That Way | Julie and the Phan...

By imactuallyokok

Ellery spent her whole life trying to please everyone around her, especially her father. When she and her sis... More

๐€๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ญ๐ข๐œ๐ฌ
๐Ÿ โ‹† ๐–๐š๐ค๐ž ๐”๐ฉ โ‹†
๐Ÿ โ‹† ๐๐ซ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ โ‹†
๐Ÿ‘ โ‹† ๐…๐ฅ๐ฒ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐’๐จ๐ฅ๐จ โ‹†
๐Ÿ’ โ‹† ๐–๐š๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ โ‹†
๐Ÿ“ โ‹† ๐’๐š๐Ÿ๐ž๐ญ๐ฒ ๐๐ข๐ง โ‹†
๐Ÿ” โ‹† ๐ƒ๐ž๐š๐ซ ๐” โ‹†
๐Ÿ• โ‹† ๐ƒ๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž โ‹†
๐Ÿ– โ‹† ๐…๐ข๐ง๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐…๐ซ๐ž๐ž โ‹†
๐Ÿ— โ‹† ๐“๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐–๐š๐ฒ โ‹†
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ โ‹† ๐”๐ง๐ฌ๐š๐ข๐ ๐„๐ฆ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฒ โ‹†
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ โ‹† ๐„๐ฑ๐ก๐š๐ฅ๐ž โ‹†
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘ โ‹† ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐†๐จ๐ญ ๐๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐“๐จ ๐‹๐จ๐ฌ๐ž โ‹†
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’ โ‹† ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ง๐ ๐“๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ โ‹†

๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ โ‹† ๐„๐๐ ๐ž ๐Ž๐Ÿ ๐†๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ญ โ‹†

800 15 4
By imactuallyokok

🎶

A few days later, before school, Julie, Alexa and I are halfway down the stairs when Ray's voice reaches our ears as he sings 'Finally Free' in the kitchen.
Turning the corner, we see Reggie is next to him, singing along.

"This is new" Julie smiles, we both take a seat at the island

"Yeah, I was in a mood for some breakfast"

"He thought you were talking to him" Reggie chuckles "Me and your dad are pals now. It's a little one-sided but it works"

The girls and I lean on the island, listening.

"Look after the talk we had the other night, I was thinking I may have cost you an opportunity with that manager so I was thinking—"

"Dad, no" Julie shakes her head "I should've never snuck out"

"Let the man speak" Reggie butts in, gesturing around Ray's stomach "He's been stress eating all week, I don't know where he puts it though. It's all firm"

"I know but I really wanna support the band so I called in some favors and booked you a local gig"

My eyebrows raise almost immediately in surprise and excitement.

"Best dad ever! What?" Reggie smiles

"Oh my Gosh! Where? Did you call your buddy from Drake's?"

"Not quite" Ray gives us a smile "I called Flynn and she's gonna help us throw a party here tonight, I'm sure you two can help"

I look at him "Yeah of course"

"Oh so you booked us a gig at our house?"

"Maybe I was a little early with the 'Best dad ever'"

"Alright, hear me out" Ray pleads "You invite some of your friends over, you play with your band and I'll get some of my colleagues to put you on film. So you have something professional for your Youtube"

"That's actually a great idea, tio" Alexa smiles widely at the man

"You'd do that for me?" Julie smiles too

"Yeah!"

"Back to best dad ever" Reggie smiles and steps to the side as Ray walks over to the counter "I'll go tell the guys, have a good day at work Ray! It's cool, you don't have to answer"

He vanishes from the kitchen, Julie, Alexa and I share a look laughing silently.

I think he forgets nobody but Julie can see him sometimes

🎶

"Hey Elle" Julie smiles when I meet her and Alexa at our lockers "Did Flynn text you about the dance we're going to perform today?"

"Yeah" I groan "I think I'll skip though"

"Of course" Julie laughs "What's wrong?"

"I just don't feel like dancing"

I shrug, giving a smile to Luke who has just appeared next to Julie's locker, only she hasn't seen him yet because he's hiding behind her door.

"But you love dancing" Julie turns to look at me as she closes her locker

"Who said that?"

