Five Little Sacrifices

By Veikari

Continuation for my first book Waiting for My Mate, I recommend to read that one first so this one makes more... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107

Chapter 88

289 22 9
By Veikari

When a scent of fresh coffee and warm breakfast started to float around the house, others woke up as well. First one was Mirajane and after him Lisanna. Evergreen and Elfman came down soon after them and Freed chuckled when he saw Laxus and Felix. Both had wild bed hair and Felix was still dozing off and was carried by Laxus.

"Why didn't you just leave him to sleep?" Freed asked.

"I planned, but he woke up and didn't want to be left alone", Laxus grunted and put Felix down on a chair, where he slumped and kept sleeping like nothing.

"He's so cute", Lisanna chuckled wrapping a blanket around Felix.

"He just wants to stay close to his parents after losing someone important so suddenly", Mirajane smiled. "I bet Chester feels the same."

"He has been a bit clingy, not that we mind", Bickslow grinned.

"He is such a lucky child since he found new parents", Lisanna smiled. "Not nearly that many orphans can find a new family."

"Yeah. It's fun, having a kid around", Bickslow smirked. "And babies are darn cute too, can't wait to have two more around in the guild soon."

"You don't have to wake up at least twice every night to take care of them", Laxus grunted.

"And constantly feed them and change their diaper", Freed agreed while helping Mirajane to set the table.

"Or get puked all over..."

"Or listen to screaming non stop all day."

"Why are we having another kid again?" Laxus asked looking at the rune mage.

"Don't even think about blaming me", Freed frowned.

"Just blame yourself, you horny dragon slayer", Bickslow snickered to Laxus who grunted.

"Fine, it's all my fault", he said.

"Too late to regret", Freed said tapping Laxus' head with a napkin.

"I'm not regretting."

"Just stop, you won't win", Evergreen chuckled to the Thunder God who rolled his eyes. "It will still take many many months before you can win anything again."

"That is my consolation prize which makes me feel a bit better in the middle of morning sickness, cravings and bloating like a balloon", Freed smirked.

"When will you find out if you're having a boy or girl?" Mirajane asked curiously as they all sat down and started eating.

"In a month or two I believe. It's not really important and I think we don't want to know it."

"We don't?" Laxus asked rising his eyebrows.

"Does it really matter?"

"I guess not."

"What if you'll have twins?" Lisanna chuckled. "It would be fun!"

"Very", Freed muttered.

A few minutes later Cana and Chester joined them. During the morning, the house started to slowly get filled with other guild members too and they all found a place wherever they could.

Freed was in the kitchen when the door opened and he looked at Mest. The dark haired man looked around quickly and motioned Freed to come closer.

"It's like you suspected", he whispered when Freed stepped out with him. "Warren heard all about it."

"I knew it", Freed said with a frown. "Well then, I guess we better discuss about this with everyone."

Mest nodded and he went back to Warren who was holding their prisoner, while Freed went back inside. Laxus, Makarov and Erza were sitting in the living room, talking and he walked beside them after making sure the kids weren't here. They were probably playing with Theophilius and the exceeds.

"We found the traitor", he said and Laxus and Erza almost jumped up from their seats.

"When the hell did that happen?" Laxus asked.

"I had my suspicions so I asked Warren and Mest to help me confirm them", Freed explained. "The important part is that we have found the one who gave all the information to Yuidose."

Laxus instantly glared around but he saw no sign of Theophilius. Freed chuckled.

"It's not Theophilius", he assured. "It's someone we have known for a few years already."

"Huh?" Laxus grunted confused and they all looked at the doors when they were pushed open.

Mest and Warren threw a man on the floor, his long black hair tangled. Ketkel quickly raised his head, looking around in panic as he saw all those angry stares.

"You fucking -" Roscoe snarled and was about to step forward, when Erza stopped him.

"Don't anyone do anything stupid", the red haired mage warned with a stern voice. "No one touches Ketkel or uses magic. He might have caused lots of trouble to us, but we will not hurt him. At least not before we've heard everything", she said a bit ominously and it made Ketkel tremble.

Freed stepped up, looking down at the man.

"I knew something wasn't right", he said. "You were acting a little bit too curious and getting closer. That letter you gave me in the library from Humphrey, you had it with you all along and was just waiting for the perfect moment to give it."

"I never wanted anyone to die", Ketkel assured, his voice high-pitched and he was sweating as mages surrounded him, making it impossible for him to run away. It was like a nightmare!

