My Ideal Type Is Kang Taehyun...

By taesquiger

Wherein Beomgyu hires Taehyun -a fake boyfriend- from a rather peculiar website in order to make his ex jealo... More

Disclaimer
Finding the perfect one
Don't waste a second chance
Standards too high
Cook food, not stories
Baby bird's flapping wings
Yeobo is our thing
Bee stung heart
Hazel under the sunlight
Cute things deserve kisses
Apologizing isn't that hard
Candlelight dinners are romantic asf
Seven minutes in heaven
Outside of your world
Interlude: The First Chapter
People should live to satisfy their curiosity
Summation of All The Kisses
The moon is always beautiful
Here today, gone tomorrow
What goes around surely comes around
If you and I are together, we can run across the sky
Single minds are always ready to mingle
Stolen kisses and pretty lies
Close ain't close enough
Can't we just shut the world away?
Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
🔞
The calm before the storm
When you turn away, you become a stranger
Disappeared like a faint ghost
It's a rush that no one else has
All of the universe's conspiracy
Frigid air starts to thaw
Cuz it's you, you're the one that I want
My Ideal Type is Kang Taehyun
Author's Note (pls read ✨)
✨special ep.1✨
✨special ep.2✨
✨special ep.3✨
✨special ep.4✨
✨special ep.5✨
✨special ep.6✨
✨special ep.7✨
✨special ep.8✨
✨special ep.9✨
✨special ep.10✨
✨special ep. finale✨
New Book🎉

A man from the past

13.5K 660 2.8K
By taesquiger

Choi Beomgyu had the best life, which some of us could only dream of.

Born with breathtaking looks, be it his enticing visuals or his attractive body and a silver spoon in his mouth; add the outgoing or overtly expressive personality, not forgetting his friendly nature and Choi Beomgyu was the center of the whole student body in Big Hit University alias BHU.

Apart from that, he was one of the hottest topics of gossip amongst the Dance department, despite being a student from the Art department. Wanna know why?

Well, 1) because his best friend was the dance prodigy of their Junior year, named Hwang Hyunjin. 2) because his boyfriend was the 'It boy' of not only the Senior year or the dance department but the whole fucking campus.

Yes, he had The Choi Yeonjun for all himself. He had the man who was wanted by almost everyone.

Looks which can knock out someone's senses, captivating physique, a gaze to kill but a personality which can make people want to suck their toes, a slayer in every hair color, belongs to a rich family just like him if not more, an only child so they wouldn't have any conversations evolving siblings— This is the definition of Choi Beomgyu's ideal type.

Ever since he's started dating, he's always found such boys attractive. He hadn't decided it for himself; it's just those kinds of people stood out more to him than the ones who didn't have those traits.

Yeah, he's dated some less rich or some with too many siblings and even some not really good looking. And that's the reason they don't last, according to him.

However, Choi Yeonjun is the only ever guy who's ticked off all the boxes for Beomgyu's ideal type till this date.

From the looks to the fame– Choi Yeonjun had everything Beomgyu ever wanted in a partner.

And that's why Beomgyu believed they're the most perfect pair to ever exist. Like, the 'meant to be' type. Sure, they sometimes faced huge arguments but anyone needn't have to know that when they're acknowledged as the best couple on the entire campus.

Amazing, right? People took it for granted because of course, gorgeous people are to befriend and date the gorgeous ones only.

So, it was safe to say that Choi Beomgyu indeed had the best life.

Had.

Because everything came to an end the moment Beomgyu entered his so-called boyfriend's apartment for a surprise visit.

He had expected Yeonjun to be either sleeping, or doing his assignments, or maybe just grooving to the music as usual. But he totally didn't expect — that too when the clock screamed sharp 6 in the morning — to see a fucking stranger half-lidded, cuddling his boyfriend and to make things worse; both of them were shirtless.

Huh?

Beomgyu froze for a good moment, blinking rapidly as if it would make the scene go away. But his belly twisted in a hideous way when they suddenly started kissing each other—on the mouth specifically. So he did what a normal person would do in that situation.

"What the heck is going on here?"

The two of them jolted away from each other, noticing the sudden presence and now Beomgyu could easily interpret the stranger with purple hair as Choi Soobin, a Psychology major in the same year as Beomgyu. He's shared classes with him before if he isn't wrong.

Little did he know, the shy bunny looking boy was actually a boyfriend-burglar and he had targeted none other than Yeonjun, his Yeonjun, his perfect boyfriend Yeonjun.

Beomgyu saw the way Soobin covered himself with the sheets before reaching for his thick-rimmed round glasses and oh, did Yeonjun just squeeze his hand and give him a reassuring smile?

