give in || richola

Av nochellesbcllarke

"𝘡𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘫𝘢𝘴𝘡 π˜ͺ𝘯𝘀𝘩𝘦𝘴 π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘣𝘦𝘡𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘴, π˜ͺ 𝘸𝘒𝘯𝘡 𝘺𝘰𝘢 𝘡𝘰 𝘨π˜ͺ𝘷𝘦 π˜ͺ𝘯." *** ... Mer

| 1 |
| 2 |
| 4 |

| 3 |

118 4 14
Av nochellesbcllarke

"Lola"

She heard someone call in the distance, it not being enough for her to snap out of her so distracting thoughts as she stared at the tons of students that passed by the main hall.

"Lola!!!" Someone else yelled, making the blonde jump and finally stop daydreaming - which almost made her let her books fall out of her arms.

"What?"

"What are you thinking about? We were asking if you've already finished that Biology assignment that's due in like three days" Kenzie clarified.

"Uhh yeah, I have to do a few final touches but yeah" Lola answered.

"Cool, don't be like me because I have barely even started it" Kingston joked

"I thankfully ain't like you King" Lola said, placing her hand on his shoulder.

"I really want to be the male soloist this season, though" He confessed.

"So do I" Julian added.

"I'm sure you'll do great" His boyfriend Emil told him, kissing his lips, to which Julian smiled sweetly.

"Honestly, I'm new to A-Troupe and I still have a lot to learn before trying out for the solos, I mean we're talking about Nationals here"

Zayan had always been a humble person, and didn't like having too much pressure on his shoulders, considering the future of the team would be in his hands.

A few yeah's were heard in agreement and understanding to what he said, then eventually changing the subject and giving a new continuity to their conversation.

On the other side of the room, we see both Richelle and Jacquie in the middle of an argument - which was a part of their daily routine.

"I'm telling you the answer was Option B, it couldn't be D" Jacquie argues.

"How was it B? Please you're so dumb it very honestly concerns me, it was D"

"So now you're calling me dumb Richelle Eliana?"

"Stop calling me Richelle Eliana no one uses my middle name, weirdo"

"Well now I do considering you call me by my full name too"

"I can call you whatever i want, but you can't, got it?"

"Noah!!" Jacquie exclaimed, making him look up from his phone "Do something about Richelle please she won't shut up for a second"

"Both of you quit it, in case you haven't noticed, we're in the middle of the school and everyone's already staring at us" Noah tried soothing them.

"Did you hear him Jacqueline, shut the fuck up everyone's staring at us" Richelle teased.

Jacquie grabbed a strand of Richelle's hair and pushed it, making her gasp.

"Ladies ladies!!" Noah intervened, placing himself in the middle of them and separating them.

The both of them folded their arms as if they were little kids.

"I don't get you. One day you love each other, the other you can't stand being in the same room, make up your minds will you?" Noah complained.

"I don't love her!" Richelle exclaimed with a disgusted look on her face.

"Me even less!!"

Noah, to calm his girlfriend down, wrapped his arm around her before planting a kiss on her lips - which immediately worked. Jacquie's lips curled into a smile, and her fight with Richelle was already matters of the past.

Richelle fake gagged. As she looked up, she saw Amy, Piper and Henry - thankfully, because she couldn't handle third wheeling much longer.

"Hey guys!!" She exclaimed cheerfully, running towards them.

She and Amy hugged with wide smiles on their faces, and only let go for Richelle to greet Piper and fist bump Henry - whom she loved to call her 'bro'.

Both Henry and Richelle had started calling each other 'bro' from the moment Richelle noticed how many times Henry said that same word (which were many), specially when talking to Noah or Kingston. Therefore, it became their inside joke when Richelle started mocking him with it - and it stuck.

Truthfully, Richelle had changed a lot throughout the years - she had become more friendly and sociable. She got along with most people in A-Troupe because the studio was just like a second home to her, and she always felt as if she were a part of a family when amongst them - which was a non-existant feeling at her own home.

The friend group chatted for a few minutes, mostly about dance.

As she heard her friends chatting, Richelle felt a pair of eyes laying on her. Her first action was to turn her head, only to encounter Lola.

Something about Lola's eyes being on Richelle felt good. It was a weirdly good feeling, a feeling she hadn't decoded yet. A rush of electricity ran through her body in direction to her chest, sending her joy and a sense of magnetism that attracted her to Lola.

Richelle's reaction was to smile and wink, to which Lola smirked slightly.

"Anyways, let's go?"

***

It was half past three in the afternoon, and most dancers were still arriving to the studio from school.

Music was heard in Studio 1, where Summer, one of the B-Troupers, danced to a solo.

Being a former A-Troupe member, Summer was used to a strict schedule, trying always to be on time for rehearsals. She was always the first to get there - unlike Ozzy and Izzy who were late most of the time. Therefore, being the first B-Trouper to get there, she decided to use the spare time to rehearse and work on her dancing.

But just like Summer was punctual, so was Richelle - yet this time Richelle had a main purpose to be first other than extra-rehearsing, which was to confront Summer about how she made Lola feel the previous day.

Richelle watched Summer dance, waiting for her to finish to go and talk to her.

Summer soon finished her solo breathless, placing her hands on each of her hips trying to catch her breath.

Richelle sarcastically clapped her hands, showing no friendly expression on her face as she placed herself in front of Summer.

The brunette looked up at her, waiting for her to speak up and explain what she had to say.

