Allea

By itsRujihere

[Part 1 | Completed ✓] Allea's life can be summed up in one word; waste. Looking back all she saw was a girl... More

zεяσ
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
Part 1/End
Update: Hi, Ruji here.
Allea | Part 2

thirty-five

11.9K 463 34
By itsRujihere

"He gave you this? It seems more exclusive than an exclusive invitation."

Hearing Elijah's words after explaining everything to him about how I got the card, I nodded through a mouthful of fried rice and bulgogi, giving a sharp look to the card in his hand, I shrugged offhandedly. Swallowing my food, I pointed my chopstick toward the subject of our current discussion and mumbled, "Like I care."

He put the card aside and glanced at me with his narrowed hazel eyes, "Then why did you accept this?" He demanded with his stupid grin.

Not minding his scrutinizing gaze, I simply responded, keeping the words clear and casual, "I don't know, I already declined his lunch offer, taking a card didn't seem so bad."

His gaze momentarily moved away from me, after a pause he nodded and took his chopsticks again to continue eating the delicious food in front of us, "Right, the point is whether you go or not."

"What do you say?"

"You never went to such places, then what changed now?"

He was right, but I had no answer to the words he said so nonchalantly, for him, everyone is a stranger to me and I should know nothing about them except their names, but I do and I don't want to tell him how. I know no matter what, the world can turn its back on me except Elijah, even if I told him about my past, he would be the only person who will not hate me but... I still don't want or one could say somewhere inside me have no courage to take the chance.

Without changing my tone or face, "It's not bad to experience what the outer world holds once in a while, right?" casually urged I.

"Right, but if you're indecisive and not planning to use it, give me this invitation."

Doubtful at his request, I raised my eyes from my food and asked with a tilt of my head, "Huh, you want to go?"

Waving his chopstick, he dismissed my words, "Nuh, I'll sell this," was his proud-toned response, with a wide smile. My brows further lowered as he continued, "First, it has Aris Salvadge's signature. Second, the rare platinum seal to enter the Z'nA, this will sell in millions!"

No one understands better than me that without a doubt this will cost thousands, and I know Eijha's just saying but these words sound a little peculiar hearing from a millionaire. So, I couldn't help the chuckle that left my lips and shaking my head added, "You're so greedy."

He gave me a face of so-what and in an upright tone asserted, "Can't help, I'm a businessman." After a pause steered at me and accused, "And I learned this from you."

Aiming my chopsticks at him, I warned with narrowed eyes, "Don't make me hit you." To which he gave me a half-shoulder shrug and nonchalantly continued stuffing his mouth.

After a pause of us just eating our food, I heard him asking with an edgy seriousness in his tone, "But, are you really planning to go?"

With a thoughtful look masking my face, I gave Elijah a slight nod, "I might."

His eyes shifted from his food to the card at the side, as he proclaimed his doubt, his tone changing from teasing to edgy, "Why did he even give you this? Is it a date...or something?"

I lowered my eyes from his face, "Something, and what something, that I would like to know." 

Catching my words, the traces of smile left his face, and his brows lowered. I don't know why but I just wanted him to know that I was going somewhere, yet I don't want him to accompany me, so, I didn't wait for his response and tried to change the topic, "You told me on text, you're leaving for Boston?"

I can see that he apprehended how I shifted the topic as his expressions distressed when he met my eyes, questioning my words he raised his dilemma, "I can cancel the plan."

Three days later, on Saturday's the opening of the club that also comes in his visit to Boston, to come with me, he was suggesting to cancel and disrupt his schedule and decision he made after struggling with it, this boy -internally shaking my head-, "Now, why would you do that?"

"For the first time, Allea's planning to explore the world, as your friend, I, at least, deserves a ride-along."

"Do you think I will be lost alone?"

The moments these words left my mouth, I was going to make an excuse to dismiss his thoughts that I was avoiding his company, but his response was immediate, with the face of dawned realization and hurt tone, "Oh, you don't want me to third-wheeling on your date, yeah, got it."

Although I can see he was acting and joking, still his words weighed me, "Don't be silly, I...you know it's a nightclub, and you're 'the' Elijah..." I paused while composing useless excuses. No matter how much of a good liar I think I'm, I know Elijah always knows when I'm lying and hiding something but he rarely points it out. I just didn't want to bring this topic, I know Elijah was here to divert his mind from whatever was going on his side.

I sighed, "Elijah, you have a lot of personal things going on. I know things are hard on your side, just focus on yourself."

"I'll handle that, don't worry about me." I heard him say assertively.

Elijah's parents have contacted him, a mother who left him when he was an infant and a father when he was fourteen, but now they are back. Claiming their parental rights on Elijah and his...money. These past weeks he wasn't willing and next's Kai's birthday, now wanting to deal with this matter as soon as possible he chose this weekend. 

He neither likes to show his distress nor wants me to worry about him. He has seen enough, but the things seem to never end for him or leave him alone. I know Elijah's way stronger than he was in the past, but he still needs to settle things on his end first. He has his own life, I can't always drag him along in the things I'm doubtful about. The way I protect Kai, Elijah's no different for me —what I don't want for Kai, how could I drag him selfishly into such a thing?

When I met his eyes, all the prior playfulness was washed away from his face. His tone suddenly went too grave, "I know this's something you don't want me to involve, I long ago noted your hostility toward this," Elijah pointed toward the card, or specifically, the name is written inside it.

To assure him that I'm certain and get a positive response from him, that will assure me that he too can handle the emotional burden, I asked in veiled words, "We are both adults, we can handle our mess, can't we?"

"We can," He nodded, with a reassuring smile, and continued with a chuckle as if remembering something funny, "I have seen you handling men triple the age of mine, I don't think these minor ones stand a chance in front of you." I too lightly laughed along with him, to lighten the environment that suddenly riled up with so many unsaid words.

His expressions halted as looked at me thoughtfully, "I know you don't need me, and you're enough on your own, but...just call me."

He was waiting for me to accept his demand, I smiled and agreed, "You too." Because we both have no one else but each other to depend on and call whenever we need someone.

As our random discussion of here and there ended, soon we were done with our meal and exited our usual Korean food restaurant. Ben was waiting to pick me up, we bid our goodbye with a hug. Before stepping inside my car, I saw Elijah zooming away from my sight in his ride, and made a little wish inside my heart —may all the patience and blessings be on his side. 

Elijah may not make it apparent, but I know how much of a big hole his parents abandoning him left in his life, and now facing them again and they want him back, a grown capable Elijah, back in their lives to support them, just because he's their son, a son they didn't even want. I know he loved his father, in the rare moments when he talks about him, Elijah's bitter narration of him sums up to him being a good father. From a young age, Elijah's used to depending on himself, the life he lived has shaped him into a capable and tough man.

But no matter how strong one may appear, there comes a point when they have to face their weakness, I just hope this isn't Elijah's weakness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 83 16
Short out....(story without word bride style and Yn making pancakes 🥞) Ceo and innocent girl, mafia and poor girl, cold husband and caring wife, etc...
36 7 11
"We are not gonna leave each other are we" sees him with pout he Chuckles "obviously not and not after seeing your this face" hugging her tightly fro...
702K 25.3K 101
[REINCARNATION] A sudden change happens in the body of this infamous, but young beautiful sadist who no longer contains its core- the sadistic soul. ...
571K 35.4K 127
『 Dying of Asphyxiation was seriously not my goal in life. 』 Neither was meeting a Governor of the Afterlife and getting sent to another world for a...