π’π„π‘π€ππ‡πˆπ‚ οΌƒ NOZEL SILV...

By vollerie

𓂃 δΈ­ IT WAS YOU ! it has always been you that i longed for . 𓂃 β΄° ࣭͘ οΉ«vollerie ! all rights reserved... More

FOREWORD. author's note
CHARACTERS. introduction
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
EPILOGUE
β₯ special chapter
β₯ special chapter

17

2.1K 69 32
By vollerie

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.  DILEMMA

THE MOMENT I ENTERED the banquet room, I felt as if the light was shut off and the spotlight simultaneously shifted to me. I felt their curious eyes on my figure, still not used to this feeling even after years.

"Lady Amira, Looks as beautiful as ever." People who voiced compliments and those who criticized me was all murmured in the room, I glance at my siblings who tagged along with my squad to feel a bit assured in this crowd.

An dark brown haired man, Walked towards me with a gentle smile on his face alike a true gentle-man. His feaures seemed eerily similar to one I saw before but I quite couldn't put my hand on who it was.  "Oh my, Isn't that Lord Ezra?" I heard people whispering again, suddenly he bowed his head and reached for my hand with my permission.

"Lady Hiroka, you look wondrous tonight." He compliments with a sly undertone as I hide my anxiety behind a layer of charm. 'I feel more anxious tonight than any other banquet I attended.' I thought, watching as he kissed the back of my hand before he retracted his hand and now stood eye to eye with me.  I glanced behind me to meet gazes with Kendra,

'Kendra, What should I do?' She blatantly shrugged in response, It was easy to know what I was asking by the current look on my face. "Your name, milord..?" I asked out of curiosity, his smile widening. "Yuu Ezra, Captain."

"Brother! What are you doing wandering around?!" An light airy voice yelled, which he glanced at briefly.  "Hanabi? I am simply extending my greetings to Captain Hiroka." He said bluntly, pointing towards my direction. She immediately glimpsed towards me with a overprotective gaze.

"You look familiar.. Wait, Aren't you that peasant who was wih Lord Silva?" Hanabi accused with an displeased frown, making me scoff in exasperation and pointed to myself.

"I beg your pardon? You have heard my name loud and clear, Lady Hanabi. Shall I introduce myself once more?" I responded, staring sharply at the ravenette.

"I do not need bland introductions of someone in a lower standing than me!" Hanabi refused, clenching her jaw.  "I am first and foremost a royal, therefore you disrespectful magic knights need to have a bit more courtesy!" She added, balling her fists up as she attempted to take a step forward.

"Hanabi, You are embarrassing us. Do not pick a fight here." Ezra's voice reprimanded with authority, sending her an cold and shivering glare for her behavior. "Amira, You should also mind your words. This whole ordeal, is unpleasant to see and hear." An cold voice chides beside me, I turned to see who it was and met with amethyst-pinkish orbs.

"Nozel! She has disrespected the Magic Knights' name, and the Wizard King's as well. Should I let this past?" I said in disbelief, but he simply shaked his head in diagreement. I simply frown before scurrying back to our table.  Charlotte sat beside me, the banquet continued.

"Are you alright Mira? I noticed ever since you entered the banquet you seemed terribly stiff and bothered." She asked, putting a light hand on my shoulder. "I don't know why, But I feel like something is going to go wrong." I confessed, She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Is it your gut feeling? Then I suppose it can't be ignored easily." Charlotte said, gazing at me worriedly.

"Don't worry, Charlotte. Go enjoy yourself, Go ask Yami to dance or something, I'll be alright soon." I chased her away but still felt uneasy, Charlotte seemed reluctant but I manged to convince her to go. I wouldn't want this to affect anyone's mood for tonight.

"Just call me or your siblings if you need something." Charlotte said in a hushed voice, her cheeks slightly reddened. "Charlotte!~ Don't get too shy around me, I said I'll be alright. But it is fun to see you worried like that!" I chuckled quietly, in return she flicked my forehead for my teasing.

'Man why did I even bother coming here? But Julius asked me to and I can't turn him down.' I thought carefully, Laying my head on my arms. "Lady Amira, I am sincerely sorry for what fuss I did earlier." Hanabi came, bowing her head suddenly with a apologetic tone.

"Lady Hanabi.. It really is alright." I said calmly, As she smiled. She held two wine glasses before putting the other one in-front of me, fumbling with her dress. "Is this alcohol?" I asked, inhaling a whiff of the wine.

"Yes, it is.. I brought it here as an token of apology, Captain. I've also disrespected the magic knight's name and that alone is a bit unforgivable." Hanabi apologized giving me one last bow before walking away.

After a while of sitting in boredom, I went and got food to eat for a few minutes before someone called my name.

