Wrong Number, Kid

By Cinderellasong3

Peter Parker, now newly orphaned yet again after Aunt May passes away, is left with no one. After he gets lef... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Side-Story #1
Side-Story #2
Side-Story #3
Side-Story #4

Chapter One

18.7K 396 142
By Cinderellasong3

Peter:

Ned

Nedddddd!

Answer me, it's code red!

???:

Who is this?

How did you get this number?

Peter:

Ned, I think it's pretty obvious who this is

This is no time for kidding around

I need you to meet me at the base

???:

The base?!

Okay I've had enough messing around

You either tell me who you are or I hack you and find out myself

Peter:

*le gasp*

You're not Ned!

Also good luck with hacking my phone😏

???:

...

What the hell is this??

Why can't I hack this firewall?!

Peter:

Hehe 😈

And language!

My ears are young and impressionable

???:

You little shit

And you can't be that young if you have a firewall that

rivals Stark's tech

Peter:

Stark's tech?

As in Tony Stark?

How do you have access to Stark Technology?

*Double le gasp*

Do you know Tony Stark?!

???:

I'll tell you if you tell me your name

Peter:

Yeah, no

You could be a pedophile for all I know

I could probably just hack your phone to find out

But I won't because I'm polite

???:

A pedophile?

So you are a kid!

Peter:

Fudge

Oh would you look at the time!

I have to go!

Bye Mr/Miss Possible Pedophile Person!

Peter's POV

    I refocused from my phone screen to my current problem: hiding from child services. I carefully looked over the edge of the roof, scanning the streets for the people I had been running from in my civilian form. I had managed to duck into an alley long enough to climb up the wall to the roof of a building without getting caught.

    Ever since Aunt May died in a car crash, I had been living in foster homes that had been nothing but pure hell. These child services people will basically stick you with anyone that is willing, so a lot of us usually end up in situations like mine: running from officials and learning to survive on your own.

    I didn't see them anywhere and my sixth sense wasn't tingling, so I took that as a sign that it was all clear. I reached over and pushed in the button on my watch. My new nanotech suit spread out, covering my body in the protective casing, my watch now replaced with web shooters on either arm.

    This suit was one of my newest designs and I was incredibly proud of myself for being able to make it all on my own.

    You see, I might be on the run, but I'm in no way defenseless. In fact, I'm better off now than I ever was in terms of money. After my aunt died and I escaped the abusive foster home I had been living in, I knew I had to make money somehow, but I wouldn't be able to get just any job if I was gonna be on the run from foster care.

    I had hacked into SHIELD a few times with Ned when we got bored, but this time I decided to put my hacking skills to good use. Let's just say I made quite the entrance into SHIELD HQ that Fury didn't exactly appreciate. Once he got past the fact that a fifteen year old Spider-kid hacked his system, he was actually really impressed and offered me a job.

    It's been a little over a year since then and I'm now one of the top agents at SHIELD. Life has been good, stressful at times, especially during missions when things take a turn for the worse, but it's been good for the most part.

    I launched myself off the rooftop, swinging from building to building, making my way towards my hideout. Ned and I call it "the base" because it's kind of like our base of operations for just the two of us, not just a living space for me.

    I start swinging towards the bad part of queens, landing on the roof of a seemingly abandoned building. From the outside, the building looked like the type of place you might find a couple teenagers or low life criminals hanging out or exchanging drugs, and to be honest, that's what it was when I first bought it.

    Walking over to the entrance to the stairs, retracting my suit back into my watch, I pull out the secret panel revealing a scanner. First placing my hand against the scanner, then scanning my eyes, I heard the latch on the door unlock.

    The interior was completely different from the outside appearance. The inside was all exposed brick walls with industrial style decor, secret tech installations hidden all over the three story building. Floor to ceiling windows stretched along the living room wall proving a lot of natural light.

The outside had old bricks, boards nailed against the first floor windows that had long since been pried open by criminals trying to get inside and were now abandoned on the ground, beer cans littering the sidewalks, graffiti all along the walls, intersecting each other. Everything about the place screamed at people to stay away and that nothing good went on inside there, which was exactly the cover that I needed.

    Nobody looks twice in these kinds of neighborhoods. So if any loud noises went off in the building and people heard it, they would just keep clear, thinking it was probably gang related violence.

    I renovated the entire place on the inside, every door and window is bulletproof and has an access panel, otherwise no one can get in without my say so.

    I head down the stairs, immediately slipping into my lab and up to my computer. I was about to pull up the schematics on my nanotech suit and brainstorm for a bit when my phone vibrated. I thought it might be that random number I texted earlier, but this one was different.

???:

Who are you, kid?

Peter:

I could say the same to you

How did you get this number?

???:

My friend that you called "Possible Pedophile Person"

Asked me to hack into your phone

Peter:

And how's that going for you?

???:

I suspect you already know how it went😑

Peter:

Hehe, I might have a slight idea of how that went down.

???:

I'm not sure how you did it, but you've managed to elude my own technology, so I only have one question:

Who are you?

Peter:

You make your own tech?

That's so cool!

I mean, I make my own tech too, but it's nice to meet other people that are interested in the same stuff

???:

Don't avoid the question, kid.

    I paused a moment, thinking back to my texts with "Possible Pedophile Person" and about how they had access to Stark technology. Employees at Stark Industries wouldn't be allowed to use their tech to hack people unless it was a security risk. And the only way it would be a security risk would be if the person was high up in the chain. This couldn't possibly be one of the avengers, could it? Only one way to find out.

    I pulled up the number of the phone on my screen and traced the signal back. They were at Stark Tower, so that part was true. Taking a look at the coding inside the phone, I could tell that the AI, FRIDAY, was protecting the hardware.

    I had never hacked FRIDAY simply on the principle that I respect Mr. Stark and his tech, but it looks like I'm going to have to make an exception today.

    In all, it took me about fifteen minutes to get through.

    And when I did, holy fudge-a-nuggets.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 3.8K 14
Tony Stark is convinced by his family friend Obadiah Stane to adopt a kid in order to improve the tarnished image of Stark Industries. The media alwa...
4.6K 92 10
Peter Parker just lost his Aunt May and Tony Stark took him in. Tony is new to the Dad thing and so is Pepper to the Mom thing. Peter on the other ha...
74.3K 2.1K 18
One rainy night while Tony Stark is out, he comes across a 15 month old boy named Peter Parker, whose is injured and very weak. He immediately takes...
1.6K 49 41
Peter has a brother. A secret brother that no one knows about, not even the Avengers. One day Aunt May unfortunately gets into a car accident, making...