Claws and Lightning (Male Zer...

By StormBreaker2k1

(Y/N) Zeraora. Born with traits and characteristics of a tiger and electrokinetic powers. His origins are unk... More

(Y/N) Zeraora
Prologue: The Cub's New Pack
[Season 1] CH 1:Lightning , Explosions and Spirit
CH 2:A New found Spark
CH 3:The Tiger's First Hunting Ground
CH 4: New Territory, New Rules
(Y/N) Zeraora (Updated)
CH 5: Battle Trials, Thunder Races
CH 7: USJ Part 1: Handling Disasters
CH 8: USJ Part 2: Roar of the Thunder Beast
[Season 2] CH 9: Recovery, Secrets and War
CH 10: Sports Festival Part 1: Striking Words, Striking Tiger
CH 11: Sports Festival Part 2: Survival of the Fittest and the Fiercest
CH 12: Sports Festival Part 3: All Out Brawls, The Queen of Evolution
CH 13: Sports Festival Part 4: The Battle Intensifies, Conflicting Forces
CH 14: Sports Festival Part 5: No More Games, No More Mercy
CH 15: Beast vs Mutant, Electrokinesis vs Psychokinesis
Deoxys: The Otherworldly Nomu
CH 16: Room for Improvement and An Unsettling Future
CH 17: Either Work Together or Fall Apart
MHA: Two Heroes Part 1: An Invitation to I-Island, Nostalgic Visions

CH 6: Class Representative? Not Happening

5.7K 95 81
By StormBreaker2k1

Previously on Claws and Lightning...

Class 1A was subjected to their first ever class on Heroics, led by the Symbol of Peace himself. Izuku Midoriya was pitted against his long time classmate and bully Katsuki Bakugo, who was planning on tormenting the poor boy in order to demonstrate his superiority. But it backfired, and Bakugo was met with soul-crushing defeat.

(Y/N) Zeraora was put in team of three against one of the four students admitted to UA via recommendations, Shoto Todoroki. Using his own natural instincts and training with the Pussy Cats, Zeraora seemingly defeated his foe with hardly any trouble. While his classmates were complementing him for his performance Todoroki gave the Young Tiger a distinctly cold glare.

Though the mystery behind Midoriya's quirk still plagues Zeraora's mind.

  (Pussy Cats Residence)

"So on your first heroics class you were able to out perform a student admitted through recommendation?! Keep that up and your gonna be the talk of the town, and maybe catch the girls attention😜. Ryuko jokingly teased, while Zeraora just gave his signature unimpressed look 😒.

"On a serious note, how's UA made so far, made any new friends"?

Zeraora shook head signaling 'not yet'.

"Oh, well anyway it's been what your second day give it a bit. Be a good kitty alright, also if I hear anything about a girl I expect to be given full details you hear😊".

Zeraora finished packing and immediately went for the door ignoring his sister's last comment.

(Time Skip) 

Zeraora making his way to UA while also blasting "Sweet Dreams" by Eurythmics through his earphones. Though even with that, his ears catches the obnoxious yelling coming from outside the school.

"ARE YOU IN ALL MIGHT CLASS"?!

"WE NEED TO SPEAK WITH ALL MIGHT"!

"WE DEMAND AN INTERVIEW WITH THE SYMBOL OF PEACE"!

After hearing the news that All Might is now a teacher at UA, the media has swarmed the front gates of UA in hopes of getting an interview with The No.1 Hero. At the expense of pestering the students and staff.

Hoping to make his way through the unruly crowd with issues, Zeraora came into view with a reporter who then shoved a microphone in his face.

"You there! What is it like having All Might as teacher? What has he been teaching you? Has disclosed anything about his power"?! The female reporter unloads a barrage of questions expecting an answer.

Zeraora, having none it continues on to the campus with his patience slowly dying.

But then, one reporter made the fatal mistake of attempting to stop him by trying to grab his tail fur.

The result was an electrical discharge that proceeded to short circuit all cameras within range startling the reporters, and the fool who caused it was met with temporary paralysis.

"EXCUSE ME YOUNG MAN THAT WAS RUDE AND UNCALLED FOR"! The female reporter complained but to no avail. 

Zeraora made his way through the gates slightly grinning to himself, but then out of nowhere his ear twitched as if sensing a potential danger, leaving him puzzled and concerned.

(Time Skip) (Side-note: (Y/N) Zeraora is Student Number 20, between Mineta and Yaoyorozu)

Having seated at his desk getting his notebook and writing utensils preparing for class, Zeraora was met with Bakugo who seemed upset (shocker 😒). 

"Hey Hairball"! Bakugo yelled, with Zeraora giving no response.

