Broken Soul {Cyberpunk 2077 f...

By Authortius

Y/n is the daughter of Hanako Arasaka. She is naive to the dark dealings that happen within Night City especi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 3

1.9K 51 11
By Authortius

Penthouse
City Centre
01:32am

It's been a day and I still haven't found this Jackie Welles. Finding out the location of a person I don't know is harder than it seems. Especially the fact that I have no clue how he looks.

Rubbing my tired eyes I turn to the large monitor.

Let's do this.

I decide to look through the camera feed. Luckily it was on the computer. However, no progress. Looking through the different cameras make me realise how much gunfights happen in Night City. But still no information regarding Jackie Welles.

Bzzt...bzzt

"Yoshi, you should be asleep," I answer my telecommunication cybermodem. Personally I would say the most convenient way to contact people. Automatically answering calls without having to do anything.

I remember uncle Yorinobu mentioning how they used to use cell phones back then. This makes me shiver at the thought. My mother gave me the cybermodem. She said it's not something that you can just buy in some shop.

"Just making sure you're okay, I wasn't sure if you were coming back...you've never been out this late," He sighs. I clear my throat.

"Just helping my mother with some work," I mumble out, not really intending to tell him the details.

"Well don't let me keep yo-"

"-wait can I ask you something quick?" A thought enters my mind. I could ask Yoshi for help in a subtle way.

"I'm looking for...a friend and I can't find them,"

"Don't you have their contact-"

"-that's the thing...I lost it," I cut him off. Hoping he believes me, I hold my breath for a second.

"You don't lose things Y/n," He clarifies suspiciously. I release a breath.

"Yoshi please..." Yoshi ask too much questions sometimes.

"Alright, can I have your friend's name, maybe I can ask around-"

"No!" I tell hurriedly. If Yoshi knows who Jackie Welles is, it might help but it's probably best he doesn't know.

"Uhuh, okay don't tell me, but I'm not sure how I can help then..." I furrow my eyebrows. There has to be a way I can gain his help without raising suspicion.

"There has to be a way to find them, Yoshi you have to help me," I sigh desperately.

"Use the NET." He deadpans. I roll my eyes. As if I hadn't thought about that.

"The NET is always being supervised by the authorities.." I mumble out. This makes me remember how grandpa Saburo always mentioned how the NET was a horrible use of technology.

"Well you can use the NET anonymously if you have use your cybermodem, just jack into it when it's connected to your computer and let it do the rest," Yoshi informs me. Wow that helps a lot.

"Thanks Yoshi," I hang up. Now with let's hope this goes according to plan. Following Yoshi's instructions, I jack into the cybermodem and wait. Immediately my screen changes.

That was fast.

Once the upload is complete different types information covers the monitor screen. Fixers. Gangs. Districts. Mercenaries. And much more. I open the search bar and type in Jackie Welles.

Bingo.

Finally some progress. I open his profile and the information pops up.

Jackie Welles

AGE

30

STATUS

Alive

DATE OF BIRTH

2047

PLACE OF BIRTH

Watson District, Night City

HOME

Night City

PHYSICAL INFORMATION

GENDER

Male

HAIR

Samurai cut brown

EYES

Green

FACTION INFORMATION

AFFILIATION

Valentinos (Formerly)

ROLE

Solo

So he is a Solo. Then that means he is a mercenary, hired to kill or whatever the job is. Good thing he has no association with Arasaka. Well he might
. Although I'm sure I'll find that soon.

"Now where are you hiding out Mr Welles," I mumble to myself quietly. My mother's words enter my mind once again.

Remember what I taught you...

Realisation hits me. I don't have to do any work I need people to do it for me. Jackie Welles has to have someone who is close to him. Either parents or a girl friend.

After a few minutes, I find that Jackie Welles has a mother. They call her 'Mama Welles'. Knowing mother's they wouldn't give the location of their child very easily. Next choice is Jackie Welles's girlfriend.

Misty Olszewski owns Misty's Esoterica, in Watson, a front for the ripperdoc Viktor Vector. Girl friend of Jackie Welles.

"Guess I'm taking a trip downtown," I sigh. This will be the first time I'll be heading to Night City unaccompanied. Let's hope no one finds out about this.

~

Misty's Esoterica
Watson
04:45am

The place sent an uncomfortable feeling through me. I thought these type of shops closed down a in 2043, guess I was wrong.

"A customer! Good day ma'am welcome to Misty's Esoterica," She greets whole wating me over to the desk she stands by. I take a closer look at her appearance.

"Would you like me to read your future," she asks curiously. I shake my head.

"I'm looking for someone, I think you can help me," My eyes drift off the the door behind her. Probably leads to Viktor Vector.

"Oh oka--"

"--Jackie Welles," I cut her off and focus my eyes on her.

