𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓 𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐃�...

By darkw1ngs

I highly recommend reading the rewrite, which is still in the process of being updated, if you want a more ma... More

i n t r o d u c t i o n
❃ fuck you
❃ liquid luck
❃ brown eyes
❃ alone
❃ regret
❃ accusations
❃ good wife
❃ unbreakable vow
❃ in my sleep
❃ overprotective
❃ skyscraper
❃ a perfect storm
❃ the black lake
❃ unforgettable
❃ the paintings under my bed
❃ familiarity
❃ pain never heals
❃ sunrise
❃ healer
❃ calming draught
❃ she doesn't love me
❃ children of war
❃ stop
❃ not a chance
❃ promise
❃ fireplace
❃ bedrest
❃ skipping dinner
❃ paris
❃ vivienne
❃ penelope
❃ lightning has struck
❃ don't cry
❃ filthy little mudblood
❃ mirror of erised
❃ all over again
❃ I'm sorry
❃ boulder
❃ woolworth building
❃ agent
❃ it's okay, flower
❃ stabbed
❃ tell her I remember
❃ I love you, penelope
❃ never safer
❃ incendio
a u t h o r ' s n o t e
b o o k r e c s
r e w r i t e

❃ failure

16.7K 536 809
By darkw1ngs

𝑴𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝑪𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒇𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒆

"Come on May, we're going to be late,"

Daphne shouted from the main corridor as I slipped silver rings onto my fingers and hoops into my ears in the downstairs powder room.

Pansy, Daphne and I had slept over at the Greengrass Residence for the past week and a half, awaiting our travels to Platform 9 ¾. Our days consisted of filling her hot tub with bottles of bubble bath, binge watching Full House which Pans had very kindly introduced us to, and snarfing down every possible meal in Daph's very extensively large refrigerator.

Meanwhile, we spent our nights smoking on the rooftop, gazing out over the rich estate, Daphne's muggle Porsche sitting in the smoothed pebble driveway.

It took fifteen minutes for her to wrestle Astoria away from her door after screaming, "Mum, I smell weed!" only for Daph to slam it profusely in her face, her little sister's black hair getting stuck in the door.

There was a lot of scolding that night.

For the most part our summer break had been incredible. Daphne's parents were like family to me; Pans and I practically lived there. We had our own rooms and everything, even though we tended to all crash in Daph's bed entangled under her sheets fighting for blankets and warmth. We'd wake up piled on top of each other. Three best friends; Two bisexuals and a lesbian sleeping together in a bed.

How charming.

I'd received mail from Naevah and Theodore over the summer, none from Draco or Blaise. I wasn't at all surprised. Draco and I have never seen eye to eye. Every conversation ended in a handful of harmful words, crossed arms, an awkward silence, and one of us storming in the opposite direction.

Daphne insisted it was sexual tension.

It was just tension.

The only passion I have for the arrogant piece of shit is a passion for hating his guts.

We scurried out the door with our suitcases, piling into Daphne's car.

"You shouldn't get shotgun you little shit, you're two years younger than me," she yelled at Astoria, who was now sitting in the front seat, her Mother in the driver's.

"Let her sit Daph, you all can pile in the back. Another word from you I'll make you sit in the middle," her Mother rolled her eyes, Mr. Greengrass giving her a kiss on the cheek through the rolled down car window.

"I'll take the middle don't worry about it," Pansy shuffled in between us, wrapping her arms around our shoulders, resting her feet on the compartment console.

"Daph's room still smells like fucking weed," Astoria plugged her nose jokingly, sticking her tongue out at her sister.

"Language," her Mother seethed.

"So she can smoke weed but I can't say 'fuck'? What kind of fucking rule is that?" Astoria pouted.

"You're just jealous, how do you even know what weed smells like?" Daph argued.

"At least I didn't fail potions last year," she switched the subject.

"At least I don't have to use hair gel to slick back a pony tail,"

"Girls, I'm trying to drive. Shut it," her Mother sighed, shaking her head as her eyes covered by Prada sunglasses turned back to the road.

"But-"

"Astoria, I couldn't give less of a shit if she smokes weed, I did it, she does it, you'll do it too,"

I snorted at her Mother's remark. Daphne's mum never ceased to make me amused.

We arrived at King's Cross, fixing my skirt as I exited the car door. We'd all thrown on our green Slytherin skirts and gray sweater vests, white collared shirts sitting snug underneath. It was too hot for our robes.

Pansy's black cat followed behind us as we trudged our luggage through the station, into the brick wall, the Hogwarts Express meeting us on the other side. The platform was filled with parents, younger siblings and carts, children kissing their parents goodbye before boarding with their friends.

