Unexpected

By Discov3r

It all started with a call, a call neither one of them will forget. It started with a kiss, a kiss neither on... More

Unexpected
Chapter 2.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 Part A
Chapter 21 Part B
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Authors note
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue

Chapter 3.

52K 910 42
By Discov3r

Eh, this isn't my best chapter, but ya know..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“NOAH!” I yell as I jump onto Noah’s back. He holds me up and starts walking down the hallway. “can you do me a favor?” I question. 

“What?” 

“Can you show the new guy around? I would but I’m not a senior and I don’t know all the rooms, but you’re a senior. You do.” 

Noah sighs as he walks up the stairs. “Fine but you have to cut the practice by 10 minutes.” 

I chuckle. “Deal!” I exclaim, Noah cuts a left. 

“Okay, so how do you know this ‘new guy?” Noah wonders. 

“He’s the one living with me, Emery,” I explain. Noah nods. I had told the guys about Emery this morning, I had no choice. My parents made me bring Emery to school. So the guys immediately made me explain. 

“Alright shortie, your stop.” I climb down and face Noah. 

“Promise me you’ll show Emery around?” Noah nods. “okay now get your ass moving!” I yell as I enter science, I hear Noah laughing. I plop down in the middle of Chance and Cade. “did we have homework?” I question as I take my binder out of my backpack. 

“Nope,” Chance answers. 

“I’m cutting practice ten minutes early.” 

Cade lifts an eyebrow as he looks at me. “Just because coach is sick and he left you in charge of everything doesn’t mean you get to call all the rules,” Cade scowls. 

I smirk. “Oh it so does.” 

“And there she is! Captain of the boys lacrosse team and on the cheerleading team, Cedes Element everyone!” Matt announces as I stroll over to the lacrosse field where we all have lunch. 

“And there he is! Attacker of the boys lacrosse team and slow as hell, Mathew Oliver everyone!” I announce back and everyone bursts into laughter. Matt scolds at me. 

“You’re so mean Cedes!” Matt whines. I wink at him and sit down on the grass. 

“The doctor called my mom earlier today, my concussion should be gone. So I’m free for cheerleading after school and I can play lacrosse now!” I announce. Cade bumps my fist and Chance and I do our secret handshake. 

“Atta girl!” Ross yells up in the air, I chuckle. 

“Scrimmage! I vote scrimmage!” Noah demands. I glare at him. 

“No scrimmage, we’re doing suicide’s and time watches.” everyone groans. Ross throws his half eaten sandwich in the air and throws himself on the ground.

“Cedes I hate you!” he complains, I stick my tongue out at him. 

“I’m doing them too, so shush,” I reply. 

Matt nods his head near the doors of the school. “He’s a big guy, I have third period with him.” everyone looks to where Matt is looking. Emery. 

“Think he plays lacrosse? We could use someone like him,” Cade says. 

Ross looks at me. “Go ask,” he demands. I roll my eyes. 

“I’m not going to ask.” Ross sighs and lays back down on the grass. 

“He’s shy, though,” Noah adds. “I mean he agreed that I could show him around but he never actually talked to me and he never talked in the classes I have with him. But he surely is a hit with the females.” 

“You like him?” Cade teases with a chuckle. 

I shake my head. “He’s just an old friend whose now back. He forgot about me for 8 years, he’s no part of my life anymore,” I declare as I look away from Emery and up at the sky. 

He’s nothing but a shadow of the past. 

*

I take the milk out of the fridge and start pouring it in the small bowl of cereal on the counter. 

“Cedes?” I jump when I hear my mom’s voice. 

“Yeah!” I call when I finish putting the milk in my bowl. 

My mom enters the kitchen and stares at me as she leans against the doorframe. “Where’s Emery?” she asks, I shrug, and put the milk back in the fridge. 

“Don’t know, don’t care.”

My mom gives me a stern look and rests her hands on her hips before speaking. “Cedes, we’re going shopping so you better go move your ass and find Emery, or you’re not getting your new lacrosse stick,” she bosses and I groan. 

“Can’t I finish my cereal before?” I whine. Mom lifts her eyebrows and I sigh. “fine, jeez I’m moving!” I exclaim as I start moving out of the kitchen. 

All I wanted to do was eat my cereal but noooooo, I have to go find Emery. 

“Emery?” I knock on the door and twist the doorknob, looking around his empty room. I sigh and close his door. I then walk to the bathroom, knocking on the closed door. No answer. 

“Yeah?” I jump in the air and shriek. I turn around to see Emery leaning against my doorframe that’s behind him. I roll my eyes and place my hand over my pounding heart. 

“Oh, um we’re leaving so get in the car!” I yell over my shoulder as I start walking down the stairs. 

“I could’ve done that, Cedes,” mom scolds as I step down the last stair, I shrug. 

“Your fault, not mine.” 

I hop in the car and wait for my mom and Emery. “Cedes, how’s Cade doing?” dad asks as he turns around from the passenger side. 

I narrow my eyes. “Dad he broke his foot a month ago, he’s perfectly fine,” I chuckle. 

My dad shrugs and face forward as mom and Emery starts coming in the Equinox. 

“You guys ready to hit the mall!” my mom exclaims as she stars the car, I groan, grab my ipod on the floor of the car, put in my earbuds, and crank my music. 

This is going to be a boring Saturday. 

“Please just get me out of this misery!” I whine as I glare at a pair of booty shorts on a mannequin. 

Cade laughs over the phone. “It cant be that bad.” 

I laugh. “Oh, yes, yes it can. Girls throwing themselves at Emery, 13 and 14 year olds following him around the whole mall, my mom making me try on this horrid outfit, my dad making a whole shelf of books fall over, and this 15 year old hitting on me. Oh, Cade it can be that bad.” 

“15, huh? Who knew you liked the younger guys, Cede.” 

“Ha ha.” I look behind me to see Emery walking alone past Hollister I was now in. Emery looks in the store and catches my eyes. I look away from him and continue strolling past this horrible wanna be store. 

“Did you get the babe?” Cade asks. 

“I did and man is she a beauty. 230 dollars, Cade, 230! Do you know how many months I’ve been saving up for this stick?” 

“5 months, Cedes, five.” 

I grin. “Exactly, Cade.” 

“Alright, I’m heading out with Chance, we’re heading to the park to play some football with the guys. See ya, Cedes.” before I could complain to him how I want to go, he hangs up. 

“Friends with just all the guys now aren’t we?” I jump back when I hear Emery’s deep voice. 

I give him a hard glare. “At least we’ll all remember each other in 8 years,” I snap as I walk by him and out the store. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote <3  

Comment <3  

And tell me what you think <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Bound By R

Action

2.6K 106 32
We all thought we were normal. But we learned we weren't 2 weeks before school ended. We have never met our grandparents until we learned what we are...
1M 39.5K 74
Rated No.1 #matureaudience #separation #maturelanguage #contractmarriage #loveforever #funnyromance#chicklit || 𝑯𝒆 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒔𝒉�...
496K 19.3K 55
"He likes your curves. Rightfully claims you as his... in his mind." Asher now speaks staring at the golden boy. I carefully peek through my lashes t...
4K 124 54
"Get Away From Me" I stated as backed up against the wall. "I can do whatever I damn well, please. You belong to me." He said before kissing me. ...