A Viking Chief's twins

By Lava_Serpant

(I know I have a completely different story like this) What if Hiccup had a brother? One he thought had died... More

Dragon's Child
New Dragon And New Friend
Tattoos
I'm The Hunter
Healer
Father?
Trust
Attack
Staying? Or Leaving?
Bounty On Who?
AN
This Is Getting Ridiculous
Okay Another AN
Pressure Points
Pieces
Standards
Operation Frost
Frosty Love
Accepted? Or Disowned?
Where Are They?
Questions
The Calm Before The Storm
That's Your Name?
Here's The Storm
Time Out
Mystery Pair
Stranger? Or Friend?
Tense Reunions
Mislabled
Cruel Treatment
Hiccup and Snot-lout "help"
Code Panic
Finders Keepers
Ill gotten
Buffy
Teas Always The Answer
Friendly Family Introductions
Unexpected Contestants
You Hurt Us Too
Gaming time!
Icy Depths
New Contestant
Music soothes the savage dragon
I Want A Dog
Replacement
She is The Healer
Haddock's camping
Who Doesn't Like Chocolate?
Sandbusted
Deep Sea Terror's
Demonic
All Alone
Never Alone
Wing Maidens
The Battle Begins
Dragon's Are The Masters
Want A Race?
A/N
Sequal

Ultra Trouble

5.9K 172 54
By Lava_Serpant

Kai was reading a letter from his 'adoptive' parents. Unlike some might think his parents never kept it a secret he was adopted, but always told him how much they loved him as a son no matter what. It didn't explain some things though. Where did his parents find him? Why does he have fire powers? Who was his real family? He will always see Nya as his little sister always, but it's just hard sometimes especially on his birthday. Was it even really his birthday?

"Hey Kai watch a looking at?" Jay asks coming over to the master of fire. Kai shrugged and looked at the paper his adoptive parents left for him. All it said was that they loved him and value him. "It's nothing important," Kai sighed. "Well then could you come outside something is wrong with Ultra," Jay said and Kai got up worried for Ultra. "Yeah coming," Kai said following Jay to the deck where the others were. Ultra dragon was having a heated battle with the fire head of the dragon aka Flame.

Zane and Cole were trying to calm Shard and Rocky down with no luck while Jay was having no luck with Whisp as he joined in and tried.

"Kai something is wrong with Flame," Lloyd said concerned for Ultra. Kai goes over to Flame who was snapping his head and trying to bite at the others who were roaring at him. Kai put his hands on Flame and rubbed his muzzle calming him down. "Hey Flame what's wrong buddy? What's got you so grumpy?" Kai asks his dragon head. Flame looked right into the eyes of his master and roared loudly knocking Kai over. A bright flash of light happens and when everyone looked they saw all their dragons had separated once more. The ice, earth, and lightning dragon was disoriented by the suddenness while Flame was stretching his wings.

"Flame? Are you alright? Why did you separate?" Kai asks concerned. Flame looked at him and picked him up throwing Kai onto his back and taking to the sky. "FLAME! PUT ME DOWN NOW!" Kai yelled at the top of his lungs. He heard the others trying to get on their dragons, but they were too still disoriented from separating. Suddenly Flame tucked his wings to his body and Kai knew what this meant. He held on tightly for dear life as the dragon made a portal and went through it.

"Kai! Where is Flame going?" Nya asks in worry for her adoptive brother. Sensei Wu looked to the sky stroking his beard in thought. "I do not know, but we need to find them," Sensei Wu said. Cole turned to Rocky. "You know where they went Rocky?" Cole asks his beloved dragon. The earth dragon nodded his head. "Can you follow him?" Cole asks. Rocky shook his head. "Whisp? What about you bud?" Jay asks. Whisp also shook their head and Shard does the same before even being asked. "This is bad. What is Flame even thinking?" Sensei Wu mutters.

Nya looked to the sky and prays for her brother to be alright.

How To Train Your Dragon World

Kai saw a bright flash of light before he was suddenly in a new realm. He knew this because he recognized the feeling of traveling through a portal.

When he looked below he saw a ocean and that they were heading towards a island.

"Flame? What's going on?" Kai asks his dragon.

'I am sorry to alarm you master, but it is my time,'

Kai was shocked he actually got a reply. "You can talk? Why haven't you ever talked before?" Kai asks his fire dragon.

'I have wanted to talk to you for ages, but as you know the blue ninja talks a lot and Whisp did not want to deal with that as much as she loves him," Flame sighs. Kai was filled with dread as he realized what Flame just said to him. "Time? What do you mean? Are you going die?" Kai asks fearful. Flame gave a rumbling chuckle.

'I appreciate your worry master, but no I will not be dying,'

Kai sighed in relief hugging his dragon.

"Then what did you mean by 'my time'? And why bring me along too?" Kai asks.

