A Life I Could Never Dreamed...

By himani1411

Mahabharata. A tale of victory of Justice over injustice. A tale of sacrifices. A tale of diplomacy. The tale... More

something about me
Surprise gift. but for whom?
meddling with time?
A special chapter
An official meeting
meetings the pandavas
expecting the unexpected
what's right thing to do?
A little talk
its been days...
Gouri pujan
the ratings
the incrwonation
leaving Hastinapur...
hell broke loose..
the ratings
journey to Dwarka..
Reunion with Kahna
Journey continues
who am i?
Truths
different direction
ranking
where is Adrika?
New Avatar
New place dynamics
author's note...
Adrika
The Strategist Role
the talk
A Chalenge
Here It Is..
Return to the time line...
some confusion
Major heart break
Fall out
It's becoming complicated.
Big Dissions
Journey to Hasthinapur once again
A Time Changing Friendship
Business deal
Truth
His for ever
Khandavprasth
Indraprastha
Changes
Parth
Parth 2
A problem
A marriage or a conflict
Marriage of the century
The happy days
Time takes turns
World fall apart
The next generation
The city of Seasons
Days in Island
The meet alash
Father
Family and moments
The things needed to sort
War of words
Alliances
War
The Falen Warriors
Vishma vadh
Chakravyuh
let's have some fun
Beginning of the end
The Ultimate Sacrifice
Thank you
the sequel
Announcement
Announcement 2

Letters

2.2K 100 37
By himani1411

Nakul's POV

         Adrika, my wife. The most beautiful princess of time. The learned. The pakriti kanya. The best war strategist of history. The greatest healer. The queen of mysterious land. There were so my name world know her with. But I know her as my Love. My life. My only reason for life. The only woman of my life. And bearing the death of someone like her seem impossible. Sometimes I get shocked how I did it. How I survived. Maybe her love didn't allow me to end my life. Maybe the memories she left didn't let me follow her to afterlife. She protected. Sacrificed. Loved and United my family. When it comes to her evil turned pure. Hatred turned love. No one was spared from her purity. Not even our brothers.

        She asked us to live our life. Live like she was with us. And we did try. Some of us could. Some of us couldn't. I couldn't. I lived for our children. But living without her couldn't be considered life.

       She always said. You don't win a war. You survive it. She can't be more right. We forget to live after her. The scares of war was too deep. We won but lost way too much.

        After a while of her passing I couldn't dared to open the letter box she gave me a day prior. I was just way too scared what to find out. I loved that woman. But I can't deny that she did scare me. On the first lamp ceremony I opened it. I found letters. A lot of them. Long and short ones. Describing everything. About the years without me.

*****
Love,

I'm at Dwarka. Baldau and Bhrata Krishn aren't convinced yet that I have to leave. But they will. My brothers love me too much.

Subhadra is fine. Crying most of the time but being able to take care of herself. Any moment now the she can go into labour. I have decided to leave after her delivery.

I miss you. As much as you do. Yes. I know you do. But don't worry love. We will be waiting for you. Me and out child. What name I should give them? Why we never decide that?

You were better with kids. Not me. Will I ever be good enough to rise ours. We should have exchange places.

How will I live all these years without you love?

Time will tell.

Adrika.
*****

My tears stained the letter. My wife's silent love. I opened another one.

*****
Thousands lights around me,

Heart still dark.

Thousand smiles brighten me,

Yet I lost my spark.

Hi love,

It's been 5 months since that dark day. I'm still at dark. Lights can't cheer me anymore. Without you everything is just lifeless.

The power in my womb is weakening me. I'm loosing grip on everything. My health, power, consciousness and mind. I started hallucinating. But it gave me peace. I saw you.

Baldau freaked out seeing me like it. He thought I lost it. Can you keep it a secret? It was hilarious. He wrote to Legolas himself. You remember. The elf prince. My friend. I need their help in my pregnancy. Otherwise I won't survive. That's doesn't matter maybe the child won't either. And it scares the hell out of me.

