Crazy 8 ~ (The Umbrella Acade...

By Cherrypop455

Jane Challis was never alone with the many voices and people in her head daily. She was insane. But also insa... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 2

6.4K 154 29
By Cherrypop455

Jane allowed Grace to pick her outfit for the funeral because she felt bad for Grace. Now all she had to do all day was take care of her and Pogo. She now and to stop a routine she had learned over the course of 20 some years. So Jane allowed for Grace to basically play dress up on her and had been acting extra needy knowing it kept Grace busy and happy. But she hated how much skin was showing with this black dress, and how the makeup felt on her face. She only ever wore eyeliner not the whole thing of foundation and lipstick.

Jane walked around the academy anxious to meet her other 'siblings'. Pogo warned her that some may be more welcoming then others, which made her simply nod but was scared of being rejected by them. Pogo had given her some back story on the 5 that were coming but when she asked about the other two Pogo went a bit upset. "Number five disappeared a long time ago after arguing about jumping through time so we don't know where.... or when he is. As for Ben...... he lost his life during a mission many years ago." Pogo explained with a sad far away look almost replaying all these incidents in his head.

"Oh I'm sorry." She mumbled feeling awkward but Pogo shook his head. He was about to talk in more detail when the door bell rang, "That must be one of the children now, let's go Jane." He said it formally as he guided her out of the random bedroom she had walked into and down stairs to see a very buff and tall man looking around. He seemed to whip around hastily at their approach his eyes glaring into Janes soul.

"Ah master Luther, I wish we were meeting on better circumstances. Please meet your sister and the most recent student here at the academy Jane or also known as Number 8." Pogo introduced as Jane waved her hand awkwardly but Luther looked like he didn't trust her even a bit. "Luther..... it's a pleasure." He said it gruffly and obviously to him it wasn't a pleasure he looked to already hate her. Before she could even speak another word Luther was quick to leave the room not even sparing her a glance as he made his way to his old bedroom. Pogo smiled softly and in apologies to Luthers behavior but she simply shrugged as if she were unbothered.

The next person to arrive was Klaus, who Jane was actually very excited to meet. She had heard of his power to speak to the dead and Grace had always told Jane he was a fun person to be around. She was true to her word as Klaus walked in without knocking or ringing the bell and immediately began grabbing things to pawn. Stopping a bit short at the sight of a new face. "Allison or Vanya? You look a bit different then I remember." He said as he grabbed Janes hair and began twirling it between his fingers in interest. "Actually I'm Jane or also known as number 8." Jane smiled in excitement making him hug her.

She immediately tensed up and pushed him away a little roughly. "I just I got a thing about being touched." She said with a pained smile as he looked at her in disbelief. "Oh sorry well it's nice meeting you but I got a few more things to take care of." He said with a wink as he continued to pocket things along his way.

Next to arrive was Diego, Janes heart began to pound in happiness now actually seeing someone she knew. "Diego nice to see you again." Jane smiled coyly at him. He smiled back charmingly making Jane want to scream right then and there. "Jane nice seeing you again." He complimented as came in wearing the same black outfit as before. He then went on a tour of the house either avoiding everyone or to go be a mommas boy. Next to arrive was Allison, she looked uneasy of the newcomer until Pogo explained that she was the newest to the academy making Allison nod in understanding. She too went straight for a different room then Jane.

Last to arrive was Vanya she was the most natural and plain looking of the family. But none the less she shook Janes hand but seemed upset to know Jane was a new addition to the academy. She was jealous that Jane had powers like the rest of her family. Allison soon reappeared hugging Vanya making Jane feel awkward watching them so she began walking away until she spotted Diego.

"What the hell is she doing here?" He asked bitterly towards Vanya making Jane stop in her place. The siblings began bickering and then Diego stormed off. Jane immediately following behind him, he was the only one that seemed welcoming besides Klaus. He slowed down and waited for Jane to catch up before walking into his old bedroom and looking around. "So liking your new family so far?" He asked in a tone that was a bit snarky although he was generally interested in Janes thoughts of everyone. "Well I already have my favorites let's just put it that way." Jane said sounding exhausted from the mere social interaction making him nod before looking at her in amusement. "And who may I ask are your favorites."

He sounded like he was being cocky but Jane didn't care she found it as a friendly gesture. "You and Klaus." She shrugged catching him off guard that he actually was an option. "Wait I understand me but Klaus?" He asked like she had three heads. "He's very amusing to me.... and quite friendly unlike some." She said hinting that his other siblings were anything but. "Give them time or maybe avoid them like I do. Honestly it'd probably be for the best." He said it so naturally like he really had no feelings for them but even Jane could see his lies.