We all shuffled into the Slytherin compartment, Daphne shoving Astoria away with her younger friends. Our compartment was found with the Zabini twins next to Draco Malfoy, and Theodore Nott sitting with two empty spaces beside him.

Daph sat in the center, Pansy taking the last seat.

"Up you go as usual," Pansy pulled me into her lap, wrapping her hands around my waist as she sat her chin on my shoulder.

"Back for another shitty year," Draco mumbled.

"Lighten up mate, I'm sure there'll be plenty of girls to shag," Theo punched his arm.

"Two seconds in and you're already talking about shagging," Pansy fake gagged, sticking a finger to her tongue.

"You still shagging George Weasley?" Naevah snorted.

"Yes actually, I am," Theo smiled. "He sent me letters all summer,"

"Aww cute. Not," Pansy rolled her eyes, laying her head on my shoulder.

"You're only mad because your single,"

"It's a shame they won't be returning this year. The twins were quite enjoyable," I sighed.

"Yeah, Fred took a liking to you didn't he?" Blaise sent me a cheesy wink, adjusting the buttons on his shirt. "I'm sure you enjoyed his di-"

"Would you all just shut up about that," I mumbled, sinking into my seat.

"That's the first thing we bloody agree on Cliffdane," Draco muttered, his cold gaze meeting mine for a small moment, his eyes lingering just long enough to make me feel slightly uneasy.

"What?" I scoffed at him.

"Nothing," his gaze returned to the window.

The train began to roll from the station, the wheels screeching on the metal rails as parents waved goodbye. The city swiftly turned to forests and grassland, sunbeams gracing the wildflowers outside of the glass windowpane.

I coughed as a sudden burst of black smoke filled the compartment, Draco returning from the restroom, his black suit framing his build, silvery blonde hair parted to the left.

"What was that?" he spat, looking around the cloudy room.

"Dunno," Blaise bit down on his sugar quill. Blue raspberry. They've been his favorite since first year.

"Relax boys," Pansy threw her arms around Daph and I once again, "It's probably just a first year messing around. C'mon Draco, siddown, we'll be at Hogwarts soon," she smiled.

"Hogwarts. What a pathetic excuse for a school. I think I'd pitch myself off the astronomy tower if I thought I'd have to continue for another two years," he sat down, toying with the rings on his fingers.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Naevah looked at him, concern in her eyes.

She's always the Mom of the group. Naevah is too sweet. We truly don't deserve her.

"Let's just say I don't think you'll see me wasting my time in charms class next year," he continued, his attempt at sarcasm incredibly poor. Anyone could tell he was being dead serious. Maybe it was just me. I truly can't tell.

A small chuckle left Blaise's lips, Draco's head turning towards him in a small frown.

"Amused, Blaise? We'll see just who's laughing in the end," he looked back down at his hands.

"Were you always this depressing?" I rolled my tongue against my cheek, my eyes slitting as I gave him a death stare.

"Sod off Cliffdane."

"It's been six years and you can't even call her by her first name, you prat," Pansy insulted him, her red lipstick rubbing off on her pumpkin juice bottle rim.

"She's not wrong, I haven't heard you call Maybelle by her first name since you were little," Daph exclaimed.

"Why does everybody care so fucking much?" he almost seemed... insulted. Draco has never liked questions, but he never gave us this much attitude.

Maybe it was because his Father had been sent to Azkaban. His family name was smeared.

But the lot of us knew he should be ecstatic about the first one.

His eyes turned upwards, looking at the luggage that sat above our heads.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Nothing, stop asking so many fucking questions," he seethed, his voice raising. My body sank into Pansy's lap, my heart sinking along with it. I don't know why I care so much about the way he talks to me. I enjoyed being liked. Draco made me feel the exact opposite. Like a failure.

I was silent for the rest of the ride.

It was nightfall by the time the train came to a halt.

"You all go on. I want to check something," Draco rested his chin in his palm, remaining still in his seat.

Daph took my hand in hers, tugging me away.

"I don't trust him," I whispered.

"None of us do, come on," Pansy exclaimed as she began to jog, Naevah smiling as she bounced up and down on her back, her legs wrapped around her waist.

"I'm gonna fall off, Pans," she giggled.

"You'll be fine."

They slowed down as we reached the gates, allowing us to catch up to the two of them.

"What do you think he's doing?" I asked Theo.

"Probably jacking off, dunno. I could care less," he shrugged.

The comment sent a small sting of pink to my cheeks.

We were greeted by Professor Flitwick who asked for our names. Our luggage was checked by Ministry Agents as we loaded into a carriage, Snape standing to the side, clearly awaiting someone's arrival.

