A Viking Chief's twins

By Lava_Serpant

(I know I have a completely different story like this) What if Hiccup had a brother? One he thought had died... More

Dragon's Child
Ultra Trouble
New Dragon And New Friend
I'm The Hunter
Healer
Father?
Trust
Attack
Staying? Or Leaving?
Bounty On Who?
AN
This Is Getting Ridiculous
Okay Another AN
Pressure Points
Pieces
Standards
Operation Frost
Frosty Love
Accepted? Or Disowned?
Where Are They?
Questions
The Calm Before The Storm
That's Your Name?
Here's The Storm
Time Out
Mystery Pair
Stranger? Or Friend?
Tense Reunions
Mislabled
Cruel Treatment
Hiccup and Snot-lout "help"
Code Panic
Finders Keepers
Ill gotten
Buffy
Teas Always The Answer
Friendly Family Introductions
Unexpected Contestants
You Hurt Us Too
Gaming time!
Icy Depths
New Contestant
Music soothes the savage dragon
I Want A Dog
Replacement
She is The Healer
Haddock's camping
Who Doesn't Like Chocolate?
Sandbusted
Deep Sea Terror's
Demonic
All Alone
Never Alone
Wing Maidens
The Battle Begins
Dragon's Are The Masters
Want A Race?
A/N
Sequal

Tattoos

5.3K 158 39
By Lava_Serpant

Kai's POV (side note I know this is not what Vikings originally spoke, but it's from Iceland and that is where Vikings were and it's the closest I can get so bare with me please)

What is this? Who are these people?

The guy missing a leg looks almost exactly like me except the eyes and the hair style. When I looked at him he felt....familiar like a bond that felt kind of like what I feel with Nya only stronger. I think he said his name is Hiccup and they all ride their dragons so they might be kind, but I am still not letting them near Flame or her eggs.

They began speaking looking at each other. I glare at the kid with the black hair.

"Kai," I look at the kid from before. He began speaking, but I did not understand him very well. I think they were asking if they could come into the cave. I looked behind me then back at them. I suppose I could handle them if they came in, but I can't risk the eggs.

I pointed to Hiccup then the cave.

"Come on, but only you," I said. Hiccup and the others exchange a glance.

"Ég heyrði hjálpa okkur við gullið," The one with long blond hair said and was sitting on a green two headed dragon. I think it was a guy, but it could be a boy and the one next to it was clearly its sibling, twin almost definitely. Whatever he said made the others scowl at him and the guy so I do too. The blond fat kid from before looked at me and came closer to me and I gripped my sword at him warningly.

"Only Hiccup," I said because he is the only one I trusted.

"Hann getur ekki einu sinni talað rétt. Af hverju ristum við hann ekki bara og látum Fish horfast í augu við og Hiksta rannsaka stífludrekann? Þá get ég fengið gullnu vigtina," The black haired guy from before said and I could tell he was just greedy. A blonde haired girl with blue eyes and shoulder armour with a head band and a spiked leather skirt scolded the guy.

"Í alvöru Snotlout? Gaurinn má ekki kunna að tala almennilega. Hann hefur lifað einn í óbyggðum því Þór veit hve lengi," She scolds him repromandingly while the other guy put his hands up defensively. "Ekki mér að kenna hann talar bara brjálaður," he said defensively making a coo coo sign. I was quick and managed to grab his arm and twisted it behind his back. "I am not crazy and don't forget I can burn you from the inside out," I snapped. His dragon growls at me as he whimpers in pain and I saw the other dragons were growling at me too and their riders were looking at me ready to fight. I let him go and kicked him before walking away. The Hiccup guy grabbed onto my arm and we both freezed as we looked at the contact he made with me and then at each other.

"We just want to help you and know why your here," he said and I blink in surprise he spoke to me in my own language. I then realized though that he did not speak my language, but his own and I understood it. Guess what Flame said was true about how it would eventually click for me was true. "I will only accept you to see Flame," I said still speaking my own language.

"I don't think he's speaking gibberish, look at his clothing it's nothing like I've seen before. He must come from a remote island," the guy with the fat dragon said. "I think he's saying we can go in," Hiccup said. I grabbed his arm and his dragon growls at me. I bended down and put my hand on its head and it goes from growling to curious and let's out a peaceful curios hum. I don't care about the stares I get as I dragged my one legged double ganger towards the cave.

