Fragrance of Indignation

By Happeesh

Happy with the way his life was, until he got dragged away. Dragged into a world of constant coldness. A worl... More

Introduction
{I} • The Uninvited Guest
{II} • A New Home
{III} • Shopping and Arguments
{IV} • The Phone
{V} • The Secret Plan
{VI} • Revenge
{VII} • Detention
{VIII} • Downtown Plans
{IX} • Memories
{X} • Blackmail
{XI} • A New Friend
{XII} • The Kiss
{XIII} • Suspicious
{XV} • Christmas Tree
{XVI} • Sleepover Party
{XVII} • Horror
{XVIII} • Assassin
{XIX} • Plan Alpha
{XX} • Vengeance {18+!}
{XXI} • 31st of December
{XXII} • Making Dumplings {18+}
{XXIII} • Gum Scraping
{XXIV} • The Chasing
{XXV} • Stalking
{XXVI} • School Trip
{XXVII} • Sick
{XXVIII} • Mission
{XXIX} • Mission 2.0
{XXX} • Mission 3.0
{XXXI} • Mission 4.0
{XXXII} • Bad News
{XXXIII} • Funeral
{XXXIV} • Affectionless
{XXXV} • The Show
{XXXVI} • Heartbreak
{XXXVII} • Returning Home
{XXXVIII} • Training
{XXXIX} • Payback to J.H
{XL} • Unexpected Guest
{XLI} • Jimin's Confession
{XLII} • Secret Rave
{XLIII} • Shot
{XLIV} • EPDM
{XLV} • USB
{XLVI} • Sweater
{XLVII} • Plan A or B?
{XLVIII} • Sword fight
{XLIX} • Cause of the Phone Call
{L} • Lies for protection
{LI} • 110716
{LII} • "Stay with me"
{Author's Note}
{Fragrance of Truth}

{XIV} • Anniversary

369 18 0
By Happeesh

(Happy new year! I hope 2021 will be better than this crap year! Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts! I like to read them! Btw: do you guys have any idea's for my story? I'd like to see the ideas from your perspective! Okey, that was it. Bye!)

4:38:

I sit up and pant. My hair was wet from sweating. Nightmares had been teasing me over the past few nights. I rubbed my eyes while trying to forget the horror. I felt Jungkook's hand on my lower back. "You alright?" He asked sleepily. That voice! God!

I nod. "Fine." I answer while wiping away the sweat. "What are you dreaming about?" Jungkook asked worriedly. "I don't want to talk about it." I say. I didn't want to reveal the fear that has been haunting me overnight. The memories that I so desperately tried to forget. "Well maybe you should talk about it, it could feel relieving." Jungkook proposed. I shook my head. Jungkook sighed and lied down again. "Okay." He said. I got out of bed and took Yeontan into my arms, he started growling. He clearly wanted to sleep. "Where are you going?" Jungkook asked. "I'm going on a walk." I say. "Looks like Yeontan isn't in the mood, besides are going in your pyjamas?" Jungkook asked. "Yeah, why not?" I asked. Jungkook got up and took Yeontan out of my hands. He placed the puppy on the sheets, took my hand and pulled me with him. "Where are we going?" I ask. Jungkook doesn't answer and takes me to the car.

Jungkook drives through Seoul, in our pyjamas. "So what is your plan for tomorrow?" I ask. Jungkook drives into the MacDrive. "Two Oreo MacFlurries please." Jungkook said. He drove to the first window and payed. He drove to the next and took the flurries in his hands. He gave them to me as he parked the car in the parking lot. He put on the radio and we at our ice cream.

"So my plan is to just go to the anniversary. He can't do anything. There will be family. That's why he invited me." Jungkook said. "Why can't he do anything? Or why couldn't he could just not invite you?" I asked. Jungkook shook his head. "When he left me, he thought he had left me to die. Think about it. An adult of just a few hours, being left with a mafia I never met. He thought someone in the mafia would kill me and take my place, but the team helped me. That's why I see them as family. They have been there for me when I needed them the most." Jungkook explained but not really. "Well what does that has to do with you going to that party?" I asked. "Think, Taehyung. Look at me. What do you see?" He asked. I cocked an eyebrow. "A black haired mafia boss?" I ask. Jungkook shook his head. "No, a black haired mafia boss that doesn't traffic drugs and still makes more money than him. I am even more successful while lying on my own lazy ass, while Hangseon works his ass off." I grin.

"And that's the reason. He's ashamed. He will never, ever say to anyone he left a kid alone to die and missed an opportunity for fortune, especially not to my family. And if he doesn't invite me, the family will know something's going on." Jungkook said. I nodded. "Exactly." I say. I look up from my ice cream. "Well how do you make that much money?" I asked. "You're looking straight at one of them." I get as an answer from Jungkook who didn't even look up from his ice cream. I take a look. I only see a big advertisement board of Shinhan financial group. I look back at Jungkook in shock.

