Our Fight For Love | Dean Am...

By KxAmbrose

Kennedy McMahon-Levesque, a fifth generation McMahon who possesses no desire to follow in her family's footst... More

The Plan [1]
Payback [2]
An Offer [3]
First Day [4]
Lost [5]
Fun Times [6]
Drunken Antics [7]
Saved [8]
Nice Guy [9]
Storyline [10]
First Kiss [11]
Drunk Kiss [12]
Feelings [13]
Show Goes On [14]
Impromptu [15]
Hesitant [16]
Idiomatic [17]
Philophobia [18]
Merry Christmas [19]
Rookie [21]
The Ex [22]
Family Ties [23]
Territorial Woman [24]
Soulmate [25]
Our Home [26]
Sweet to Sour [27]
Forever person forever [28]
Night in New Orleans [29]
Paradise [30]
No DQ [31]
Greatest Man Alive [32]
Calm Before The Storm [33]
Someday [34]
Our Moment [35]
True Leader [36]
Purpose [37]
Safe Keeping [38]
Zoe-Zoe [39]
Our Little Family [40]
Daddy's Champ! [41]
Home [42]
A New Plan [43]
Life Currently [44]
Dunn For [45]
Too Sweet [46]
A Roadblock [47]
Control [48]
It's On [49]

The Next Step [20]

1.4K 24 1
By KxAmbrose

Kennedy laughed as Jon tickled at her sides while they laid on the leather couch in her office. The holidays were wonderful with her family, and she and Jon rung in the New Year in New York City when they planned a spur-of-the-moment trip for just the two of them.

Now it was back to work, but work was more like play, especially when the two of them were together. Though a lot of their time was spent in offices, hotel rooms, or random corridors of the arena, it felt reassuring having each other to spend time with. Usually it would be lonely since Jon would be stuck with his friends, but now having a girlfriend who shared the same schedule it made things easier.

"Stop babe!" Kennedy got through her fit of giggles, attempting to pushing away at his hands.

He chuckled and stopped laying back so Kennedy could turn and rest her head on his chest as her fingers doodled on his shirt, humming softly.

"Did you get the new scripts?" Jon proposed, and Kennedy shook her head and stared up at him.

"Not yet, I thought they were supposed to be printed earlier today?" He nodded, and she just shrugged. There could be technical difficulties with the printer since they always printed what seemed like a hundred of papers every day.

"I'm sure we'll get them before the show starts. Usually gramps is on top of things, but maybe he's just a little rusty since we've been on vacation for the holidays." Jon grinned and wrapped his arms around her frame, his thumb rubbing circles on her shoulder.

"Did he like his present I gave him?" Kennedy nodded and smiled. He had gotten all the men in her family the same bottle of whiskey he had gifted Paul and they liked it very much.

"Yeah, I talked to my grandmother the other day, and she told me half the bottle is gone."

He snapped his fingers and shot Kennedy a sly smirk. "Remind me to get him another bottle."

Kennedy shook her head and snorted as they talked more about the holidays.

"New York was fun. Did you like it?" Kennedy asked.

She felt him wiggled and puff. "Spending time with you and having sex was great, but the ball drop seemed anticlimactic."

He heard her laughed and shake her head, then looked up at him. "The sex was pretty amazing, but I do think they hype up the ball drop too much. It looks like more fun on TV than it does in real life."

Jonathan and Kennedy remained in the very crowded and cold Times Square as they waited for the ball to drop at midnight to ring in the new year. Jon was insistent about keeping his arms wrapped tightly around his girl. There were a bunch of drunk strangers and he didn't want anything to happen to her.

Kennedy knew that this wasn't entirely Jon's plans for New Year, he suggested staying in and watching it on TV, but Kennedy wanted to seize the moment and go down to see it in person.

"Jon, baby, you're so tense. Relax, please." She told him, her thumbs brushing upon his cheekbones while he grumbled and did his best to ease up.

"Theres a bunch of drunks here, you could get hurt." Kennedy giggled and pecked his lips.

