Chasing The Keeper

By thyroids

This is an overall very light hearted fanfic with an enemies to lovers plot. VERY MUCH SLOWBURN!!! Enjoy your... More

Prologue
Introduction
Quidditch
Practice
Oh No
Fucking Flint
A Sour Date
Christmas
The Slimy Slytherin
Deathbed
End of the Year
Tall, Dark, and Handsome
A Correspondence
First Day of Sixth Year
Lockhart
Amortentia
Winner Takes The Date
Lori's Big Idea
Hogsmeade Date
Rumours and Planning
Duelling Club
I❤️Vinny
Gift Exchange
Anything From The Trolley Dears?
Harsh Practice and Panic
Slytherin Defeat
Lovepotion Frenzy
Valentine's Day
Cancelled Match
Happy Ending to a Disastrous Year
Intern Assistant
Cold Ride
A Beater With Elegance
Drunk Confessions
Halloween
Dementors
Adrenaline Pumping
Ends and New Beginnings
A Very Merry Christmas Morning
Preparations
Slytherin and Our Narrow Escape
The Quidditch Final
Nose in The Books
Too Many Snapes
Coming To A Close
Epilogue

Mistletoe

1.3K 41 24
By thyroids

Christmas morning crept carefully through the door of my home, and I was awoken by sunlight streaming through my window. Thick snow covered the ground outside, and it was nearly blinding to look at. I felt the chilly air on my skin and lazily yawned, bathing in the heat radiating off my blanket.

My owl was perched on her stand, her eyes closed peacefully. I slowly got out of bed, shivers coursing up my back as my feet hit the cold hardwood floors.I slowly got dressed, enjoying the morning quiet. It began to snow outside again, and I could see little kids dragging their sleds across the snowed over pavement.I tiptoed downstairs, Incas was my mom was asleep, which she wasn't. She was already up and hovering around the kitchen, obviously preparing for guests.

"Good morning dear!" She clapped her hands together, "Happy Christmas!"

"Happy Christmas mum." I smiled.

"You ought to help me with some of the cooking, seeing as we need to impress your boyfriend." She cooed, pushing some buttons on the oven.

We got everything ready and by three pm the first knock at our door was heard. I sauntered out of the kitchen and opened the door. Vincent stood in the doorway, holding a large bag.

"What have you got there?" I asked, poking at it.

"A present for you of course." He chuckled, stepping inside.

"You didn't have to." I blushed furiously, taking the bag from him and peering inside.

There was an expensive-looking black fur coat with a matching fur hat.

"Vinny, you spent an awful lot on this-" I stammered, but Vincent pulled me into a hug before I could finish my sentence.

"Nonsense," he planted a kiss on the top of my forehead. "There is nothing too expensive for you."

"Oh Vincent!" My mom waddled out of the kitchen, her bright pink apron still on. "Happy Christmas!"

"Happy Christmas Mrs. Stone," Vincent stretched out his hand, but my mom walked right past it and pulled him into a warm embrace.

"It's such a pleasure having you here!" She said cheerily.

"It's a pleasure being here." Vincent grinned, wrapping his arm around me. "Thank you for inviting me."

"Make yourself at home." My mom nodded gleefully.

I walked Vincent into the Kitchen, chatting absentmindedly with him about nothing that mattered. I felt perfectly content.

"Hey darling," Vincent suddenly interrupted something I was saying.

"Hm?" I looked over at him questioningly.

"As much as I love this chat, I need to go to the bloody bathroom right now, or I'm going to burst." He grinned, and I chuckled.

"Down the hall." I pointed at the bathroom door.

"Thanks, love," Vincent said, placing a quick kiss on my lips before hurrying away.

Just as the bathroom door closed, another knock came at the door. This time my mom was the one to answer, and I could hear cheerful voices echoing from the foyer.

"Oh, she's in the kitchen." I heard my mom's muffled voice say.

Only moments later Oliver Wood stepped through the kitchen door. For a moment it was as if time slowed, and I felt that warm familiar feeling. Snowflakes that haven't yet melted peppered his hair and clothes, and I could see a few still resting on his long dark eyelashes. His lips and cheeks were rosy from the cold, standing out against his pale skin. He wore his signature smirk, and although I was accustomed to hating it with every fibre of my being, I couldn't help but be drawn to it at the moment. It's almost as something about his demeanour changed, making him seem almost different.

"Hello, stranger." He smiled warmly, snapping out of my thoughts.

"Hello, Woody." I snickered, feeling my fingers fidget with the broomstick ring that sat snugly on my finger.

