THE HEARTS REAWAKENING (Prev...

By aishatu_xx

Copyright© 2020. All rights reserved. She sat on her bed thinking how on earth is she to get married at the t... More

THE HEARTS REAWAKENING•
1; TIED.
2; NEW DOMICILE.
3; COMPLETE.
4; IMPUDENCE.
5; CHICAGO.
6; ROYAL MAID.
7; ALTERED.
8; ALARMED.
9; POTENTIAL DANGER.
10; CHAMBERMAID.
11; MELANCHOLIC DESIRE.
12; TOO MANY.
13: WORTHWHILE.
14: JOB.
15: FIRST DAY
16: DESTRUCTION.
17: COFFEE.
19: ERSTWHILE.
20: OLD FRIENDS.
21: HER FOOD.
22: GUARD CRACKING
AUTHOR'S NOTE.
23: LIFT.
24: RIVALRY.
25: OOPS.
26: CHARADE.
27: PREPUBESCENT.
28: DEBUTANTE.
29: ITALY CALLING.
30: ABSTINENCE.
Back to OkadaBooks!!!

18: UNFORESEEN.

1.3K 347 85
By aishatu_xx

KILISHI ENTERPRISES.
9:00AM.

"Ms. Adam, come here." He called, and like a robot, she stood up as though a magnet is drawing her to him very quick.

"Yes, Sir?" She inclined her head to the side letting her hands fold behind her underneath her butt to look professional. Well, that is how they do it when they are called by any of the Royals so she thought about doing it too.

"Here, make sure all the power points are sorted out. These should be proofread and retyped then print them out and arrange them alphabetically in that shelf." He pointed his index finger at the black shelf that is almost empty. The files he gave her are enough to have it filled, it is no small shelf.

"Yes, Sir." And she took the stack of files, more than half of the ones Mr. Obese just brought. She could already feel the weight of the work having to proofread and retype everything is going to take a toll on her. Can she even work in the Palace after getting drained here by afternoon?

"And we are going to the meeting right now." He called after her just as she placed the files on her table. She just wanted to get this over with, she won't finish them all before afternoon so she will just have to try to do at least quarter of those so they will see how hardworking she is. She can't afford letting her position get ruined, no matter what.

"Sure." She drawled while standing up straight to adjust her hijab which has shifted up to the side showing off the whole of her tortilla blouse.

She watch as he arranged the files in front of him after checking the headlines of a few files before clicking something on his MacBook then took his phone. Gulping down a lump in her throat when she saw him adjusting the buttons of his suit, his muscles bulged behind those clothes. She looked away quickly when he stand straight and started rounding the desk to come to where she is, well, to make his way to the door.

Following behind, he left the floor to the elevator where a tensed silence between them thickened with maladroit sobering up her thoughts. She kept squirming and unfortunately, no one walked into the elevator with them. The silence is so thick and palpable, asphyxiating her, at that moment, it's like she has claustrophobia angering her for being so weak when the man in question is stern.

Another surprise also waited for her there in the meeting, too much surprises she didn't like.

True love is hard to. Love is all about giving to other person without greed of gaining anything in return, if other person rejects it, its him or her who will be losing the most important thing in life. So never feel dejected.

But why does he feel dejected that his first wife left him to tend to himself when she promised to always be with him through tough times. She's promised to love him, support him and always be there for him when he needs someone but what happened? She betrayed him like no other has ever done. She left him after backstabbing him, to fend for his self while his heart bleed down with trails illuminating the way for his broken soul.

He has been betrayed by two of his friends during highschool years, he almost slipped to depression because they were his best friends. They managed to play him real good by using their fake advises and houses where they could go and play. He found out that they are terrorists and wanted to only get close to him so they can rub him or more like rub off his father through him. If they only wanted money, it would've been easier to get them off his back but no.

They wanted the throne as they work with his father's enemies and they think the throne can be theirs after they kill all the royal families, it was scandalous. Everyone was shook around the palace, more securities were sent to guard the castle for six months. The tight security makes it hard for just any random person to walk in and go out when they want to. Even the guards have some thumb print test they undergo before coming into the main palace, it is off limit for many guards and maids except the most trusted and loyal ones.

It was a miracle that they got caught before everything escalated. He was so depressed, eyes so red that you'd think someone close to him died. Granted, Jabir and Salim and few others of his friends are there for him but those two are more tight to him seeing they know a lot about him. He felt like they are just Angels sent from above for him, they are always there for him even before he asks for them. It was shattering when he found out about them by mistake.

