The Prince's Brother

By DisasterChild20

Silas Pendragon, Arthur Pendragon's 14 year old brother. More

Valiant
The Mark Of Nimueh
The Poisoned Chalice
Lancelot
A Remedy to Cure All Ills
The Gates of Avalon
The Beginning of the End
Excalibur
The Moment of Truth
The Labyrinth of Gedref
To Kill the King
Le Morte d'Arthur
The Curse of Cornelius Sigan
The Once and Future Queen
The Nightmare Begins
Lancelot and Guinevere
Beauty and the Beast Part One
Beauty and the Beast Part Two
The Witchfinder
The Sins of the Father
The Lady of the Lake

The Dragon's Call

4.2K 60 4
By DisasterChild20

Mason Dye as Silas Pendragon.

Silas stands at his window watching as a man is taken to be executed "Let this serve as a lesson to all. This man, Thomas James Collins, is adjudged guilty of conspiring to use enchantments and magic. And, pursuant to the laws of Camelot, I, Uther Pendragon, have decreed that such practices are banned on penalty of death. I pride myself as a fair and just king, but for the crime of sorcery, there is but one sentence I can pass." his Father tells his people. Thomas is taken forwards and his head placed on the chopping block. Uther raises his hand and the drops it, queuing the executioner to swing his axe. Silas looks away, flinching at the scene before him "When I came to this land, this kingdom was mired in chaos, but with the people's help magic was driven from the realm. So I declare a festival to celebrate twenty years since the Great Dragon was captured and Camelot freed from the evil of sorcery. Let the celebrations begin." Uther says before turning to leave. Just then a lady starts wailing "There is only one evil in this land, and it is not magic! It is you! With your hatred and your ignorance! You took my son! And I promise you, before these celebrations are over, you will share my tears. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a son for a son." she tells Uther. "Seize her!" Uther tells his guards but the lady chants a spell and disappears in a whirl of wind.

The next day Silas sits at his desk drawing when his brother walks in "Come on, I managed to get Father to let you come down the the training grounds with me." Arthur tells him. Nodding Silas jumps up and grabs a jacket from his wardrobe "How did you convince him to let me out?" he asks as he puts his jacket on. "Told him that if he didn't the people would become suspicious." Arthur tells him. Silas nods "Thank you Arthur." he smiles. "You're welcome. Now come on." Arthur says pushing his arm slightly. Silas laughs and follows his brother outside.

They reach the training grounds where Silas leans against the wall to watch "Where's the target?" Arthur asks Morris, a serving boy. "There, Sir?" Morris tells Arthur. "It's into the sun." Arthur responds. "But, it's not that bright." Morris says. "A bit like you, then." Arthur tells him, making the other knights laugh and Silas roll his eyes. "I'll put the target on the other end, shall I, Sir?" Morris says before going to move the target. "This'll teach him." Arthur says as he throws a dagger at the target. "Hey! Hang on!" Morris exclaims. "Don't stop!" Arthur smiles. Morris takes a few steps back "Here?" he asks. "I told you to keep moving!" Arthur says throwing another dagger. "Come on! Run!" Arthur tells him. Silas sighs and stands as Morris drops the target making it roll to a dark haired man's feet. The man puts his foot on it to stop Morris picking it up "Hey, come on, that's enough." he smiles as Arthur, Silas and Arthur's friends walk over to them. "What?" Arthur asks. "Arthur don't." Silas begs quietly to himself. "You've had your fun, my friend." the man tells Arthur. "Do I know you?" Arthur asks. "Er, I'm Merlin." Merlin responds, holding out his hand. "So I don't know you." Arthur responds not taking his hand. "No." Merlin admits. "Yet you called me 'friend.'" Arthur says. "That was my mistake." Merlin says. "Yes, I think so." Arthur agrees. "Yeah. I'd never have a friend who could be such an ass." Merlin says before he starts walking away from them. "Or I one who could be so stupid." Arthur calls after him.

Merlin stops walking and turns back to them "Tell me, Merlin, do you know how to walk on your knees?" Arthur asks. "No." Merlin responds. "Would you like me to help you?" Arthur asks. "I wouldn't if I were you." Merlin retorts. "Why? What are you going to do to me?" Arthur chuckles. "You have no idea." Merlin tells him. "Be my guest! Come on! Come on! Come oooooon." Arthur says taunting him. Merlin takes a swing at him making Arthur twist his arm behind his back "I'll have you thrown in jail for that." he tells Merlin. "What, who do you think you are? The King?" Merlin asks. "No. I'm his son, Arthur." Arthur responds before taking Merlin out at the knees. Silas groans as Arthur hands Merlin to a couple of guards "You had to taunt him, didn't you?" Silas asks. "I wanted to see what he'd do." Arthur shrugs. Silas shakes his head "We better get back." he tells his brother. Arthur nods and leads the way back towards the castle.

The next evening after eating Silas walks to Gaius' Chambers, when he gets there he knocks on the door "Come in." Gaius says from inside. Silas opens the door and smiles at the man he sees as a grandfather "Evening Gaius." he greets. "Silas, is everything alright?" Gaius asks him. "Everything is quite alright Gaius. I just got bored so came to see you." Silas responds as Merlin walks in. "Oh, Merlin this is Silas, the King's youngest son. Silas this is Merlin, he's currently staying with me." Gaius explains. Merlin bows "Don't bow Merlin. I'm not like my Father or Arthur." Silas smiles putting out his hand, Merlin smiles and shakes his hand. When Merlin does Silas feels a warm feeling spread up his arm and accidently makes wind gently blow through Gaius' chambers. "Uh, I..." Silas trails off panicking. "Wait, you have magic?" Merlin asks excitedly. "Please don't tell anyone, only Gaius, Father, Arthur and Morgana know." Silas says quickly. Merlin nods "I promise." he responds before looking at Gaius who nods. "I have magic too." Merlin tells the youngest Pendragon. "Really?" Silas asks him. Merlin nods "Silas, you better get back to your quarters. Before Uther finds out you're not in them." Gaius interrupts. Silas nods "I'll see you around Merlin. Bye Gaius." he smiles before leaving and rushing back to his quarters.