I keep tabs on your journey. But sorry I can't visit you. I want this 13 years to be the phase that strengthen our bond.

Love
Adrika
*****

*****
Dear Husband,

Today was an elf ceremony of welcoming the child. The elders here has blessed our children. Yes love we are gonna have twins. I guess it's genetics. You were twins.

They said it's a boy and a girl. I don't know if I could ever be this happy. We got both of our dream. You wanted a girl. She will be like you. Perfect little princess. But I bet the boy will be the trouble child. Just like me. Oh you are gonna love them.

When Legolas had to take the oath of protection till they are born I couldn't control my tears. It was your rights love. Your responsibility. Legolas told me not to worry. It is still your right. He wanted me to tell you he is just borrowing it. He wanted you to know you are the luckiest prince to have me and I am the luckiest girl to have you. And it's his honour to be involved in our relationship some how. He is a nice man. You both will be best of friends. One day.

Love, suggest me some names ok. In my dreams perhaps.

See you soon
Adrika
*****

*****
Love,
I have seen the strangest of dream. I don't know what it means. I saw you holding a girl and a boy is playing in front of you. I saw I'm calling them. I called them Aadhrith and Vritika. You all came to me.

Was it you? Was it you suggesting a name?

I will say it was you. And I'll take your suggestion.

That will be names of our children love.

Aadhrith and Vritika

Our Aadi and Vriti.

Love,
Adrika.
*****

*****
Love,
I can't any more. Why can't you be here? The pain is too much. The suffering. The witch that is helping me said the kids are searching for their father. They are restless because they can sense his absence. The more they will be restless. The more pain they will cause.

Please come back to me. They need you here. For me. For our children. Please comeback.

Adrika.
*****

*****
They are beautiful love. Our children. They are so tiny. Yet powerful. Magnificent. The elves are helping them control their powers. Vriti has earth and water. She is making rain constantly. Aadi has fire and wind. And I don't need to say what he is doing. They will need Siegels. Until they are of age to stop their powers.

I'll teach everything about Siegels when we next meet. You will need the knowledge to deal with celestial beings as family. Me. The kids. May be the grand kids too.

I'm sorry love I took a week to write to you. I was recovering from the delivery. I was out most of the time. The sleeping drought is very very powerful.

Love
Adrika
*****

*****
Dear husband,

It's been 5 weeks since I came here. I miss home. I miss Island. These are also my people but I want to be at my home. I'm now strong enough to travel with kids.

Maybe next letters I'll write from Island.

Love
Adrika
*****

*****
Love,
I'm in island. I reached yesterday. I know I should reach days early. But unfortunate things happened dear. We were attacked. The elves didn't survive it. Kids are ok. I'm. Recovering. The nomads helped us. Those are mountain people. They gave us shelter and food. Then a horse to reach here.

They tried to kill our children dear, the wish I had to send words to you about kids seem long gone. I can't afford another attack like this. We were close.

Aeser is suggesting about going into hiding and spread rumors about our death. It's a safe method. We are closing the Island from all end. Except the trading route. Our kids will be trained here. I wish you would see through this rumors and be careful. It will hurt. I know it.

Love
Adrika.
*****

*****
I'm sorry love. You took the news worse than we thought. Thank God Shiara was on time. I don't wanna imagine what would have happen if she didn't.

How love? How can you not see it? You are the one who's supposed to know me the most? Is the grief is too much for you to loose faith in me?

*****

*****
Hi Love,

It's been a while. I was hurt by your actions but yah.. I need to talk. Children are fast. They are growing up. Unlike normal. They will be of age in few years. But as per Shiara, Once their body reach the growth of 18 it will stop. Can be for decades. Like it for me. We live for a long time. If are not killed in a unnatural way. I won't age. A day. Maybe it would shock you but I'm not worried.

