The Proposed Deal

By remixthestory

/BOOK 1 - PROPOSAL SERIES/ ••• "Your body language says you're enjoying yourself" Leo chuckled still glancing... More

◍ Prologue
◍ I. Coffee
◍ II. Familia
◍ III. Spesh
◍ IV. Girls
◍ V. Best Bud
◍ VII. Los Cielos
◍ VIII. Deal
◍ IX. Morning
◍ X. Eye roll
◍ XI. Stunts
◍ XII. Men
◍ XIII. Risk
◍ XIV. Drive
◍ XV. Colors
◍ XVI. Volley Ball
◍ XVII. Elisa
◍ XVIII. Plans
◍ XIX. Dress
◍ XX. Idol
◍ XXI. Alcohol
◍ XXII. Host
◍ XXIII. Gaze
◍ XXIV. Shopping
◍ XXV. Burst
◍ XXVI. Metanoia
◍ XXVII. Football
◍ XXVIII. Kiss
◍ XXIX. Bracelet
◍ XXX. Fire
◍ XXXI. Waves
◍ XXXII. Broken
◍ XXXIII. Worth
◍ XXXIV. One
◍ XXXV. Punch
◍ XXXVI. Love
◍ XXXVII. Carnations
◍ XXXVIII. Mess
◍ XXXIX. Gala
◍ XL. Cariño
◍ XLI. Panic
◍ XLII. Time
◍ XLIII. Thunder
◍ XLIII. Wedding
◍ XLIV. Moon
◍ XLV. Epilogue
Book II
Book III

◍ VI. Shower

1K 78 0
By remixthestory

//Miami International Airport

Boarding the plane when you are a business-class passenger is always easy or it is made easy for you by the Airport personnel but what if you don't receive the same treatment for alight?

Leonardo Clemente, the businessman of the year by Forbes was glaring at his assistant Cruz for the hundredth time in the last 20 minutes they spend collecting their luggage which got displaced, the apologetic looks the airport officials passed were nothing to help.

"Senor Clemente" Cruz called for his attention which he received that very instant "You...you can take a seat in the waiting lounge? I'll get this solved..." Eyes burning his soul "...at the earliest possible, sir."

"Aren't you doing it for the last 20 minutes Cruz?" He glared at him and the guy quivered from the intensity "I need this to be done in the next 5 minutes or else..." Leo gestured to the airport official who looked frightened, swiftly running to get everything clear he ran to check and Cruz pressed his lips in a thin line.

Leo pinched his nose bridge and took a deep breath. "I need a coffee Cruz; I'll be back in a moment or two." Cruz started speaking but Leo gestured to him "I'll grab a cup; I need this solved." He gestured his finger and Cruz nodded immediately.

"Words Cruz" Leo commanded and Cruz shook his head embarrassingly to which Leo deadpanned "Y...Yes Senór Clemente"

"Better," Leo muttered and walked towards the coffee shop, crossing the people who were either passing their time in the shop or were seriously in need of caffeine. The evening sun was calm and soft to the eyes, but the breeze of cold touching and awakening the goosebumps, letting the body welcome the chill shivers.

Surfing through the menu on the headboard Leo picked his preference and placed it with the brunette cashier who gave him the saccharine smile showing off her dimples. Leo passed her his all-time favorite expressionless face, the same he used for all his business associates.

The smile dropped from her face as she billed him up, placing the bills Leo waited for not more than 30 seconds when she handed him the cup of coffee.

Passing a nod, he turned from the counter, walking towards the exit when he observed the half-closed lid of the cup, concentrating on fixing the cup lid he walked straight to a body, making the coffee spill on a hand and beige jacket, which did not remain beige anymore.

He cursed closing his eyes as he heard a yelp of pain, he looked up to the lady who was shooting glares at him, her blue eyes looking him straight, her hand which shook because of a burning sensation, courtesy of hot coffee and her beige jacket now supporting a coffee stain, a big stain.

"Can't you see and walk?" Leo grimaced listening to the hissed voice. The lady looked ready to kill.

Leo turned and rushed to the counter, making the cashier look up in surprise. "Excuse me can you get me some ice?"

