The New Caroline Forbes

By TigerLily1016

Rose Amari. In her world she's a witch, but not a servant of nature. When her mother dies mysteriously Rose... More

Prologue
Chapter One: Welcome to Mystic Falls
Chapter Two: Let the Acting Begin
Chapter Three: Bad Moon Rising
Chapter Four: Memory Lane
Chapter Five: Kill Or Be Killed
Chapter Six: Plan B
Chapter Seven: Masquerade Ball
Chapter Nine: The Big Bad Klaus
Chapter Ten: A Failed Suicide Mission
Chapter Eleven: Guess who's back, back again?
Chapter Twelve: Free Day
Chapter Thirteen: Kicking Werewolf Ass
Chapter Fourteen: More Annoying Werewolves
Chapter Fifteen: The Dinner Party
Chapter Sixteen: A Unexpected Rescue Mission
Chapter Seventeen: Isobel Returns
Chapter Eighteen: A Stupid Deal
Chapter Nineteen: Change of Plan
|NOT A CHAPTER|
Chapter Twenty: Deals with Klaus
Chapter Twenty-one: Unforeseen Circumstances
Chapter Twenty-two: Backstabbed
Chapter Twenty three: Betrayed

Chapter Eight: Kidnapped

7.3K 253 22
By TigerLily1016

Abandoned House In The Middle Of Nowhere: Rose Point Of View

When I woke up, I didn't open my eyes. I wasn't completely sure what had happened so far, so I was currently listening to Rosemarie and Elena's conversation. Elena was wondering where she was and why they took her, while the five-hundred-year-old vampire was getting annoyed at all of her questions.

I waited until I heard the loud slap, which indicated that she had hit Elena, knocking her unconscious. "I want you to be quiet!" She yelled in frustration. Elena had obviously gotten on her nerves within the short amount of time that she was awake. I'm beginning to think that annoying people is Elena's hobby that she has perfected since she was young.

"She never shuts up. You'll learn that quickly and get annoyed by it even quicker." I announced opening my eyes. Her head snapped in my direction, her eyes wide with confusion. "I injected you with enough vervain to keep you out for hours. How are you awake?"

I turned my head to the left looking at her with a smile. "Hello Rosemarie. I'm Caroline Forbes, it's nice to finally meet you." Her face paled as she looked at me with horror. She slowly took a few steps backwards, never taking her eyes off of me. "Trever!" She yelled, her voice cracking.

In a matter of seconds, he was in the room glancing from me to his best friend before speeding in front of her. His arm was outstretched in front of her protectively. I almost felt bad for scaring them.

To them I was an unknown woman, that vervain doesn't affect -because I'm conscious- that knew who they were. I'm sure thousands of different thoughts went through her mind as to who I was. They had contacted Elijah, the same person they had been running from for over five hundred years, besides Niklaus of course. They were on edge.

None the less, I rolled my eyes, sitting up on the sofa. "I have heard a lot about the two people that went against Niklaus and Elijah five hundred years ago. I'm impressed really. You were able to run from them for so long without daylight rings." I began, glancing down to my hand where my ring still sat snuggly on my pointer finger.

Trever sped towards me, grabbing my throat. Before he could lift me up of the ground, I grab his wrist, twisting it until I heard it snap. He grunted in pain, and I look to the left of him at Rosemarie. "I came here to talk. If either of you try something again, I will kill you. Got it?" She just stared at me silently before nodding her head.

I loosened my grip on Trever's wrist, and he sped to the other side of the room, staring daggers at me. I sat back down, leaning against the tattered sofa. The color was worn, and there were holes in the arms of it.

"You know Klaus?" She asked, confident in her tone, but I could see the fear in her eyes. "Maybe; maybe not." Rosemarie glances at Trever before taking another step forward. "Who are you? How did you overpower me?" He asked irritated. "Like I said to Rosemarie. I'm Caroline Forbes." I smiled. My calm attitude was making them nervous.

"How did you overpower Trever? How old are you?" She repeated his question trying to get as much information as possible. "I overpowered Trever because I'm older than him." I knew that they had already guessed, I was older. By telling them this, it doesn't really answer their questions.

Rosemarie wanted to know if I knew Niklaus. I didn't tell her if I did. I let the fear in their minds fester. By answering their question about who I was and how I overpowered Trever, this would make them think that they could not only get the information from me, but they would have to collaborate with me to get the knowledge they so desperately wanted.