Draco was the only one left on the platform.

To my knowledge, at least.

The carriage pulled us towards the old castle, windows glowing softly, light flickering over the ripples in the black lake, cotton tails swaying gently in the summer wind as crickets chirped in the nearby pitch-black wood.

We walked into the great hall, the familiar fragrance of home entering my nostrils. I absolutely adored Hogwarts; the entirety of the castle settled with a faint scent of firewood and pine. The smell was incredibly memorable.

I stopped briefly at Gryffindor table to give a small hug to Ginny Weasley.

I never liked her friends, Potter and Granger to be specific, but we'd bonded over our annoyances with Draco Malfoy when I was closer with Fred.

"I'll see you," I smiled, heading to my proper table.

"I still don't understand why you're friends with her," Daphne huffed.

"She's actually quite sassy. The only reason she's a Gryffindor is because she's a Weasley, she most definitely possesses some Slytherin traits," I exclaimed.

"She's hot," Pansy exclaimed, receiving a small hit on the shoulder from Naevah. "I'm only being honest!"

Draco finally entered the hall, sitting down directly across from me. Potter entered shortly afterwards, a white rag covered in blood held to his nose.

The others were wrapped up in conversation.

"What did you do?" I whispered, looking directly into his eyes with a sense of carefulness.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he mumbled, ignoring the presence of the food sitting in front of him on the table.

"Don't bloody starve yourself," I scoffed.

"I don't remember the last time I gave a shit about anything you had to say, leave me alone you fucking mudblood," he seethed once again.

That same feeling of my heart dropping returned. I hate when he calls me that.

"Talk to her like that again I'll cut your fucking throat you hag," Daphne kicked his shin under the table.

Dumbledore stepped up to his podium, the room going silent.

"Very best of evenings to you all. First off, let me introduce to you the newest member of our staff, Horace Slughorn,"

We all clapped quietly, except for Draco. His hands remained in his lap.

My eyes began to go in and out of focus, staring into the abyss as I picked at the Slytherin ring on my finger. I couldn't even think. Being back here felt incredible; but something's not right. It feels... off. The air feels damper and heavier. The lights are dimmer. The bricks placed in the walls are dirtier. Suddenly I find it hard to breathe.

"Hey, you okay?" Daphne grasps my hand under the table as I release my teeth from my lip, now bleeding.

"Um, yeah, sorry," I took a napkin from the table, dabbing it off.

The hall began to fill with chatter, everyone rising from their seats. I noticed I hadn't taken a single bite.

"Fucking hypocrite," Draco mumbled as we walked down to the dungeons.

"Shut up," I snarled.

We all entered the common room, the green flame from the fireplace illuminating the darkened lake that sat outside the stained glass windows. Beams of moonlight shone on small fish that passed by in schools, streams of kelp swaying in the freezing water.

I was greeted by the scent of fresh linens as I entered my dormitory, Daphne's bed on the opposing side.

"We're meant to meet them in Blaise and Theo's dorm, are you ready?"

"Almost," I sighed, tossing on a white tank top and some satin Slytherin pajama shorts. I didn't bother taking my jewelry off. Knowing us we'd be up all night.

"Are you okay? I saw what happened in the great hall earlier," she took my arm as I stared into the bathroom mirror.

"I'm fine,"

"Are you sure-"

"I said I'm fine Daph, let's just go," I mumbled. She gave me a sympathetic look before allowing me to follow her to the boy's dorm room.

"Here are the rest of the ladies," Blaise smiled as we sat down in the circle side by side, Daph to my left, Theo to my right as he swung an arm around me.

"So, what are we doing?" I asked tiredly.

"Our favorite. Truth, dare, or drink," Pansy pulled a large bottle of firewhiskey from behind her back.

It's gonna be one hell of a night.

𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓 𝒗𝒐𝒕𝒆, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒅𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒊𝒃𝒓𝒂𝒓𝒚 <3

~ 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚞𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝, 𝚒𝚕𝚢

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

491K 12.2K 42
It's been two years since the battle of Hogwarts and Hermione Granger and Ginny Weasley have everything they ever wanted. Great friends, amazing boyf...
2.1M 23.6K 124
DRACO LOVE STORY. Smut, strong language, some mature content! Juliet has had everything in her life handed to her from the start. Gorgeous. Talente...
4.7M 112K 26
"Goldie Dove? She's way, way to sweet for that bitter Malfoy. She's in Hufflepuff anyways." "Really? Well then you don't know her." FAST PACED STORY...
106K 2K 164
⚠️ Warning: For mature audiences. Scenes of attempted SA, abusive relationships, and sexual scenes. The Malfoys and Cytherias have been friends for f...