The girl quickly passed him ice cubes and he turned for the lady who was wincing. "Here," he passed her the bag "Place this quick."

Doing the same, she closed her eyes and pressed her lips to avoid any yelps, making sure it was cooled she nodded at him who heaved inwardly a sigh of relief.

"You could have avoided this by actually looking on your way. I did not need a coffee shower the moment I step into Miami," she said and he looked at her back.

"You could have done the same? Watch where you were walking." He reasoned and she narrowed her eyes.

"You should be saying sorry to me? But look at you." She gestured to him with her other hand with a mocking smile. "Ulta chor kotwal ko daate." She muttered in her breath and he cocked a brow inquisitively.

"Look all you want; I did mend it by aiding you." he pointed to the ice cubes and she glared at him.

"You didn't do a favor, mister, it was you" She pointed her finger at him "who spilled burning coffee on my hand, you could have burned it bad if I did not have good reflexes. God forbid if that coffee had ruined my whole week here."

"If you're fishing for an apology..." He took a step closer to her and she frowned "You're getting none"

"You won't even apologize? You are a..."

Leo cut her in middle "I know what I'm. I don't want you to repeat it for me."

She gaped; her eyes wide open "You really won't say sorry?" She asked and Leo stared at her for a second, fishing out his vibrating phone, and he answered it.

"I'm coming." He muttered into the call. Glancing at the cashier who placed another cup for him, he turned to look at the lady whose eyes stared at him as he walked out of the café.

Leo sipped his coffee which calmed him, walking towards the VIP exit he glanced around this side of the airport which held some book stores, showcasing recent books, newspapers, and magazines.

His eyes caught a magazine rack, the cover photo froze him to his spot as the headline made sense to his brain. Are the top models finding a way back together? A smiling Ramona and Sean Morris look from the picture straight to him. The picture was taken from a recent photoshoot, Ramona in his arms and her hands on his neck.

Leo clenched his jaw hard, tearing his eyes away from the magazine cover as he took the steps in front. "You'll beg me for forgiveness Mona, You surely will."

~~

Aishwarya shoots daggers at the fading figure of the man who blessed her hand with hot coffee and stained her jacket.

"Veda. Dusht!" she muttered disapprovingly looking at his retiring figure, cladded in a light blue button-down shirt and khaki trousers.

"Aish?" She turned towards the distant voice, seeing Sakshi waving at her, gesturing towards the group walking to Exit. Aish nodded at her and turned to pick up her jacket back from the table, softly patting her hand with tissues. She soon joined Sakshi who stood near her luggage.

"What happened to your hand?" she frowned looking down at her hand which was red but less painful.

"Something which I would like to erase from the past half hour."
Sakshi looked confused, she blinked.

"What?" She asked and Aishwarya shrugged with a 'nothing'.

"Boss the cars are here," Karan said through the phone.

Sakshi muttered, "Coming".

Walking towards the exit, they settled in the hired SUVs, and the car revved, ready to maneuver their way in the streets of Miami. The sun moved near the ocean with every passing second, the sky turning into an orangeish glow yet the sunlight enveloped the crowded streets of Miami. The tall sky-scrappers and Fancy boutique shops swarm the people in and out. The tourists walk down the streets with loads of bags in their hands and happy smiles on their faces.

Aishwarya smiled at the young kid who waved to her from the pavement, the cute blond hair boy giving her the toothy grin, her smile widened as the balloons he held, left his hands and he pouted but then waved a bye to the flying balloons.

She chuckled as the car crossed the signal lights, taking a turn towards their beach resort.

Los Cielo's, The beach resort spread in the wide area of downtown Miami was one of a kind, The Spanish name which said: "The Heavens" suited this place, from the high two-floor lobby to the modern interiors and highly trained staff with whom Karan was conversing when Aishwarya walked in admiring the huge mural art on the lobby wall.

"Aish how much time this check-in will take?" Rashi the bride asked. It was her bachelorette which was supposed to happen here, all arrangements to be taken care of by Spesh.

"Just a few more minutes," Aish said glancing at Karan who was showing some paper to the receptionist.