This way, they would not only fear me for not knowing who I was, or who I was working for, but they would listen to me, and not kill me. I knew that I was more powerful that Caroline should be, but I wasn't certain that I could take on vampires that are older and stronger than Kathrine. I needed to be cautious, without them realizing that they have the upper hand.

What they did know without me having to tell them is that I was beating around the bush on purpose. They knew I had an alternative motive for being kidnapped with Elena, but they didn't know what that was. Sadly, this was taking longer than I expected. No matter how hard she hit Elena, she's going to wake up, and my true intentions will be revealed.

I stood up, and both of them took a few steps back. "If you don't want me to tell Niklaus of your whereabouts, you're going to work with me." They were both extremely confused by my statement. "That sorry excuse of a doppelganger over there doesn't know who I am." I motioned towards Elena's unconscious body on the other tan couch.

"Neither does anyone in Mystic Falls. It's going to stay that way. When Elena wakes up you will act like we didn't have this conversation. Do we understand each other?" I kept calm, my face void of emotion as I subtly threatened them.

They both nodded, and I laid back down, closing my eyes. When I didn't hear any movement, I turned my head to look at them. They were still standing in the same spot staring at me. "Why are you still standing there?" I asked, shooing them away.

When they went into a different room, I closed my eyes once again before waiting for Elena to wake up so I could start act two. Everything was starting to pick up, and my plan was being put into action. At first I was worried that something would happen and screw it up, but so far everything is going smoothly.

It took longer than I thought for her to actually wake up. I continued to relax but it was kind of hard to because the cushions were worn. She had gotten up, looking around the room moving different things. She was being very loud about it too. Why was she looking around anyway? I get that you would be curious if you got kidnapped and then a woman knocked you out but, I was just lying on the couch.

To the untrained eye you would think that I was knocked out or maybe dead. If I had gotten kidnapped, I would go to my friend because I wouldn't want to be alone.

After a few minutes she finally acknowledged my existence. She walked over to me, putting her hands on my shoulders. "Caroline. Caroline wake up." I opened my eyes acting like I was in a daze "Elena? What happened?" I looked around the room acting scared. "Shh. I can hear other people taking." She said before turning around. "Follow me."

We walked down a hallway, there were holes in the walls. The wallpaper was coming off, and I could only assume it had been a century since this place had been lived in. "So, you called him?" Trever asked anxiously. Rosemarie sighed obviously irritated with his constant worrying. "No. I called once of his contacts. You know how this works."

Elena walked closer, me following closely behind. I could tell Trever was getting antsy, and he had every right to be, soon Elijah declares 'off with your head'. I grinned at that thought. I never really cared enough about Trever to be sad about his death.

"Did you or did you not get the message to Elijah?" He asked. She crossed her arms before explaining more hoping he would calm down. "They say he got it." I leaned against the wall while Elena walked even closer like an idiot. If you're trying to eavesdrop on a conversation, you stay hidden.

"You!" I turn my head to the left and see Rosemarie speed towards Elena. "There is nothing around here for miles. If you think you're getting out of this house, you're tragically wrong. Understand?" She threatened. Elena was frozen, in fear, but she tried to hide it. "Who's Elijah?" She asked.

Rosemarie turns around, walking off into another room leaving her question unanswered before mumbling. "He is you worst nightmare." I chuckled remembering this scene for the first time and wondering how bad this 'Elijah' was going to be. He is not bad in my opinion. I mean yes, he does decapitate like ten people in the next couple of episodes, but he had his reasons.

After Rosemarie left the room, Elena followed her to get more answers while I continued to mind my own business. Soon I felt someone staring at me. Trever. "You know if you have questions, staring at me won't get you the answers."

He walked over to me gaining whatever courage he could. "How old are you?" I turned to face him before answering. "Seven hundred and twenty-four." His eyes went wide but continued regardless. "How do you know Elijah and Klaus?" I push myself off the wall behind with a smile.

"Come, take a walk with me." I started walking down the hallway in the opposite direction as Rosemarie and Elena. He hesitated for a moment but followed me anyway.

After a couple minutes of walking, he relaxed more, but still had his guard up. "I can see people's past and a potential future with a single touch." I muttered. He laughed in disbelief. "Did you think I would believe you?" I stopped walking, turning to face him completely. Once he saw that I was serious his face turns into confusion, disbelief, and wonder.

