Night Disease

By kipekipe

UNDERGOING EDITS/COMPLETED A day can change your life in an instant, just like one decision can change the pa... More

Author note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Epilogue
Author's note

Chapter 60

105 9 0
By kipekipe

Enya's light breathing evens out as she falls asleep in her hammock. The light crackle of the dying fire diminishes as the hours pass later into the night taking its light with it. I never move from my perch in the tree beside my hammock. How did this happen? Four days ago we were in Shilo and now we are randomly travelling around Manitoba with no place in mind to go.

What are we going to do? This is not the life for a child, constantly travelling in this world with no contact with people. Camping in trees every night, same meals every day what does that do to someone let alone a child?

Where can we go where we will be welcome without having to hide what we are? We can go to Bella? But I don't think I am ready to face them yet not after what happened to my fam...

Who else do I know that we can go to?

Lucifer? No, he finds you and I don't have the energy to track him.

Who else do I know? Why won't these dam voices go away I can't focus with all the noise. I growl clutching my head as I squeeze my eyes shut. Shut up shut up shut up. My pleading doesn't work it only seems to make the voices louder mine now joining in. Disease, you should be dead, leave before you kill us, blood drink the girl's blood you need blood, disease, disease, disease.

Warmth liquid drips down my arm in a black trail. Pulling my fingers away from my head I stare at my fingers. Skin and blood coat my nails engulfing my fingers in black. Why does it seem like the people were right I am a disease an abomination to my kind. Vampires don't have black blood there are no casters left to show if their blood is different, I am all alone one lonely hybrid the only and last of my kind.

Dropping to the ground on silent feet I drop to my knees in front of the small river beside our campsite. Dipping my hands in the slowly flowing water I rub at the blood already dried. Slowly the black peals away from my tanned skin. Raising my hands with a ball of water between them I drop it over my head.

The cuts on my scalp are healed leaving my blood behind. Rubbing my head I hold the water beside me as I clean. Soon the once clear water is mixed with swirls of black. Dropping the water it splashes beside me soaking into the grass. 

My eyes lock on my reflection in the dark water. The light from the moon reflected in my eyes a false tale of the light inside or the void of it. I swipe my hand over the water rippling my reflection to pieces. I sat kneeling in the damp grass staring off at nothing.

This feeling is familiar but I can't remember where I felt it before. The feeling of feeling nothing such a rare feeling but seems to be common for me. Why can't I remember where I first felt this feeling before? It seems important but...but I don't know.

Small blue eyes flash in my mind's eye the light fading from the person's eyes. I flinch pushing that thought away.

A howl pulls me back to the presence. Jumping to my feet I look back at Enya. She is still fast asleep in her hammock. The wolf howls again dragging my attention back to it. Snarling I take off in its direction falling into my vampire instincts as I track.

Sniffing the air I walked around the shrub-covered ground. Walking over a musty scent I stop backtracking over to that spot. Circling the spot I grin ferally taking off on the scent trail. Rapidly I approach the lonely wolf.

Sniffing the air again I grin this is not a werewolf but just a normal wolf and judging by its size a young one at that. Sneaking around it I stop behind it. I am not here for blood but who said I couldn't have a little fun?

Shifting into my black and blue wolf I prance out of the trees. The voices in my head quiet under my change as I push them back. The blue in my fur glimmers under the moon's light making me look like a deadly shadow wolf. I grin snapping my canines at the young wolf.

The young wolf snaps around growling. I grin slowly moving around it. The wolf follows my lead as we begin to circle each other. We snarl and snap our canines as the tension builds between us. Leaning back on my hind legs I launch myself into the air landing on the wolf's brown back.

I nip their throat digging my claws into its side as they begin to shake. Getting a few good scratches and nips I jump off scratching at their side. They growl launch at me. Meeting them halfway I nip and scratch at their sides and neck.

I let them get a few swipes in before biting the back of their neck pushing their head into the ground and pining them. They whimper barring their neck as much as they can. Grinning I let hopping back to the trees. Wagging my tail I howl running back to the campsite.

Slowing down to a trot I shift as I cross the river. A bonus of being a caster is my clothes shift with me so I don't have to change. My mood drops again once I shift as the voices bombard me with a new force. Sighing I go to my hammock hoping to get at least a few hours of shut-eye.

