Moon and Stars

By tinyplantluvr

Aurora (au•rò•ra), meaning dawn, taken from the Roman goddess of the dawn, and the Aurora Borealis from the n... More

notice
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
fourty
fourty one
fourty two
fourty three
fourty four
fourty five
fourty six
fourty seven
fourty eight
fourty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two

thirteen

7.6K 231 183
By tinyplantluvr

Aurora steps out from the fireplace, and is instantly hit with the smells of one of her favorite dishes: roast chicken and steamed vegetables. She notices the empty couch, and walks into the kitchen where everyone is, and sees Ron standing on his own two feet.

"Ron, how's the leg?" She asks, taking a seat at the island.

"Fine, but that's beside the point. Where are the cauldron cakes? The chocoballs? The droobles? The chocolate frogs? Did you forget about me and Mione while you were gone?" He asks, flabbergasted. Aurora's eyes widen because yes, she did actually forget their request to bring back goodies.

"I'm sorry, Ron, we forgot while we were working in the shop." Says Harry, and Ron just rolls his eyes.

"A shame is what it is." Mutters Hermione from the stove, where she's just finishing up cooking the meal. There's a salad alongside the hot food, which Aurora also loves.

"Don't worry about it, I can go and get some while you're serving supper, and we can enjoy it afterwards, for dessert." Says Aurora, standing up from her stool. Ron's eyes instantly gleam at the mention of him getting sweets, but Hermione gives her a pitiful smile.

"Don't worry about it, Aurora, you don't have to." She said, and Ron looks at her in disbelief.

"No, she does have-" Whines Ron, but is interrupted by Hermione smacking him on the back of the head.

"It's fine, I'll be back shortly." She says, leaving the kitchen and returning to the fireplace. Before she steps in, she decides apparating would be just as effective, and it wouldn't be so loud.

She walks out the front door and transports herself to Fred's darkened office, but to her surprise, the lights in the rest of the shop are on. She vividly remembered turning them off, so she drew her wand in case it was a break in of some sort.

She peaked out the window of the office, but the displays were too large to be able to see if anyone was in there.

"Here we go." She muttered, sucking in a breath and opening the door quietly. She closed the door loudly behind her, and heard a bottle shatter from the front of the store.

"Who's there?" She called out, walking to the front of the store. The smell of fire, pastries, and a quidditch field quickly fill her nose; it was amortentia that dropped.

She walked to the Lavish Lady display, and saw Angelina standing there, swirling her wand to repair the broken bottle. Aurora held her wand up, pointing it menacingly at the girl, and Angelina did the same.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Aurora said lowly, glaring at her. Angelina didn't falter, and she only glared back, squeezing her wand so hard to the point where her knuckles lightened.

"Mind your business, you slag." She says back through clenched teeth. Aurora's eyes drop to her wand, and she put it down to her side, not wanting to start trouble in the twin's shop.

"I'll repeat myself one more time, what the hell are you doing here?" She asks again, squeezing her wand by her side. Aurora was doing her best to keep her composure, but the insult, the wand in her face, and the fact that Angelina was trespassing was getting under her skin.

"I said mind your business." She replied, stepping towards Aurora, her wand nearly touching her nose.

"You're trespassing, Johnson." Says Aurora, crossing her arms and not letting the wand in her face break her stone cold expression.

"George gave me the key, you maggot." Ashe sneers, using her other hand to wave the key to the shop in her face, a sickening smirk on her lips.

"I don't see George with you, how do I know you didn't steal it?" She spit back, narrowing her eyes at the girl.

"I don't see Fred with you, or a key in your hands, so maybe you're the one in the wrong here, bitch." She says back, raising her eyebrows. Aurora scoffs in response, rolling her eyes.

"You know who's in the wrong here, so tell me what the fuck you're doing in the shop without George." She yells, her face growing red from anger. Her breathing because heavy, and she swear she was seeing red.

"I told you to mind your fucking business, you ass! You have no grounds to say I'm in the wrong, so piss off!" She yells, taking a step forward so her wand was now against Aurora's neck, piercing a small hole below her ear.

Aurora gritted her teeth at the sting from the wand in her skin, but she sucked in a breath in held it, so Angelina couldn't tell the effects she was causing. She raised her chin to look up at the girl, causing the wand to scratch her.

"I'm not stupid, Angelina. There are cameras in here that would show whatever dodgy stuff you were up to, and I'm not afraid to show Fred, so how about you tell me what the hell you were doing, before we find out for ourselves." She says in a low, steady voice, making Angelina's wand drop slightly, before she pulled it away altogether.