His eyebrows furrowed. "Your serious?" I nod. "It's how I know about the entire family of originals. I touched Kathrine and saw Klaus and Elijah." He squints his eyes. "I don't believe you." His answer was reasonable. I mean, I am a vampire, and vampires don't have powers.

They don't really go into detail into Trevor's backstory in the show, so I'll told him what I knew. I grabbed his hand and closed my eyes. He was startled at my sudden action, but then let me continue out of curiosity. I let go of his hand and open my eyes.

"I saw you meet Kathrine when you helped her escape from Elijah and Klaus. Then you brought her to Rosemarie, and Kathrine hung herself." He looked convinced. That was easy. "Did you see my future?" I looked down pursing my lips. "That's weird." I mumbled closing my eyes and rubbing my temples.

He grabbed my shoulders out of fear. "What? What's weird?" I shove his hands off my shoulders. "I can see us continuing this conversation and then us going to see Rosemarie and Elena but after that it's just black." Now he looked even more worried. "What do you mean by 'it's just black'?"

"I can't see past the next ten minutes." He shook his head. "You're lying to me! You can't see my future; you're just making this up!" I scoffed crossing my arms. "I'm not lying. I can't see past the next ten minutes; it's not my fault it's never happened before."

"Whatever! If your lying, you're lying. If not, then too bad for me!" He sped back into the room where Elena and Rosemarie were talking. "Yes Trever, too bad for you." I mumbled to myself.

I followed him and heard Elena asking her slew of questions. "What do you mean 'I'm the key'? The moonstone is what breaks the curse." Rosemarie shook her head before explaining with a small smile. She was obviously proud of knowing all this information and now got to show it off.

"No. The moonstone is what binds the curse. The sacrifice is what breaks it."

I sped onto the couch while listening to the conversation between the two women. The information wasn't wrong, well for the most part anyway. Rosemarie continued while Trever was staring daggers at me from the other side of the room.

"The blood of the doppelganger. You're the doppelganger. Which means in order to break the curse, you're the one that has to die." Elena face was priceless, it almost made me burst out laughing. Almost.

She tried to hide being scared once again by continuing her questions. "Tell me more." She took a step in Rosemarie's direction, her hands nervously playing together.

"Captivity has made her pushy, eh?" Trever comments with a smirk. Elena glanced at him and then towards me. "What do you want to know, doppelicous?" He asked once again. I rolled my eyes and looked at Rosemarie who was watching me cautiously. "Who are you running from?" Elena finally asked. I decided to answer this one because I was feeling left out.

"The Originals." Elena looked at me suspiciously. "Yeah, she said that. What does it mean?" She asked confused. Trever sighed. "The old world -Rose and I pissed em' off." Rosemarie glared at Trever while he was walking around the room and cleared her throat. He quickly corrected himself. "Correction. I pissed them off. Rose had my back for over half a millennium, and they want us dead."

Elena's eyebrows furrowed. "What did you do?" I sat up and replied, "He made a common mistake." Elena turned towards me with a look of confusion. "He trusted Katerina Petrova." Elena looked down thinking for a moment. "Kathrine." I nodded. Rosemarie took a few steps towards Elena. "The one and only. The first Petrova doppelganger." She added.

Once again, wrong. Kathrine is not the first Petrova doppelganger. It was Amara but let's not rain on her parade. Trever explained more. "I helped her escape her fate. And now I've-" Rosemarie glared at him once again. "-Sorry we've been marked ever since."

"Which is why we're not going to make the same mistake again." She continued Trever's story, and they both leave the room. Once they were gone Elena rushed over to me. "How did you know about the Originals!?" She asked accusingly. "Trever and I had a little chat." I responded simply.

Elena put her hands on her hips scrunching up her face. "Caroline, you can tell me the truth. If they threatened your mom so that you would kidnap me, it's okay."

I stood there in a sort of shocked silence. The nerve Elena has to think that I wanted to kidnap her, Caroline has been friends with her for forever! Sure, I want to kill her, but just based on a few disagreements, she would seriously question her best friend?

I took a deep breath standing up so that we were eye to eye. "Not everything is about you, Elena." I said through gritted teeth. Before she could respond, I sped out of the room and into a random one.

