Jackine one-shots

By JackKellyscap

I know, I'm really late to the Newsies fandom... this is just a bunch of Jackrine one shots. More

Proposal
Baby Newsies
Help me, please
Pain
Hospital
Break up
Unsure
Baby Newsies 2
What do you think I am?
The Delancey's
Oversized hoodies and snow
Camping
Pulitzer? Plumber? Kelly?
When it rains, it pours
Slow dancing
Empty promises
I can't do this now
Haunted House
Till midnight
Masked faces and hidden lies
What are you doing
Single beds and lovely mornings
Accidents and Apologies
Can't sleep
Painted bellies and flowers
After the strike
Rag tag Kelly puppies
Your suitor's here
Rooftops and Fairylights
April Fools
Late Night Car Troubles
Fangirls
Birthday
Our mess
Disneyland
Three Little Words
Hide and seek
A run in with the Barrow gang
Cold

Christmas at the Lodging House

217 5 0
By JackKellyscap

"I don't understand how youse wrap presents." Jack said with a frustrated sigh, throwing his hands up in the air. He stared at the box and sighed, he was never going to get this wrapped.

"Ok let me help." Davey said, shuffling over to Jack and showing him how to wrap the presents. "See?"

Jack sighed and nodded, sticking his tongue out in concentration. "Better?"

"Better, but now you have to wrap the rest of them." Davey said, gesturing to the rest of the small pile.

"I hate Christmas."

"No youse don't." Race said, sitting back down on the bed. "Youse get presents." He exclaimed like it was the most logical thing in the world.

"And Santa visits!" Les shouted, making the boys laugh. "What?"

"What did youse all ask for?" Buttons asked, rolling over on his bed.

"Cigars!"

"Sketch pad."

"Tie!"

"A will to live!" Finch exclaimed, squealing when the boys all threw their caps at him.

"Way to ruin the mood." Crutchie said, still smiling brightly. He caught his cap as Finch threw it to him before looking around the room. "How many presents do youse all have left."

"Not many, wes couldn't really afford 'em." Jack said, laying on the floor and shutting his eyes.

"It don't matter, as long as we're together." Davey said, earning groans and Jack threw his tattered shoe at him. "What? Come on it's Christmas!"

The boys all laughed before going back to wrap their presents.

--------

Katherine looked up from her present wrapping as Jack walked into the room. "Honey, you have." She pointed to the piece of wrapping paper sticking out from under his hat.

Jack just laughed and pulled the paper out. "Youse ready ta go over ta the Lodging House?" He said, coming to sit next to her. He crossed his legs and rested his chin on her shoulder.

"Mhmm yeah." Katherine said, tilting her head to kiss him. She laughed as he pulled her into his lap, tilting her head back to deep the kiss.

"Actually wes gonna stay here for a bit." Jack whispered against her lips before kissing her again. He poured as Katherine pulled away. "What?"

"No, it's Christmas Eve and the boys are expecting us." Katherine said, climbing off his lap and starting to pack the presents in her bag. She smiled as Jack dropped down dramatically on the floor, "Come on sweetheart. You love Christmas."

"Only because youse is here with me." Jack said, sitting back up and staring at her. "Wes never had Christmas before wes met ya."

Katherine turned from where she was folding her clothes. "What? You never had Christmas?" She asked, coming round to sit next to him.

"Yeah, it wes knew bout it. But wes usually would have ta be sellin, so wes never got ta eat or presents." Jack said softly, his eyes filling with tears. He could still remember hearing other children shouting about their Christmas presents and he and the boys didn't even have food.

He used to spend his Christmas' starving, hearing the shouts of younger boys like Romeo and Buttons and Elmer when they didn't get any food. He remembered wanted presents, anything, but getting nothing.

"Oh darling." Katherine whispered, wiping his eyes. "I'm so sorry." She stared at him before pulling him into a tight hug.

Jack dug his head in her neck and held her tightly. Tears trickled down his cheeks as memories from his childhood flooded back.

Katherine pulled back and ran her hands through his hair. "So this is only your second real Christmas?" She asked, her fingers dancing across his cheek.

Jack nodded, shutting his eyes as she leaned forward to kiss his forehead. "Wes used to it. When youse came ta the house with presents, boy Ace, the boys couldn't stop talking bout it whilst wes was sellin."

Katherine smiled, "Well I'm glad to be the one to introduce you boys to Christmas." She said softly, wrapping her arms around his neck.

Jack smiled fondly at her, "Youse is amazin, ya know that?"

"I try." Katherine said with a smug grin, laughing as Jack have her shoulder a small shove.

