Little Miss McGonagall.

By I-Got-Krusty-Krabs

Following the death of her dear husband, Minerva McGonagall is left to do the one thing she had never imagine... More

1979.
Child.
Dursley.
Dumbledore.
"She's five."
For the First Time.
Child on the Brink.
Beatriz Isobel Urquart.
Escapes and Traps.
Nicolas Flamel.
Controlled.
Innocent Eyes.
Returns.
Second Year Sparks.
Third Year Fancies.
Wolf on the Mend.
Year 3 Won't End.
Welcoming Speech.
Shopping in the Snow.
12 Grimmauld Place.
Professor Umbridge's Fatal Attack.
Missing Home.
The Burrow.
Slug's Club.
17th Birthday.
Studying Muggles Alone.
Fighting your Demons.
Time to Stop.

New Students.

245 8 1
By I-Got-Krusty-Krabs

The school was alight with a new buzz, students were filling the halls and a new smell could be sensed. The smell of another country, or two. Students would have the whole day to themselves and yet something was different, students were so busy talking and laughing that they hardly felt the day as it passed. One thing that was not missed, however, was the goblet and the angry line that was drawn around it. Beatriz had sat a fair distance from the cup while Imy sat at her side. Shouts and cheers echoed around the room as names were dropped in and as Cedric dropped his name in, Cho Chang watched with the largest smile she could muster.

"Ugh, love. What a bloody mistake that is," Beatriz jested with Imy and the pair began to laugh while trying to carry out their best sneer. Jokes of Snape were made before they turned back to the goblet.

One individual, however, did catch Beatriz's eye as she saw him approach the goblet with much older students ahead. The main reason for her interest was the fact that his eyes never left her's as he walked towards it. She was so sure that she had been wrong that her eyes darted about herself to see who it could have been. The sight of Pansy Parkinson soon simmered any hopes of her being his target and soon her eyes moved around the room in search of another contender. As the boys from Durmstrang had dropped their names in and a deep cheer was made, Beatriz glanced back before finally carrying out her best sneer for Imy.

"That's good but what I want to know is why that Durmstrung boy keeps watching you. I mean, he is making a point surely." Beatriz shook her head and looked back to Pansy Parkinson who seemed to be watching the contender closely. 

"Pansy at seven o'clock." Imy silently accepted the words before shuffling closer to Beatriz. Still, though, the girls watched as the student parted from his group and approached them. A little ruffled and let down, Beatriz let her eyes rest anywhere but on his tall, stocky figure. The brown fabric was wrapped around him tightly and he proudly showed off his Durmstrung clothes.

"Ladies." His thick accent was impossible to miss and as soon as he spoke, a shuffling was heard just behind them and Pansy emerged. Her face moved side to side and her hair swung about, her mousy hair was impossible not to watch as it never seemed to stop moving, even the approaching student had kept his eyes to the swishing hair.

"Pansy, Pansy Parkinson. Who are you?" was proudly stated and a smirk was given in response but as his dark eyes left her hair, they moved to Imy and Beatriz, only to occasionally check on Pansy.

"Sebastian Wolf." His deep tone was mesmerising and for a second, Beatriz forgot how to speak and a wave of panic was starting to set in before she readjusted herself and smiled at him.

"Wow, you might as well ask him to take you now. Simer down Juliet, Romeo isn't here for you." Beatriz looked to the side where Imy was sat but never turned her face from the visitor as she watched his exchange with Pansy.

"Juliet is that one where the 14-year-old who killed herself in the name of love to an unaged man who was probably in his 20s, right?" Imy nodded and Beatriz grimaced for real.

"Now that is believable." The conversation was cut short when Pansy was seen stomping off with her fists clenched at her side. The only reason that such a response could have been made was the new student and immediately the two girls looked up to him. His face was what the pair had focused on and within a moment, he seemed to be watching back, just as closely on Beatriz's face.

"I vas aktually here vor you." Beatriz held still and his name came back to her in a second as she recalled his last few words that she had heard. Her brain and mouth failed her as they didn't even attempt to move and so without being able to do much, silence fell between them.

"Oh well, I am Imogen but I prefer Imy and this is Beatriz but you can call her Bea," Imy quickly filled in and nudged her friend who only nodded.

"Oh, Bveatriz is so pretty. But, I too like Seb, not Sebastian." Came as a response and all that Beatriz could do was nod as he spoke until a loud bang was heard and the twins were wrestling on the floor. The humourous scene seemed to knock some sense into the girl and a proper smile was formed.

"Well, Seb. I see you didn't put your name into the competition. Too young or too scared?" Was the first thing that could pass her lips but Beatriz made sure to keep the smile on her lips and her eyes naturally shone. Until a certain professor caught her eye.

"Too young. I guess you are too?" Quizzed the student and Beatriz nodded.

"Sorry, Seb, but you see, my mother, the Deputy Headmistress is currently watching. Maybe we could talk another time, I am just worried that she might do a Mad-eye Moody and turn you into a ferret." Imy laughed at the thought and couldn't contain herself as the action was mentioned, both girls regarded that as the best second day of term ever.