"Look, Gyu—"

"Don't call me that!" Beomgyu snapped, backing away. He would've bought any excuses but the smile Yeonjun just gave to Soobin and the other returning it didn't let him.

"I can explain, Beomgyu," Yeonjun replied as he put on his jeans hastily.

So, he isn't even denying it?

He raised a hand and asked, "Were you cheating on me, Yeonjun?"

"Please, listen—"

"Yes or no?" Beomgyu again asked sternly as his patience ran thin.

Yeonjun let out a breath and looked at Soobin, wearing an expression of guilt mixed with relief. The latter just kept his head down.

"Yes, I was cheating on you. But please, it's all my fault. Don't blame Soobin for this." The oldest of three replied without looking away from the soft boy whose eyes were already spilling tears.

Beomgyu snorted and he would be lying if he didn't want to jab Yeonjun's jaw right then and there but he also would be lying if he said he didn't want to break down at the same time.

He was pretty serious about their relationship, or at least he preferred to believe that.

However, he did nothing. Instead, he turned around on his feet and left the place. He didn't know why he was expecting Yeonjun to chase him and apologize but he doubted if the man even saw him leaving because he was too occupied staring at Soobin as if he was some precious cupcake.

And then he didn't bother to return to his apartment, rather he went to Hyunjin's dorm room only to disturb him and his boyfriend Jeongin banging each other but hey, that's his best friend!

Although he was tired from the long night journey from Daegu to Seoul, he still needed some shoulder to cry on more than resting. And even if he was the crowd's favorite, Hyunjin and Jeongin were the only ones he knew wouldn't ever judge him. His closest friends didn't ask him much, for they knew that would only ruin his mood.

This brings us to now when the three are seated at the cafeteria; Beomgyu with his red and puffy eyes as the other two sat across him at the table, glancing at each other worriedly.

Jeongin cleared his throat to catch their attention. "Beomgyu! I know you're going through a hard time but don't you think you need to confront Yeonjun hyung? I mean, yeah, he admitted that he was cheating on you but you guys need to talk, right?"

Hyunjin slightly smacked his lover's arm before shushing him. "Quiet!" he whispered before giving the crybaby before him a concerning look. "I agree with Jeonginnie though. You owe an explanation, okay? It's been three days since you found out and he still hasn't talked to you yet. What a loser!"

Beomgyu sniffed, nodding. He turned to his side when he felt his shoulders being poked. It's one of his upperclassmen from the GED classes, Arin with a confused — and equally curious — look.

"Hi, Beomgyu. A rumor has been going around that Yeonjun broke up with you to date an introvert...uhh, what's his name... Oh, whatever! So, is that true?"

The raven-haired scoffed. Okay, now he's annoyed. This is the fifth time someone has asked the same fucking question since he's entered the campus. Looking around, he found some of the students subtly or not-so-subtly trying to eavesdrop on their conversation.

How embarrassing!

He mustered up his sweetest smile because yeah, he's like a walking sun and he's always cheery and although he's been dumped – which is not new at all – and his mood is off, he doesn't want to say something he'll only regret later.

But before he could say anything, gasps were heard and some of them were already gossiping. Looking past Arin, his eyes widened when he saw Yeonjun walking through the cafeteria door towards him, hand-in-hand with Soobin.

And now, he was beyond pissed. Arin turned around and wasn't told twice to move away. Hyunjin and Jeongin looked at each other then looked at Beomgyu, his eyes begging them to not leave him alone but by the time Yeonjun and Soobin reached them, his friends gave him an encouraging nod in unison and left.

Yeonjun muttered a little 'thanks' as they were offered seats, looking around, his piercing gaze was enough to shoo the gossipers.

Beomgyu looked at Soobin who was trying his best to look comfortable and he really wanted to roll his eyes.

"We need to talk Beomgyu," Yeonjun started and Beomgyu straightened up. I owe an explanation as to why I'm being dumped, he reminded himself.

"Go ahead," Beomgyu motioned, trying to act like it doesn't matter to him that his boyfriend— ex-boyfriend was caught cheating on him and now already is being clingy with his new boyfriend.

"Soobin and I... we've been seeing each other for two m-months now,"

Beomgyu whipped his head towards the couple, a few gasps around them following. Consciously, he looked around so people would really just leave them alone.

"I'm really sorry, Beomgyu. I know it's ridiculous for me to say this but I was going to tell you all of these normally. I didn't want you to find out that—"

"That you were sleeping with him behind my back?" Beomgyu raised an eyebrow, sparing a glare at Soobin as well.

