Not Just Another God ✓

By waffelton

FEATURED ON @FANFIC "Life is only precious because we die." A demigod, an ex-goddess and a well kept secret... More

welcome + achievements
Chapter 1: The Whole Being (a) god thing
Chapter 2: Mom saves me from a deadly study session
Chapter 3: I get a new step-dad (and I don't think he likes me)
Chapter 4: I am forced to help a god
Chapter 5: Someone needs to teach Apollo manners
Chapter 6: I am not allowed cookies
Chapter 7: Paul's car gets yet another dent
Chapter 8: Now would be a goode time for my godly powers to kick in
Chapter 9: Meg gets her own personal Groot
Chapter 10: More monsters! Yippee!
Chapter 11: Seriously, what is up with these gods?
Chapter 12: I may have blown up my kitchen
Chapter 13: Annabeth, meet Loki
Chapter 15: We talk like smart people do sometimes
Chapter 16: Suffering, Sicknesses, and Sally
Chapter 17: I officially hate guessing games
Chapter 18: If something bad happens to you, blame me
Chapter 19: I am the Magnus and I speak for the trees
Chapter 20: We get captured by the Golden goose-er rooster
Chapter 21: Where in the world...
Chapter 22: Thought my scribe forgot about the dark stuff? Lol, nope.
Chapter 23: When you're getting changed, check that there's no one in the room
Chapter 24: Green is sus
Chapter 25: We play 'Blind Man's Bluff'
Chapter 26: This is all your fault, Jafar
Chapter 27: Home
Chapter 28: I have a tea party with someone I forgot
Chapter 29: It's quiet uptown
Chapter 30: The end of a beginning and the beginning of an end
Bonus Chapter :)

Chapter 14: Oh, so it's a crossover now, is it?

1.1K 54 9
By waffelton

"Let's try this again, shall we?" Loki said, his voice thoughtful, probably thinking of what went wrong last time.

I nodded seriously. I was going to get this right. I was.

I closed my eyes and concentrated, slipping into the void of darkness.

Loki's voice slipped through the void, and his instructions filled my mind once again, but this time, I studied them carefully, trying to leave no margin for error.

I felt the warm sheet hovering over me and I grabbed it and let it rest on my shoulders. It sunk in and I felt it slowly cover every inch of me.

"Very good," I heard a far off voice say, "come out of it, careful now."

I blinked out of my trance, exhausted and Annabeth raised an amused eyebrow.

"What?" I asked, attempting to look at her with an stern look.

"You didn't shift like the other gods did, you kind of flashed and changed for a brief moment," she said and I flinched.

"Please don't refer to me with that term."

"Whatever you say, Seaweed. But facts are facts. You just have to accept that."

I groaned as Loki nodded.

"She's right, you know," he said and Annabeth raised a dubious eyebrow, "you need to accept the fact that you are half Norse in order for the cure to work, if it works at all."

"What is the cure?" I asked.

"I cannot say," Loki said, cryptically, "it may not work if I do. There is always someone listening."

I nodded. That made sense.

"There is something I need to show you," Loki said, with a rare look of sincerity on his face.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked, standing up quickly. I groaned and clutched my head as the floor became unsteady and the room tipped.

Annabeth ran to steady me. I leant heavily on her as she helped me get to the sofa.

"No," he said, taking a worn leather pouch out of his pocket, "but there is a decision to be made."

"What do you mean?"

He took out a polished round domino-like thing from the bag.

"This is a rune," he explained, "and not just any rune. This is my rune.
Kaunaz."

He handed the rune to me and I studied it, studying its smooth texture and the pattern carved in it, which was like the letter chi cut in half but only the right side of it.

"Why are you showing me this?" I asked, placing the rune back in the bag.

"Because," Loki said, looking away, "there are two main types of magic. Seiðr and runes. Rune magic is more natural, their magic is based on the elements: fire, earth, water, air. They are harder to learn, but once used, can be very powerful. Seiðr is for enchanting. Trickery, telling the future, that sort of thing. I think that is why you were not able to wield it very well. You are not an Enchanter. You are a Warrior."

"Which means?"

"It means that I can no longer help you. I do not dabble in the art of the runes. That is Odin's job. However, I will be here to assist you, and when you are ready, I will take you to the possible cure."

"Thank you," I said.

"Oh, I haven't done much," Loki whispered, standing up, "but I appreciate your thanks. And for you accepting me and giving me a chance."

"Uh, no problem," I said, "but what am I supposed to do now?"

Loki smiled a smile that the Joker would be jealous of.

"My dearest Perseus," he said patting my shoulder, "you will just have to wait and see."

"Wait!" I called out as he started to vanish away, "what do you mean?"

Annabeth squeezed my hand.

"It's better without him," she said, "I don't trust him."

"Yeah, like that wasn't obvious," I muttered, "but why would he just leave like that?"

"He probably some kind of plan. Or a vague outline of what is going to happen."

"Huh," I said, making my way to the dinner table, pushing my papers out of the way.

"Have you been studying?" Annabeth asked in a teasing voice, picking up a worksheet.

"Yes!" I protested, "I have!"

"Really?"

"A little?"

She raised an eyebrow.

I threw my hands up in surrender.
"Fine!" I said, "I haven't been studying. But I've been really busy lately!"

"Percy," Annabeth scolded, "you need to study. You want to go to college with me, right?"

"You know I want to."

"Then study!" She said, but her mouth twitched and she burst out laughing.

Soon enough our laughter was all that could be heard.

"Gods, I don't know when was the last time I laughed like that," I said and she smiled.

"That's why you need me here, Seaweed," she said, planting a kiss on my cheek.

"I don't know what I'd do without you," I replied.

A sharp ring sounded through the apartment, making us both jump.

"I'll get it," I said, standing up and making my way to the door."

I flung open the door, not really knowing what I was expecting.

I took in the tall, pale visitor standing at my door. He stared at me with huge, gray eyes that accentuated his short, pale blonde spiky hair.

He extended his fingers and signed the word hello, which was as far as my ASL knowledge went.

"Uh, I don't sign," I said, nervously. Something about this guy made me nervous.

"I thought so," said a voice from behind my visitor, "that's why I decided to come to translate for Hearthstone. "

The figure stepped out and I caught a glimpse of buttery-blonde hair and familiar looking gray eyes.

"Hi," he said, signing as he spoke, "I'm Magnus."

A/N: I added some stuff to Chapter 10 and 11 and made it a whole lot darker. If you want to reread it go ahead, but if you don't want to here is a brief summary.

So, basically, the police officers that caught Percy were not human, but draugar-Norse zombies that slowly drive people mad by inflicting nightmares and flashbacks of terrible things. So now Percy will keep getting flashbacks of him killing his friends and family but Loki may or may not have a solution.

This is also why I didn't do the double update like promised because in my brain, I HAD already written two things...

Oh and this is kaunaz, Loki's rune.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57K 2.5K 38
ON HIATUS (26/03/2024: I will be back as soon as possible, but uni is keeping me very busy, so I can't say when, sorry) SEQUEL TO THE PATH OF GLORY "...
261 5 10
*DISCLAMER* This is a fanfiction novel! Rick Riordan is the proud and proper owner of the Percy Jackson series. --- This story introduces a new chara...
21.2K 1.2K 46
The war with Gaea has finally ended, but with war comes death and survivors, and in demigod Percy Jackson's case, survivor's guilt. His girlfriend, A...
85.2K 5.1K 126
Humans have forgotten, or are just ignorant. Perhaps they just moved on from the past. That's unfortunately not the case for most Demigods. Children...