The Silver Paladin

By Rubyrose645

I remember nothing of my past, but when I look up at the sky, I felt like I belonged somewhere other than her... More

The first meeting
The Beginning
The Blue Lion
Today, We Are Paladins
The Rise of Voltron
Some Assembly Required
Bonding
Return of the Gladiator
First Battle
Fall of the Castle of Lions
Tears of Balmera
Taking Flight
Rebels
Return to the Balmera
Rebirth
Crystal Venom
Collection and Extraction
The Black Paladin
Rescue
This Can't Be.....
Shiro's Escape
Robeast
Greening the Cube
Killer Cube
The Eye of the Storm
Escaping the Storm
Ark of Taujeer
Ark of Taujeer pt. 2
Space Mall
The Blade of Marmora
Escape from Beta Traz
Stayin' Alive
Revelation
Best Laid Plans
Time to Fight
Blackout
Changing of the Guard
Red Paladin
New Roles
The Hunted
Hole in the Sky
The Alternate Reality
Track a Comet
Tailing a Comet
Lellal's Tale
The Legend Begins
Code of Honor
Reunion
The Light: A New Discovery
Black Site
Teshiria
The Clans
Hello Grandfather
The Battle begins
The Light
Celebration
Declaration
Begin the Blitz
A New Defender
The Prisoner
Blood Duel
Postmortem
Kral Zera
Discovery
The White Lion
White Lion Pt. 2
Omega Shield
The Colony
Black Paladins
All Good Things
Defender of All Universes
Past Memories
The Road Home
The Way Forward
The Ruins
Journey Within
Home
The Last Stand pt. 1
The Last Stand pt. 2
The Last Stand Pt. 3
Know Your Enemy
Our First Step
Heart of the Lion
Trial By Fire
Lion's Pride pt. 1
Lion's Pride pt 2
Lion's Pride pt. 3
The Aftermath
Launch Date
Prisoner's Dilemma
Battle Scars
The Grudge
The Genesis
Day Forty-seven
Day Forty-seven Pt. 2
Clear Day
Knights of Light pt.1
Knights of Light Pt. 2
Knights of Light pt. 3
Uncharted Regions
The Zenith
The Last Time I Make You Cry
To Wait
Years Passed....
Awaken..
Our Final Light