I heard Rosemarie and Trever talking about what I had told him. She didn't believe it, but also didn't think I would tell him such a big lie either. I walked in the room and they both stopped talking and looked at me warily. I sighed, shaking my head before walking towards the chair in the corner of the room, waiting for Elijah to make a grand entrance.

________________________________________

   "He's here. This was a mistake!" Trever came running down the stairs yelling. I now leaned against the doorway while Rosemarie tried to calm him down. "No, I told you that I would get us out of this. You have to trust me." She said holding his shoulders.

Elena curious of the commotion watches Trever and Rosemarie with interest. "No! He wants me dead, Rose!" He yelled with full certainty. "He wants her more." Rosemarie says motioning towards Elena. Neither of which have discovered my presence in the doorway.

Trever stopped pacing and turned around facing his best friend. "I can't do this. You give her to him, he will have mercy on you, but I need to get out of here!" Trever was filled with anxiety that it was practically coming off of him in waves. Hey. What are we?" She asked, grabbing his hands. He took a few deep breaths before mumbling, "We're family... Forever."

Soon after three loud knocks echoed through the abandoned house. Trever's eyes go wide, terrified of what is to come, while Rosemarie took a deep breath trying to calm herself. "You're scared." Elena states.

"Congratulations, Elena you managed to state the obvious. Could you tell me what gave it away? The loud eerie knocking. Trever freaking out saying he's going to die or the fact that they have been on the run for over five hundred years?"

She just glared at me. "Stay here with her, and don't make a sound." Rosemarie told Trever. Then she sped out of the room, and I crossed my arms. "You have something to say Elena?" I asked getting tired of her glares. She looks away and I closed my eyes focusing on Rosemarie and Elijah's conversations.

"When you invited me into this armpit of civilization, which is a mere three hours from the town we know as mystic falls, I surmised it had everything to do with Katerina... Do you have her in your possession?" Elijah's thick British accent echoed through my ears.

"No. I have better... I have her doppelganger." Rosamarie spoke with confidence. "That's impossible. Her family line ended with her. I know that for a fact." Yeah, because your brother slaughtered her entire family. I shook my head.

"Then the facts are wrong." Rosemarie was obviously nervous. "Well; show her to me." His voice sounded more excited than I remembered. "Elijah, you're a man of honor. Your to be trusted, but I want to hear you say it." Rosemarie began again wanting him to confirm it. He sighed. "You have my word that I will pardon you." She let out a breath of relief. "Follow me."

That was Rosemarie's first mistake. Elijah is a man of honor, yes, but that doesn't mean that he can't change his wording. He said that he would pardon Rosemarie not Trever. He will keep to his word, but she wasn't paying attention to what he said. I quickly sped to the room and stand in the corner behind Trever.

Rosemarie was the only one that noticed my existence. This was my first-time meeting one of the originals and I was ecstatic. Because I have watched 'The Originals,' and 'The Vampire Diaries,' I already know everything about him. Phoebe would be flipping her shit if she were in my position. She would have already introduced herself, blown her cover, and made Elijah think she was a stalker because of everything she knew. I was once again pulled out of my thoughts by Trever. "I have waited so long for this day, Elijah. I am terribly sorry."

I looked up and saw Elijah start walking circles around him. "Oh, no, your apologies are not necessary." Trever kept his head down the entire time. Even though Elijah said it wasn't necessary Trever continued. "Yes, it is. You trusted me with Katerina...and I failed you."

"Oh, yes, you are the guilty one, and Rosemarie aided you because she was loyal to you. That, I honor.... Where was your loyalty?" Trever looked up at Elijah. "I beg your forgiveness." Once he said that I held my breath waiting to see what was to come. Elijah smiled. "So, granted." The next second he raised his hand and backhanded Trever's head off. Blood splattered all over the floor and Rosemarie gasped in terror.

"Damn." I mumble unconsciously. Seeing it a few hundred times on tv was nothing compared to the real thing. Elijah's head snapped in my direction. "Who are you?" He questioned, his eyes glancing from me to Rosemarie. Once he was in front of me I tilt my head to the right. "That depends on if you want the long story or the short story."

"The short story will due for now." I grin, putting my hand out for him to shake. "Hello, I'm Caroline Forbes." He took my hand shaking it. "Pleasure to meet you Ms. Forbes. I'm Elijah." I shook my head with a chuckle. "The pleasure is all mine. I have been wanting to meet you for an awfully long time."

