BREATH-TAKEN[A Fred Weasley F...

By Emmajolt_06

In the achingly beautiful novel, "Breath taken," two souls discover a love so profound that it transcends tim... More

Chapter 1:Platform 9 3/4
Chapter 2:The Feast
Chapter 3: The Portkey
Chapter 4: Separated
Chapter 5: Triwizard Tournament
Chapter 6: The Unforgivable Curses
Chapter 7: Weirdos with Beardos
Chapter 8: The Four Champions
Chapter 9: The First Task
Chapter 10: The Dance Class
Chapter 11: The Yule Ball
Chapter 12: The Second Task
Chapter 13: Devastated
Chapter 14: Back Together Again
Chapter 15: The Third Task
Chapter 16: Mourning
Chapter 17: Grief-Stricken
Chapter 18: Grief-Stricken(continued)
Chapter 19: Ready to fight
Chapter 20: Back to Hogwarts
Chapter 21: Detention With Umbridge
Chapter 22: It hurts!
Chapter 23: Dumbledore's Army
Chapter 24: Wands in a Knot
Chapter 25: Merry Christmas
Chapter 26: The New Headmistress
Chapter 27: The Department of Mysteries
Chapter 29: Blood
Chapter 30: Veracity
Chapter 31: Promise
Chapter 32: Harry's Here!
Chapter 33: Draco
Chapter 34: Felix Felicis
Chapter 35: Hogsmeade
Chapter 36: Christmas Party
Chapter 37: The Fire
Chapter 38: The Proposal
Chapter 39: A Day spent well
Chapter 40: Poisoned
Chapter 41: Sectumsempra
Chapter 42: Butterfly Effects
Chapter 43: The Battle of the Astronomy tower
Chapter 44: Resolving
Chapter 45: Preparations
Chapter 46: The Wedding
Chapter 47: Long time no see
Chapter 48: Do you have to go?!
Chapter 49: Saint-like
Chapter 50: In a tight spot
Chapter 51: Unusual Forgetfulness
Chapter 52: Recreating
Chapter 53: Welcome back
Chapter 54: Back to Grimmauld Place
Chapter 55: On the run
Chapter 56: Memories
Chapter 57: It's been a year!
Chapter 58: Missing Again
Chapter 59: Attacked
Chapter 60: Despair
Chapter 61: Unexpected Guest
Chapter 62: Graveyard
Chapter 63: The Last Peaceful day
Chapter 64: We'll get through this together
Chapter 65: The Battle
Chapter 66: The Battle(Continued)
Chapter 67: The Battle
Chapter 68: Drunk
Chapter 69: Funeral
Chapter 70: The Dairy
Chapter 71: I never left!
Chapter 72: Reunited

Chapter 28: Missing

107 3 0
By Emmajolt_06

 Everyone was clapping and laughing. We figured the students needed a laugh. We tossed one last firework which formed a huge W in the sky. 'W' stood for Weasleys. Then we flew into the clouds. We had to go back to our room for our trunks. We went to the common room but I wanted to get something.

"Freddie! Where are you going!?" George asked.

"I'll be back! I just need to take something!" I asked and I ran towards Umbridge's office.
I walked into her office and searched the drawers for the pages Ann had written during her detention. I finally found the papers. I found six papers!! How the hell did she manage to write SIX WHOLE PAGES!!
I ran back to our room and saw George was reading a paper.

"What are you reading Georgie!?" I asked him.

"We have to find Ann!" he said running out the room.

"What!! Why!? George what happened?" I asked, running behind him. He didn't reply. We entered her room and saw Ann's trunk but she wasn't there.

"Georgie! What's wrong!?" I asked. He gave me a paper. I could see he was tensed. It was from Ann.

Dear Freddie and Georgie,
Harry is in trouble, It's not only him, everyone is in trouble, Ron, Hermione, Ginny and the others. I have to help them. You won't find me here. Don't look for me.

Freddie, if anything happens to me, remember one thing I have always loved you and will always love you. Don't cry over me if I die and if you ever like another girl, don't hesitate in asking her to marry you. As long as you are happy, I am always happy.

Georgie ,please look after Freddie for me and never change. Stay the same and find a girl soon.

Don't you both ever forget me! I will kill you if you forget me!
I will always cherish the times we've spent together.
Thank you for being with me, for bearing my stupidness all this years!

I love you both a lot!

Love,
Ann.

I began to well up, reading the letter! I didn't know what to do. I kicked the wall.

"WHY DOES SHE LIKE TO RISK HER LIFE FOR OTHERS!!? SHE ONLY CARES FOR THEM!! SHE DOESN'T REALIZE WHAT EFFECT IT WOULD HAVE ON ME!" I shouted in frustration.