"You own the largest banking services firm?!" I ask. Jungkook nodded. "How?!" I ask. "You were, just like you said, a few hours old adult! How do you even think of that?! And how much money did that even cost?!" I ask unbelievably. "My parents left me a lot of money. I got it in my hands after Hangseon left me. Namjoon brought me on the idea, as we were discussing what we could do with the money. He helped me a lot with finances as well. I bought Shinhan financial group and a few more businesses." Jungkook explained. I was left shook.

Jungkook drove home and we got back upstairs. We lied down in bed and soon fell asleep. It still felt the same. You know? Just finding out that your boyfriend actually is a mafia billionaire, and it still not feeling different. That when you realise you love someone, no matter money or position.

~~~

"Tae, wake up! Quick!" Jungkook said while shaking my shoulder. I groan. "What?!" I say irritated. "It's already 13:00! We have an hour to prepare! Not to forget the team is coming in a few sec..." Jungkook got interrupted by the doorbell ringing. Jungkook jumped up and ran downstairs while I sighed and pulled the blanket over my head. I could hear Jungkook talking to the team as the blanket was thrown off of me. I tried to get it back, but my wrist was taken. Jimin pulled me up. "Come on! You need to eat." Jimin said while pulling me with him. I didn't even wake up properly. We walked down the stairs. "I see your tactic worked better than mine!" Jungkook smiled. I just gave Jungkook a: 'wait 'till we get home and you'll get with the slipper!' face. We all walked to the kitchen. Jin made breakfast. He insisted. "I just need you to blend in while keeping an eye on Taehyung, Hangseon and on the suspected people." Jungkook explained. "Should we buy them a present?" I ask. Jungkook gave me a glare. "For everything they've done to me, I wouldn't even give them shit. They don't deserve it." Jungkook said revengefully.

Jin gave us our breakfast and the team spread out. I saw Suga playing with Yeontan. It was adorable. When I finished I walked upstairs with Jungkook following me. "Should I put on that grey suit you bought me?" I ask. "Yes! That'll look amazing on you!" Jungkook said. I smiled and put the suit on. I walked into Jungkook's room. He was buttoning up his white blouse. I caught a glimpse of his sixpack. And I would lie if I would say I didn't feel a tiny bit turned on. Jungkook buttoned the last button and looked at me. "It looks really nice. Grey suits you." He said. I sat down on his bed and watched him put on the black black blazer that matched his black pants and shoes. Black matched well with the idea of him being a mafia boss. He turned around and noticed I was still here. "You need something?" He asked. I showed him the tie.

"I don't know how to tie a tie." I say. Jungkook chuckled. I stood up and gave the tie to him. Jungkook adjusted the tie and gave me a quick peck after that. "Perfect." He whispered. I felt butterflies in my stomach. Jungkook made me feel them all the time. We walked downstairs and the team stood up. We got into the car and Jin started the engine. "So aren't we taking guns with us?" I asked. "That's not our job for today, Taetae." Jungkook said. "We sent out other men that work for Jungkook. They have pictures of the people that they have to keep an eye on and they'll have a sniper aimed at them." Suga explained. "Your duty is to entertain yourself while staying on a safe distance from Hangseon." Jungkook said. I nodded.

Jin parked after a while. We all stepped out. I think the other members knew Jungkook and I had a relationship, but didn't know how to ask. I looked around and see a big house. It was black and grey. Jungkook's arm swung around my shoulder and took me with him to the entrance. "Names?" One of the guards asked. "Jeon Jungkook and Kim Taehyung." Jungkook said. The man looked at the guest list. "There doesn't say anything about a Kim Taehyung." The guard said. "That's right, he's with me." Jungkook said impatiently. "I'm sorry, he can't go in." The guard said. Jungkook took an envelope out of his pocket. "What if we.... make a deal?" Jungkook said while giving the man the envelope. There was much in the envelope because it almost ripped open from the content. The guard took the envelope and nodded.

"How much did you put in the envelope?" I ask. "I don't know. Maybe you know the value of shredded paper?" Jungkook smirked.

The team spread as we all entered. Jungkook took me to the bar. "Do you prefer red or white wine?" Jungkook asked. "White." I answer. Jungkook took a glass and gave it to me. "Buttercream chardonnay, have you ever tried it?" I shake my head. I take a sip. It was buttery, very smooth. A croissant kind of taste. "We should drink this more often!" I say. Jungkook smiled and took a red wine for himself.

"Jungkook-ya! Glad you could make it!" Someone said. Jungkook and I turned around. There was this man. A bit chubbier, bald and a grey moustache. "Hangseon, happy anniversary." Jungkook said. Hangseon smiled and then turned his gaze on me. "And who are you." He asked. I bowed, but Jungkook took my arm and pulled me up. "Yang Taehyung." He said. I played along. "Nice to meet you, Hangseon-shi." I said. Before Hangseon could say anything else, Jungkook had pulled me with him. "Stay away from him and his stupid questions." He hissed silently. I nodded. I took another sip from the chardonnay. Jimin came up to me. "Hey, may I steal Taehyung? I'm bored. Thank you!" He said while taking my wrist and pulling me with him. My head turned around one more time to shrug my shoulders to Jungkook.

