Common Sense Not Found (Dnf)

By nolongerNofTD

After many years of being "just friends", an incident including alcohol and a simple game of Seven Minutes in... More

Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Epilogue
Karlnap Spin-off
My Other Story!

Chapter Two

32.3K 941 4.4K
By nolongerNofTD

"Oh, come on now,"

The sound of high-pitched screaming and protesting came from George's side of the mic as Dream swung his sword once more at the block character in front of him.

"Dream, I'm gonna die!" George's comment didn't keep his friend from attacking and in the end, George's expensive belongings were scattered across the bottom of a ravine.

"I told you not to touch my stuff!" The sentence came out as no more than a jumble of words, seeing as Dream could barely speak through his own wheezing.

'User has joined your channel,' A robotic voice spoke over the consistent laughing and yelling that was flooding the call.

"What are you two doing?" Almost immediately, cheers of excitement were erupting from Sapnap's headset as he sat, waiting for an answer.

"We're playing Minecraft," The answer to Sapnap's original question was finally given, as the former excitement came to a close, "and Dream just killed me,"

"I bet you deserved it," Sapnap teased.

"I did not!"

"You totally did," Dream's voice finally broke through the conversation as he laughed.

"Whatever," The other two could already imagine the brunette with his arms crossed over his chest and the same pouty face that he always made when he became frustrated.

The group ended up messing around on Dream's SMP until finally, George was told he had to go eat dinner with his family, seeing as it was his mother's birthday.

"I'll be on later!" George assured the group as his mouse hovered over the button to leave the call.

"Bye~" Dream and Sapnap's voices blended together as they practically fought over who could say bye the loudest and the longest, Sapnap finally giving in and letting Dream win.

George finally left the calling, laughing, and headed down the stairs towards the kitchen. His house was slightly chilly, so as soon as he was all the way downstairs, he grabbed a hoodie hanging on the banister.

The kitchen was filled with banter, so he headed in that direction.

Just as expected, there were multiple boxes of pizza set up and his family was surrounding them, laughing at one another's jokes and sharing how their days had gone.

George slipped into a conversation with his younger sister, seeing an opportunity to tease her about her and her boyfriend.

Dinner came and went and eventually it was time for his mum to blow out the candles on her store-bought cake.

As the birthday song came to a wrap, George's younger sister spoke up, "What's your wish?"

"Well," She looked to George suspiciously, "I wish that George would admit his feelings for Dream and save us all," His family laughed, but he only choked.

"W-What?!" George was practically yelling and his expression was one of pure shock, which seemed to send his family into even more laughter.

"I'm only kidding, George. I wish for my entire families happiness," She smirked, "Not just yours."

George playfully smacked her in the shoulder and faced away from his family, clearly blushing.

'Why do I have to make it so painfully obvious?' He mentally smacked himself before turning back towards his family and joining in on the currently political conversation his entire family was invested in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seeing as the party was over, George made the trip back to his room and over to his computer. He was somewhat excited to see Dream and Sapnap sitting in a video call. He quickly joined, placing his headset over his ears and situating his webcam before finally turning it on.

"It's George!" Sapnap nearly yelled, regretting his decision shortly after when his dad stepped into the room, scolding him for being so loud, "Sorry, dad,"

The call was filled with laughter and teasing as soon as Sapnap's dad left and it made it even funnier to watch Sapnap pout.

"You look like a child," Dream teased.

"Technically, he is a child," George added, finally settling down.

"I am NOT a child! I am a big, strong man!"

"You should tell that to your dad," Dream continued to laugh, but he was finally able to speak without breaking his sentence with a wheeze.

"No! He'd probably kill me!"

The conversation continued as if there were a target pointed directly at Sapnap. He was a good sport, but only got progressively more pissed as the night went on.

Eventually, it was nearly midnight and the trio had to say their goodbyes and get ready for bed.

Deciding there was no way he could possibly sleep, George gathered a towel and some extra clothes and made his way to the bathroom.

He was greeted by the stereotypical beach themed bathroom, as picked by his mother when they moved here from England.

The walls were blue, his favorite color, and the shower curtain was decorated by starfish and sharks, an odd combination in George's opinion.