"Way ta ruin the mood Ace." He groaned, leaning forward to kiss her. He deepened the kiss and leaned down, laying her on the floor.

Katherine ran a hand through his hair and laced their fingers together before pulling away. "We have to go darling."

Jack groaned and kept her trapped under him. "No."

"We don't wanna ruin the other boys Christmas." Katherine said, despite the fact she wanted very much to stay with him.

Jack sighed and sat up, pulling her up with him. He wrapped his arms around her waist and held her tightly before kissing her temple. "Promise wes can spend some of Christmas alone?"

"I promise sweetheart, now let's go."

————

"So Santa's going to come tonight?" Romeo asked, bouncing up and down on the couch. He dodged the pillow Jack threw at home and sat down.

"Yes. And yes gonna give you presents." Davey said, looking down at Les who had tried his best to stay awake.

"This is amazing!" Buttons said, eating his third candy cane of the night. "So are these." He said, brandishing the sweet around. He'd managed to suck it into a sharp point after Race had.

"En garde!" Race shouted, jumping up and trying to stab Buttons with his candy cane. The two boys began to run around the living room, attacking each other with their candy canes.

"Please be careful." Katherine said as she came to sit on the arm of the sofa next to Jack. She wrapped her arm around him as he rested his head on her side.

"Wes will." Race said, jumping over Elmer.

Jack laughed, looking over at the time. "Ok boys. Time for bed."

"Awww come on!!" Crutchie exclaimed. He wanted to stay up and see Santa. Despite being 18 he really was a child at heart.

Katherine stood up, motioning for the boys to get up as well. "You can see if Santa came tomorrow." She said, bending down and shaking a sleepy Les awake. "Time for bed sweetie." She whispered, helping him up.

The boys all groaned, earning a glare from Katherine and Davey. "Ok fine." Albert mumbled before walking upstairs.

Katherine made a move to follow them, turning when Jack didn't follow her. "Jack?"

"Can wes stay up and see Santa?" He asked, crossing his legs and pouting.

"Mhmm." She shook her head, "Santa won't come unless we're all asleep." She reached her hand out and wiggled her fingers. "Come on darling."

Jack sighed and grabbed her hand, pulling her down on his lap. "Can wes at least stay here till the boys go ta sleep?" He asked, burying his head in her hair and wrapping his arms around her waist.

Katherine smiled and snuggled closer to him, kissing his neck gently. "We can put the presents under the tree."

"But won't Santa think that's wes already got presents?"

"No honey. That's what the stockings are for." She said, pointing to the stockings hanging over their fireplace. She laughed as his eyes lit up like lights.

"So wes get double presents?" He asked, starting to shake from excitement. He really was like a puppy.

"You really didn't have a Christmas did you Jack?" She asked, nuzzling into his chest.

Jack shook his head and rested his atop hers. He felt her curl up against him and soon she fell asleep. He knew he should probably take her upstairs so they could sleep but he didn't want to move, he was comfy with her in his arms.

Eventually he decided he probably she take her upstairs, his back was beginning to hurt. He picked her up, careful not to wake her, and began to walk upstairs.

He set her down in his bed before climbing in next to her. "Night boys." He whispered, earning a few waves from the boys that were still half awake.

Katherine mumbled and shuffled closer to him in her sleep. She moved her head, seemingly searching for the warmest and comfiest place to sleep.

Jack smiled warmly, draping an arm over her waist and pressing a kiss to her temple. "Night Ace." He whispered, "I love you."

————

"Ace! Come on!" Jack exclaimed, pulling her into a sitting position.

"Huh? What?" Katherine mumbled, slightly disoriented at the change in position and the hubbub coming from the boys.

"It's Christmas!" Crutchie shouted as he climbed out of his bed. He made his way to the door, jumping happily.

"Can wes see if Santa came?" Les exclaimed, running around in circles. He squealed as Davey grabbed his, forcing him to stand still. "Please?"

"Wait for everyone to wake up first." Davey said, rubbing his eyes tiredly. He loved the boys but holidays with them were always a pain.

"Kathy, youse awake?" Race asked, looking at the sleepy brunette.

"Yeah, you boys go down. I'll meet you in a minute." She said, yawning and stretching. She looked over at Jack and rubbed her eyes, looking like a small child.

Jack smiled at his adorable girlfriend and kissing her forehead. "Come on, the boys are waitin." He said, pulling her out of the bed.

"Carry me." She whispered, holding her arms out. She wrapped her arms around his neck, linking her fingers together at the back of his neck. She pressed her forehead against his and smiled warmly at him.

"Merry Christmas Ace." Jack said, spinning around before kissing her.