The Dawn of a New Beginning

2.2K 33 9
By Rubyrose645

~~~~Keith~~~~   ~~~~Two years later~~~~

Teshiria, the planet of beginning and light. The first planet to ever be created in the universe, filled with an alien race that resembled angels with extraordinary powers.

These powers are centered around energy manipulation, where a Teshirian can control anything with energy inside of it.

But I had met an incredible Teshirian who not only saved my life multiple times, but had also took my heart at the same time.

Her name is Saoirse. And on this day, I'll be taking her for my own, for forever and always. Not just as a lover, but as my wife.

It took a couple of years for me to build up the courage to propose, but I finally managed to do it.

It was a simple outing, and after a lot of talking with Saoirse's family, I planned it all out. I got Saoirse alone on Earth and went out for an entire day. She had always loved the moon, so I planned to pop the question right when the full moon was at its highest.

We went to the same park where we first kissed on Earth, the first place where we promised to be together through thick and thin. When the lights were on, the stars were shining and the moon was at its brightest, I got down on one knee and asked her to my one and only angel.

I can't even begin to explain the emotions I was feeling when she jumped on me and said yes over a thousand times and hugged me so tightly thay I felt like I couldn't breathe.

We couldn't stop laughing out pure joy as I picked her up and spun her around and thanked her for saying yes to my proposal. It took over half an hour before we finally remembered thay I had proposed with a ring.

When I have it to her, she was so shocked by it that she was barely able to hold it. I took the ring and slipped it on her left ring finger. Since then, she hasn't taken it off.

And now, after months of planning, we were finally going to be tied together through marriage.

And here I was, standing in front of a full length mirror fixing my red tie for the hundredth time.

We had decided to have the ceremony on Teshiria, the planet of beginnings, as a symbol of the beginning of our new lives together. And all of our friends had helped out in planning everything.

Hunk and his crew of chefs offered to help the Teshirians make the feast for the reception.

Lance and Allura, who were married a year before I proposed to Saoirse, decided to help Saoirse's family with the decorations and such. I haven't seen the decor yet, hut they assured both Saoirse and I that it would more beautiful than anything we had ever seen.

Pidge was in charge of the reception and final entertainment. She, the Holt family and her artifical robot, Chip, planned for an elaborate fireworks display to kick off the end of the ceremony just as Saoirse and I sealed our vows and I kissed as my official wife.

Shiro and his fíance Curtis helped with making sure thay everything was under control and that all guests were comfortable.

Everything about this day had to be perfect. It was our wedding day after all. One of the most important days of our lives.

"You know, you really need to relax, Keith." A voice said from the door of my changing room.

I turned around and saw Shiro in a white suit and tie standing the doorway. He smiled at me and chuckled as he walked closer to me.

"The more you fidget, the worse your tie is going to get." He said as he helped fix my tie.

"How can I not be nervous, Shiro? I'm getting married today, and not just to anyone, but Saoirse." I said, my fingers shaking in my nerves as Shiro tightened my tie.

"Well, Keith, it's normal to feel nervous, but this is supposed to be the happiest day of your life. Those nerves you have are just happy ones that are ready to explode when you finally say I do." Shiro explained.

I took in a deep breath and tried to calm myself down. When all of a sudden, a voice screamed from the doorway.

"Hey! Where's the lucky groom!?" It was Lance. We turned towards the door and saw Lance, Hunk, Coran, Kolivan, Curtis, and Saoirse's brothers, Lellal and Reilo.

They smiled and ran into the room, congratulating me on my soon-to-be married life.

And they were right. I am a lucky man for having a girl like Saoirse fall in love with a guy like me.

"Oh, yeah. Cires told me to give you these." Coran said, pulling out something from behind his back.

It was a couple of Lavoies flowers, the flowers that bloomed all over Teshiria. A flower whose meaning was new life, and universal love.

"He said that in Teshirian culture, if a groom and his bride wear these flowers on their wedding day, their life will be tied together by the stars themselves for all time." Coran explained.

I took the colorful flowers from Coran and gently secure them in my pocket.

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

I stared at the mirror in front of me, smoothing out my dress as my mother and Nalira helped with my hair.

During these past few years since I woke up, I had taken the head Teshirian council seat, to which it was a unanimous vote for me to take it. I have been happy with this life and the universe was using its second chance well.

Sure, there were still some problems among most planets, but with some help, they soon calmed down and established peace.

"Wow, Saoirse, you're gorgeous!" Nalira exclaimed as she played with my long hair, "I hope I'm half as pretty as you are when I get married."

I softly chuckled, "Don't worry, Nalira, I'm sure any boy would be lucky to have you as his bride. But he has to get through me and dad in order to do that."

Mom laughed as she mixed the last part of my hairstyle. I decided to keep my appearance a surprise for everyone, especially Keith. I wanted to show off my entire new appearance, which meant my markings and my hair.

I've loved my new appearance, since it was a part of me that I had never known until I actually left Earth. And for my wedding, I wanted to show my true self in front of my future husband.

Suddenly, we heard a knock at the door.

"Come in." I called out. From the mirror in front of me, I could see my friends and future mother-in-law standing the doorway.

Pidge was smiling from ear to ear, dressed in a nice suit with a green tie. She refused to wear any kind of dress, saying that they were too uncomfortable for her to move around in.

Allura, now a married woman and my maid of honor, was dressed in a traditional Altean gown, but cut off at the knees for a fresher look for a wedding.

Krolia was actually dressed in no armor for the first time since I had first met her. She worn a nice black dress with a purple cardigan. She smiled at me gently.

Romelle was dressed ina beautiful pink and white dress with a bow on the side of her waist, her hair left untied and flowing down her back. Three years ago, after I went to sleep, Romelle had decided to cut her hair to her mid back as a sign of a new beginning. She decided to grow it out again when a special someone told her that her hair was beautiful.

Allura blushed as she walked into the room with everyone else and took a look at my appearance.

"Saoirse, you look amazing." Allura said.

I blushed and turned towards my friends, showing off my wedding dress. It was a simple dress that hugged my body nicely. It was sleevless with a clear jewel studded collar that wrapped around my shoulders.

I wore a pair of blue earrings, a beaded diadem with a pink jewel in the center of it, and a two string pearl necklace from Earth.

"Yes, you are indeed beautiful, Saoirse. I congratulate you on your beautiful wedding." Romelle said.

I chuckled, "Romelle, I'm not married yet."

"Still, I can't believe my son found an amazing woman like you to take his hand." Krolia said.

I sighed and just then, I heard the bells ring, signaling that it was time for the wedding to begin.

A knock came to my door and when I told whoever came to the door to come in, it was revealed to be my father in traditional Altean clothes. Clothes that were similar to formal knight attire, just without the armor.

He smiled at me and stretched out his hand for me to take.

"Are you ready, Saoirse?" He asked. I could tell that he was sad, but I could also see that he was so proud.

I smiled and walked over to my father, taking his hand and taking a deep breath before I began to walk out the door.

"Wait a tick." My mother called out behind us. We stopped and turned around to see my mother holding a veil with Lavoies flowers on the edge of it, and a bouquet of Lavoies flowers.

She gave me the bouquet and gently placed the veil on my head.

"For a blessing of the stars. To your future and happiness." My mom said before everyone left the room to begin the ceremony.