Alexa laughs and I push her away from me. When Julie turns around, she jumps back.

"Hey" The guitarist smiles down at her

"Ah! Normal people don't do that and ghosts definitely shouldn't" She crosses her arms as I lean back on the lockers, watching the teens make their way around as music blasts through my AirPods and Alexa types furiously on her phone "What are you doing here?"

"We need to talk about what song we're gonna play tonight" Luke tells her and I advert my eyes to him "I was thinking 'Great'?"

I can't stop myself from admiring him while he's focused on talking to Julie. His usual lowered jeans and old vans, and a purple sweater that looks really good on him. What I'd come to love the most, besides his dimples, was the bandana he always had wrapped either around his arm while he performed or strapped on his pants like right now.

What am I talking about?

Shaking my head, I look at Alexa, who raises her eyebrows at me with a smirk.

"You're drooling" She mocks and I slap her arm

"Shut it"

"You know what, why don't you just ditch school today? Let's go rehearse" I focus back on the conversation going on next to us

"What? No, I promised dad, school first"

"Right, you're at school first and now you're leaving to go rehearse"

I chuckle and Julie shakes her head.

"Come on, I can't do this without you"

"I can't" She answers "I told Nick I'd be his dance partner"

"Hey Julie!"

I look behind Luke to see the blonde boy makes his way to us.

"And he's heading this way, I gotta go" Julie mumbles just before Nick stops in front of her, Luke right next to him

"Hey" He smiles

"Well don't you look sharp" Luke looks him up and down

"You ready for our big performance?"

"Oh yeah" Julie rocks on her feet, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear and I smirk "Yeah, we're gonna do great"

"I'm glad you're confident, even after three classes I still think I got worse. It's a good thing I got my secret weapon"

"Oh oh I think someone has a crush on Julie" Luke mocks

"Shut up" Julie tells him through gritted teeth before noticing Nick's face "Shut up!"

"No, seriously Molina" Nick nods, Luke mimicking him "I'm nothing without you"

"No no, you're gonna be fine" Julie pushes his shoulder playfully "See you in there?"

"Yeah, I'll be the guy trying not to make us look stupid" Nick looks at me "Oh Elle, Jayden was asking for you"

"Why?" I roll my eyes

"He's your dance partner"

"That's just great" I mumble, giving him a fake smile "Tell him I won't be there"

"Of course"

He laughs and turns around, walking away, Luke follows him halfway before walking back to us.

"Well he is just too cute"

"Boundaries" Julie tells him "I'll see you after school"

"Jayden is looking for you huh?" Alexa nudges me, walking away before I can punch her arm

"Have fun with Hayes!"

She whines, looking back at me with a glare as they walk away, the bell ringing.

"Guess we'll just have to carry you tonight just like we always do!"Luke calls out to them, leaning on the locker next to me "I know you're smiling, kill it on the dance floor!"

His little dance makes me laugh and shake my head.

"Your jealousy is showing" I whisper before turning on my heels and walking away

"I don't know what you're talking about" He follows after me

I nod "Keep telling yourself that"

"Where are you going?" He changes the subject when he notices everyone is walking the opposite way

"I'm ditching" I shrug "I'm not dancing with freaking Jayden"

"Who's that?"

"Dude, you're starting to sound like Alex with all the questions" I look at him as we finally get out of the school "Jayden's the quarterback, he has been trying to get with me for a year now"

"And why hasn't he succeeded?"

"Well let's see, first he's a lifer, second he's been with every girl in this school besides me and our girls" I walk backwards in front of him "And lastly, I can't be with anyone"

I vanish in front of him, meeting the boys in the studio. Just seconds later, Luke joins us.

"Elle!" Reggie jumps up from the couch and hugs me

"Hey Reg" We pull away and I take a seat on the couch, next to Alex "What have you been doing?"

"Waiting for Luke" Alex shrugs "Shouldn't you be at school?"

"I'm dead, what difference does school make?" I mumble, smiling at him when he laughs

"Right"

Luke sits down on the chair next to the couch, him and Reggie, who's sitting next to me, with their instruments in their laps while Alex holds his drumsticks.