"Now who would want to hurt me when I have a professional wrestler on my arm." He snickered and shook his head while Kennedy shrieked and pointed up at the countdown.

"Look babe!" He looked up at the big screen and there it was. 10 more seconds until the new year.

He cupped her cheeks and together they counted down with laughter, filling their voices for how cliche this was.

"Happy New Year!" The crowed shouted, drums beating, and celebratory music playing in the background.

Their lips met and moved against each other in a passionate kiss. After what felt like an eternity they pulled away and smiled at one another.

"Happy New Year, baby." She whispered loud enough for him to hear as she wrapped her arms around his torso and hugged him.

"Happy New Year, doll." He spoke, kissing the top of her head as she smiled up at him.

She pulled away and grabbing his hand, leading them away from the big crowd so they could head back to their hotel room. He laughed as she pulled him behind her, her feet shuffling fast despite the snow that covered the pavement.

"Why are we walking so fast Kennedy?" He sought, and she twisted her head, feet still rushing.

"I thought of a different way we could celebrate." She shot him a wink and suddenly she was picked off her feet and throw over his shoulder as she erupted in a fit of giggles attempted to squirm down but Jon had a tight grip.

"Jon put me down, you dork!" She laughed, pinching his back, attempting to be put down.

"Nah, doll, gotta get you back to the hotel as soon as possible. Our celebration is on the way." He smirked to himself, slapping her bottom as he walked through the busy streets of New York City with his girl.

Kennedy and Jon chuckled while they reminisced back on that day.

A knock sounded on her door and they both turned their heads.

"Ms. Levesque?" It was a tech.

"You can come in!" Kennedy called out, sitting up and fixing her blouse as Jon sat up and slung his arm around her shoulder.

The female tech walked in and smiled. "Thank god you're here. Your parents and grandfather are in their office and they're asking for you. I believe it's urgent by the way your father was talking."

Kennedy nodded and looked over at Jon, who stood up and took her hand so they could head towards her grandpa's office, and when they reached the door, you could hear the yelling coming from inside.

She let go of Jon's hand and whipped the door open, holding her hands out in bewilderment as Jon walked in behind her and closed the door for some privacy.

"What the hell is going on?" Kennedy demanded as she stood in front of her dad and grandpa. Her mother sat on a chair, rubbing her head from the screaming.

"This is not a good time Kennedy why don't you go back to your office and—"

"No, this is a great time, actually! Kennedy sweetheart, why don't you ask your grandfather what he has in mind for your character now." Paul replied sarcastically, pointing at Vince, then brushing the top of his head, frustrated.

"Gramps, what is he talking about?" Kennedy urged looking towards Vince who shifted around. He wasn't prepared to tell Kennedy his plans just yet, he was only telling Paul and Stephanie until Paul blew up.

"Kennedy, I need you to be open-minded—"

"She's always been open-minded, but this is ridiculous!" Paul interrupted.

"Dad, please just calm down and sit next to mom." Kennedy breathed, ushering her dad to sit in the empty seat beside her mom. He hesitated for a bit until Kennedy soften her eyes and pointed at the seat.

She turned her attention to her grandfather as Jon sat down beside Paul, watching.

"Kennedy, I know that you've been wanting to do more, and I have come up with something. I wasn't on planning on telling you today, I was simply pitching the idea to your parents to see what they thought. Obviously now I know that your father isn't too thrilled, but I wanted to see if you'd like to get in the ring."

Her mouth formed an "O" as she realized what that meant.

"Well gramps, I'm honored really, but I just don't know if I'm quite ready to start wrestling full time." She explained as her grandfather nodded.

"I told you she was going to say no." Paul sneered rolling his eyes, Kennedy turned her head at him with a threatening look and Stephanie slapped his chest.

"Well, you never let me finish what I was going to say." Vince spoke looking at Paul then Kennedy.

"Kennedy, I'm not asking you to be in the ring full time, unless, of course, that's what you want. But what I want is for you to compete in one match. And that match will be at WrestleMania. You and Jonathan versus your mom and dad."

A wide smile appeared on her face and Kennedy looked over the moon happy.