"Freddie! Now is not the time! We have to let mum know!" George said.

We wanted to apparate, but we couldn't do it in Hogwarts, do we decided to apparate from Hogsmeade. I took her trunk and other belongings and ran towards our room. I used to undetectable extension charm on my trunk and put her trunk inside mine and we were off to Hogmeade on our brooms. We landed in an isolated place in Hogmeade and immediately apparated outside Grimmauld place and went inside. Mum had told us she wouldn't go back to the Burrow until the end of the term.

"MUM!! YOU HAVE TO HELP HER!! I started screaming as we ran around the house searching for them.

"FRED! GEORGE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?" mum asked.

"MUM! ANN!! YOU HAVE TO HELP HER!" I told

"Fred! What's wrong!" Sirius asked.

"ANN.... SHE LEFT A LETTER.... AND.... AND.... I DON'T" I was saying. I was tensed. Words weren't forming in my mouth.

"Fred relax! Where is she!?" Remus asked. I didn't know where she was! I gave him the letter Ann had written and both Sirius and Remus read it.

"Harry... you don't think!?" Remus was saying.

"Yes! He has! We have to go! She's just like her mother! She can't handle them all by themselves. Even if she does, they'll get her!" Sirius. I didn't know what to say. Who would get her?! And why?

"Sirius what's going on!?" mum asked.

"He is there! It's an ambush! They need help!" Sirius said.

"They are there?" dad asked.

"Yes and we have to leave! NOW!!" Sirius said.

"Why do these teenagers not use their minds!?" Tonks said.

"I am coming!!" I said, volunteering myself.

"No Fred! You did a great job telling us! You'll want to be there when she comes!" Sirius said turning around.

"You'll bring her back, won't you!?" I asked Remus.

"I'll try!" he said.
Mad-eye and Kingsley too came.

"Arthur, Molly! Stay here with the boys!" Sirius said. The others went outside to apparate while Sirius used to Floo network.

"Mum!? she gonna be alright right!?" I asked her.

"Let's hope she'll be fine!" mum said. I put my face in my hand and sat on the chair.

"She'll be alright Fred!" George said.

I didn't say anything. I just wanted her back, alive.

Time skip

It has been long since the others left. It has only been mum, dad, Georgie and me. I was sitting in the kitchen. I was losing my patience. I went to my room. I took my trunk and took out Ann's trunk.
I saw her dairy. I wanted to read it but I didn't. I saw she had kept all the gifts I had given her birthday. She had kept all the scarfs and sweaters mum had given her for Christmas. She had stuck photos of us and her parents to the roof of her trunk. I smiled seeing those photos. I heard people speaking from down.
I walked down the stairs, into the kitchen and saw they were back. Sadness was evident on their faces. My eyes searched for Ann.

"Ann?" I said softly. I couldn't find her.
Remus walked towards me and hugged me.

"Fred, I am sorry!" Remus said. I tear rolled down my cheek. I immediately wiped it and took a deep breathe. Remus pulled away from the hug.

"They got her! I tried to but another ..." he was saying.

"It's okay Remus!" I said and walked into my room.
I laid on my bed. Why did I have to live anymore?! She was my world! and she left me!
George came into the room. He too was in tears. He sat next to me on the bed.

"Freddie..." he said.

"I don't want to talk about it." I said, turning away from him.

"I think it's time we used those extendable ears." He said.

"No I don't want to! Leave me alone!" I said.
He left the room with the extendable ears. After minutes I heard him running into the room.

"Fred! Freddie! She's alive! She's still alive!" he whispered loudly.

"What!?" I asked him.

"Come on! Listen to this!" he said. I got out of bed and into the corridor. We stood in the corridor listening to what they are talking.

"What's going to happen Remus!?" Tonks asked.

"They are not going to kill her. They need her! But the war is coming. She was the only hope we had for the war to not begin again. But now we must prepare for the war." Remus said.

"But they need her only for the blood, how can you say they will keep her alive even after that!?" Tonks asked again. Blood? What blood? And how was she a hope for the war to not come? It was coming whether we like it or not!

"No, she must stay alive till the war. They need them both alive but..." mum said.

"But??" Tonks asked.

"Alive doesn't mean they will keep her healthy. They only need her breathing! She is going to have rough days." Mad-Eye said.

"She is just a child!" mum said.

"Well we can't anything now!" Remus said.

"I don't know how Fred is going to take this!" Tonks said.