Yeonjun bit his lips before exhaling, "I totally understand you. I know you hate me now, I know I can't go back in time and prevent this situation from happening. It's just...I do like you but somehow I've fallen out of it. We're the same yet we end up arguing for the smallest matters. Soobin had tried to stop this but I was the one who wanted us to keep going,"— Soobin tried to hold back his tears, giving a little squeeze to Yeonjun's hands — "And I'm really sorry but I love Soobin, I really want to be with him."

Beomgyu internally rolled his eyes and didn't say a word for a while. He observed them as they were waiting for a reply and he could tell that they were prepared for the worst. Yeonjun, every now and then, glanced at Soobin to smile which said 'we'll face this together' and the latter looked up to meet Beomgyu's eyes to flash a somewhat guilty-yet-apologetic smile.

That's what irked him. He should've been the person receiving Yeonjun's 'we'll face this together' face. He should've been the one who prepared for the worst with Yeonjun.

But he wasn't. He wasn't the one with whom Yeonjun wanted to be. Soobin was.

So, he huffed out, "It's okay."

Both the males were stunned at his response. Oh, now that's the look he liked. Might as well play the 'kind one' so he doesn't turn up as the 'bad one'.

Beomgyu smiled sweetly, "Yeah. I mean if you two love each other then who am I to interrupt? All the best together!"

Soobin looked at him disbelievingly, narrowing his eyes. Was he that obvious at lying?

Fuck! I forgot he's a psychology major. Can he detect lies too?

The youngest of the three cleared his throat and sat comfortably to make himself more confident.

"That's so nice of you, Beomgyu," Yeonjun smiled genuinely and looked at Soobin. "Babe, I told you that he's an angel, right?"

Babe!?

Beomgyu clenched his jaw.

Soobin just gave him a tight smile. Yeonjun reached for Beomgyu's hand over the table, making him lose his composure.

"Thank you so much, Gyu—Beomgyu! I hope you'll find someone right for you very soon."

Yeonjun, with a final smile, left his hand and stood up. He took Soobin's hand again and walked away without sparing a glance.

Beomgyu was beyond shook. He kept staring at the hand which Yeonjun had held when Jeongin and Hyunjin came back to their seats.

"Beomgyu, are you okay?" Hyunjin asked from his side, the latter's voice filled with concern.

"He touched my hand and left just like that as if we never had anything, to begin with," Beomgyu started incredulously. "And Soobin was glaring at me! I mean, he's the one who dared to steal my boyfriend and I should've been the one to glare. The audacity!"

Beomgyu folded his arms and huffed. Jeongin bit his lips before replying,

"Well, don't get me wrong, Gyu. But I think that you two really didn't have that spark,"

The raven-haired glared at Jeongin, making him laugh nervously.

"Yeah, it always looked like you both were two bros claiming to be each other's boyfriend." Hyunjin piped in, earning himself a malicious glare too.

Beomgyu closed his eyes and breathed out.

"Leave it for now! We're here to get food, so why don't we just focus on that?"

Jeongin's suggestion made the thick air less sickening. After all, they were all foodies, and at times like this Beomgyu loved to gulp down his favorite cheese sandwiches. And so, in no time they were before the counter.

"One cheese sandwich, and hurry up!." Beomgyu ordered after Hyunjin and Jeongin.

"Me too. One cheese sandwich for me too." said another voice behind them, which clearly sounded like someone in a rush. But the trio didn't bother to look at the person.

Not even a minute later, the counter guy looked up with a guilty expression, gaining their attention.

"I'm sorry but there's only one cheese sandwich left so, I can only give it to one of you."

Before Beomgyu could even respond the other voice piped in, "Give it to me then."

Annoyed for the umpteenth time, Beomgyu clicked his tongue and looked behind them.

Yes, Choi Beomgyu was a sweetheart. He was kind and considerate as well. But deep inside, he was arrogant and selfish and rude and he always got what he wanted.

The boy, however, had eye-catching visuals, and he was taller than the three of them. But one look at the ID card strap told them that he was in his sophomore year, which clearly meant he was younger than them.

What is he? A foreigner? Half-Korean?

Beomgyu, without dwelling on his thoughts, argued, "Look, kid! I'm going through a mental breakdown and I really need—"

"Mental breakdown because your boyfriend cheated on you? Really? You guys didn't even look like a couple," the boy rolled his eyes.

What the...

"Close your mouth else or else, flies will enter. And if you don't have anything to say then I'm taking the sandwich."

The said half-Korean reached for the nicely packed sandwich on the counter but hey, Choi Beomgyu may have the heart to give his boyfriend away but not his favorite food, definitely not a cheese sandwich. He wasn't the one to give up that easily so he snatched it before the other could even touch it.

"I'm your sunbae, kid."

"Aren't sunbaes supposed to be sweet to their hoobaes? I didn't have breakfast and I have to take a test now, so give me back my sandwich!"