"Do you need help with anything?" I question when I notice Luke staring at his journal

"So we're thinking of playing 'Great' tonight right?" He speaks up, his eyes never leaving the lyrics "Do you think you can sing while we play so we have an idea of what it sounds like? Maybe helps us out"

"Uh yeah"

A few moments later, after playing a bit of the song, Luke stops to say something but our attention is quickly stollen by Willie peaking through the window.

"Again? What's that all about?" Reggie questions

"I don't know" Alex replies lowly and I look at him before he decides to stop Willie

I wait a few moments before following him outside, just as Willie goes away.

"Al?" I whisper and he looks at me

I open my arms and he steps closer, leaning down to hide his face on my shoulder as I rub his back.

🎶

I watch from the couch as the boys rehearse, Luke and Reggie are doing just fine but Alex is letting his emotions out and I can't blame him, I just wish I could do something.
Luke and Reggie stop, looking at their friend, worried. Slowly but surely he comes back to reality, looking back at them.

"Alex, you're alright?" Luke questions

"Yeah, yeah why?"

"I know it's though man" Reggie speaks up "People say you never forget your first ghost, maybe that's true but I'm sure they're will be others"

"Yeah, thanks Reg" Alex nods

"And Alex, you're a great drummer and a great guy, alright? I wouldn't let all that stuff get into between you and what you love"

"I don't know man, sometimes a little fire can make things better on stage"

The three of us snap our head to Reggie, who smiles widely as usual.

"Like you and Julie" Reggie points at Luke

"What? What is that supposed to mean?"

I notice Alex look at me but I focus on the phone in my hands, Alexa texting me about their dance class.

"C'mon, everyone can see the way you look at her when you sing, you guys ooze chemistry"

"You should never say ooze again but yeah, I agree" Alex stands up and I know what he's doing when he gives me a look

Asshole

"No, I have chemistry with everyone that I sing with" Luke puts the guitar down as the other two boys smile "Seriously watch" Luke walks closer to Reggie, their faces just inches away from each other "I believe, I believe that we're just one dream away from who we're meant to be, that we're standing on the edge of... great"

Reggie's face falls completely when Luke holds onto his neck and I can't help but laugh as he gets flustered.

"Wow, I see chemistry" Alex mocks

"That was pretty hot" Reggie nods, gulping

I hold my belly, crying of laughter when Luke kisses his fingers and lays them on Reggie's lips, who stares at him completely shocked. He clears his throat and holds up his bass.

"Girls, am I right?"

"Yeah" Luke smiles, picking up his guitar and looking at me

"No" Alex sits back down, making me laugh even more

They start playing and I fan my face, trying to stop laughing.

🎶

Later that night, Julie and Alexa force me to follow them to her room after having a quick practice with the boys.

"Alright, I'm gonna take a shower but Alexa took this clothes out for you to wear"

"But why" I whine "You're the one that needs to stand out"

"Just humor me please" Alexa pleads as Julie goes into her bathroom and leaves me staring at the clothes on her bed "Trust us!"

Sighing, I decide to make them happy after staring at my sister for a few seconds and end up pulling the black crop top on with the light blue mom jeans which are majorly ripped with some chains hanging from the belt and my black boots just as Julie steps out of the bathroom in a white top covered with purple and blue butterflies, black and white cargo pants and her white combat boots which have butterflies in them too.

"You look so good Elle!" She walks to my side, the three of us standing in front of the mirror

"Look at you! You look amazing!"

"Thank you, ready Alexa?" She smiles and my sister nods "Let's get down there"

The three of us make our way downstairs and before walking out of the house, I speak up.

"You should go through the back and enter the studio from the back door so nobody sees you"

"Yeah, that makes sense" She nods "I'll see you in a bit"

"Show them what you got!"

I yell as she makes her way to the back of the house and I squeeze Alexa's hand before she follows after the other girl.
I quickly make my way to the front of the studio, where a lot of people from our school were already gathered, I ask Ray if he needed anything and after getting a 'no, thank you' for an answer, I make my way to where Nick is with Carrie.