He looked at me cautiously, then tried to take his hand back when I closed my eyes. After a couple seconds I opened them, a sad expression on my features. "I'm so sorry." I mumbled to him. He looked at me weirdly, but before he could ask any further Elena whisper-yelled, "Caroline get over here!"

I rolled my eyes. "Why exactly should I do that? I'm perfectly fine where I am." I kept my attention on Elijah, as she looked at me like I was crazy. "He will kill you!" She screeched. I sighed, closing my eyes. I get Elena has to be Elena and say shit about me and make comments, but why did she have to ruin my meeting with Elijah?

"Yes, he could very well kill me at any moment he pleases, but I haven't given him any reason to do so. I have delt with your bullshit since Kathrine arrived, can't you shut your mouth for once?" I rambled before looking away from her. "Don't start acting like you care about anyone besides yourself."

She looked taken aback, and I could see the anger rising. "I'm self-centered?" She screeched once again. "I have been through so much and you weren't there for me!" I took a deep breath, clenching my fists. 'You can't kill her; we need her to break the curse'. I repeated those words in my head before opening my eyes and turning to Elijah.

"It was lovely to meet you, Elijah. Can we be on our way now?" He nods, a slight smirk on his face as he responds. "Yes, I do think we should be getting on our way." He turned from me to Elena his smirk now gone. "Come." He commanded while motioning towards the door.

Elena took a step back looking terrified. I wasn't sure how she did that. She was just arguing with me, and now she is as scared as a little rabbit? Was she bi-polar?

"No, what about the moonstone?" She offers, in hopes that it might help in some way. Elijah turned his head, speeding towards Elena with a newly found curiosity. "What do you know about the moonstone?" Elena smiled slightly, thinking she now had the upper hand. "I know that you need it, and I know where it is."

I sighed once again and glanced over at Rosemarie who is silently crying on the floor by Trever's decapitated body. I walked over to her, kneeling down. "If I knew that it being blank meant that he was going to die, I would have tried to stop it." I quietly whispered. She looked up at me with tears in her eyes and the look of complete brokenness; that made me feel worse.

I didn't partially like Trever but looking at Rosemarie being completely broken was making me want to comfort her. When my mother died, I became some sort of mother to Phoebe. It's more of like a motherly instant. I guess because I didn't want to lose her, I became more of a mother to her then a sister.

I leaned forward and hugged her. She immediately excepted my hug, which took me by surprise. We sat on the floor like that while Elijah compelled Elena to tell him where the moonstone was. Rosemarie had calmed down but was still a mess. I cradled her head in my hands and she leaned her head against my chest.

Once Elijah was done he looked to where I was before and saw that I wasn't there. His eyes quickly scanned the room until he saw me consoling Rosemarie. I looked at him and shook my head. He nodded before his head snapped towards the doorway. Everyone's attention was brought to the sound of glass shattering the house. "What was that?" He asked.

I looked up at him answering for her. "She doesn't know. No one is supposed to be here." He nodded and looked back to Elena and grabbed her arm dragging her towards the sound. I helped Rosemarie off the floor, and she wiped her tears away. "The Salvatore's are here. When you get a chance, run. Stay near the house, I need to talk with you."

She nodded and we followed Elijah and Elena to the top of the double stairway leading to the first floor of this old mansion. Now thinking about it, if you fixed this place up, it would be a nice place to live.

Once we got there, another loud bang happened. Elena was quickly whooshed away, and Rosemarie took that as her chance to run. The next thing I knew I was also whooshed away.

Stefan grabbed Elena, and I was grabbed by Damon. I looked up at him and was about to say something when Elijah started his little speech. "Excuse me. To whom it may concern, you're making a great mistake if you think that you can beat me.... You can't." His iconic lines echoed throughout the abandoned house.

I turned my attention back to Damon as he rolls his eyes at Elijah's speech. He looked back down to me his eyebrow raised at the smirk on my face.

"You hear that?" Elijah continued. I watched as he walked towards the coat hanger and turns it into a stake. "I repeat, you cannot beat me. So, I want the girls on the count of three, or heads will roll. Do we understand each other?"

Elena ran out from her hiding spot to the top of the stairs getting his attention. "I'll come with you. Just please don't hurt my friends. They just wanted to help me out." Elijah slowly turns towards her. "What game are you playing with me?" He asked her slowly walking up the stairs.