Enya sits across from me as she munches on her breakfast. My mind goes back to last night my brawl with the wolf. Taking a sip of my tea I eye Enya waiting for her to finish her bite. "Enya do you want to meet some more of my friends?"

She looks up at me thinking my question over, she grins nodding her head. "Yes please, when can I meet them."

I smile slightly as I clean my cup. "How about today, they are quite far so I will have to shadow us there but we can walk the rest of the way and get there by lunch."

She nods beaming "yes I don't mind shadowing it's fun."

I smile her happiness contagious "you might want to finish quickly then if you want to get a move on."

She gasps inhaling her food with new vigour. We pack up camp quicker than ever. Dousing the fire I stomp on it for good measure as I look around. No zombies in sight but judging by the wind two are coming our way.

Waving Enya over she skips excitedly as she stops at my side. Looking down at her I ask "ready?"

She nods bouncing in place. Exhaling I visualize the place I want to go as I pull the shadows around us. The familiar feeling of lightness and a mix of cold and warmth surrounds me as I guide us through the shadows. Seconds later we are standing in a new expanse of trees in a new part of the province.

I look down at Enya a small grin on my face. Her mouth falls open as she looks at the lush green forest. The snow might have melted not too long ago but the people who live here have some help in growing the forest.

Nodding my head to the side I nudge Enya's side "let's go before lunchtime passes."

She closes her mouth grinning up at me "lunch isn't for a few more hours."

I nod "yes but they might start early."

She gasps "you're right they might and I want bread come on we have to hurry." She grabs my hand dragging me in the direction I motioned to.

I let her drag me through the forest giving her directions when needed. Soon the scent of wolves begins to thicken as we come two miles from the border. "Enya get to my side we are getting close," I whisper spotting some wolves up ahead. She follows my command coming to my side.

The people in human form hiding in the trees eye us carefully as we walk closer. I keep my senses open never looking directly at the trees as I look around. The scent of zombies in the area is faint as I would expect from being miles away from roads and towns.

Half a mile ahead through the dense bush I spot a small group waiting for us at the border. I grin spotting Andrew the pack's Beta. The scouts in the trees wouldn't have recognized me as I don't normally come to the pack's land and my scent is still hidden so they won't know what I am.

Before we come in sight I take off the damper on my scent grinning wickedly when growls echo around us. Andrew growls playfully a broad smile on his face when we come into view.

The warriors beside him stand defensively ready to attack when given the order. Andrew waves his hand walking over to greet us. "Kaindra what a wonderful surprise, it's been a while" he greats pulling me into a tight hug.

I hug him back-patting his back as I do "yes it has how's Kora?" I say in greeting.

We pull apart patting each other on the shoulders "she's fine we had a child little Moona."

My smile reaches my eyes this time at the news "a child why didn't you tell me." I cry smacking his shoulder earning myself some warning growls.

We ignore them "kind of hard with everything going on she is only three months old." I nod still grinning he looks down at Enya with a friendly smile "speaking of kids who might this be?"

I look at Enya smiling "this is Enya I found her out in the woods all alone and took her in now we watch each other's backs." Enya grins standing up straighter at my words taking a small step away from my side to stand alone.

Andrew smiles holding out his hand "hi Enya I am Beta Andrew nice to meet you." Tentatively Enya takes his hand shaking it.

"You too," she mumbles.

I smile returning my attention to Andrew "so Drew where's Jake."

He grins "attending to the pack right now come on let's go surprise him."

I grin nodding Enya follows Andrew and me into the pack mouth wide open when we enter the territory.

Comment, vote, and share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 152 37
(Art by me. Took me a while to do this. So this is the new book cover :3) Humanity has always been curious creations that never learnt quickly from t...
2.7K 251 43
'Transit umbra, lux permanet' - Shadow passes, light remains. ~ Her hair is fire, eyes emeralds of life. She is the epitome of both evil and purity...
10.7K 812 23
Winter and her two sisters, Alyssa and Nalla, finally accept the true nature of the apocalypse. but only when a zombie attacks, and bites one of thei...
727 93 29
In a world of supernaturals, I am something else. Ascension Day turned Average Joes into spell-casting savants, Plain Janes into glamorous vampires...