"Accio camera!" She yelled, looking around the room to see any cameras.

"Accio camera!" She yelled louder, a smile growing to her face before her wand returned to the bloody mark on Aurora's neck, making her strong expression drop, and her eyes widen.

"What a liar you are, Aurora," She says, the sickening smile plastered to her lips, "I don't like liars." She finished, dropping her head level to Aurora's, her wand digging into her neck.

"Angelina, what the hell are you doing here?" Aurora repeats at a whisper, her eyes still widened. Angelina let's out a laugh, letting her head fall back. Aurora takes the opportunity to step back and draw her own wand, a small drop of blood forming where the wand was previously in her neck.

"I'm not scared of you, McGonagall." She sneers, stepping forward to where their wands are almost touching. Aurora would be lying if she said she wasn't a little nervous of what Angelina was planning on doing, but she didn't want her to know that.

"I'm not scared of you, Johnson." She repeats her words, which makes Angelina clench her jaw.

"I'm done fooling around with you, so either leave me the hell alone, or I'll make you." She sneers, lowering her wand to point at Aurora's chest.

"What the hell are you doing in the shop, Angelina?" She asks again, and Angelina's nostrils flared as her eyes widened. Before Aurora had any time to react, Angelina stepped back and began to swirl her wand.

"Sectumsem-"

"Aurora?" Says Fred from his office door. Angelina drops her wand quickly, hiding it behind her, and Aurora does the same, hoping Fred can't see them behind the display. Angelina plasters on a fake smile and steps into the open, where she greets Fred seductively.

"Angelina? What the hell are you doing here? Where's George? Where's Aurora?" He stammers, and Aurora is snapped out of her paralyzed state when she feels a hand on her shoulder.

"I saw Aurora in here while I was checking on something for George, he gave me the key," Says Angelina, waving the key around for Fred to see, "I was just leaving, but I wanted to just have a chat before I left." She finished, the lie rolling off her tongue as if it was the truth.

"Aurora, you were taking awhile so I wanted to check up and see if you were alright. Have you gotten the candy yet?" Asks Fred in his soft voice, and she shakes her head, making sure to cover the hole in her neck.

"I was just about to, I apologize." She said at nearly a whisper, and saw Angelina glaring at her over her shoulder, her hand on her wand as a threat.

"It's alright, we'll just get them and go. Nice seeing you, Angelina." He deadpans, his mouth in a straight line. Angelina says her good nights and walks out of the store, locking the front door behind her.

Aurora didn't know what to say, or whether or not to tell Fred about what happened, so she just walked towards the sweets section, making sure to not grab any of the prankster ones.

"Oh, this must've fallen." Says Fred from behind her, and she turned to see him pick up the pink vile and put it back on the display before he came to her side, wrapping an arm around her waist. Aurora flinched slightly at the contact, still shaken up from her encounter with Angelina, and Fred noticed immediately.

"Hey, you alright?" He asks softly, turning her to look at him. Aurora mustered a small smile and nodded at him, turning her attention back to picking out the sweets that Ron requested. Fred could probably tell that she didn't want to speak, so he let her be, helping her gather desserts for their friends.

"Ready to go?" He asks, and Aurora nods at him. He turns and heads for his office, Aurora following close behind.

Before she went into the room, she turned around, her eyes falling on the Lavish Lady display, and her hand gently came up to touch the wand wound on her neck, which was bleeding slightly from how hard Angelina had it pressing into her skin.

"Aurora?" Asks Fred, and she snapped out of her thoughts, smiling at him and going to the fireplace that Fred came from.

"Yeah, sorry, I'm coming." She responded quietly, grabbing a handful of floo powder with her free hand, bursting into a green flame as she returned to the burrow to hopefully take her mind off of whatever the hell just happened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

250K 7.8K 27
Book 1: Constellations Book 2: Stargazing [ONGOING] Constellation /ˌkɒnstəˈleɪʃ(ə)n/ noun: a group of stars forming a recognizable pattern that is tr...
126K 3K 85
WARNING: My first language is not english, i can write wrong... but If i do, you're Welcome to correct me You and your brother Harry Potter is raised...
182 20 30
"ill love you forever."
9.7K 248 14
Their light, their love. The only thing they deemed important. Everyone could see it from day one. Everyone could feel it. The love The Marauders had...