"He already knows!" Mad-Eye said. George started pulling the extendable ear up

"What are you talking about!?" dad said. Then suddenly the ear moved into the room they were sitting in. Mad-eye probably used the 'Accio' spell.

"BOYS! GET DOWN HERE!" mum called us.

We went down, prepared to get rebuked by mum. We entered the kitchen. I saw Sirius was missing.

"Where is Sirius?!" I asked.

"He couldn't make it." Remus said.

"Sit down boys!" mum said. We sat down and I put my head down.

"What blood?" I asked, lifting my head. No one answered.
"Never mind" I said. they didn't bother to answer.

"Why can't you answer atleast now!?" George asked.

"Georgie...leave it!" I said putting my hand on his shoulder.

"Hungry boys?" mum asked. Neither of us said anything.
"We are going back to the burrow today. Ron and Ginny will be there tomorrow." Mum said. I nodded but didn't say anything.

I left the room and went up to the room we had kissed. I sat on the window sill, looking out the window.
Then I went into my room and I opened her trunk and took out the photo album we had gifted her on Christmas. We looked so happy then. She looked happy then. Why can't we go back to how we were?!
I couldn't look at those photos anymore. George came into the room. He saw me with the photo album.

"I remember this day! We had given her a giggle water shot, telling it was water!" he said.
I smiled remembering that day.

"Who knew our Ann would have to go through so much!" he said.

"She doesn't deserve this!" I said.

"Yeah she doesn't. Fred...we are going to the burrow. Mum's calling us." He said.

"Yeah I'll come." I said as I flipped through the pages of the album.
I put everything back into her trunk and her trunk into mine. George and I went down and saw mum and dad were already ready.

We were back at the Burrow. We walked inside and I walked straight into room. I took out Ann's trunk and walked up the stairs to her room. I kept her trunk in her room and walked back to my room. I couldn't stay in her room. There were too many good memories in there. Mum called us for dinner. But I didn't even go down for dinner. I sat in the room staring at the wall. George brought me some food. I told him I would eat but I did not. I couldn't sleep. I went down to the kitchen and sat down on one of the chairs at the dining table. I don't know how but I eventually drifted off to sleep thinking about her.

THE NEXT DAY

"Fred! Freddie!!" I heard someone. I immediately woke up.

"What! What! Is Ann back?!" Where is she!?" I asked waking up. I hoped she'd come back.

"Freddie. it's me Ron and Ginny!" Ron said.

"Oh hey guys! How are you!? Hope nothing happened to you!" I said as Ron pulled me into a hug.

I saw everyone had sat at the dining table.

"Ann was there with us! She would not let us get hurt!" Ginny said.

"Why did you have to go!? Why did she come?" I asked them.

"We thought Sirius was... But she told us not to go. She told it was just a trap! But..." Ron was saying.

"She told you not to got but still you went!?" mum asked.

"Mum but Sirius... and she told she wouldn't come! I asked her to come with us but she refused to come. She told Harry that they would come once we went there! She said if they got her, the second war was bound to come. I didn't quite understand how she was responsible for that." Ron said. Wait!! Even Remus said the same thing.

"Didn't Remus say the same thing!?" George said looking at me.

"Yeah he did!" I said thinking of the reason.

"But then somehow she came when the death-eaters caught us. I thought we were about to die. Harry was about give the prophecy to Malfoy when she attacked him!" Ginny said.

"I have to say. She gave him one hell of a fight! Then she told Harry to scold you!" Ron said looking at me.

"ME?" I asked him.

"Remember that day, when her mum died and she had pushed us to the ground?" Ginny said.

"Yeah" I said.

"Maybe that happens when she gets angry! She asked Harry to scold you and Ron started shouted that you never loved her, that you would rather die than love her. She got angry. Then Harry said she was the reason her parents were dead and it happened again. All of us were pushed back and the death eaters had let go of us!" Ginny said. 'Rather die than love her' NEVER!! I'd rather die than to live without her.

"I thought we told her not to do that!" mum said.

"She saved our lives by doing that! We wouldn't be here if it weren't for her!" Ron said. I was very happy that my siblings were safe and back home. But I'd be happier if she was there with me.

"Wait! Mum, does she have a sister!?" Gin asked mum.

"Why do you ask dear!?" mum asked. The looks on mum's and dad's changed. But I didn't ask them. They wouldn't tell me!

"Bellatrix asked her if she wanted to meet her sister...she said she would never!" Gin said
"Then Sirius came and they were dueling with few others. Then Bellatrix killed Sirius. She turned back to attack her but Bellatrix hit her with a spell and she fell near Ron. Then she...." Ginny stopped saying. There was silence for a few seconds. Ginny looked at Ron.