Children would start their training in couple of days. Their personality is starting to show. Vriti is way too composed. Fun loving and soft. Aadi is quite. Talks a little less. Yes they started talking. Full sentences. In just two years. They are growing very fast. I fear the questions will be start. A lot faster than I expect.

How I will make them understand? How will I tell them, what kind of sticky situation they are in?

I will let you know.

Adrika.
*****

         Letters after letters of emotions that my wife never voiced. She did gave me everything with this letters. The letters contained everything. Her love, desperation, joy, anger, laughs, cry.. And my kids. The letters have dried flowers, twigs, some old toys that kids ever gave her to send me. Those were the precious for me. She described how slowly and steadily she changed the whole island. How ceremonies were build. She wrote about it all. University. Lamp festival, illuminati lane. Potions. Technology. Everything. She talked. By those letter.  Some of last letters were the most impactful.

*****
Love,
10years.
10years without you. I dragged my feet through all these years. But love, now I cannot. Children are grown up now. They already reached at 18. Smart. Brave. Compassionate. Beautiful kids.

Vriti took upon healing. You will be happy to see her like that dear. She is knowledgeable. But more of it she is pure like you. She took pride to be like her father.

Aadi on the other hand.. Well he is angry. He is just too furious at everything. Because he love everyone with passion. His emotions are just like him. Furious. He is amazing a warrior. Ploys are his speciality. Doesn't like a life of prince. He is an outcast. Just like me.

He will be difficult to come around.
But you will manage it.

Love
Adrika
*****

*****
Love,
Children are here. My goodness they all are so grown up. I can't believe it. Beautiful boys. Prativindhya is little confused about everything but I am sure he will come around.

Dristadyumn still hasn't change. He still the pain in my head as usual. Kids were amused and confused at his behavior at first. I hope I never meet his wife. That would be super awkward.

Aadi isn't exactly thrilled. But Abhi is in awe at his brother. He will make him melt.

Love
Adrika
*****

*****
Love,
This is my last letter.

The time you read it I would be long gone. Reason you know. But I wanted you to know that I love you. More than anything.

We didn't get to live the life you deserved. But don't worry my dear I will be waiting for you. We will live. Together. Once again. Like you want it. Write me a letter after my death. And leave it into the soul stream. About my children. You. Brothers. Sisters. My subhadra.

Love, can you do one thing. Please make a memorial of my Jyesth Duryodhan at island with Karn. He loved me. In his own twisted way and I know he will die in agony after my death.

I have a confession love. If you hate me after this that maybe I deserve.

Love, I am pregnant. The pain I had and you were giving me potions for was the pregnancy. I didn't tell you all because I saw this moment coming. I knew the death coming. It was inevitable. I couldn't let my sons die for one who hasn't been born. It wasn't only my decision. But both of ours. I couldn't see the pain in your eyes anymore than I was destined to see.
Once again I am Sorry for everything I have ever done to you.

Lot's of Love
Yours and only yours
Adrika
*****

      Yes, she was pregnant but I wasn't angry of her decision. She was right. The boys were her life. She would have died from inside if something happened to them. And I wasn't even angry with her for not telling me because I know I couldn't sacrifice it. Like she did. So for a long while I couldn't write to her. After 20 years I muster some courage to do so.

*****
Love,
It's been 20years. Everything has changed. I have avoided writing this for all these long with a hope that you will oneday come back to complain about it.

Its been 20years without you Idei. 20 years since I last lived. World around me changed. But I am still there. Body has changed a lot. But soul is still there love. Today Vriti took the responsibility of Island. Completely. It was a high road to convince her. She was fixated on the fact that you always said that the throne of Island is both of their. It didn't matter if Aadi didn't want to do anything related to island business.

         Honestly love, I don't think Aadi really do anything that is related to anything other than his research. Yes. He has been devoted himself to it. Like an obsession. He isn't doing anything other than that. I don't know what the research is about. Nobody does. But it's better than what he was before this. He was a mess Adrika. He lost everything with you. The anger. The rage he had in his eyes was unbearable. I am happy that he has something to occupied his mind.