She quickly pulled out a vervain grenade, but right before she pulls the pin I quickly speed out of Damon's grip on my shoulders, and in front of Elijah.

The grenade goes off and the splinters hit my arm and the back of my right shoulder. I yelled out in pain. It was more from the tiny pieces of shrapnel that scrapped my skin or were lodged into my body.

Elijah looked at me, wide eyed, and then his face turned into one of confusion. Not shortly after that happened Stefan came down the stairs shooting stakes at Elijah. Damon quickly speeds towards me, speeding me back upstairs and sitting me down on a chair. "I'll be right back. Don't even think of moving." He told me sternly.

I rolled my eyes at him, and he went to go and stake Elijah. Once he came back most of my wound had already healed and I had gotten the tiny pieces out. He helped me up and we walked into the room where I saw Elijah staked on the ground. Elena was hugging Stefan on the stairs while Damon looked on in jealousy.

I nudged him. "I know you love her, but she will always love Stefan." He looks at me pissed, but I continued before he could say anything. "I'm not going to lie to you Damon. If you continue to do this, she will break your heart. I don't want to see you like that." He looked back at me skeptically. "Since when do you care about anything I do. Aren't you supposed to be Elena's best friend?" He questioned.

I smiled; his question amused me. "Damon, you are the most obnoxious, little shit I've ever met." He glared at me offended. "But that is what I like about you. Which is why I'm going to tell you one last time. Get over Elena, she is not Kathrine, you deserve better than a doppelganger." He looked away mumbling, "Who's side are you on?"

"Yours." Before he could react to my comment, Elena walked down the stairs and started yelling. "Caroline! Why did you go in front of the grenade? Why are you protecting him!? He tried to kill me!" I rolled my eyes at her antics. She always had to say something.

"I wasn't protecting him, Elena. I was going to grab you, but when I saw the grenade in your hand it was already too late. Oh, and I'm fine by the way, thanks for asking. It's not like something blew up right in front of me."

She put her head down, completely ignoring what I had just said, before looking back to Stefan. "I really just want to go home and sleep." He looked at her with pity, while I stood there with my arms crossed. She held her left arm pathetically, and just like a baby kitten that just got attacked, she whimpered walking out the front door in his arms.

I turned to Damon shaking my head. "You really want to be with that?" He just looked away and glanced over my shoulder to Elijah, who was still staked on the floor.

"Are you really alright?" He asked me with a concerned expression. I shrugged. "I'm fine; really. I'm just glad someone asked me." He gave me a once over before turning around and walking towards the front door. When he noticed that I wasn't following him he turned around looking at me with suspicion. "You coming?"

I shook my head crossing my arms. "To sit in a car with that bitch? No way. I would rather jump in a well full of vervain." I quoted Stefan's mishap a few days ago with a grin on my face. He chuckled to himself before continuing to walk out of the building.

Once I couldn't hear the car's engine I called out, hoping she stayed. "Rosemarie!" She came speeding in. "I would like it if you didn't call me by my full name. I haven't heard it in centuries." She asked politely.

"Alright, I'll call you Rosa. Its Latin for Rose." She smiled, liking how it sounded. "Why did you want me to stay?" She questioned, still on edge. "Well, because of what happened with Trever I imagine that you are all alone now?" She nodded, confirming what I had assumed to be true.

"You're going to come and live with me." I announced with a smile taking her off guard. Her expression was priceless. It kept changing, first it was shock, then confusion, gratefulness, and the last one Sorrow. She was thinking about Trever.

"Oh, I couldn't intrude." I scoffed. "I'm friends with the human doppelganger, you saw how she acts. I think you'll be fine. And there is one thing you don't know." She grinned at how I described Elena. "What would that be?" She asked curiously. I tilt my head to the left and shrug. "I wasn't giving you an option." Her whole demeanor changed, and she was trying to suppress the growing smile on her face.

She glanced behind me at Elijah's body on the floor. "Do you have something to write with?" I ask having an idea in mind. She shook her head; I looked around the room when something shiny caught my eye. I walked by the stairs and kneeled down, picking up a brand-new pen.