"Umm okay we are going this way," Hiccup said seeming to just go with the flow. I dragged him into the cage then looked behind me and saw that the others were trying to come in especially the fat kid. "No only Hiccup the rest of you can stay back," I said still in my own language. They don't seem to get it and I face palm muttering curses and looked at Hiccup for some help. "I think he only wants me in there," Hiccup said. I nodded in agreement and the others deflated, but the girl with blonde hair seemed skeptic of me. "We can't just leave you alone with him," She said. "I know it's risky Astrid, but please just let me talk to him and see this dragon," Hiccup said than we went into the cave. I took him to Flame and lit a torch with my hand, but he did not see that he was too busy watching Flame.

"This is amazing, I have never seen anything like it before," He said in wonder and looked at her gold scales. He tried to touch them, but I grabbed his hand and shook my head pointing to the pile of scales nearby. I didn't want to throw them out in case someone found them. He went over to them and picked them up inspecting them and his eyes widened. "These are gold. Real gold!" He jumps for joy putting a hand threw his hair as he walks back and forth. "This can solve everything this can get Berk back on its feet," He said in joy looking at a scale. He stopped and looked at me. He then thought about what he was going to say before speaking very slowly. "Can....I.....take.....scales?" He asks making motions and hand gestures.

"Sure I don't need them," I shrugged speaking his own language. He was shocked and blinked at me. "You can understand me?" He asks. "Yeah after listening to a language long enough I can master it. What I was speaking before was Ninjagian my home language," I explained to him. He seems speechless for a moment. "Okay then well first off why are you here? And why hasn't your dragon woken up? Is it hurt or hibernating?" Hiccup asks gesturing to Flame. "She put off laying her eggs for too long because it was dangerous. She laid them and went into a deep slumber. She won't wake up until the eggs hatch in a week or so. Till then I'm caring for her and protecting the eggs. I have been collecting the lava and using it to keep the eggs warm at night. The cave is right under the lava flow so it keeps them warm, but I need to take extra at night to keep them warm," I explained. "Alright and what type of dragon is she?" Hiccup asks. "A fire dragon," I said. "Well there are a lot of fire dragons I mean what type is she?" He asks.

"Well I don't know what type of dragons are here. Where I am from Flame is the only fire dragon and is a fierce protector of the element of fire. Once she's well enough she will fuse with the other protectors of my land to become one," I explained. Hiccup was clearly curious about this, but I had some more important questions. "Now you will answer my questions. Who are you? And why do you feel familiar?" I asked.

"I don't really know the answer to the second question, but my name is Hiccup Haddock of Berk. Me and my friends out there ride and protect all dragons just as you are protecting your dragon," Hiccup said. I looked at Flame who was sleeping soundly. "It is a honour she gave me and a honour I plan to keep. I will allow you to take the scales, but you aren't allowed to tell anyone about Flame. Her eggs are due to hatch in a week and I must watch over them," I explained to him.

He looked at the eggs and walked over to them. I did not stop him because I could feel he would not hurt them. He looked at them and traces a hand over the shells. "Incredible I mean all the eggs are different, but it is as if the eggs shell is the skin of a dragon. And it's hot almost like lava," Hiccup murmurs in awe and I cracked a smile.

"Yeah pretty cool I know," I said. I feel like asking Hiccup a question, but he might not like it, I need to ask it though.

"Hey Hiccup," I said and he looked at me. "Do you have any idea what this is?" I asked and pulled my arm up. Under my arm was what I used to think was a odd birth mark. It was a dragon with its tail winding into a circle and it had sharp horns and a snout with a snake like tongue sticking out. It was small on the under part of my arm and I thought it was just a cool birth mark until Jay noticed it and him being Jay asked when I had time to get a tattoo. I told him it was a birth mark, he did not believe me, he took me to Zane who did a medical scan of it and told me it was a tattoo which got me really confused on what it could me.

Hiccup looked at it and his eyes widened as he took my arm examining the tattoo. "Where did you get this done?" He asks looking at me. "I've had it as long as I can remember. I think I got it before I was adopted," I explained to him. He let go of my arm and pulled up his own sleeve to reveal the exact same tattoo.

"This is the tattoo that the chiefs of Berk's children get when they are born," he said and my eyes widened as I looked at our shared tattoos. "So what your saying is....." I began. "We could be brothers," Hiccup finishes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 169 20
Hiccup is the runt of his tribe and Astrid is abused by her parents. Then Hiccup befriends toothless and shows Astrid a dragons true nature Years pas...
36K 726 12
Will Hiccup discover who, and what, he really is? (I wrote this when I was younger, just started out in writing and was going through a hard time. I...
20.8K 904 9
What if Hiccup wasn't an only child? What if he had a twin sister? What if she was blind? What if she also liked the fearless Astrid Hofferson? Find...
155K 4.1K 28
How To Train Your Dragon belong to DreamWorks. Warning ⚠️ If you haven't watched Dreamworks Dragons 1, 2, and Gift of the Night Fury, spoiler. Kind...