"A-are you serious, gramps? WrestleMania?" She said, and he nodded his head proudly.

"I'm in!" Kennedy announced, shaking her grandpa's hand and giving him a big hug.

"Are you out of your mind! WrestleMania is in 3 months, that's not enough time for you to train. Let alone have a match at Mania." Her dad said shoot up from his seat.

She turned around and furrowed her brows. She expected her dad to be supportive of her decision since he was a wrestler himself, and she assumed it was a good idea following the footsteps of her father and at one point her mom as well.

"I understand that it is short notice, but there's no doubt in my mind that I can train. I'll train everyday if I need to. How many hours I need to train, I will be in that ring training, dad. Plus I have you, Jonathan, and so many other superstars that would be willing to help me get there."

Stephanie stood up and made her way to stand next to her daughter, who faced her husband.

"Honey, this is Kennedy's decision. And she's right, it is on such short notice, but she's willing to train and get to that level of athleticism to step foot in the ring. Isn't that what you teach your stars at NXT? If they have the passion and the drive, they can do it. Kennedy just needs the tools. You and Jonathan could help train her and get her ready for WrestleMania." Stephanie reasoned at a still very apprehensive and protective Paul.

Jon got up and gave Paul a pat on the back while staring at Kennedy with a small smile.

"Look, if you want to get into that ring babe, I'm willing to help you train, but you have to be committed. You can't just say you're going to do it then chicken out when you take the first bump alright?" Kennedy nodded, she understood that commitment was a key factor with all of this and she was ready for the next step in her career.

Her father paced around and shook his head, one hand resting on his hip while the other rubbing his chin. She knew that her father was conflicted for all the right reasons, but Kennedy wanted this more than anything. She wanted to prove to everybody that she was more than just a pretty mouth piece and could throw down in the right the same way her dad does.

"I can't let you hurt yourself, Kennedy, you know that." He told her as he gripped her shoulders and stared down at her. She nodded her head and gave him a tight smile.

"I know dad, but I can do this. I was an ice skater for almost six years and that takes a lot of training, but I still managed to do it. If I work hard enough, I know that I can do this. I just need you to help me."

One of her hands coming down to rest on top of his. He grunted and remembered the multiple injuries and scares Kennedy had as her time as a professional ice skater. There were many times where it was just a false call, but still his heart dropped every time his baby girl got hurt.

Kennedy looked up at him with those eyes, trying to convince him that she would be ok.

He huffed and looked over at Vince, removing his hands from Kennedy's shoulders.

"If she gets hurt, it's all your fault." He said coldly before leaving the room.

Stephanie gave the three of them an apologetic look before going to chase after her husband.

Vince cleared his throat and passed his granddaughter and Jon their new scripts for this storyline.

"Start reading through these and please try to reason with your father. The only thing left to do is for you to start training." He told her and Kennedy nodded, looking up at Jon.

"We can start tomorrow, we'll come to the arena early and do some stuff in the ring." Jon suggested and Kennedy smiled.

"Sounds good. Don't hurt yourself, and Jon don't let her hurt herself." Vince warned and Jon laughed, shaking the boss's hand.

"Of course sir, have a good night." Jon said as Kennedy reached over, giving her grandfather a hug before they both left his office with their scripts in hand.

Jonathan could sense that Kennedy was feeling a bit disappointed with the way her father reacted but he understood where he was coming from. Kennedy meant just as much to Jon as she did her father. Being a professional wrestler was never easy, and it was just as easy to get hurt and that was something he didn't even want to think about. However, Kennedy had her mind made up and no one could talk her out of this match, the only thing Jon could do was be supportive and guide her.

The two entered her office once again, and she plopped down on the couch, flipping through the script, reading silently. He studied her while he leaned against the wall; she didn't do a good job of hiding her true feelings. She moved her hair to cover the side of her face that was facing him attempting to hide the sad expression on her face and the tears that were welling up in her eyes.

Once he heard her sniffle, he sighed, walking over to sit beside her and hold her in his arms.