"Thanks for coming Nick" I smile, standing on his other side just so I could keep an eye on the ginger

"I wouldn't miss it"

"She'll be happy to see you"

Before any of us say anything else, Flynn grabs a mic and announces the band.

"What's up, everybody? Time to put your hands up, do a little dance, here's the new anthem from Julie and the Phantoms"

Cheering, I watch as Carlos and his friend open the studio's door and Julie steps through, making her way to the piano we had pushed outside earlier, she rubs her hands nervously as she looks around with a smile.

"Thanks for coming everyone"

The boys stand on their usual positions, Luke on her left, Reggie on the right and Alex right behind her, waiting to start playing.
Julie looks over everyone, her eyes landing on me as I join Flynn's side right at the center, the two of us give her an encouraging smile.

♪ 𝐑𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭
𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐰
𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐨𝐛𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬
𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐫𝐮𝐛𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐖𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤
𝐖𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐜𝐭, 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐮𝐬 ♪

Alex hits the drums and just like that they appear in front of everyone, almost all of them gasping. Alexa walks out of the studio, playing her bass along with Reggie.
The girls next to us admire the boys, gushing over them while Julie stands up from the piano.

♪ 𝐈 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞, 𝐈 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦
𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐝𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟
𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐢𝐠, 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐲
𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐭 𝐮𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐰𝐧 ♪

I watch my five best friends closely, even though I watch them play everyday they still manage to surprise me each time they perform. Julie turns to Reggie and Alex, singing beautifully, both Alexa and I finding it weird when she doesn't acknowledges Luke.

♪ 𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐝𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭
(𝑶𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒅𝒈𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕) 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 (3x)
'𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐝𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 ♪

Julie continues to dance with Alexa while Luke sings, glancing at her from time to time.

♪ 𝐖𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬
𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐫𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬
𝐓𝐨 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐮𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐠𝐨
𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐧𝐨 ♪

Luke gestures with his head for Julie to come closer but she ignores him, Alex's face shows me he's just as confused as we are. Luke's eyes find mine as he sings the next verse with her and I smile to easy him up.

♪ 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐚 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧
𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞
𝐓𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩
𝐔𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐰𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐲 ♪

"What's with Julie and Luke?" I question

"I'll tell you later" Flynn whispers

♪ 𝐈 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞
𝐈 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦
𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐝𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟
𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐢𝐠, 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐲
𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐭 𝐮𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐰𝐧 ♪

I mouth the words along with them as always and Julie makes her through the crowd. She sits on top of the piano and holds a mic out for me. Flynn and Luke cheer me on and both smile when I give in, grabbing the mic like my life depended on it.

♪ 𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐝𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭
(𝑶𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒅𝒈𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕) 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 (3x)
'𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐝𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 ♪

I shake my head, smiling and singing as I lift myself up to take a seat next to Julie.

♪ 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭, 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭
𝐂'𝐦𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭, 𝐨𝐮𝐭
𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐚 𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐢𝐭
𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬
𝐁𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞
𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭, 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭
𝐂'𝐦𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭, 𝐨𝐮𝐭
𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐎𝐨𝐡-𝐨𝐡 ♪

She kneels on top of the piano and smiles down at me just as Luke makes his way to my other side, the other three stop playing, letting him have a very unexpected guitar solo.

♪ 𝐈 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞, 𝐈 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦
𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐝𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 ♪

He leans his back on my shoulder, Julie on my other side smiling widely as she lets me have the next verse with Luke.

♪ 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐢𝐠, 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐲
𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐭 𝐮𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐰𝐧 ♪

I smile at the two of them, Luke goes back to his mic and Julie stands up.

♪ '𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐝𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭
(𝑶𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒅𝒈𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕) 𝐎𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐝𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 (2x)
'𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐝𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟... ♪

I quickly jump from the piano, walking to Alexa's side as I knew it was Julie's solo next and I was not going to steal her spotlight. Alex and Reggie vanish and Luke makes his way to sit down next to her.

♪ 𝐑𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭
𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐰
𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐨𝐛𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 ♪

The two of them smile at each other, Luke vanishing as everyone cheers, Julie stands up smiling and thanking everyone.

🎶

I lay on the studio's roof, staring at the stars when I hear one of the boys appear behind me.