"What were you saying to Deku yesterday"!

Again... No response.

"HEY I'M TAKING TO YOU FUR FACE, SO ANSWER ME". The mad bomber demanded, only to be interrupted by Aizawa who walk in.

"Bakugo quit shouting and take your seat." He sighed

"Good morning class. I went over the results of your matches and watched the footage from yesterdays' training". He said pulling out a stack of papers.

"Overall you all did well, but I'd like to point a few things".

"Bakugo, you're talented so don't sulk like a child about your loss".

"Tch, yeah whatever". Bakugo responded rather calmly.

"Midoriya, I see that the only way you won was by breaking your body again".

"Ye-Yes". Midoriya stuttered.

"Try harder, you can't just keep breaking yourself expecting others to save you, and don't give me the excuse that you can't control your power, that response is already getting old".

 Midoriya looks down solemnly.

"However, your power will be very useful once you get a handle on it, so show some urgency got it". Aizawa somewhat complements him.

"Yes sir". Midoriya looks up reassured.

"Finally, Zeraora. You're clearly gifted and you have an excellent handle on you abilities not just your quirk, but I noticed that you basically cleared the trial by yourself, for future reference try exercising more open communication with your teammates alright".

Zeraora nods.

"Now done and over with, let's get on with day. You all will have to make a very pivotal decision". Aizawa states.

"Oh No". The class thought in sync.

"You will have to select your representatives for the class". He finished.

At that moment the class burst out with each student, most notable Kaminari, Kirishima, and Mina demanding that they should vote of themselves.

'In a normal school the duties of a class rep would just mean more work, but in a hero course it's great way to get noticed by other hero agencies by demonstrating that you can lead a group'. Zeraora thought to himself.

'But for me it's still just a pain'.

"Silence everyone, the responsibilities of the Class Representatives holds extreme importance, it is task only fit for someone who has the full trust of entire class, so we will hold an election to choose our leader". Iida says with his right arm up and shaking.

"It's pretty obvious that you want us to vote for you". The class points out in unison.

"Is this really the best idea"? Kirishima questions.

"We've known each other a few days, how do we know who can trust"? Asui adds.

"Yeah, and besides wouldn't that mean that everyone just going to vote for themselves". Said Kaminari.

"That is truth, however that means who does receive the most votes must truly be suitable for the job". Iida states.

"Wouldn't you agree Mister Aizawa". He turns to his teacher.

"Fine whatever, just make sure to finish before nap's done". Aizawa slips into his sleeping bag.

Afterwords the class had their names written on the board with the tally of votes beside it.

Zeraora was half-minded to just sleep through the voting process, but decided to put down his own choice.

'Lets see, Midoriya and Bakugo are out the question for obvious reasons. Hagakure doesn't strike me as leader materiel and neither does Ojiro'. Zeraora contemplates some of the people he is least aware of.

'But ya know, while Iida is rather annoying being a huge stickler for the rules, he was able to take control of the uprising and suggest a more stable selection method'.

Zeraora puts down his choice and went to take a quick nap.

After a few minutes, Iida jots down the votes and had defeated expression realizing he only had one vote.

"Well, with a surprise twist two people tied for most votes".

"Huh?! Midoriya and Zeraora tied for first?!" Some of the class yelled out.

Zeraora opened his eyes completely disinterested and Bakugo was pissed at the results.

"ALRIGHT YOU IDOIOTS, WHO VOTED FOR THEM"?! Bakugo aggressively shouted.

"Wa-Wa-Wa wait, really, is wasn't a mistake". Midoriya said nervously and confused at the results.  

"I voted for Midoriya cause of his guts against Bakugo yesterday". Sero answered.

"My vote was for Zeraora cause he was so cool against Todoroki". Hagakure cheeringly stated.

With no care whatsoever Zeraora walked up to the board and crossed his name out notifying everyone that his wasn't interested.

"WHAT????" Everyone yelled out.

"Zeraora you're not taking it"? Kirishima asked perplexed.

"Why Not"? Mina adds on

Zeraora gives no response as Aizawa soon walks up from his nap.

"Alright that settles it, Midoriya will be the class rep and Yaoyorozu having the second most votes will be the deputy". Aizawa confirms.

"Moving on with today's class". Aizawa yawned.

(Time Skip to lunch period)

Zeraora at an empty table dinning in peace, as his eyes scanned his surroundings he thinks back to what happened at the gate.

'What was that all about, one moment I'm grinning to myself the next moment my ear twitched. It's also like there was someone suspicious hiding in the crowd'.

Zeraora pondered to himself, but then his thoughts were interrupted by the arrival of another.

"I see that you too prefer the peace and quiet". A notable deep voice rings through his ears, as looks up to find his classmate with a raven head.