'I will answer the second question once we find a safe place. As for the second one I am due to lay my eggs and I would like your help watching over them. Once they are laid I shall go into a deep slumber and will not be able to care for the eggs properly or find my own food. I want you to help me watch them while I slumber and help keep me nourished,"

Kai was shocked, but honoured Flame is giving him this type of responsibility. "Flame I would be honoured to be the protector of your babies and you," Kai said and he knew Flame was smiling.

'Good they will only be eggs for about two weeks before hatching and another two before they start flying. I need to find a volcano to lay them at so they are warm. You will be able to handle the heat which is one of the reasons I have asked for your help. We will be back in around a month or so.'

Flame explains to Kai. "Why not the temple of fire? Why can't you just lay them there?" Kai asks.

'Because the others will find us there. As you know Rocky, Whisp, Shard, and myself were meant for the four ninja the protectors of the green ninja. Ultra dragon is meant for the green ninja and I believe in it, but I have been holding off giving birth for too long. They wanted me to give up my children. They are devoted as I am, but I want a life when the green ninja nor you need us anymore. Once they are alright enough I will return and merge with them again to become Ultra, but I am a mother to be with priorities. I did not want Lloyd to think bad of them so I did not bring him too. I have taken us here to this realm because I know if you are in trouble you shall find friends to help, but be weary. I am a one of a kind dragon and if a human finds me they might steal either me or my babies.'

"I promise Flame I will watch over them with my life," Kai promises.

'I know you will master,'

"You can call me Kai you know,"

'Yes, but I know your ego loves it,"

"True," Kai agrees with a smile and a shrug.

As the two flew they eventually landed at a island with a snowy mountain, but Kai could tell it was a volcano with his powers. As they flew over he saw some wooden buildings and a few ships. He saw some people below and it made him really uneasy. "Flame? Are you sure this is the best place to go?" Kai asks.

'No my master I am heading further. This volcano is not dormant enough to warm my eggs for me to sleep soundly enough even with your help. I am heading a few miles further. This can be a back up volcano in case the next one is unavailable,"

Kai sighs in relief at this. He did not like the look of the place down there for some reason it made him feel uneasy.

They flew for another hour before coming across to a much better and bigger volcano. They landed and Kai dismounted from Flame taking off all the riding equipment on her.

The two found a cave right next to the heat of the volcano. While for some the conditions this close may be harmful to them for too long Kai was designed to thrive in this environment so he will be fine while looking after Flame and her babies.

Flame inspected the cave and found it suitable and she settled in.

'Master may you please go get some leaves and twigs for my nest? And some meat?'

Flame asks. "On it, but out of curiosity who's the father? I am just curious and why do I need to do this all? Not that I am complaining I just want to know," Kai asks.

'That is fair master. Unlike other fire dragons I am made to not need a mate and eventually give birth to eggs mate or not to keep them as pure fire dragons. I can have a mate if I want, but I have chosen not too have one. One among my litter will be the next guardian of the element of fire. Which one I will not know for at least a month or so. As for why I need your help. I have put off giving birth to them for far to long. Unlike the others I had more responsibility than just guarding the sword of fire, but also a entrance to the underworld so I may have been in ideal conditions for it I could not because it risked both the swords safety, but my safety as well along with my young. The others have already given their eggs and hatched, but I have been holding off on it, but I cannot anymore. Holding them off for so long has made it that I will be very weak when I have laid them so I cannot care for them like the others cared for their own. Now may you go and fetch the ingredients for the nest? It is almost time.'

Kai nodded his head and left to go and do just that. Kai managed to get all that Flame asked for including a entire cow he killed with his sword he always had with him so plenty of meat and fur to last them. He got back to the cave and made the nest as Flame watched grumbling happily.

Soon it was time and some pain later Flame had laid three eggs that were the same red as her and had scales over them and were hot to the touch. Kai petted Flame as he watched her drift off, but before she did she said.

'Kai if you must you may abandon me for the safety if the eggs promise me you will do this,' Flame said looking at him sternly. Kai had to think for a moment before answering. "It won't come to that," Kai said. Flame made a grumbling noise again before she fell into a deep slumber. Kai sighed to himself and settled in next to the eggs for a moment.

"I better be called uncle Kai,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17K 388 15
How would the story go if Hiccup had been taken by Cloudjumper instead of Valka? What if Hiccup was raised by the dragons, in the ice sanctuary, for...
155K 4.1K 28
How To Train Your Dragon belong to DreamWorks. Warning ⚠️ If you haven't watched Dreamworks Dragons 1, 2, and Gift of the Night Fury, spoiler. Kind...
330 5 1
How different would things be if Stoick wasn't fast enough to push Hiccup out of the way of Kala's plasma blast during the Sanctuary battle? This is...
97K 2K 50
YN Haddock is the younger sister Hiccup by 2 years. Unlike her brother YN is aggressive. She and her brother share Compassion, adventure, and a love...