As the shower started, stray water drops placed themselves on George's face. He sat on the edge of the bathtub, allowing the water droplets to continue dripping down his cheeks.

The bathroom quickly became steamy and the only sound to be heard throughout the house was the force of water hitting the bottom of an empty shower.

Finally, deciding he had zoned out for long enough, George undressed himself and stepped into the water, feeling the sudden rush of relaxation hit his skin. The water was hot, but not hot enough to burn him.

He stepped out of the water to wash his hair, suddenly becoming very cold upon leaving the warm water. Fingers brushing through his brunette hair, his mind began to wander.

George sat down on the floor of the bathtub, concentrating on his thoughts, no longer wanting them to leave him alone.

His imagination took him to a car, late at night. He was in the passenger seat and he could hear the soft noise of a radio playing. There was a voice singing along and he didn't even have to look in the direction of the singing to know who it was.

Suddenly, he became very aware of the hand on his thigh. It was comforting, although unexpected.

George allowed himself to tilt his head backwards and let out a sigh, attracting the attention of the driver.

"Oh, you're awake!" George only nodded in response, "You've been asleep for forever,"

"Oh," George didn't remember sleeping at all, but he figured the truth was being told.

"Did you want anything to eat?" Again, the only response he gave was a nod.

The hand that had been resting on his leg was moved back to the steering wheel as they switched lanes, towards an exit. Neon signs left the raindrops on his window to stand out like rainbows, engulfing his vision in a mess of colors.

He squinted his eyes and turned back towards the man next to him. His features sparkled in the moonlight and George was forced to peel his gaze away when it lurked on the other's lips, a little too long.

They stopped at a McDonald's, ordering far too much food. After receiving their food from the second window, they merged back onto the highway; however, it wasn't long before the were drifting off the main road again, towards a rest stop.

The car was parked at the very end of the rest stop, almost completely out of view from the main road.

'Maybe he'll murder me,' George stifled a laugh before reaching his hand into the bag of food set on the floor next to his feet.

After distributing the food between the two of them, they ate in silence except for the low noise admitting from the radio. It was by no means uncomfortable silence, as they enjoyed the other's presence.

Almost immediately after they were done eating, George was being pulled from the car and towards a lonesome street light.

Upon hearing music playing, a hand was wrapped around George's waist and he was practically being spun around as they began to dance.

It was something from a movie.

'Perfect'

"Georgie," The name brought George's gaze up towards the other's face.

"Dream," He whispered, as if the name were poison, as if saying the name would bring this moment to an end.

And it did.

George jumped as he heard a knock at the bathroom door.

"George? Honey, it's 1 am. What are you doing?" His mum's worried voice came from the other side of the door.

"Just..." George was at a loss for words, clearly disappointed, "thinking."

The sound of footsteps fading caused George to let out a breathe he wasn't aware he had been holding.

He covered his face with his hands and sighed once more, propping himself up against the back of the bathtub.

'I've really fucked myself over this time.'

Just thinking about the dream-like state he had just been in sent a burning pain straight through his chest, engulfing his heart in a flurry of flames.

He turned off the shower and put on his clothes before checking his phone.

One new message from Dream

George opened the message, expecting something like a goodnight, but was surprised to find out what the message actually read.

Dream: Could you meet me at the park in like 10?

Sent 12:55

Looking at the time, George realized it had been sent almost 6 minutes ago.

Almost instantly, he was downstairs putting on his shoes. He slipped out, avoiding making any sounds and nearly ran down the street towards the park.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well.

That's fluffy...

Word Count: 1527

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.7K 532 12
Dream's got a sweet tooth. A special appreciation for all things sweet. Even when it comes to his best friend, George. The boy with dark features, me...
327K 7.5K 38
George was in college, what happens when he gets a new roommate that turns out to be his enemy? #27 in karlnap 12/31/2022 Cover: @d04_exe On Twitter...
622K 17.2K 37
DreamNotFound/Gream George and Clay have been best friends for a little over 2 years now, and George thinks he is starting to have feelings towards C...
165K 3.4K 19
~george and dream have been friends for a long time... what happens when one of them show a little confidence?~ tw!! nsfw, fluff, smut, and i'm not s...