Jimin took me to the balcony. I looked back at Jungkook. He was talking to Hangseon. "So, do you think Sungho has Instagram?" I ask. Jimin looked at me and took his phone. "You are genius!" Jimin exclaimed. He typed Sungho in the search bar, but there were too many users. Jimin sighed. "No, you're doing it wrong." I said while taking Jimin's phone out of his hands. "If we're gonna be spies, we gotta think like spies." I said. Jimin grinned. I searched up Jonghyun's Instagram. The stupid guy didn't have his account on private. I looked into his followers and soon found Sungho. Jimin took his phone back and started looking at his pictures. It were just a few. He stopped scrolling at a picture which seemed like a family picture. "Wait! That looks like dad!" I say. I hijack the phone again and zoom in. Dad was standing next to Jaeyong. I saw my mom net to my dad. "Did they know Jaeyong and his family?" Jimin asked. "Apparently..." I say. I am confused.

Namjoon entered the balcony. "What's going on? You look like you've seen a ghost or something." He said. I gave him the phone. "That's my father, on a family picture on Sungho's Instagram." I say. He took the phone and screenshot it right away. "I'll send it to Suga." He said. Jimin nodded. Namjoon gave the phone back. "You should come back to the party. Since you're Jungkook's boyfriend you need to be introduced to his family." Namjoon said. "Wait, how do you know we have a relationship?" I ask. "Isn't that pretty clear? I've known Jungkook for a long time, and I immediately noticed how he acted with you." Namjoon said. He took his drink and went back to the party. I took my wine and went to Jungkook. He was talking with this lady. Jungkook swung his arm around me. "Misun, This is Taehyung, my boyfriend." He said. The lady bowed and so did I. "Tae, this is my niece." Jungkook explained. "Nice to meet you." I said. I drank the last sip of my chardonnay and put the glass on the plate of a bartender that just happened to walk by.

Jungkook was introducing me to his family. He had a lot of family. Uncles from sisters and brothers from cousins that had uncles and aunts that came. Yes! Very complicated. Jungkook left to the toilet. It took too long. 15 minutes. I went to the niece I had just met. "Where can I find the toilettes?" I ask. She gave me the directions. When I turned around the corner, I saw Hangseon giving Jungkook a slap to his cheek. Jungkook just looked down and caressed his cheek softly. I never saw him this submissive. I walked a few steps back. "Jungkook? Where are you?" I say loudly. I hear them whispering and moving. I walk around the corner and see Jungkook walking to me. "Hey! What are you doing here?" Jungkook asked nervously. "I was worried so I went looking for you." I said.

I looked past Jungkook but Hangseon was already gone. Jungkook took me with him. "Why were you on the toilet so long?" I asked. "I drank too much wine." He said. He stopped and took out his phone. "Hey, Namjoon, I'm going home. I'll see ya tomorrow at the office." He hung up before Namjoon could say something. "Home? How? We came with Jin's car!" I say. "We'll take a taxi." Jungkook said while walking out of the lounge. It was silent while we waited for the taxi to arrive. "So why did you want to leave so early?" I ask. "I just felt like it." Jungkook said. I nodded.

The taxi arrived and we got in. Jungkook gave the address. I looked at Jungkook, who was looking out of the window. A red spot had become visible. I didn't want to say anything in front of another person. We finally arrived home after a rather awkward drive. Yeontan jumped up to Jungkook. Jungkook took the pup and played with him. He was upset. I just knew. I sat down next to him on the ground, while Yeontan brought us one of his toys. "Jungkook, I saw what happened at the toilet." I say slowly. "What are you talking about?" Jungkook asked nervously.
"Don't lie."
He sighed.
"My uncle found it ridiculous of me to be in a relationship with another man. He finds it important to keep out bloodline going and that I have kids." Jungkook said while patting Yeontan. I leaned in and kissed him on the cheek that had been hit by his uncle. "Don't listen to him." I say. Jungkook nodded. 

We took Yeontan out for a walk. We walked through the park and at once someone bumped into my shoulder. I looked at the man. He looked familiar to me. The man quickly apologised and walked away. I started to brainstorm. I could swear I had seen that face earlier today! And then it snapped. I turned around to see where the man was, but he was gone. Jungkook stopped as well. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"That man that just bumped up to me? He's the taxi driver from earlier..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

405K 20.3K 85
( Completed ✓) Taehyung and Jungkook are forced to get married , not really forced . But Taehyung fall in love with a boy...unknown boy , who he rand...
278K 12.1K 48
Taehyung. A mafia leader. Crimes done right with no tracks. It's practically impossible to accuse him. He doesn't waste his time to play around. He i...
584K 22K 52
( Completed ✔) Kim Taehyung arrogant and cold hearted CEO of Kim Corporation , Something happened in his past which made him hate the word Love. Jung...
86.5K 4.1K 20
[ H series ] Where Taehyung is know as Kim V and is a Mafia leader also A CEO of Kim private limited . He is cold and strict and Rude CEO and mafia...