"Well I'm not much of a social butterfly anyways. So that won't be too hard but I could care less on others options of me." She said truthfully as she went and leaned on the wall a bit uncomfortable being in a bedroom with a man alone. "You alright? Your like stiff could you sit on the bed or something?" He asked as she stiffly was leaned on the wall furthest from him. But he saw something flash in her eyes, so quick you could have missed it by blinking.

"Uh no thanks I'm comfy over here." Although her heels looked to be digging she stayed out almost like she feared moving. "Alright suit yourself although this bed is comfy." He said rubbing a spot on it but she continued to stare stiffly from the wall. "No uh I'm good." Her eyes looking anywhere but him, he had been in the police academy he knew when someone was acting weird but he couldn't place his finger on it so he didn't push.

"I'm gonna go speak to Luther I'll be right back." He said before leaving the room and going down the hall making Jane untense her body. He came back a few minutes later before leading her down stairs. He gave her his elbow so she didn't fall down the stairs in her heels. Allison came walking by and saw the two before a weird smirk made it's way to her face. But she quickly walked away with said smirk to the living room for the family meeting.

As Jane walked in all eyes went to her and she felt a blush creep up. Unaware she still held Diego's arm and walked with him to the couch sitting by him. "So what's this family meeting about?" Diego broke the silence as everyone's eyes just stayed glued to Janes every move. "We need to discuss how dad died." Luther said with a pointed look in her direction. Diego for some reason didn't like the look and leaned forward blocking luthers view of her. "Oh here we go, he died of heart failure like the coroner said." He said with a bit of attitude.

"You guys think that it's just a coincidence? I'm just saying it's a bit weird he dies after your arrival. Jane was it?" He asked clearly thinking she had caused this. Feeling everyone's eyes on her Jane began to feel a little overwhelmed instantly Hammerhead came through, if you hadn't been watching you'd have missed the change in her appearance. Everyone looked shock as she laughed bitterly. "That's funny Luther was it? Reginald brought me here to train me..... that's it and I didn't particularly hate the guy. But you on the other hand? Your like every other Pig in this world. If you were smart you'd keep your distance or I'll make you wish you'd never come back from the moon space boy." She said it with so much hatred it made everyone go silent but she simply sat back and glared at Luther.

"Look Jane-" Allison started to apologize for Luthers rude assumptions but was caught off. "My names Hammerhead...... " she said with the quickest of looks to a confused Allison. Well everyone looked confused now. "But you said your name was Jane." Luther smirked thinking he'd caught her in a lie but as she stood up and took a threatening step towards him Diego got in front of her. "Guys this is Hammerhead, she is one of the personalities that live inside of Jane.... one of 60 something. Each having their own powers so I highly suggest you stand down Luther." Diego said trying to make everyone calm down towards Jane. But Luther yet again thought he'd be a dick to Jane.

"I don't see much to be scared of." Luther said egging her on making Diego step away and give an open shot to Luther for Hammerhead. She walked up into his face but Luther didn't even crack a smile unaware of the power she possesses. "Bye Luther." Hammerhead whispered as she grabbed his arm and chucked his entire body across the room making him nearly hit the wall and break a lamp. He looked stunned that such a tiny girl had lifted him with ease. She began stalking towards him when Diego blocked her view.

Hammerhead was about to tell him off but Jane hurried to the surface and smiled apologetic to him. But she just shot a heated glare at Luther before sitting back down. Luther gruffly stood up and made his way to being the leader of the meeting again. Everyone laughing that he'd gotten his ass kicked by Jane.

"We should hold the funeral in dads favorite spot." Luther said with a casual smile that was met with confused stares. "Dad had a favorite spot?" Someone asked making Luther look at them like they were crazy. Then going into detail how he and his father would go sit there together again earning blank stares. "Favoritism much?" Jane muttered leaning back into the couch soon followed by Diego.

But none the less they soon agreed to have the funeral by their brother Bens statue. He then accused his other siblings of killing their father which again was met by hostility like Jane had done before everyone left. Separating into separate rooms and away from one another. Jane stayed put in the living room with Diego not wanting to walk upstairs and blister her feet anymore then they were.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 143 35
{diego hargreeves ff} Kate Patch doesn't know much about her boyfriend's family or their upbringing but offers her own debatable skills as they all t...
54.9K 975 21
PART 2 OF A SERIES! Who knew saving the world would be this hard. Again. "On April 1rst, 2019, the Earth was destroyed in a cataclysmic event. Bill...
3.4K 12 26
Aleya Hargreeves had never felt normal in her life, especially having five brothers and two sisters that were born on the same day as her, but not re...
14.3K 304 71
"It's you and me, today, tomorrow, forever and a day" Who would have thought that two people that hate each other so much that they want nothing more...