"I sense that you are trouble," The caution in her voice is evident. I groan internally. Now my job is harder.

"It's your choice if you want trouble," I state. Her eyes show how uneasy she is.

"I don't know who he is," Misty tells me and turns to the card deck in her hand. I sigh at this.

"I'm not here to play cat and mouse. Either tell me where he is or you can visit him at the cemetery," She shifts uncomfortably but she says nothing.

What a waste of time.

I turn and make my way to the door.

"W-wait," A soft voice stops me, but I don't turn around.

"He is at Afterlife," I make my way to the door.

"Promise me you won't hurt him," she whispers out, loud enough for me to hear. I wasn't going to hurt him. Although I didn't  tell her this. I walk out the door and head to where I parked, just to be greeted with a bodyguard standing by my car.

My eyebrows furrow as I state at him confusedly.

"Ms Hanako Arasaka wishes to speak with you," the car door slides open and in the passenger seat is my mother. I hop into the drivers seat and close the door.

"Why did you leave without a bodyguard watching over you," I gulp at the seriousness of her tone and her emotionless face.

"I was just doing the test you gave me--"

"--that does not mean you should be unprotected," She reprimands me.

"Who knows what could happened if someone where to find out your identity," The anger on her face is prominent. She doesn't look at me but keeps her stare facing the front.

"I found the location of Jackie Welles," I attempt to break the ice. My mother releases a sigh. It's been a long time since she has been this upset with me. I don't understand why she's mad. Perhaps I should have denied the test.

"He is at Afterlife, I think he might have received a new job. Just not sure exactly," I mention. No reaction.

"I managed to find all the files related to everyone within Night City," Silence. The tense air made me feel claustrophobic.

"Take us to Konpeki Plaza, your grandfather needs to speak with you," I take another gulp and release a breath. Something tells me that the reason my mother seems slightly on edge, isn't because I came to Misty's Esoterica without protection, but possibly because of this meet up with my grandfather? I can't be very sure. A hard woman to read. My mother.

I don't say a word, but turn on the GPS as I have no idea where the Konpeki Plaza is. The car is set to autodrive and we leave Misty's Esoterica.

~

Konpeki Plaza
Arasaka Waterfront
05:43

The large room is quiet, My grandfather is sitting in his wheelchair not saying a word. My mother isn't around, I suppose it was just me that he needed to talk to.

"I'm leaving the Arasaka business to your mother," Shock enters my body. I bow my head in respect.

"Grandfather is there a reason you're telling me this instead of my mother," I say slowly. Not really sure why I had to be the person to hear this.

"Once that happens you will become the only heir that will inherit it..." He tells me. My eyes widen slightly. This makes sense as to why my mother seemed so on edge, but could this be the only reason.

"...Your uncle doesn't know this as yet, he will be informed about this tonight," He continues. I hum in acknowledgment.

"I trust the Arasaka business will be in good hands," He states. I bow my head.

"Yes, grandfather," I confirm. If he believes my mother would be the best choice to become the head of Arasaka, he must be right. Takemura the room and bows his head towards us.

"The transport is prepared Saburo-sama," My grandfather nods and faces me.

"Follow me, young one," I don't say a word but silently follow him.

Minutes later we arrive on the roof. Konpeki Plaza is really a sight from the top.

An AV is standing on the roof, waiting with the doors are open. I look closer and there is  katana and pistol on the seats.

"Is there a reason as to why there are weapons?" I ask in confusion. My grandfather notices my confusion and answers.

"Danger lurks everywhere Y/n, as an Arasaka, you will always be in danger," Takemura takes the pistol with the katana and hands it to me. I look at my grandfather and he nods, gesturing me to take it. Which I do. Slowly.

"A netrunner should always be prepared," I freeze. He gives me a small smile. Takemura helps my grandfather into the AV.

"I need you to help me with something Y/n," He turns to me. Takemura steps aside giving me the notion that I should enter the AV. I hop in and Takemura follows. The AV door close and we begin our flight.

"You need to kill someone,"

A/n Just finished Cyberpunk...and felt affected. I won't spoil no worries.

Thank you so much for voting, commenting. Even for just giving the book a glance...I appreciate it, so much :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 3.7K 14
Trying to survive in a place like Night City, a city obsessed with technology and body modifications can be next to impossible for some people, so th...
5.2K 707 74
Jessica Leibniz tried to be a normal teenager, but unlike most teenagers in the 22nd century, she can tell time without a clock. So what good is a wa...
388 3 20
Six months after the raid of the Arasaka Tower, the Aldecaldos are struggling to find a cure for V's condition. The unexpected help of an old friend...
5 0 20
Dust, stones, sand and the scorching heat of the sun. The Wasteland of America is home to a nomad clan that lives far away from corruption and a high...