It must have been Elijah's. I stood back up, grabbing a book off of the floor. Once I was done Rosa tried to look but I just walked over to Elijah's body and put it down next to him. She was about to ask what I had written but I changed the subject. "Let's go. I want to get you some new jewelry." I announced walking out the front door. She turned to me confused, trying to figure out what I had meant.

When she still couldn't figure it out, I just shook my head. "Come on; or you won't get to see my witch." I walked out of the house and down the steps. Not even seconds later she came out with a huge smile on her face. I guess she figured out what I meant by getting her 'new jewelry'.

After fifteen minutes of running, we see the sign that says, "Welcome to Mystic Falls." We stopped at the grill and got something to eat before heading to my house. We don't really need to eat, but I thought that it would help her forget about Trever. Food almost always helped.

Once we walked onto my porch, I turned to her with a smile. "I'll introduce you to my mother." I squinted my eyes in realization before mumbling, "That sounded like I was bringing a date home. Creepy." Rosa laughed as I open the front door.

Once I walk in the house, I turned around to see Rosa stuck by the invisible barrier. "Rosa, please come in." She cautiously took a step over the doorway and once she saw that she could officially come in she started looking around.

Liz walked out of the kitchen and was little on guard when she saw my new friend. I turn to her with a huge smile on my face. "Remember." I compelled her. It took a couple of seconds. "Who is this? A new friend?" She asks, while raising an eyebrow. "Yes, mom she is a vampire. Her name is Rose, but I call her Rosa." I introduced.

Rosa smiled and put out her hand to shake. "Well, it's nice to meet you Rose. Would you like to stay the night it's already late?" I giggle nervously. "I was actually wondering if she could stay for a few weeks?" Rosa looked down thinking that Liz would say no, but she just gave a motherly smile. "Stay as long as you like."

I walked up to her again, compelling her. "If anyone asks, Rosa is a cousin that is staying with us for a few days. You will forget that she is a vampire, all you will remember is that she came in late, and you were just getting ready for bed." Liz was in a daze, but she soon came out of it. "Well goodnight girls. I have to be into work early tomorrow, so you won't see me."

"Goodnight mom." She goes to bed, and I glance back to Rosa. "You compel your mother?" I shook my head before explaining. "She's not actually my mother remember." That's when her face drops remembering that I threatened her and Trever. "I'm making you live with me. Why would I hurt you?" She looks down, eyeing me skeptically.

"I just met you. I don't one hundred percent trust you yet." I turned around and started walking towards the living room. "If you did, I would think you were stupid. You know nothing about me. Now, what do you want to watch?" We spent the rest of the night watching things on tv. While a very suited original was just waking up, a tad bit pissed.

Abandoned house in the middle of nowhere:

Elijah woke up with a gasp, his eyes hard and irritation evident on his face. He pulled the coat hanger from his chest looking at it with a tilt of his head. Once he stood up, he looked around only to see that it was completely dark outside.

Two young vampires managed to kill him! No one has even come close to killing him in centuries. To say he was anger was an understatement. He was about to leave but saw his pen in a book on the ground right next to where he was laying.

Once he bent down to grab his pen, he noticed something was written in the book.

"Hello Elijah. I know you have many questions, and I will answer them in time, but I know you have to get your martin witches ready. Yes, I know about that too. As you will come to know everyone that you have met today lives in mystic falls. Until we meet again, Mr. Mikaelson."

-Caroline Forbes

He looked up confused, dropped the book, and sped out to the night towards Mystic Falls. He wasn't sure who this Caroline Forbes really was, or how she knew all of these things, but he was most definitely going to find out. There was one thing that he could figure out about her, that was bothering him. Why did she protect him against that grenade filled with vervain.

He could tell from the smell, and that some of the liquid landed on the right side of his face. She was someone that he had to be careful around. He needed to find her alternative motive. 

Word count: 6174

Updated: 12/23/2022

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

247K 7.8K 39
After being saved by his brother only for him to give up himself to the hybrid, Damon couldn't help blaming himself for his brother's despair. Wha...
12.6K 518 7
Ivanna Pierce had a pretty normal life. Though she was not a social butterfly and had only couple of friends, she was content with her life and lived...
2.3K 82 9
"You and me always forever We could stay alone together You and me always forever Say you'll stay never be separate" "You know you've got me in your...
667K 19.5K 33
Everly-Rose Thomas is an introvert, quiet and incredibly polite for her age. She has a pair of enchanting large blue eyes, and wavy light brown hair...