Just Me and You

By soccerfanatic2

There's a new girl in town - yet she isn't a soccer player. At least not anymore. Her name is Alexis, but eve... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 3

3.9K 83 1
By soccerfanatic2

Lexi's POV

"Oh no Leah, is he doing okay?"

"He's alright, he has a slight fever and a sore throat, I just picked him up from school. Unfortunately I'm not sure I can watch Pia tonight, I don't want her to catch anything."

"Oh my gosh, don't even worry about it seriously! I just hope he gets better soon," I say while running my hand through Pia's hair who is sleeping next to me.

"I'll talk to you soon alright? I'll see you at work next week."

As I say goodbye to Leah, I internally curse and sigh. Tonight is supposed to be my date with Kristie, and I do not want to cancel. I've been looking forward to it all week and I know she has as well.

As my head spins, I try and think of an alternative. I hate asking Ella to babysit outside her scheduled days, because she deserves her free time away from Pia. She also is busy tonight with a work dinner for Ben.

This is the moment I wish my parents could travel and live wherever I am. I don't have any siblings, so I am my parents pride and joy. But I could never ask them to leave their lives they've created for me.

Racking my brain, and ultimately coming up with nothing, I reach for my phone and call Kristie. Stepping away from Pia so I don't wake her, I head into the kitchen area.

"Hey lex, what's up? You're not bailing on my tonight now are you?" I can hear the smirk in her voice and I instantly close my eyes and sigh.

"Actually, I am but not by choice. I'm so sorry Kris, I was really looking forward to our date."

"What's wrong?"

"I don't have anyone to watch Pia tonight. My friend Leah was supposed to but her son is sick, and I hate asking Ella for everything when she does so much."

"Stop it lex, don't be sorry. I completely understand. But I may have a solution for you."

"Wait really?" My eyes light up and I straighten up a little.

"How about Jane watches her tonight?"

"No kris, I can't. That's so rude of me. I barely know your teammate let alone your roommate and I'm sure she'd rather be doing something much more fun on this Friday night."

"Oh stop it right now. We have a game tomorrow so my teammates won't be doing anything crazy. And Jane loves kids. I know she was supposed to hang out with a couple teammates tonight but movie night is at our place, Pia would fit right in!"

"I'm not sure Kris, I've never even met these girls."

"Well how about this. The girls are coming over at five for pizza. You could come over and meet everyone and Pia can have pizza with the girls. I trust these girls with my whole life, I would never put Pia in danger."

"I know you wouldn't, I trust you with my whole life and I just met you."

"Well I'm glad to hear that, tonight will go great I promise you. And I cannot let this date get cancelled, I'm way too excited. Plus I think this'll really help me mentally prepare for my game tomorrow, you can't put my career at risk like that can you?"

"You're smooth love, very smooth. But I'm in. I'll see you at five. Should I be ready by then so we can just hang out with your friends a little?"

"That sounds perfect."

"Okay, I'll see you then."

As I hang up the phone I lean my head on the counter and sigh before looking at the clock.

It's already 2:30, I have a lot to do in so little time.

——————————

"Remember to use your manners babe alright?" I say to Pia as I knock on Kristie's door.

"I know mommy, I always use manners."

"I know you do," I say with a smile as the door swings open."

"Kristie! I missed you," Pia says as she gives her a hug and Kristie lifts her into her arms.

Their reaction puts a smile on my face, but I also can't take my eyes off of Kristie. Her outfit is gorgeous and she is truly stunning. Before I knew it, she broke me out of my trance.

"My eyes are up here love. I know I look great but you should see yourself."

As my cheeks grow red, she pulls me into a hug and places a small kiss on my neck so no one else can see.

"You're beautiful," I whisper before pulling away.

"You're stunning," she says as she gives my hand a squeeze. "Now come on, it's time to meet everyone. Pia has already introduced herself to the girls I'm sure."

As I step inside and kick my sandals off, I'm met with many eyes staring at me and I instantly grow nervous and freeze in my place. Unlike Pia, who is very outgoing, I am the complete opposite. I hate meeting new people, big groups scare me, I like to spend time alone watching movies and I love quiet. So this group of girls who are all athletes and Kristie's closest friends, frankly scared the shit out of me.

