Dubious Encounter | Kim Namjo...

Galing kay _thekimskimchi_

[ a short story | all of the chapters are first draft, thus UNEDITED. I'll probably never edit this... Cuz I... Higit pa

author's note; casts
one
two
three

four

47 11 37
Galing kay _thekimskimchi_

A/N : whenever I type Changkyun, my keyboard always suggests 'change'...

This last chapter is 2000 ++ words ✌
I dont know why I feel proud lol...

----------

I woke up to the sound of talking. It wasn't loud but clear enough to make me conscious. Still, I was not okay. The atmosphere was still suffocating me and it scared me.

I realized I was under someone's arm or that's what I felt. As my heavy feeling head rested on someone's upper arm, I forced my eyes to open a little to see who was the owner of the arm. At the same time, I felt a soft caressed on top of my right hand. The caress was the same feeling of when someone cared about you.

Finally, I recognized the face who let me rested on his arm. It's Im Changkyun.

I slowly closed my eyes to avoid his hair from poking them when he carefully placed his cheek on my forehead.

"She's still burning up," Changkyun told.

"Hanmi." This shaky, cracked voice belonged to Yeri. "I should have known." She was sitting at the passenger's front seat.

I wished I could tell her that it's okay. It was my fault for being stubborn.

"Have you informed your father, Changkyun?" I heard Sir Michael spoke.

"I have. They are on standby now," Changkyun told.

I heard Yeri sniffling after that. Not once, but more than twice. At that time, I knew she was crying. I wanted to speak. I wanted to tell her to not cry or feel bad about me. It's my fault for being stubborn. It's my own fault for not putting myself in the first place. But at the same time, I wanted her to be happy. Her parents had been controlling her life and it suffocated her. I wished I could be one of the people who could lessen the suffering.

But I got no energy to speak. Not when my head still felt heavy and I didn't feel like responding or getting up.

From the way I felt the muscle under my head moved, I knew Changkyun turned his head either to stare outside or looking at me. I only knew that he was staring at me when he rested his cheek on my forehead again. Another soft caress but longer played on top of my hand again.

It felt like a lullaby.

I ended up shutting my eyes again and rested comfortably on the rest of the emergency journey.

**********

I had been feeling something cold had been playing or even circulating in my left hand. I could feel a thick, long and heavy cloth covered me from my shoulders to the end of my feet.

Later, I heard rustling noise. I didn't know where it came from. As I felt a little lighter, I forced myself to wake up. My eyes slowly opened and rays from the sunlight outside hit my sight. At least, the blinds at the window blocked the lights from blinding my eyes at some area.

I moved my head on both sides to look for the direction of the noise. Later, I noticed a presence in front of me, taking out something from plastics on the adjustable table.

Although I felt lighter than before, my head was still spinning. I didn't want to force myself from getting up yet. Instead, I pressed my eyes to adjust my blurry view to see who was at the table.

My voice came out croaky as I called, "Changkyun."

Changkyun looked at me as I turned my head to the right due to the sudden spinning sensation I felt in head. I felt like I wanted to break my skull already.

I heard a rushing footsteps coming to my side. "Do you need anything?"

"No," I told. "What are you doing here?" I squinted my eyes to make a glance at him.

"I'm here to look after you."

There were so many questions that played in my mind. Nevertheless, I didn't want to argue, so I let his statement go.

My mind was blank. I didn't want to think of anything or pressed myself to think of something. I knew it would worsen my condition. I tried to relax and continued to sleep some more.

The sound of a chair being dragged didn't bother me despite how sensitive I could be whenever I was falling asleep. I knew it was Changkyun, I wondered why he chose to stay when he could leave and the fact that he was only someone I knew from college.

I didn't know how long I slept but it felt like it was short because of my dry throat. I woke up again. Then, I noticed Changkyun was still sitting beside me, sleeping with his arms crossed and head down.

"Changkyun."

The man jumped a little when he heard his name. He looked at me with a questioning look on his face.

"I need water," I told.

He immediately got up and grabbed a plastic cup from the table while I closed my eyes. I heard the sound of water pouring for a moment and then it stopped and it was replaced by the sound of a bottle cap turned around on a bottle. Later, I felt a soft tap on my shoulder which led my weak eyes shot a look at the cup in Changkyun's hand.

"Can you get up?" He asked. I could lift my body but not my head. I tried but I got dizzy and felt the room was spinning again. I hissed and whimpered. Upon seeing my condition, I heard Changkyun softly said, "hey, it's okay."

I felt the bed sunk on the other side and later, I felt an arm slowly snaked at the back of my neck. It then hooked behind. He helped me to sit up with care, his shoulder was raised up to support my head. The cup was then brought to my lips as I gulped the liquid. I released a relief sigh as it quenched my thirst.

Then, I noticed plastics on the table in front. "What are those?" I asked.

"Food for you." He lightly smiled. "Do you want to eat?"