He had to stop going to school for sometime which is the reason he was homeschooled, he hates those moments of his life. He emotionally blackmailed his parents to let him go back to school or he'd be more depressed than he was, they agreed after so much persuasion. That was the day he met the love of his life, he could never forget that day. It was like Allah removed the evil and brought real Angel.

Then came Amirah's betrayal which hit him more than any of those minor betrayals. The way he's loved her like his life depend on loving her. He feels like if he doesn't breath around her, everything suffocates him. She literally became everything to him, right from the moment he bumped into her while she was cursing at some Prince that her friends ditched her for. It was hilarious seeing she is insulting him to him, he couldn't say a thing.

"Why do you look like you are about to murder someone any second?" He'd asked a younger looking Amirah whose mouth was set in a cute pout while her hands find place underneath her not so voluptuous chest and her eyes are narrowed down the long hallway where what looks to be her target followed.

She was simply the most beautiful girl he's ever met in his entire life. No, it is not the type where he fell in love with her at first sight or she just became Miss Universe because he found her beautiful. It's just that in his eyes, she is the finest he's seen so far and probably the last one he'd ever see. Her pout, the innocence rolling off of her at that moment had him stuck.

No matter how much he wanted to just move and maneuver around her like he does other girls in the school, he just can't ignore her. And the way she instantly comment back had him hooked, most girls would've acted arrogant seeing she hasn't looked up at him so she won't know who he is. And to his utter surprise, even when she did, she never had that look of recognition in her eyes the entire time they talked.

Unlike those he'd met by the gates when Salim and Jabir came to welcome him back. All those he has never met and never seen started flaunting themselves around his group which became overbearing, he couldn't stand that. Even though he likes attention, theirs was too much for him to bear and they were making his ego bigger which was the last thing he wanted. He wanted to blend amongst other students but no, he is the youngest Prince hence whole attention is on him.

Having Amirah ignore his existence and started rambling is so refreshing, she didn't care who he was. She looks like she hardly talks to people or even socialize to find out who he is, she enjoyed those moments. They also found out about their love for oreos and gummy bears that same day, it was amazing.

"I'm about to kill my so called friends for ditching my lunch just to go see some stupid Prince that happens to come back to school after a long time." She glowered, moving her feet away from him and to the way of the cafeteria.

"Hey, you can't just go away like that. C'mon, I can sit with you for your lunch if you want." And that was when she rose her head to look at him with narrowed gaze.

"You are handsome but I don't like sitting with fine people, they get too much attention which is the last thing I want in this school. And you look new too. They are going to bully us." She continue moving to the cafeteria and he didn't give up.

"I'm new here but I assure you, no one can bully me and I won't let them bully you too." He promised, adjusting his backpack around him, he didn't want no backpack.

"Humm, you don't know those guys I'm talking about. They are capable of bullying even the teachers so we are minor to them." She looked scared at the thought of those bullies, he'd like to meet them.

And that was when he vowed that he won't let anyone bully her, not on his watch. The terror and fright is written all over her face, he can't afford seeing such innocent face writhing with terror when there is nothing for her to fear. He will make sure those bullies get what they do to others, they should never exist. He thought those things don't even exist in all honesty, who feed on making others life miserable?

"I promise you, I won't let anyone bully you. Now stop complaining and show me the cafeteria." As soon as he closed his mouth, she yawed around and came into a halt with her leg mid step.

"Don't go around promising things to strangers, it's not good to break your promises even if you made them by mistake." She gave a sad smile then she beamed at the sight of his muscles, mischief clear in those dovelike eyes of hers. "You have power, I know you can hit them for me. Come let's go, I trust you." Still with a beam on her face, she continue to make her way to where she wanted to.

His heart melted at those last three words even if she hasn't trusted him with just her secrets but the words coming out from her cute lips after he promised her something is just too good for him. Her innocence webbed itself around his head, he couldn't think of anything for that whole day except for that innocent little girl that stood alone in the middle of the hallway after her friends ditched her to go see him.

Well, she wasn't so innocent after all since she has betrayed him. There is no doubt the hate he has for her has overpowered the love he had for her. Even though deep inside, he wants to give her a chance to excuse herself but the deep hatred scorching in the pits of his chest is enough to make him want to ruin her pathetic, wretched, deplorable life in one go. He's wanted to exact his revenge on her for so long but then again, he didn't want to stoop low to her level.

