to take. 

After all she's seen in the galaxy she didn't dare to risk it, someone else might be more suited for the task. And after all it might even be Luke, he could've grown in the Force, it's been a while since she last saw him, for as much as she knew, everyone else was gone. 

In the end they came to the conclusion to find a Mandalorian, it seemed easier and it was the way for Mando to find himself. It sure would be possible, right? there were more of them than of the Jedi.

*~*

When they sat foot on the sandplanet, back in hangar 35, where they were greeted by Peli ushering her pit droids away from the Razor Crest. 

"May as well let them have at it. The Crest needs a good once-over." Angela smiled at the Mandalorian more readily accepting the existence of droids around him. 

"Oh! So he likes droids now. Well, you heard him. Give it a once-over." Peli jokingly stated and smiled brightly as the other woman gave her a welcoming wave in return. 

"I guess a lot has changed since you were last in Mos... " She started but stopped herself from talking further as the Mandalorian presented the child to her. The gleam in her eyes let Angela chuckle softly by the Mandalorians side. 

"Oh! Thank the Force! This little thing has had me worried sick. Come here, you little womp rat." She took the child into her arms, happiness seeping over their small forms. 

"Looks like it remembers me. How much do you want for it? Just kidding. But not really." She joked but not really, but how could someone take her request amiss. 

The Mandalorian motioned his head to the side, it seemed he was either confused or overwhelmed by all the words bubbling out her mouth. Angela crossed her arms over her chest, leaning on her good leg as she kept chuckling every once in a while, Pelis presence making carefree.

"You know, if this thing ever divides or buds, I will gladly pay for the offspring." 

She got disrupted by hissing wires, their heads turned to the Razor Crest, proving all along that pit droids indeed weren't the brightest of their kind. "Hey! Oh, jeez! Watch what you're doing up there. He barely trusts your kind. You want to give all droids a bad name? Thank you!" 

"We're here on business." The Mandalorian said, "We need your help." Angela added polite as ever. 

"Oh, then, business, you shall have. Care for me to watch this wrinkled critter while you seek out adventure?" Peli asked them. 

"I've been quested to bring this one back to its kind." The red head smiled at the child in Pelis arms as the Mandalorian talked. 

"Oh, wow. I can't help you there. I've never seen any like it. And trust me, I've seen all shapes and sizes in this town." Peli chuckled. 

"A Mandalorian Armorer has set me on my path. If I can locate another of my kind, I can chart a path through the network of coverts." 

"You've been the only Mando here for years from what I can tell." Angela use a moment as her opportunity to talk up about the one question that could probably be answered. 

"We've been told we'd  find one in mos Pelgo. The problem with that is, that I may know of it's name and existence, but not where it's located. We hoped you'd be in possession of a map to lead us there, since the Empire fell it's been eradicated off all the star maps." Angela said as she took a step closer to the mechanic. 

"Oh. Boy, I haven't heard that name in a while. It was wiped out by bandits. Once the Empire fell, it was a free-for-all. I didn't dare leave the city walls. Still don't." Peli mused at the red head, many had forgotten that they still lived in dangerous times, some more than others these days. 

"Can you tell us where it used to be?" the Mandalorian urged her. "Depends who's asking. You want to see it?" Angela smiled appreciative, "But of curse." Peli nodded at their request and screamed for an old R5-unit

The mostly white, with red accentuations, droid beeped happily at the request, was he not often of use nowadays. "No, take your time. Seriously. You just can't get good help anymore. I don't even know who to complain to. Let's go, let's go." 

He rolled before them and slowly showed the holomap of Tatooine. "Waiting. Okay. This is a map of Tatooine before the war. You got Mos Eisley, Mos Espa, and up around this region, Mos Pelgo." She moved the map to show an empty region in the desert of the planet with no indication of a town. 

The Mandalorian moved his helmet from the hologram to Angela, the woman in question knitting her brows, satisfied with the answers received. His head moved on to Peli, he was not so contend with the empty map and hearsay as his partner. "I don't see anything." 

"Well, it's there. Or at least, it used to be. Not much to speak of. It's an old mining settlement. They're going to see that big hunk o' metal long before you land." Peli said playing with the child in her arms and occasionally shifting her attention back to Mando 

"You still have that speeder bike?" He asked enviously, at the realisation what it meant, Angela sighed, there was only one left if Peli had kept it. She would need to go back to her old hut and hope it wasn't already salvaged. 

"Sure do. It's a little rusty, but I got it."

............................................

It's done another chapter and that on time for 24th, so a Merry Christmas to all of you, mine was quite boring.

Anyways i hope to get the next chapter done before the year ends, i'm already working on it.

~Sarah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

397 23 11
Din Djarin must defend the child against dark Force wielders who would gladly take the little one off his hands. He will have to decide whether to tr...
22.8K 675 35
'a Jedi and a Mandalorian? they'll never see it coming...' #1 PedroPascal (08/11/23) #1 Mando (29/02/24)
912 22 15
The Mandalorian gets more than he bargained for when he takes a risky job in exchange for information on a Jedi. Preferring to work alone, he is frus...
94.4K 3.4K 36
After the unexpected assassination of her master, twenty nine year old Thell Sai'Lya, a servant, must forge her own path, and falls directly into the...