"Hey" Alex speaks quietly like he's afraid of waking up anyone even though the Molina's were having dinner with Flynn back at the house while Reggie, Alexa and Luke were joking around in the studio "What's wrong?"

"Nothing" I shrug, looking at him as he lays down next to me

"I know when you lie" He smiles "Your eyebrow and your nose twitch, you also have a tendency to not look me in the eye"

I scrunch my face up, whining and pushing him away "Stop"

"You're my best friend, I'm supposed to know you like the back of my hand"

I pout "You're my best friend too Al"

"I know, you should tell the guys though" He smiles proudly and I laugh "Now, what's wrong? Finally realized your feelings and you're overthinking?"

"Stop doing that" I whine once again and he chuckles

"So I'm right" I nod "Tell him"

"I can't" I shake my head, going back to staring at the stars

"What's stopping you?"

"Well first Julie likes him, she's my best friend and I can't do that to her. Second, I'm pretty sure he likes her back and lastly, my father has a tendency to ruin everything in my life so I'm not risking it, I shouldn't even be friends with any of you"

"That hurt" Alex mumbles and I sigh, leaning my head on him when we sit up "I hope you know I was joking the other day, sure Julie and Luke are great together but the chemistry you two have together doesn't even compare to that. Besides you're beautiful and strong and you can keep him in line when he needs it. I love Julie, don't get me wrong but I believe you and Luke should be together. And I believe you once said 'You never know until you try' right?"

"He's right" Reggie pops up on my other side and I smile

"You two are annoying, you know that?" I throw my arms around their necks, pulling them down and leaning my head on theirs "But I wouldn't have it any other way"

"Do I get a kiss?" Reggie puckers his lips and I roll my eyes

"Again, wrong sister Reg"

"Way to ruin the moment" Alex slaps his neck "This is why I'm her favorite"

They argue about that while we make our way to the driveway, I grab a cup of water from the table that was left outside with snacks.

"I'm pretty sure Luke's her favorite though"

"I'm who's favorite?" Luke and Alexa step out of the studio and I choke, Alex immediately hitting my back to help me out

"Mine" Reggie tries to cover it up and I mentally thank him

"You said 'her'—"

"You still listen to what Reg says?" I question, leaving the cup on the table and picking up the basketball from the ground "Who wants to play basketball?"

"You sure you can play in those?" Reggie raises his eyebrows at me, pouting at my boots and I smirk, dribbling the ball in front of him

"Wanna test it out, pretty boy?"

"Oh, you're on"

We play around for a while, Alex and I against the other two, Alexa just sitting to the side and watching us. When I start to get tired, I stand to the side, wrapping my arm around Alexa's shoulders.

"Boys, I think I'm gonna head in" I tell them, they stop playing to look at me "I'll see you tomorrow"

"Yeah, sleep tight Elle" Reggie walks over and hugs me

"You too Reg" I pull away, embracing Luke "Night"

"Night Elly"

Finally, I wrap my arms around Alex's neck and he lifts me up as we hug, I chuckle.

"Thank you for being the best" I whisper

"Always" He lets me down and kisses my head "Goodnight"

"Night"

🎶

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.7K 1.5K 15
Starr Jackson, the lead singer in Starr Revival, lived a normal life. That was until she saw those three ghost boys at her neighbor, Julie's house. S...
215K 6.5K 31
โ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง ๐Ÿ๐ž๐š๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๐ž, ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐›๐ž๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ข๐ญโž -- ๐ซ.๐ก. ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง book 1 julie and the phantoms / l...
165K 4.7K 58
๐‘ฐ๐’•'๐’” ๐’๐’Š๐’Œ๐’† ๐’˜๐’† ๐’๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“ ๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’๐’๐’š ๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“ ๐’„๐’๐’๐’”๐’†๐’… ๐’•๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐’…๐’๐’๐’“.. ๐’€๐’†๐’‚๐’‰, ๐’˜๐’† ๐’ˆ๐’ ๐’˜๐’‚๐’š, ๐’˜๐’‚๐’š...
195K 6.1K 57
What would you do if your best friend asked you to move in with him and his up and coming rock band? One moment, Tanna Carson is sitting on her bed...