"I know you're not in the best mood, I'm sorry, but you have to understand where your dad is coming from, babe. You could get hurt if you aren't trained properly, and that's something no one wants to happen." He told her as one hand came down to rub her back.

"I won't get hurt! I want to do this, Jon! I want to show everyone that I can be more, that I can do this." She said pulling away to look at him. He gave her a nod.

"I never said that you couldn't Kennedy. Look I'm going to be here training you, it won't be easy but we'll get there one step at a time."

Kennedy swiped her hand beneath her eyes, wiping away the tears and nodding her head.

"Thank you." she whispered, resting her head on his chest as he continued to hold her.

"You're welcome babe, I love you." He replied kissing the top of her head.

"I love you too."

While Jon left to go get ready for tonight's show, he suggested Kennedy to find her father and try to sort things out. After all, Kennedy knew that Jon couldn't train her all on his own. She needed her dad to guide her through the business too. She walked through the halls until she came across his office. Nervously she knocked until her father's voice bellowed, saying to come in.

As she pushed the door opened and walked in he looked up and gave her a small smile.

"Hey."

"Hi dad." She said sitting down in the chair in front of his desk.

She sighed and stared at him, reaching out to grab one of his hands across the desk.

"Look, dad, I know you aren't too thrilled with the idea of me getting in that ring and wrestling but I really want to do this but it tears me apart knowing that you don't support me. I can't do this without you. I've always looked up to you as a little girl despite hating the business, but now that I'm here I love it. I love it so much that I'm willing to do whatever I need to do to get in that ring and put on a show for everyone, just like you and so many of these Superstars do. I love you dad, but please, I can't do this without you, I just hope that you aren't disappointed or embarrassed that I might make you look bad."

Without realizing, Kennedy had let a few tears slide down her cheek as she talked to her father. Something else that was dwelling on her mind was the fact that she was a McMahon-Levesque. All of her family members in WWE had competed in the ring except her. She was worried that maybe her father didn't want her in the ring because she wasn't good enough to be.

Paul shook his head and got out of his seat, walking over to kneel beside his daughter and rest his palms in her lap.

She hung her head low and wiped away the tears, scolding herself for not being in control of her emotions. She felt one of her dad's fingers lift up her chin so she could look at him, then move so his thumb could wipe away the tears.

"Kennedy, honey, I would never be embarrassed of you. Never in a million years. I've seen what you can do, whether it's on the mic, on a soccer field, or in that ice rink. You've blown me away each and every single time and that won't change. What you need to understand is that you're my daughter, my baby girl. No matter how old you are or whatever that you do, I will always worry because no dad wants to see their daughter get hurt. If this is really something that you want to go through with then I'll support it, but you need to understand it won't be easy for me. I'll help train you, but slowly."

She nodded and smiled as she wrapped her arms around his body and pulled him into a hug in which he hugged back and felt her smile against his shoulder.

"I love you dad, I'll always be your little girl. No matter what." She said pulling away and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Always, Kenny." He said ruffling his hair.

A/N: Hey everyone! I hoped you enjoyed this chapter of Our Fight For Love. Are you excited to see Kennedy get in the ring? If you have any predictions for the book or any comments, please feel free to leave them. I love hearing back from my readers. Remember to vote and comment, don't be silent readers! Check out my other books, Little Ms. Lopez (Dean Ambrose) & Addiction (Seth Rollins).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 338 13
Ranked #10 in #ambrollins stories 😊 *** Ranked #532 in #wwe stories 😊 *** Inspired by the film 'Maid In Manhattan.' **** Seth Rollins is a billiona...
5.2K 195 32
Wwe superstars go on a break and decided to take an adventurous road trip to where wherever the map takes them. ~ One dart one map. All superstars g...
74.2K 1.5K 51
Warning - story contains discipline by parents to children This is Book 2 to 'I Do What I Want: Daughter of the Game.' In Book 1 we followed the jou...
323 11 1
Lovestruck; It's been 10 years since Kim and Roman last saw eachother, both were once a couple, but separated at college. Roman is now married with a...