"Everyone, this is Lexi. And I'm sure Pia has introduced herself already. If she hasn't, this is her daughter Pia. Pia is gonna hang out here for the night while Lexi and I head out for dinner."

"It's nice to meet you all, I hope the little one isn't too much of a pain in the butt."

"Oh stop lex," Jane says as she looks at me. I've met Jane once or twice in passing with Kristie, and she's always been one to talk to Pia while Kristie and I have a conversation. As I look toward her now, Pia is sat in her lap tracing her tattoos on her arm. "She's never a pain, she's a cutie and we're gonna have so much fun, right Pia?"

"Pizza and movie night mommy! It's gonna be so fun, and I'll be a good girl I promise."

A couple of the girls let out some awwws before introducing themselves to me, and each one gave me a hug which I found comforting. I just met them, but they're including me as if I was one of their own.

Before I know it I'm sat down on the couch conversing with them all like we've been friends forever, and it's truly heartwarming to me to see them so accepting of Pia and me.

As we sit at chat, Kristie is directly next to me, playing with my fingers absentmindedly. I look over to her and give her a smile and she does the same.

"We should probably get going soon," I say as I glance at my watch. "Our reservations are at seven, and it's game day tomorrow. Can't have you out too late," I conclude with a wink.

"You're right, let me go grab my purse."

As Kristie steps away, I grab Pia's attention.

"Alright Pia girl, I'm gonna get ready to leave. Come and say goodbye."

The room almost goes silent as they watch my reaction with my daughter. Pulling her into a hug, I get down on her level and kiss all over her face, making her laugh.

"You're gonna be good right? No excessive question and be polite. And I'll be back before you know it."

"Do you think one day I can play soccer with the girls? Jane even said she'd let me score on her in the goal!"

"One day we will, you know mommy loves soccer. But tonight is movie night, so behave and relax and watch the movie."

"I know mommy. I love you," she says as she gives me one last hug before looking to Kristie who's standing behind me. She folds her arms across her chest and tries to be as intimidating as she can be.

"Do you like my mommy?" She asks, as Kristie kneels down so she is at eye level.

"I do like your mommy. She's very pretty and really good company."

"Hmmm okay. But you have to be nice to her."

That earns a chuckle from the room.

"I pinky promise." Kristie holds out her pinky and Pia interlocks theirs together before giving her a hug.

"Have fun! Bring me home the leftovers!"

I blow Pia one last kiss before stepping out the door with Kristie by my side.

"She is so cute and so funny, just like you," she says as she pulls me to a halt outside the elevator.

"You sure know how to make someone blush. Now stop it, this is supposed to be all about you tonight," I give her hand a squeeze before guiding her into the elevator. We make small talk on the way down to my car and all the way to the restaurant. I picked an Italian place in the heart of the city that overlooks the skyline. I asked everyone at work for the best place and this was the number one answer. As we sit down directly by the window I just can't help but stare at her.

"What?"

"I just can't believe I'm here. In front of you. On a date with a gorgeous girl. I've never been one to put myself out there because I've always had Pia as my first interest. But when I ran into you a couple of weeks ago I lost all my words and knew I couldn't let us never interact again. I had to give it a chance. And I'm glad I did."

"Well," she says as she grabs her wine glass in one hand and my hand in the other. "Let's cheers to hopefully many more."

——————————

Happy new year!! Hope you all like it

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

292K 10.3K 46
This isn't your typical nerdy girl falls in love with the jock book ... what happens when you put bad with new? Meet Lexi Reed, the 18 year old rebel...
366K 9.5K 33
When Rebeccas mom passed away from cancer, she finds herself 4 months later moving to a new town with her dad. As she deals with starting a new schoo...
18.7K 796 23
Jenn Mckenzie loves her job as a nurse on the busy ward 36, and loves the fun times she has with her friends but is severely dissatisfied with her lo...
104K 2.6K 37
When a teacher starts at a new school she is devoted to help her students. She's the caring type but still lives a partying life. Helping one of her...