My stomach growling at the right time. I remembered I didn't eat anything during the reunion, just consuming water, water and water. My stomach growled for the second time but louder, begging to be filled.

Changkyun chuckled at me. "I'll heat them up for you," he said. He then carefully laid me down on the bed. After that, he pressed a button (that I just noticed) beside me and the bed's upper part slowly raising up. He then questioned, "is this okay?"

I gave a slow nod. He then smiled at me and went to the other side of the ward to heat up the food.

That was when I realized I was not in an ordinary ward. The ward had all the needs. The area where Changkyun stood looked wider than I expected. There was a round coffee table and two armchairs that were positioned diagonally to each other.

As a ordinary citizen, I didn't think I deserved this luxuriant.

Just a few minutes, Changkyun came came with two bowls of different sizes and a cup of water on a tray. "I bought you chicken porridge and vegetable soup. I know you like vegetable soup."

I wondered how did he know that.

His kindness never change. I could not ever understand him for his kindness to me.

After dragging the adjustable table near for him to place the tray, he sat beside me on the bed. At that moment, I thought of Namjoon. I was scared that he would see Changkyun and I were alone in the ward. This could lead to a misunderstanding and I didn't want it to happen.

Despite the weakness that still took over my body, I forced to scoot a little further from him with a wince on my face as I told, "I can feed myself."

"You're still weak."

"I can."

"You're not well yet."

Still, I demanded, "I said, I can. I can move on my own now."

Changkyun let out a deep sigh. "Let me feed you," he said. "Please. Until you're well or until someone comes at least."

"I am here since yesterday. Why no one comes yet?"

"Actually, your family is on their –"

His words were interrupted by someone who barged into the ward. Namjoon was seen standing under the door frame with worried look, his breathing was heavy. Looked like he ran to reach here. He had spectacles on his face that seemingly had slid a little far away from his eyes. He pushed his glasses as he stood straight.

I didn't want the mood to get tension. So I told Changkyun, "my boyfriend is here."

"Oh!" I could sense that he was trying to stay calm. He put down the porridge bowl on the table as he stood up. He then bowed at Namjoon with a tight smile and my boyfriend bowed at him back.

Changkyun turned to me next. "Get well soon," he said with a smile that made my heart in pain but fluttering at the same time.

He looked sad and lonely when he left me. I saw him nodded lightly once at Namjoon. Namjoon lightly smiled at him as he gave him the space to slide in the door.

The door was then shut as Namjoon approached.

He asked me softly, "baby, how are you?" His hand was on face, caressing my cheek.

"I'm," I paused. "My head is still dizzy but I'm better and hungry."

Namjoon beamed sadly before chuckling as he pulled his hand away from my cheek. "You have porridge here. Let me feed you."

He took the bowl and sat beside me. He scooped a spoonful of porridge before feeding me.

My mouth might be taking the food that Namjoon fed me but my mind was thinking of Changkyun.

There was something about Changkyun earlier that I could not forget.

**********

Yeri came with my family two hours after Namjoon left. They stayed at the ward to look after me for a few hours. When the sky darkened, I told them to go home and convinced them that I could take care of myself. It just an excuse to hide my relationship with Namjoon since he would be coming back later.

Yeri understood me. She went along with the act, telling my family that she was going to stay with me until I dozed off.

"I don't know if you realise, Changkyun..." Yeri halted. She was peeling second red apple for both us at that moment. An apple she got from a basket that Namjoon brought with him before. Jungkook was the one who brought it to the ward.

I didn't bother to force her to continue. Instead, I stole a piece. I couldn't wait her anymore.

Once the apple in her hand was clear from its skin, she sliced them into half. I had been watching just to tell her to let the last apple to be half. She was slicing the first apple into six pieces as slow as a snail. She was good at slicing but she's scared of knives.

"Girl, continue."

"What did I say?"

I swallowed the apple in mouth after chewing. "Changkyun."

"Ah!" Yeri snapped her finger. She placed the knife and the second small plate on the other table and brought the plate with apples in her hand. She could have just placed it beside me but she chose to hold it as she didn't want to dirty the bed.

I didn't want to argue her.

"Changkyun. Our college's clerk. He's getting more handsome." She bobbed her head up and down as she swallowed the content in her mouth. She continued, "he likes you."

"What?!"

Yeri almost choked on her apple due to my shriek. I bet the apple she chewed almost came out since she covered her mouth.

I didn't like how my life started to direct. "Yeri-yah..." My best friend looked at me as if I just did something wrong. I tried to bear the stuttering that was threatened to express, but failed. My voice trembled instead. "You're kidding, right?"

"Huh! Why would I?"

Knowing her since high school until present, she sure had changed a lot and taking almost everything seriously. I stopped doubting her words then.

With mouth full, she said, "you have Namjoon but Changkyun has been waiting for you. You're done, Hanmi-yah."

I gave no comment.

– END –

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

963K 22K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
197K 19.2K 24
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
222K 4.6K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...