But now, now, she has brought herself to him and he is going to turn the pan the way he wants to. She's brought herself to his den, his lair, he was already in need of a prey, her type to be exact. He didn't have to hunt, it brought himself to him and all he needs to do is plunder, which he will. There is nothing as forgiving and forgetting in his library, he hasn't forgiven her and from the looks of it, he won't either.

.....

Amirah walked beside, more like behind Imad whose strides are faster than a cheater's, she is not exaggerating. She also has some files in her hands which he didn't let her revise before they come out. She knew that she is supposed to know some few things inside so she won't look dumb in the meeting room filled with people that have quick cognitive capacity.

The man wants her to end up jobless, she knows that because that is the only reason he would want her to stay there with him like a statue. And just like she's heard, there are more assistants inside the room and if they try acting smarter than her, she sure is to lose the job like he wants. One thing she hates is looking stupid in a place filled with brilliant ones, she hates it. They will look down on her, it will definitely bruise her ego too.

Is that how he wants her to look? Stupid in front of those people so she will walk out of the company with her tail in between her legs? She won't give him that satisfaction, she will peek inside and see what is inside. Even though they have some pasts between them, it doesn't mean she will let it come between her and her work, her brother in-law's. She can't risk the man's work when all he is doing is helping her!

And like she thought, she started peeking inside while reading the merging that is about to take place with Zamani Corporation if they agree with their deal. They are offering a handsome percent of the shares and their ideas are also perfect. It is going to be profitable to both the companies if none is ready to create problem.

She sighed, at least she knows what is about to happen in those closed doors. He looks to be deep in thoughts, maybe that is why he didn't hear the sound of her opening and flipping papers. Just few more steps, he stopped outside an office where Conference Room is written in black on the silver template. It might be her doom or her reason to higher position of her own, she prayed for the latter.

He opened the door and stepped in, not bothering to hold it out for her and it was very heavy. She grunted as she push the door wider with her shoulder to help her get inside unscathed, it was a great task. A sigh escaped her lips when she landed in the room without bruise, pain or wound. She gets clumsy in the worst times but thank goodness nothing as such happened there, she wants everything to be perfect.

"Everyone is here, Sir." She heard someone say, yanking her out from her reverie.

Hurriedly, she glanced around the room to spot her boss. The room is painted slate, white blinds covered three huge windows. In the middle of the room, there is an enormous rectangular onyx table that took more than thirty chairs. All of those chairs have people sitting on it, all dressed to impress. There are papers in front of each person, a glass of water and bottles of water beside each, so chilled that she wants to gulp immediately.

Her nervousness hit her when she couldn't find her boss till last minute after she's finished looking at the room. He was sitting at the far end close to Salim who is talking to someone by his left, the man she's helped earlier in Imad's office. Her boss is sitting by the right where an empty sit sat beside him, so she tried to discretely move to where he is but unfortunately she couldn't reach there. All her prayers went down the drain.

Her loafers decided to stay behind to exchange some more pleasantries with the projector wire which she hadn't noticed till then resulting to her paying a visit to the tiled floor. She groaned trying to touch her buttocks which was the part that hit the ground, pretty hard. It hurts and knowing there are more people watching her made it more hurt.

She gritted her teeth wanting to shout at them to look at their work at the same time to come and help her. She tried standing up but slipped straight back to the floor because the pain isn't only on her buttocks but her upper thighs also. If she could feel clearly, her face has tears running down them but she can't raise her head to ask for help, she is too embarrassed, abashed to do so.

Someone helped her. And that person is someone she never expected.

Sup?!
How are you beautiful people? Bless Jannah for motivating me like this, I had to update cause the girl is one heck of a sweetheart. I love her please!!!😍
RQ; Have you ever stopped to think that, it's only when you are angry or in a hurry that your clothes get stuck to the door handle?! I have😹

Aishatu.
Xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 79 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...
485K 9.6K 13
*Highest Ranking #2 on What's Hot list- Spiritual* #1 in Hausa. #1 in Deen. #1 in MuslimRomance #1 in ProjectNigeria. Imagine being in a type of hou...
778K 28.8K 21
"Bu...But we are married" I tried to defend myself "But I don't consider you my wife, get the hell out of my room" He yelled I couldn't help but ju...
1M 48.7K 33
𝘽𝙮 𝙁𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙨𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝘽𝙊𝙊𝙆 # 01 Get ready to immerse yourself in the enthralling world of "Ayesha," a story about a 19-year-old college gi...