"Mira!" Yami's boisterous voice yelled, and from a mile away I could tell he was plotting something in that little brain of his. he already reached me and wrapped an hand around my shoulder, "Yami you bastard! I swear if you don't take your arm off me this instant!"

"Chill! Wanna join us for a game?" He asked, I blinked owlishly in confusion before quickly refusing. "A game? What are you? Children?"

"C'mon! You used to be the one suggesting that shit! Don't act like such a kill-joy now." He laughed loudly before pushing me towards where they gathered, an irk mark was evident on my forehead.

"What are you guys even playing?" I asked, crossiny my arms. "It's more like truth or dare, But if you refuse to do it you'll take a shot of alcohol!"

"I have already had a glass Yami!"

I shook my head in disbelief, I looked around and saw Charlotte in the circle as well. It appears she was dragged in aswell, Moreover her rival is with us. They took turns and asked each other, My mind was wandering elsewhere. I was snapped out of my daze when Yami called out to me for the second time. "Truth or dare?"

"Truth..?"

"Amira, Do you like bird braid?" Yami pried, not even bothering to hide his sly smirk. The group snickered and waited my response, very curious.  "I do not." I responded, I was unsure of my feelings and I was very busy to even understand them and put them into words.

They took turns again until it was Yami who was asked a question, which peaked my interest. "If you were to date someone, Who would it be?" They asked, Charlotte was fumbling with the shirt like she was indeed nervous.

"Of course it's obvious! It's Amira of course!" He laughed loudly, I quickly turned my head to him unbelievably. 'Did I hear that right?' I thought, I saw Charlotte look at me with a slightly jealous glance.

"Why not? Mira is so understanding and kind! Someone smart as her is fit for an dumb person like me! But that doesn't mean I like her. She's only my best bud!" He huffed out the smoke, and Charlotte somewhat looked relieved as I did too.

'That's true.. Who wouldn't fall for Amira, She is kind, talented and understanding. She has the ability to adapt into any situations and a strong captain as well. She is someone who wouldn't disappoint us and a person we could rely on.' Charlotte thought with a faint smile.

"Excuse me guys, I'll be going out for awhile. I need some fresh air." I uttered, As they nodded. I went outside and found myself on the balcony, I still had the wine glass in hand. I sat on the stone railings, Which was flat and enough for someone to sit on.

I stared at the moon, sharing it's grace to the brightly shimmering stars in the sky. The cold breeze rasped against my skin, while I sipped on my wine. I felt waves of nausea rushing in my gut as my vision started to blur.

I heard the pitter-patter of footsteps coming by, glancing to see who it was and attempted to compose myself. But when I recognized them, I almost felt relieved. "Isn't it dangerous to just sit like that, Amira?" Nozel's stoic voice asked oth a tinge of concern, making me smile very faintly.

"It is, I just need to clear my thoughts for awhile." I responded, Before I set my attention to the night skies again.
"What are you doing here anyways?" I asked, he looked like he gave it some thought before replying.

"I felt like it." He shortly answered, I let out a small laugh.
"Today, the moon looks particularly beautiful doesn't it?" I chirped with a widening smile, I felt Nozel's gaze on me for the briefest of moments before it flickered towards the moon.

"It is."

"Nozel, would you believe me if I told you Lady Acier asked me to take care of you before?" I suddenly quipped, he looked at me as if he was in disbelief before chuckling to himself. "Most likely not, but it doesn't seem entirely impossible. You spent a lot of time with Mother yes?"

"I did, and sometimes I miss her guiding the both of us." I confessed with a small smile, lowering my gaze briefly before meeting with his. Nozel looked a bit relaxed now, still keeping his distance from me. I felt as if my head was spinning and splotches of black hindered my vision, I couldn't even hear what he was saying.

All I remember was the shout of my name, and his concerned expression. That was the first time I ever saw him express this much in awhile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.9K 831 20
Blake didn't have magic for most of his life, but he tried his best to not let it get under his skin. His family at the Hage Church helped keep him u...
16.4K 504 28
~Asta x Noelle Modern AU~ "Happiness is like a butterfly. If you can catch it, it's yours," Asta and Noelle are both ex-lovers from not only just hi...
202K 7.3K 123
Ranked #1 04/02/20 , 14/03/20 , 27/05/20 , 12/09/20 , 08/10/20; 16/09/20; 13/10/20 , 20/12/20 , 10/10/21 , 04/11/21 , 24/11/21 , 09/01/22 , 19/01/22...
2.6K 160 36
Helena Drazel is a twenty five year old Royal from Diamond Kingdom. She's a charming and cheerful woman, ready to leave the sheltered embrace of her...