"Aren't you forgetting something?" Laxus growled. "It's not just Granny. You helped them to destroy Ginkgo."

"And Naava Town", Roscoe frowned. "You walk on these streets every single day. You were born in this town. You can see all the destruction. Hundreds of people have died because of you!" he roared angrily and Bickslow had to grab his shoulder so he wouldn't actually attack Ketkel.

The black haired man started to sob, staying at the floor on his knees.

"I-I know", he stuttered. "It hurts me every day to see all this..."

"Liar, if you actually cared, you wouldn't have done it in the first place", Macao said and others agreed.

"You're just trying to weasel your way out of this mess", Wakaba huffed.

"You will end up in jail and you can't stop it from happening", Elfman growled. "You're not manly at all, you're just one of Yuidose's dogs and responsible of everything just as much as they are."

"No! I... I had no other choice!" Ketkel shouted, looking at them horrified. "I had to do as they told... What he said..."

"Who?" Gray asked narrowing his eyes.

"Humphrey!" Ketkel almost screamed, big tears rolling down his cheeks and his face was full of pain. "I can't... I can't resist him!"

"What?" Roscoe asked and now they all looked more confused than angry.

"I love him! I love him so much it hurts!" Ketkel cried out, hugging himself. "I just... I want to please him, give him anything he wants so maybe... Maybe one day he will be mine."

"Oh shit, he's nuts", Bickslow sighed and face-palmed.

"Cuckoo! Cuckoo!" his 'babies' hollered while flying around them.

"No", Freed frowned lifting his hand. "He's not crazy, I know what this is."

"A charm spell?" Evergreen asked looking at the rune mage. "Didn't Humphrey try that on you too?"

"Yes", Freed nodded, looking at Ketkel who was almost lying on the floor, sobbing and wiping tears and snot with his sleeve. He was a complete mess and not beautiful to look at, but he did feel sorry for him now that they knew more. "Humphrey has used that spell. Ketkel can't help it, he is madly in love and he would do anything Humphrey asks him to do. And Humphrey is cruelly using him in any way he wants."

"So, what? He's innocent?" Laxus asked.

"Not innocent", Makarov huffed. "But also, he's not just a cold blooded mass murderer."

"I never wanted to hurt anyone!" Ketkel wailed. "I never wanted to betray my town, my people! I just couldn't help it."

They all went silent and exchanged stares. No one really knew what they should do with Ketkel. They were still mad, but how could they stay mad at someone who was doing everything against their own will and couldn't help it?

Finally Erza sighed.

"Right now all we can do is to give him to the guards to take care of", she said. "We have to follow the law. Judges will decide what is his sentence. We can talk more with Ketkel later and find out about Yuidose's plans."

With that, Mest dragged Ketkel outside and the rest of them were left in silence. They scattered and slowly started to chat.

"How did you figure out it was Ketkel?" Laxus asked as they sat down too.

"Just an instinct", Freed shrugged.

"Bullshit, you never follow just your instinct."

"He somehow felt suspicious", Freed explained. "And we had met already once many years ago. He knew about Fairy Tail and he lived in the same town as Madam Roxanne. He could stay close to us and pry information from Roxanne -"

"Hey, Granny wouldn't just blurt everything to him", Roscoe frowned.

"That is not what I mean", Freed assured. He understood that Roxanne was still a very sensitive subject to talk about with Roscoe and Bickslow. They would not tolerate anyone to even suggest that Roxanne might have purposely or by accident done something wrong. "The point is, Ketkel had everything Yuidose needed so he made Humphrey make Ketkel fall in love with him. Of course I couldn't be sure about this before Warren confirmed it."

"He's gonna pay", Bickslow said.

"I'm sure of that", Erza nodded. "Even if they would decide he is not responsible of his actions because of the spell, this will haunt him for the rest of his life. He will never be free."

They all knew it was true. Ketkel would never be able to forget this, was he in jail or not.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 84 13
Laxus Dreyar is realizing things, but Freed is already over him. Or is he?
108K 4.1K 52
Freed Justine X Reader ♧ Y/n has been searching for her master for years but hasn't found a clue. She is a wizard and member of Fairy Tail. Fri...
378K 8K 76
Young female reader joins Fairy Tail after losing her home and family. In search of a new start, she finds Fairy Tail. There will be some lemon. I do...
11.9K 472 23
When you think of Fairy Tail, a certain set of names comes to mind right away. Laxus Dreyar, Erza Scarlet, Mystogan, and Shadow. The later two are kn...