"Mhmm, merry Christmas Jack." Katherine mumbled against his lips, swinging her legs in the air.

"Lovebirds! Come on! Les is gettin inpatient!" Albert shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

Jack laughed and looked at Katherine. "Youse wanna walk? Cos wes'll never hear the end of it." He said, setting her down gently.

Katherine pouted but nodded, kissing him again. "Ok let's go." She reached down and grabbed his hand, dragging him down the stairs.

————

"Kathy, these are amazing!" Jack exclaimed, examining the new set of coloured pencils and paints. He set them down and pulled Katherine into his arms, kissing her temple gently.

She blushed and leaned closer to him. "Glad you like them." She said, running her fingers up and down his hand. "Boys you like your presents?" She asked, looking over at the boys.

They all nodded, smiling widely at their presents. "Where did ya get these?" Race asked, twirling one of the cigars between his fingers. "They'd look expensive."

"May or may not have stolen them." Katherine said with a grin, earning hollers and cheers from the boys.

"Jackie's really influenced you huh?" Davey said with a grin, raising an eyebrow at Katherine.

"Stole em from where?"

"My fathers office."

Race stared at her before looking lovingly at the cigars. "I love em Kath!"

"I'm so glad, thought I was going to get caught." She grinned, laughing when Jack bumped her shoulder with his.

Jack wrapped an arm around her shoulders and kissed her temple again. "Well, wes glad ya didn't." He said with a grin, still looking over at the boys.

"Ah yes, only because I give you boys presents." She smirked, laughing as Finch flung an ornament from the Christmas tree at her. She caught it before throwing it back at him.

Soon a massive wrapping paper fight erupted, with the boys shouting and screamed as Katherine and Davey tried to move the presents out of the way so they wouldn't get trod on. They ended up hiding under the dining table, legs crossed and playing a game of tic-tac-toe.

"Think they'll ever figure out we're under here?" Davey asked, uncrossing his legs and leaning back on his hands.

"Well, judging by the ruckus, they're still fighting." She said with a laugh, looking to her left as Crutchie appeared under the table. "Tired already?"

"Jack hit me in the head with an ornament." He said, shuffling under the table with them. He left his crutch sticking out the table and they all grinned when they heard a thud.

"Oww." Jack said, rubbing his head and shuffling under the table with them.

"Did you trip on Crutchie's crutch?" Katherine asked, rubbing his red forehead. She smiled softly as he nodded, "Poor baby." She whispered, kissing his forehead and letting him rest his head in her lap.

"So why wes hidin under here?" Jack asked, smiling softly as she ran her hands through his hair.

"To avoid the fight." Davey said, wincing as someone landed on top of the table. "Ok let's go before death." He said, crawling out from under the table.

Jack watched as Crutchie left, leaving both him and Katherine alone under the table. "This our alone time." He whispered, sitting up and looking at her.

Katherine blushed and kissed him, ducking her head down as someone else landed on the table. "Ok, risk of death." She said, grabbing his hand and pulling him out from under the table just as the legs gave out.

"Seriously?!" Davey exclaimed, looking at the mess of wood on the floor. He placed his hands on his hips and stared at the boys, all of whom looked guilty.

"They did it!" The boys shouted, all pointing towards each other.

Katherine laughed as Jack wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. She wrapped her arms around his, leaning her head back to look at him. "Chaos."

"Chaos." Jack laughed, resting his chin on her shoulder. He looked around at the boys, who had flopped down on the couch and were having an amiable conversation for once.

Katherine tilted her head, kissing him softly. "I love you." She whispered, turning in his arms and wrapping her arms around his neck. She rose up on her toes, kissing him gently.

"I love you too Ace." Jack whispered against her lips, tilting her head back and deepening the kiss.

"Oi! Take it someplace else!" Albert shouted, throwing a pillow at the couple.

Katherine rested her forehead against Jack's, "Five seconds before chaos." She whispered, turning her head to look at the boys, who had all armed themselves with pillows and wrapping paper balls.

Jack grinned and pulled her into the kitchen, away from the chaos. He pushed her back against the kitchen cabinet and kissed her. "Merry Christmas Ace."

"Merry Christmas Jack."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.7K 412 29
woso one shots! ๐Ÿซถ๐Ÿป
4K 268 23
๐“ด๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฎ๐”€ ๐“ž๐“ท๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ผ
141K 2.6K 38
Haha get it? It's like My Girl but with their accent bahaha... I'm sorry I'll stop (Newsies x reader)
38.4K 589 42
Hi okay hello. These are just some one shots from Newsies. If you have any ship requests or plot ideas feel free to message me or comment id be ha...