           We thought Prativindhya will be worse. But. He was the complete opposite actually. He in fact became the stick to support everyone. He took care of Vriti, Aadi, Abhi, all the boys, even me. But yah.. He couldn't forgive his mother in my eyes. Although he said he forgave her but refused to take the throne of Hastinapur. He said he is your son. A Adrikeya. He won't live a destined life. He would choose his own path. And he did good for himself. He left for a while with the elf land to follow your footsteps as ranger. But then he returned to lsland and started his education. He is doing some research in social and economical life. He is married if you are curious. Not a princess. A scientist. From here. Island. Brilliant girl. Very loving to all of them.

          I'm doing all I can love. With Ullupi bhavi and Subhadra bhavi taken over Island I had much time to give it to kids and potions. The experiments you left incomplete. Island became our home. At least for Bhrata Arjun and me. Abhi stayed at Hastinapur. With jyesth bhrata, Droupadi and bhrata bhim. Boys took their own paths. Sutosom is here with me. Helping me in research. Srutakarma is with Prativindhya and they are doing things together. Srutasen is on move. He is studying on tribal life. Our sons have taken paths of their choices Idei. Just like you wanted.

            Tatshree came day before yesterday. He is still apologetic to everyone but kids seem to love their grandfather. Love I think Island is growing on him. He will start training Vriti from tomorrow. He was very sad yesterday, during the lamp ceremony. Aadi took him to soul stream. As per your last request bhrata Duryodhan is also celebrated as queen brother, with Jyesth (karn). Tatshree was happy as he felt him in the water. He said bhrata Duryodhan asked him to take care of the only child he got responsibility of. Vriti. Your decision was extremely right Love. This gesture helped the family together.

       Everyone is here for the festival. I wish Sahadev was here. He left. Just after war. He said he couldn't bear living here without you. He was just wanted to live the life he dreamed with you. Tavel the world. He sends letters once in months to tell us which corner of the world he was in. Free will is the gift you gave us while passing and it helped us coping with your going.

          Your brothers are well. But yes, they don't seem as magnificent as before. They lost a light of their lives. Vasudev visit us sometimes. Last time he visited and talked to Aadi for a long long time. Aadi was a little stable after that. More focused and determined too.

      Love, everyone is dealing and learning to live without you by doing what they did and planned to with you. But I am lost my dear. I don't know what to do or how. I didn't planed to do  anything without you. My only means of living is the promise I gave you to protect our children. But love they won't be needing it for long so don't worry I'm also coming very soon. I'm staying happy because I can feel you with me. With the soft blown breeze, with warmth of the sunshine, with music of rain. Nature is you and I can see it clearly. Sometimes I feel Dristadyumn was lucky. He loved you. Live with you and died with you. He got what I didn't. In the next life I will stay with every step you take. Note that dear.

Love,
Nakul.
*****

         I'm coming love. Don't worry I won't be too long. We will be together. For ever.

An
Hi everyone,
Here is the bonus chapter I promised. I wrote it in this format. Because writing Adrika in a past tense isn't easy for me and I didn't want to give much infos here.

You will understand why in the sequel book.

On 25 I will lunch the sequel book. Till then.
Byeee...

Love
Pragyna

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 9.9K 51
This is the story of two assassins, who travel back in time to the era of the Mahabharata..... ----------- Dishita and Aditya, two master assassins...
59.8K 2.9K 79
"Heavy is the head that wears the crown" Ephemera: Nothing is permanent, flowers that bloomed will die in a matter of weeks, before the trees leaf...
17K 655 14
Krisha a sweet and caring person who doesn't even have a single mean cell in her body who rules everyone with her heart and has everyone wrapped arou...
145K 8K 53
She was a princess, he was a prince, it could have been a simple story but no, life isn't simple and love is not easy and it can never be simple and...