~~~~Keith~~~~

I stood at the alter at then end of the isle, waiting for my bride to walk down to me. Shiro was next to me, while the others were sitting in the large audience.

The entire planet was there, some of our other alien friends such as the Olkari, Balmerans and several others from other planets including Earth.

I had to admit that everyone did an amazing job on the decorations. There were Lavoies flowers everywhere, crystals floating around the area, kept up by Teshirian magic. And the ceremony was timed for when we would finish our vows and kissed as man and wife, the sun would be setting behind us.

Finally, we heard the bells in the distance, and there, exiting the Teshirian main house, was the woman I would soon call my wife.

Her face was partially covered by the veil over her face, but she was so beautiful. Her dress was a sparkling white with jewels studded on the collar, further bringing her natural beauty.

As she walked further down the isle, I could see her more clearly. I could see her smiling at me through the veil, and I can feel my face grow hotter by the second as my heart beat harder and harder with every step closer she took towards me.

Finally, after what felt like hours for her to walk to the alter, Cires smiled at me and placed Saoirse's hand in mine.

"I trust you'll take good care of my daughter." He said. I nodded and he stepped back to sit with his wife and other children.

Allura stood up and took the bouquet from Saoirse's hands before sitting back down next to Lance.

The man who would be performing the ceremony, was part of the Amor clan. It was tradition for all Teshirians to have an Amor clan member to perform marriage ceremonies, and Saoirse and I were happy to follow it.

Saoirse was still getting used to Teshirian customs and traditions, so she wanted to learn more about the missing culture she was robbed of.

I could feel her hands shaking in excitement, for I could feel it in my own hands and all throughout me entire body.

"Dearest friends and family," the man performing the ceremony started, "it is a great day indeed, to be able to stand underneath the stars, to watch two lives become one with the universe's light. Saoirse Teshiri Shirogane of the Earth, Teshiria and Altea. A brave angel who not only escaped the clutches of darkness, but gave up her life to give the universe a second chance. Keith Kogane, a man who has seen both light and darkness, but fought with honor and bravery to aid in the freedom of the universe with our angel and the Paladins of Voltron. Now, we see two souls become one. For love is an unbreakable bond, whether friends, family, or romance, love is a bond thay not even the stars can tear apart. Keith Kogane, may you present your vows?"

I nodded and gripped Saoirse's hand tighter than before.

"Saoirse..." I started, "When I first met you, I saw someone who needed help. Someone who needed a friend to help guide them through the pain and loneliness they had taken in. For all the times you fell, I wanted to be there to help bring you back up even higher than before. Anytime you cried, it hurt with every tear you shed. Anytime you were hurt, I felt the pain ten times over, especially when there was nothing I could do. I thought at first those feelings were just friendship, but as we grew up, I realized that it was all love for you. For years I had realized thay, but I was afraid to see if you felt the same way. As our journeys brought us to space, dangerous battles, terrifying discoveries, and even the point of losing you, I felt these feelings grown with every passing day. And now, I can see everything in our future. Our life, a family. A dream of peace and happiness, but it could never come true without you by my side. I vow here and now with every fiber of my being, to be by your side. To stay by you through thick and thin. To be there when you're in pain and when you're happiest. To hold your hand through all of life's moments. This is my vow. This is a promise I will never break."