"Then she what!?" I asked Ron. He didn't say anything.

"Ron!! What happened!?" I asked.

"Fred...she told me to tell you...she told me to tell you that she always loved you and will always love you!" Ron said. My eyes began to tear up. She thought of me even at the last moment.

"She also told me to tell you to not cry over her!" Ron said. Tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Sounds like she knew she was going on a suicide mission huh!?" I said, forcing a smile on my face and trying to hide my tears.

"Fred! We are really sorry! All this wouldn't have happened if we had listened to her." Ron said.

"It's okay Ron! She's a strong idiot! Nothing will happen to her! She'll come back!" I said forcing a smile on my face. I stood up and walked away from them. I walked up the stairs, into her room. I knelt down by her bed and bent over such that my head was lying on the bed. Once the first tear broke free, the rest followed in an unbroken stream. I had bottled my emotions till now. I couldn't anymore! I cried my heart out!

"Freddie..." I heard George from behind me.

"Fred!" he said pulling me such that I faced him.

"I don't know what's going to happen to her Georgie! She is a strong person I know! But she can't take on all of them! They are animals....worse than animals! Animals are better than them! I don't know how she's going to survive! I am scared for her! I am worried! I know she told me not to cry over her but I don't know what I am going to do without her! She won't survive with them around her George..." I said as I continued to cry.

"Don't say that Fred! She will be fine! She will survive! Like you said...she is a strong 'IDIOT'!!" he said hugging me and stressing on the word 'idiot'.

"I love her Georgie! I love her with all my heart! It hurts when she is not with me!! I can live in a world where she hates me, but I can't live a world where she is dead!" I said, crying.

"What are you talking about!? Why would she hate you!? And SHE IS NOT DEAD!! DON'T YOU EVER TELL THAT EVER AGAIN!!" I heard Ginny saying. I turned to see Ginny and Ron, standing at the door.

"Ron, Gin! What are you doing here!?" I asked sitting back, trying to calm myself and wiping my tears off my face.

"Fred! I am really sorry! It's our fault! We should have listened to her! If we had neither would she be stuck with them nor would you be like this!" Ron said kneeling down before me.

"It's okay Ron! She knew what she was doing! I am forever in her debt! She saved my brother, my sister and dad! And I too am at fault!" I said.

"And how is that!?" Ginny asked.

"I should have been with her!" I said.
Gin wanted to say something but then the sky suddenly turned red and there was sound, like an explosion and they sky turned back to normal.

"What was that!?" I asked.

"I don't know! Let's go down!" George said.
We went down and saw the Order was there in the hall.

"Mum?" I called out to her. They were tensed.

"They've done it" Remus said.

"But she has to be at her weakest when they do it! You think she would have given up so soon!?" Kingsley asked.

"They are stone and cold hearted people. She is just a child. She is surrounded by them!?What do you expect!?" mum said.

"WAIT! WHAT DO MEAN 'AT HER WEAKEST'!! WILL ANY ONE TELL YOU TELL US WHAT'S GOING ON!! WHY ARE THEY BEHIND ANN!?" I yelled at them! I literally yelled at them.

"Freddie!! Relax! Ann is going to be fine!" Ginny said.

"GINNY!! DIDN'T YOU HERE WHAT HE SAID... 'AT HER WEAKEST'!!" I said pointing at Kingsley.

"Freddie! it's okay! Just relax!" George said pulling me go.

"Let me go!" I said, walking out of the house.
I walked by the lake when I saw her mum's grave. I knelt down before her grave.

"I thought I knew Ann, but I don't know who she is. All these years I have been with, I never realized...I never knew. But she is in trouble. You have to help her! I have no clue of where she. I am sorry, I told her would be with her, but I wasn't! I love her! Please!! You have to help her!" I said.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was George, Ron and Ginny. Ginny conjured a wreath of roses to lay on the grave. And they sat down next to me. I only wanted Ann back! Nothing else

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 38.1K 96
When Alice transfers from Beauxbatons to Hogwarts, everything changes, she leaves many things behind. Or at least she thinks she does. But then she m...
Wicked By lexi

Fanfiction

35K 775 36
A Fred Weasley x Y/N Fanfiction You're the 'And' in Fred and George, the 'Managed' to their 'Mischief' but what happens when life moves on, people g...
9.1K 227 56
This is a y/n and Fred Weasley love story fan fiction You are a Ravenclaw and transferring to Hogwarts entering your 5th year. You're friends consist...
76.2K 1.5K 89
Y/N arrives at Hogwarts ready to start a new life at school, she's fallen in love but it comes with way more challenges than she expected. Will they...