When he enters them he finds Morgana and Arthur inside "Where have you been? If Father finds out you left without permission-" Arthur starts. "I was with Gaius. I'm sorry, I just got bored." Silas says putting his head down. Morgana hugs him "Just be careful, we don't want Uther to find out." she tells him, kissing the top of his head. Silas nods "Sorry for worrying you both." he apologises. "It's okay, get some sleep though. We've got the feast tomorrow." Arthur tells him, ruffling his hair. Silas squirms away "Okay. Goodnight." he smiles. "Goodnight Silas." both Arthur and Morgana respond as they leave.

The next evening Silas walks into the Great Hall and over to Arthur. "Good you're here. I was worried you wouldn't be here and then Father would... Well you know." Arthur tells him. "Arthur, he'll probably still find a reason to." Silas responds making Arthur sigh. Just then the trumpets blare making the two brothers get to their seats as their Father enters the hall "We have enjoyed twenty years of peace and prosperity. It has brought the kingdom and myself many pleasures, but few can compare with the honour of introducing Lady Helen of Mora." Uther says. Uther and the court take their seats as Lady Helen starts to sing, Silas notices everyone slowly fall asleep making him put his hands over his ears. Looking round the room, he notices Merlin doing the same. As Lady Helen continues to sing cobwebs begin forming over the enchanted sleepers, she pulls two daggers from her sleeves as she looks at Arthur and Silas. Merlin looks up and magically drops the chandelier on her as she raises her arm to throw the daggers at the Princes. Everyone begins to wake up and pull the cobwebs off themselves, Uther and Arthur stand up to see Mary Collins (Thomas' Mother) lying on the floor. Mary raises her body enough to throw the daggers at Arthur and Silas, Merlin and Silas both slow down time and grab Arthur pulling him out of harm's way. The daggers smack into the chairs of the Princes as they fall to the floor, Mary dropping to the floor dead. Arthur, Silas and Merlin stand up "You saved my boy's life. A debt must be repaid." Uther tells Merlin. "Oh, well..." Merlin trails off. "Don't be so modest. You shall be rewarded." Uther retorts. "No, honestly, you don't have to, Your Highness." Merlin tells him. "No, absolutely. This merits something quite special." Uther says. "Well..." Merlin says quietly. "You shall be rewarded a position in the royal household. You shall be Prince Arthur and Prince Silas' manservant." Uther tells Merlin making the Court applaud. "Father!" Arthur protests making Silas chuckle.

Later that evening Silas sits at his desk with Arthur opposite "It wasn't just Merlin, was it?" Arthur asks his brother. "Don't know what you mean." Silas responds smirking. "Yes you do. You also saved me Silas." Arthur chuckles. "Maybe, Father won't believe you though. Remember, magic is evil." Silas tells him. Arthur sighs and stands up "I'm off now, Goodnight Silas." he says. "Night Arthur." Silas responds as Arthur walked out.

The next morning Silas wakes up to his Father slamming the door open. "Get Up." Uther tells him. Silas gets out of his bed and stands in front of his Father "Arthur told me that you saved him as well last night, is that true?" Uther asks. "Yes Father." Silas responds looking down at his feet. "You're a disgrace, if you continue to use your magic I'll execute you." Uther says slapping his son, making Silas fall to the floor. "Yes Father, I'm sorry." Silas responds, Uther glaring at him before walking out of his chambers. A few minutes later Arthur and Morgana rush into his room to find Silas crying on his bed, head in his arms. Morgana rushes over and wraps her arms round him "Shh, it's okay Silas. Let me see." she tells him. Silas lifts his head and lets Morgana and Arthur see the cut on his lip and bruise forming on his cheek. Arthur clenches his fist "I'm so sorry Silas, Father overheard me telling Morgana." he explains. "It's okay Arthur." Silas tells him with a small smile. Morgana stands up and goes outside the room, before walking back in a second later "I've sent for Gaius to come take a look." she tells him, making Silas nod at her as Arthur sits next to him. Gaius walks in with his bag over his shoulder "What happened?" he asks putting his bag down. "Father." Silas tells him. There's a sudden knock on the door making Arthur stand up and open it to find Merlin "Let him in Arthur. He already knows." Silas tells his brother. Merlin walks in and puts Silas' breakfast on the table. "How does he know?" Arthur asks. "I accidently used it in front of him." Silas tells him. Morgana and Arthur both give him a look "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." Silas tells them as Gaius applies a liquid to his lip. "It should be healed in a week or so." Gaius tells him. Silas nods "Thank you Gaius." he smiles. "Be careful round Uther." the old man says before leaving the room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.2K 1.3K 21
When Arthur rises again, 40 000 years later, Merlin is nothing but ecstatic especially when he finds out Arthur feels the same way he has since life...
74.9K 1.1K 30
This is a bunch of BBC Merlin one shots because I love Merlin and all his people. I don't do Merthur sorry. I do take suggestions and propmts! I DON...
19.7K 399 20
Arthur Pendragon wasn't always a prat, he was a kind, loving, fun Prince, but something happened that changed him into a, what would Merlin call him...
1.2K 27 3
by @/kayura_sanada