I could hear so many people crying as I finished my vows, even Saoirse. She reached under her veil to wipe away her tears and took a deep breath to compose herself.

"Lady Saoirse, please present your vows."

Saoirse nodded and began to speak.

"Keith.... You were always there by my side through every painful experience, to every celebratory event. And I cannot thank you enough for the kindness and protection you given me all these years. When I first awoke on Earth, all I had was my name, age and a sense of pain. You and your father took me in when I had nothing of my past, and gave me a hope for the future. When we lost your father, I felt like I was lost as well, but you stood there and promised to protect me. You promised to keep me safe from anything that would come to harm me in any way. And over the years of us growing closer, you have fulfilled that promise even more than one should have. You were always right there to protect me, like a knight protecting a princess. When I found out I wasn't human, you were right there to help me accept it. That's when I realized it all. The feelings I had towards you were not just of friends, but something more. And when you accepted me for everything I was and am to be, I felt complete. And so, I make this vow to you and our future. I vow to always be there through every one of life's adventures. Good and bad, painful and happy. I will always be there to take you higher when you're low. I'll be there when everything feels as if it's crumbling around you and build you back up. This I vow. This is my promise for all of my life and after. This is a promise I will never break."

I felt my heart jump as she spoke her voice filled with so much emotion and true feelings. A promise neither of us will ever break was just placed between us. A sacred promise that would be sealed inside of our hearts forever.

"These words, the vows you share, will bind you for all eternity and beyond. For a promise under the stars is never forgotten. Keith Kogane, may you present the ring?"

I nodded, reached into my pocket and pulled out the box with the ring. I opened it and took out the ring, closing the box and placing it back in my pocket. I had Saoirse take it off for the wedding, so that I could present it to her at the ceremony. It was a tradition on Earth, and we wanted something from that home in our wedding. A symbol of the home we both knew.

I slipped the ring onto Saoirse's left ring finger and held her hand once again.

"By the light of the stars, by the strength of the universe, and by the hope of the future, I pronounce you, husband and wife. May your lives be blessed and graced with love, light and prosperity. You may kiss your lovely bride."

I smiled and gently pulled the veil over Saoirse's head to see her face. She was even more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. Her skin was flawless, her eyes covered in shimmering silver eyeshadow and a beautiful clear color covering her pink lips.

I lifted my hand to her face, gently caressing her cheek as she leaned into my touch.

I looked deep into her bright blue eyes, taking in every single emotion that emminated from her gaze at me.

Then, finally, we grew closer to each other, until... our lips met.

We sealed out love and our future with a kiss, as husband and wife.

It was short but sweet and filled to the brim with every emotion of love and passion we had for each other.

When we pulled away from each other, we heard the people cheering for us. We looked out our friends and family as they cried and cheered.

We laughed at their reactions to our kiss as husband and wife. I looked over at my new wife, her beauty just shining more brightly with the sunset around us and the light of the stars above us.

She looked up at me and smiled.

"Thank you, Keith. For everything you've given me." She said.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her close to me.

"I should be the one thanking you, Saoirse. You've given me the life I had hoped for. Thank you, not just for accepting me for who I am, but for making me the happiest and luckiest man in the universe." I said.

The rest of the night we celebrated our new life together. The future we had promised to spend together.

The sun may have been setting on this day...

But this was the dawn of a new beginning

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 3.4K 86
Everything changed that day. I was taken from those I loved, all because of what skills I possessed. I lost so much, but in a twist of fate, I gained...
1.2K 13 13
You were alone in your bed watching voltron on your laptop. The voltron show always comforted you when you were feeling sad. Recently, you and your...
2.2K 47 20
Growing up in the Galra Empire, I have no clue about my past nor how I ended in such a life of pain and torture. But I always have a feeling that I'm...
153K 4.3K 27
The paladins were about to visit a uninhabited planet to have a break from all the fighting. It was said that the planet would react differently to c...