"Okay, Just I'm starving and so are my friends." She gestured to the group of girls sprawled on the lobby couches.

"Oh! Why not you people get something to eat? Just a minute." Aish turned to look at Sakshi who was busily staring at her phone, ignoring a talking Ayaan.

"Sakshi, Ayaan" she called them both and they moved towards them. "Why not you both take the whole group to the restaurant here? Till then Karan and Me will complete the check-in formalities." She looked at Karan who seemed to be in a heated discussion.

"I can help Karan and you can join them Aish, I'll try to fast forward the paperwork?" Sakshi also looked at Karan who was sweating profusely in the centrally air-conditioned lobby, still speaking to the receptionist.

"No" Aish gave her a meaningful look. "I'll manage everything, You both take the girls, and yes, mind you two, Behave."

Sakshi nodded understandingly and scoffed at the last part, giving a look to Ayaan who seemed to get a whiff of the situation surrendering his hands in a mock gesture. Ayaan gave Aish a reassuring smile.
"Come on ladies, let's fill our hungry babies" He winked towards Rashi who chuckled and followed him towards the restaurant in the resort, followed by the girls walking behind them. Sakshi trailing behind them turned back to look at Aish who was already making her presence known to Karan and the receptionist.

"Excuse Me" Aish politely asked to which the duo turned to look at her. "Karan, what's happening?"

Karan took a nervous gulp and stared back at the receptionist who had her tight-lipped smile intact. "Boss, there is a situation we are facing," he said

Aishwarya frowned "What do you mean? And Why is it taking so much time for the process?"

"They are.... here I mean..." Karan stammered looking at the paper down.

"We apologize on behalf of our team Mam, but our resort is pre-booked for the business conference this week, It's an error of double booking."

"What?" Aish whispered and yelled "What do you mean by this? We got the email for a confirmation from your side and you say that it's an error. You did not say that when I and my guests are already here." Aish was losing her cool.

"Mam, please be calm" The receptionist requested as she looked at her fellow staff members for help.

"You're asking me to be calm? Do you understand the situation here? We have arrived here and now you are saying that it's an error of double booking? What will you do now that we are here? Do you have any solution to this error you seem to be talking about?"

"I admit that the e-mail you received is authentic but we did send you another e-mail stating this error, we canceled your booking and your refund is also in process." Receptionist whose nameplate said Hailey meekly said.

"You kidding me? An email? If you contact us by e-mail why did we not receive it yet, not even when we have been back in India? We could have made certain arrangements if we were informed prior but now we are here and you are giving this good for nothing sorry?  Call your manager now, I would like him to answer this." Aish slammed her left hand on the table and Hailey flinched.

"It isn't possible mam; The manager is busy at the moment." Hailey reasoned and Aish scowled in Anger.

"Do you think I'm free to be lurking here with no solution in hand?" She raised her voice and grabbed the attention of passersby. The guests looked up to see the receptionist giving apologetic smiles trying to calm down the lady who was acting like an angry tigress.

"Please lower your voice, mam" A male staff came to Hailey's rescue who looked ready to pass out, his silver nameplate shined under the light. Arthur is his name.

"Look" Aish looked at the man in the eyes "I would like to speak to your manager right this moment, or I sue this resort for this error you people made at this very instant."

"Sue us?" The new voice grabbed Aish's attention who turned to look at the owner of the voice and clenched her jaw. Can this day be any better?

Finally!! Leo and Aish meet. :D

I love Aish's Blue eyes 👀
What do you people think?

Keep voting and Commenting ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.4K 1K 41
𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚 I'd sworn off of love and men after the fiasco that was my last relationship. Until I spent one steamy and passionate night with a dark...
719K 32.5K 53
[Edited • Completed • Revised] When twenty four years old software engineer, Shree Jaisingh is proposed to marry an equally talented, young and fortu...
266K 1.4K 7
This is a raw, unedited version of the story. he fully edited, better version of this book is now available on Kindle. https://www.amazon.com/Shriya...
793K 26.9K 73
#1 in Wedding Planner (28th August 2020) #1 in We Need Diverse Books (24th August 2019) #1 in Indian Girl (23rd December 2018) Meghana Anand - popul...