"Don't vorry. I can vait, vor now." Beatriz's lips picked up at the edges before they were forced down and her eyes met her mother who watched the Durmstrang student leave.

"Could you imagine being a ferret? Should we ask Draco what it is like?" Giggles erupted from the pair as the comment was made. Imy had barely been able to get the sentence out as her laugh swallowed her words.

"No, I know something worse than being a ferret;" Beatriz had stopped as her smile only grew wider but the smile was forced down after a second, "wearing Hagrid's moleskin jacket to get sorted because you fell into the lake. Poor Dennis Creevey will never live it down." Laughter filled the small space around them again as they tried to keep the noise down. Most were too invested in the goblet to even notice them. That didn't stop the odd looks given by some of the students.

The two girls watched as the goblet dazzled with shining lights and a neverending flow of magic, the ceiling of the room was a little dreary but eyes couldn't focus on that as the goblet was in everyone's focus. Something slightly more noticeable for Beatriz and Imy was the glare being sent their way, from multiple directions.

"What do you reckon will happen first; your mother coming over here and telling us how she doesn't like something we are doing or, the snakes coming over here and calling us names because the sexy Russian wanted in your pants and not Pansy's?" Imy flicked her eyes between the two as she waited for something to happen, one of them was bound to occur eventually. All Beatriz responded with was a loud smacking of her lips as thoughts ran over and through her brain.

"I hope neither but mum won't do anything dramatic in the hall and the green slugs won't do anything until mum's gone so it might be a stalemate. Unless this third party does something." Beatriz nodded her head towards the door as her eyes narrowed. Hermione was stood, her back stretched and her chin pointed out. "1 galleon she comes over here and talks to us about S.T.E.W." Imy turned to face the door and licked her teeth.

"S.T.E.W? I have won, considering it's S.P.E.W not S.T.E.W. Still, you're on. I reckon she will skip past us. She only left the hall a second ago, I'm a little confused why she is back already, but she was getting angry at someone for being stupid so she'll probably sit quietly. I'll give you two galleons if Hermione comes over here and you get her to huff at you." The soft patter of footsteps could be heard as Hermione grew closer to the girls. Neither met her eye and yet the pattern of steps was stopped and sure enough, the brunette stopped and her loud sigh forced the pair to look at her face.

"Girls, I think that you finally need to tell me if you will help house-elves escape from captivity." The pair looked at each other and then Beatriz smiled before they both turned back to Hermione.

"You see Hermione, the elves kind of like it. In a non-sexual, bondage way and to be honest, Hogwarts is a nice place to be. Besides, orders need to exist. What comes after the elves? Dementors?" Hermione huffed and Beatriz smiled widely as Imy reluctantly handed over the two galleons and Hermione was left to watch before storming off.

"We should probably go now," Imy suggested with a quiet voice but her words had been rushed.

"Oh, absolutely. Our presence has been felt and definitely rejected by our peers in this room. Race to find Sebastian the sexy Russian." There was no choice for Imy as she watched her friend stand and so followed. The large doors were open wide and Beatriz watched as students lingered around the entrance. A few had stopped to see what the rush was about but little else was given in response when they realised that nothing was happening.

When the girls had left the doors, Beatriz glanced side to side and stopped in her tracks, the body of Imogen had crashed into her but the strong footing Beatriz had stopped any accidents from occurring. To their right were the Slytherins and to the left was McGonagall.

"What do we do?" Imy asked but Beatriz didn't think as she ran towards the Slytherin students. The huddle had watched the pair run at them and little was done as they noted the professors that had their eyes on them. McGonagall was accompanied by Flitwick and Hooch, a mix that they knew they could not wrangle free from. The troublesome Gryffindors had escaped unscathed until they heard thunderous steps moving in their direction and panic bubbled, the dungeon dwellers had decided to follow them and the sight of a speeding Blaise caught the two by surprise as they peered over their shoulders. The echo of shouting professors could also be heard and Beatriz acted, once again on impulse, as she pulled Imy into an alcove, only for the Slytherins to corner them. A slap was thrown from Pansy but McGonagall had managed to petrify the girl before another slap could be delivered and Beatriz could only hold her face while she laughed with Imy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.3K 329 20
CN: Mentions of abuse, unhappy homes, self harm ...never did run smooth. After a year as Albus Dumbledore's assistant, Minerva McGonagall finally bec...
95.5K 2.6K 13
Hermione is left with some news, when Draco helps her for his own sake he gets more involved in her than he should. "I hate that I do like you in tha...
2.9K 143 13
When Hermione is asked to update the National Dictionary of Wizarding Biography, she sets out to discover the mystery of what happened to Minerva McG...
17.9K 858 51
Before she was Professor McGonagall, she was Minerva Macnair. After an arranged marriage forces her into an impossible situation, Minerva does what s...