"Miss me?" He asked playfully.

"In your dreams." I retorted and felt myself laugh.

Oliver too chuckled softly, shaking the snow off his hair with his hand. "Right, in my dreams"

We stood in comfortable silence for a few moments before he spoke up again.

"Aye Stone," he rubbed the back of his neck thoughtfully. "Remember last Christmas?"

"Hard to forget being kidnapped by a cave troll with your own mother as an accomplice." I huffed, crossing my arms.

"You must think cave trolls are really handsome then." Oliver flashed a cheeky grin.

I rolled my eyes, unable to keep a smile off my face.

"That was fun right?" He asked, his eyes warm as he spoke, something ginger about the way his voice sounded.

"Yeah," I nodded, "It was really fun."

Oliver thought for a moment, and it looked almost as though he was growing nervous by the second.

"I thought so too." He smiled again, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his jeans. "Either way, I was thinking-"

Suddenly the bathroom door opened, and Vincent walked out and into the kitchen, wrapping both of his arms around my waist from behind. He placed a quick kiss on my cheek, and I could see Oliver clench his jaw.

"Vincent this is Oliver, Oliver this is Vincent," I said, looking back and forth between them. "Although you should already know each other from last summer."

"Oh, you're that bloke that was the other assistant intern!" Vincent exclaimed good-naturedly, extending his hand for a handshake, which Oliver took solemnly. "Sorry mate, I didn't recognize you at first."

Oliver didn't look too happy, as he was wearing what looked more like a grimace than a grin. "What are you doing here anyway?"

"I'm her boyfriend." Vincent grinned ear to ear, and I smiled a little at those words as well. "I could ask you the same thing."

"He's the son of my parent's friends," I said. "Mum invites them every Christmas."

"Gotcha." Vincent smiled, brushing his hair back. "Well, Merry Christmas Oliver."

"Right back at you," Oliver said, and for a moment I could've sworn I saw him scowl.

~~~~

Christmas dinner was fairly uneventful. My mom kept switching between gossiping with Oliver's mom and asking Vincent questions. It was pretty funny to watch her balancing two conversations at once, and a few times I thought she would split apart into two separate entities.

Vincent tried to make occasional small talk with Oliver, who seemed largely unreceptive to the majority of it, only showing slight interest when Vincent brought up quidditch.

When dinner ended, it was already eleven pm. Vincent took a quick glance at his pocket watch and got up.

"Excuse me, but I need to leave because I still have quidditch practice tomorrow morning." He smiled at my mom. "Not to mention I don't want to overstay my welcome."

"Oh nonsense dear, you're always welcome here." My mom gushed.

"Can you walk me to the door?" Vincent whispered into my ear, sending shivers down my spine. "I want to say goodbye."

"I'll escort Vincent outside," I said, excusing myself from the table and following Vincent to the door.

He towered over me, his lips parted ever so slightly, and even in the dimly lit foyer, illuminated only by the light from the dining room and the street lights outside, I could see Vincent's eyes sparkle.

"I'm sorry I didn't get you anything." I blushed, embarrassed.

"You gave me the gift of calling you mine, and that's all I need, really." He said, rendering me breathless.

"You don't mean that do you?" I said in a barely audible whisper.

"Oh I do." Vincent snickered taking another step closer to me, our faces only inches apart.

"Vinny..." I smiled.

"I've been reading up on muggle traditions seeing as you partake in a few yourself and," he pulled out his wand, and pointed it above us.Suddenly mistletoe started to grow out of my ceiling, stopping right over our heads.

Without any hesitation, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him into a warm and passionate kiss. It's almost as if sparks flew all around us, and the sound of chattering in the dining room faded out. I felt Vincent's gentle tongue intertwine with my own, his pace not too overwhelming.We pulled away slowly and hesitantly. I struggled to find the words to say after that, and I could hear how heavy my breathing was.

"Goodnight Y/n." Vincent grinned opening the door. "And happy Christmas."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 4.1K 60
Oliver Wood sees a lot of his younger self in Hermione Granger when she appears at Hogwarts for her first year. He takes it upon himself to look afte...
44.9K 1.5K 44
The yearly Hogwarts Quidditch trophy is a legacy handed from Quidditch Captain to Quidditch Captain. Only the best teams achieve winning this price...
898 79 30
(Harry Potter Fanfic - Wood Series Book 1) All Harry wanted was to survive the summer and get back to Hogwarts for his sixth year without any inciden...
51 0 9
"I didn't mean to fall in love with you. I really tried not to. But nobody has ever made me feel the way you do, nobody has had the ability to make i...