Zeraora takes out his phone and types out a response to the comment.

*That and honestly I can't stand crowded areas they make me feel a little restless*.

"I see, a trait we both seem share apparently". The Raven-headed replies.

"I am Tokoyami Fumikage, and you are (Y/N) Zeraora correct"?

"I witnessed your performance during the battle trial, you seem to possess the instincts akin to an expert hunter". Tokoyami suggests.

*You could say that, yeah*.

*And you seem to be very fond of the dark*.

"Indeed I am".

The two continued to exchange words when suddenly the bells went off with a voice erupting from the intercom.

"Warning, level three security breach. All students please evacuate the school building, this is not a drill, repeat this is not a drill".

In an instant everyone aside from Zeraora and Tokoyami started panicking and rushed out of the cafeteria pushing and shoving.

"Perhaps the media from this morning my have caused this uproar".Tokoyami seemed concerned.

'Probably'. Zeraora said out loud catching Tokoyami by surprise.

Zeraora proceed to step out of the cafeteria with Tokoyami following after him.

The two witnessed the unruly hoard with Zeraora's patience just about dead.

With a deep breath Zeraora clapped his hands together unleashing a loud and powerful sound akin to a Thunderclap.

Everyone then stopped screaming and turned to Zeraora.   

'WILL YOU ALL GET A GRIP'! Zeraora shouted, the loudest he as ever been so far.

'You all acting like a bunch of middle schoolers seeing a spider for the first time. In case you haven't realized it's just the media outside, and even if it was a villain what's the worse thing that could happen? Aren't you all here training and learning to deal with situations like this'.

Some answered "yeah".

'Then start acting like it, honestly with this kind of reaction it's a miracle most of you were able to get in this school in the first place, so shut up and starting acting like proper students'.

'Sheesh'.

Zeraora turned back to his table to finish his lunch.

Tokoyami visibly shocked at how Zeraora handled the uproar.

Unbeknownst to him Midoriya witnessed his swift response. As a thought ran through his mind. 

(Time Skip, Back to class)

Midoriya and Yaoyorozu were brought to the front of the class for a quick announcement.

"U-um every... I have an announcement to make". Midoriya very clearly nervous with what he was about, with a deep breath he steeled his nerves and continued.

"I've decided that I'm not fit for the role of class rep, and I suggest handing the position to Zeraora. He took control of the situation regrading the alarm better than I could ever."

All eyes then turned to Zeraora, waiting hear his response.

Unsurprisingly he said nothing, but instead directed his finger to Iida, signifying that if Midoryia really didn't want it he should just give it to Iida instead.

"O-Oh, well, Iida would you like to be class rep? I mean you were the one suggested the election method."

"Ye-Yes I gladly accept"! Iida perks up as he stands tall and bold.

"Yeah sure, I can get behind with it". Kaminari gives his thoughts

"If Midoriya and Zeraora okays it then I'm fine with it". Kirishima added.

The rest of the class seems to be on board with Iida as the class rep.

Yaoyorozu seems a little displeased (poor her).

"Alright settle down however, I would like to add something myself". Aizawa speaks up

"Iida will be the class rep and Yaoyorzu and Zeraora will be the deputies". Aizawa delcares.

Upon hearing this Zeraora wasn't too happy, but Aizawa catching on to it proceeded to explain further.

"I was informed of you actions during  alarm uproar Zeraora and I did tell you in the beginning that you need to improve your communication skills. Though you've made it very clear that you have no interests in being class rep, I'm making you one of the deputies whether you like or not".

Zeraora snarled slightly, but decided to deal with it, Iida handling most of the responsibilities anyway, and all he would really have to do is make sure he doesn't do anything stupid.

"With that out of the way let's move on to today's hero lesson". Aizawa pulls out a card from his pocket.

*Rescue*

Author Speaking:

The writing gears are properly running in my head stay tuned for the next few chapters.

They will mark the end of of the First Season of the story and Zeraora's power and abilities on full display.

StormBreaker2k1 out  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.9K 1.5K 15
Saeki Atsuhi's dream has always been to become a fearless hero who can save people with a smile. And at last, her dream is coming true! As she begins...
4.9K 317 36
How can someone so fragile, be so strong? °☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆° Disclaimer: This book will mention adult themes such as racial slurs, sexual assault/abus...
332K 7.2K 55
You attend U.A. high school and start to make some friends, you thought everyone was nice until you met this one boy. He was hot tempered with a low...
29.2K 552 35
In a world where Quirks define destiny, Tatsuya Akiba's childhood was anything but easy. At a tender age, he lost everything to the Shikaku Renmei, a...