But Beomgyu didn't let that get him, taking a generous bite with a cocky expression. And oh, he loved the other's fuming eyes. Both of them took steps towards each other before Hyunjin tugged his arms.

"Beomgyu, everyone's watching! please don't create a drama,"

"But he started it!" Beomgyu exclaimed.

And amidst their little contention, he saw a blob of scarlet hair from the corner of his eyes striding towards them yelling, "Hueningkai!"

Beomgyu took that as the half-Korean boy's name but before he turned around the redhead was already dragging away the curly head—Hueningkai while smacking on his back.

Thank God at least someone's smart! he thought to himself, trying to get a look at the redhead's face but they were already too far.

Beomgyu shrugged. He was content that he got the last piece of his favorite cheese sandwich. He paid and the rest of the day went on normally. Surely, some of the students stopped him for the gossip, and all he could do was smile and act as if he was the sweetest and if Yeonjun didn't want to be with him, he was kind enough to let him go.

But every time he would catch a glimpse of Soobin and Yeonjun together, his belly twisted in an unusual manner. Yeonjun never made time to meet him between his classes, let alone buy drinks.

"Really? The psychology department is way farther from his department than mine is. But he never had time to pick me up! And what's with them smiling at each other every two seconds?" Beomgyu muttered under his breath when he encountered the couple once again, walking a few steps ahead of him while swaying their hands.

That's how his mind made up that he still loved Yeonjun and he wanted to do all of those with him. Well, he was a bit upset because Yeonjun never really initiated any romantic moves with him apart from kisses but he was caught sleeping with Soobin shirtless. And if it was true that they were seeing each other for two months, Beomgyu really didn't want to think about how many times they had already slept together — and had done who knows what — behind his back.

At the end of the day, all of his messed feelings led him to his—and Yeonjun's favorite bar, and to their all-time favorite seat where they'd first met. Yeah, that night was nice, half because of the weather and half because they were rubbing into each other with their tipsy minds, and busy hands. And now, only existed in the past.

He also invited Hyunjin tonight but that lad wanted to be with his boyfriend instead.

"Umm, Jeongin's house-pet died very suddenly so, I want to cheer him up." Hyunjin had said.

Sure, Beomgyu was vexed by the number of frustrating situations before him. Although he cursed his best friend for leaving him alone, deep down he adored how the latter was being with his boyfriend.

After all, boyfriends were supposed to be like that, not like him and Yeonjun.

After his third booze, the door chimed and entered the ever majestic blonde male with yellow tips and how badly he wanted to smack himself when he found Yeonjun's presence worth drooling over.

But the older just saw him—wasn't even fazed—and waved, before walking towards the counter. Beomgyu just stared at the back of his head, internally begging to glance his way for once. He looked around carefully and wow! For the first in the whole day, Yeonjun was there without Soobin...?

And he smirked.

If Soobin has snatched Yeonjun away from me, then all I need to do is snatch him back.

The little devil in his left shoulder did its work and Beomgyu gulped down another shot before pushing himself off the seat to make his way towards the yellow head who was waiting for his order while taking a call. He stood right behind the older and just the moment he was about to tap his shoulder—

"Don't worry, Babe! Beomgyu is just a man from the past now. There's no way I'll be going back to him,"

Beomgyu paused, slowly retreating his hand.

"You're the only and the most important one in my life. I love you so much, Soobinnie."

Was that it?

Was it really over?

That's what he was to Yeonjun?

Where did all the feelings disappear?

Were there any in the first place?

Since when was Yeonjun falling out of him when he was the one who proposed? And why?

With backward steps, Beomgyu was lost in his own questions.

He didn't move— couldn't actually. He didn't strike a conversation with the older, because he knew it was useless.

All he could do was stand there like a numb statue and watch his ex talk with his new boyfriend as if they were having the best time of their life.

After all, he was just a man from the past.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.7K 3.6K 37
"Sorry, I'm an anti-romantic." ・゜゜・.・゜゜・.・゜゜・ Choi Beomgyu, a broken male with a fake smile always planted on his face which wears off sooner than he...
25.4K 1.1K 20
( 🍓 ) My Enemy ❕ - "Hyung, He's so handsome!" "Stay Away from him, He's mine." "Ugh not you again, Yeonjun." Where Yeonjun and Hueningkai fighting...
37.9K 1.3K 18
~°•☆•°~ 19 year old beomgyu gets forced to marry a cold heartless millionaire ceo of a company just for the sake of his parents bankrupting company...
6.7K 435 12
~°•☆•°~ 20 year old beomgyus parents were asking him to get married, he told them he has a bf but he accidentally gave the schools nerds name as his...