"Not bad, I must confess"

Summer frowned in confusion "Thanks?"

"But anyways, that's not the reason I'm here. I want you to leave Lola alone." She demanded in Summer's face, both of them really close. Richelle had a death glare in her eyes, which secretly intimidated Summer. She tried not to show it, regardless.

"Pardon?"

"Everyone knows you didn't make A-Troupe because Lola was a much better dancer than you." She explained.

Summer scoffed ironically "She's not a better dancer than me"

"Then would you like to tell me how she got into A and not you?"

Summer didn't know what to say to Richelle's question (which had been more of a rhetorical one). She had no arguments, and her mind went blank so nor could she think of one.

"Exactly what I thought. The thing is, Summer, yesterday when you walked into the juice bar and gave Lola that angry-like look, you made her feel guilty and upset for something that was out of her control. You made her feel as if she had stolen your the spot in A-Troupe, or as if she owed you anything which she doesn't. Lola deserves to be there way more than you ever have, so why don't you get used to not being handed everything on a silver plate for once and leave her alone?"

At this point, Richelle looked like she was about to kill Summer just by the stare in her face. The both of them were extremely close, and the more Summer tried not to show how intimidating Richelle truly was, the more she wanted to run away from her.

"I don't have to stay here and listen to your bullshit Richelle, honestly. I have done nothing to your friend, I don't get why you're acting so defensive and overprotective. But I see it's not really worth it talking to you, now is it?" Summer defended herself, quickly grabbing her bag, shoes, and walking out of the room.

Richelle just smirked. She knew she had intimidated Summer, and she also knew she wouldn't be brave enough to even look at Lola anymore. Yes - maybe Richelle's attitude had been too over the top, maybe she had overreacted, but either way being overprotective was one of her traits she couldn't get rid of. And seeing Summer making Lola feel the way she did infuriated her. Nonetheless, she would've done it for any of her other friends.

Instantaneously, Richelle heard her phone ring.

"Hello?" She said into her phone.

"Hey Ri where are you?" Jacquie asked.

"I'm on my way to Studio A, why?"

"Oh okay, so are Kenzie and I, see you there"

"Okay, see you!"

As Richelle got to A, she saw a few of the dancers in front of the office, some of them sat on the benches and others sat up.

However, before she could get to them, she felt someone tap on her shoulders and a shriek that made her heart jump out of her chest.

She let out a scream, jumping and turning around to see who was the idiot who had just scared her.

Noah.

"Noah what the fuck!!" She exclaimed as he laughed his lungs off. The other dancers were looking at them - they were used to them always playing around and pranking each other though.

Richelle slapped the back of his head hard, making him wince in pain.

"That's what you get for scaring the shit out of me, idiot"

By the cubbies, Lola was placing her bag there and taking her shoes off. Her friends Kingston, Julian, Zayan and Maya (who had started hanging out with them) went up to her as soon as they saw her.

"Did you solve that problem with your test and Mrs. Johnstone?" Zayan asked.

"Yea, I did that's why I only got here now. For fucks sake I never cheat, why would she say she saw me cheating?" Lola sighed frustrated, already loosing her temper.

"Trust me there are so many teachers who think they saw someone cheating when in fact it's the person behind that's cheating."

"That's not my problem, if her problem is her sight then she might as well get a pair of glasses. Now, I didn't do anything, it's really unfair how she almost gave me an F when I worked so hard for it" Lola was extremely mad at the situation, yet she knew dance would be able to get her mind off it "Anyways, let's go warm up I just wanna dance and forget all of this"

The five of them, Noah and Richelle (who had climbed up on Noah's back on a piggy back ride) joined the rest of the group simultaneously before starting to warm up.

Richelle approached Lola.

"I had a talk with Summer."

Lola turned her head at her, frowning "What do you mean?"

"I basically confronted her because of the way she made you feel yesterday"

Lola nodded slowly, trying to understand what had happened, or why. Richelle had confronted Summer just to protect and defend her? That was, if truth be told, sweet.

"She ain't messing with you anytime soon" Richelle chuckled with a smirk.

"So you basically went up to her just for me?" Lola wanted her to confirm, a smile threatening to form on her lips already.

"Yeah, I did. I didn't like the way she made you feel, she's just so self-centred. And it pissed me off so I told her to leave you alone"

Lola smiled wider, looking down at the floor to hide the joy it brought her. One of the things that made her genuinly happy was when someone, a friend defended her. It made her feel safe and loved.

She stopped warming up and turned her body towards Richelle "Thank you. For defending me, I mean. It's just really sweet of you."

Richelle just smiled softly.

"I would do it all over again for you"

"Alright dancers, gather up!" Emily exclaimed alongside her wife and co-studio head Michelle, interrupting everyone's conversations, specially Lola and Richelle's. "Michelle and I are announcing today who the male and female soloists are, based on not only your auditions but also on the way you handle pressure."

Although they were rivals at that moment, Richelle held Lola's hand anxiously.

Lola's heart was still pounding from what Richelle had said. 'I would do it all over again for you' echoed in her head turning everything else inaudible. The fact that Richelle had her back meant a lot and gave her more happiness than she wanted to admit. As soon as Richelle said those words, she knew she could trust her with her eyes close.

It was a nice feeling.

"Our male soloist that is going to represent The Next Step at Nationals is..." Michelle started "Noah!"

The dancers congratulated him, most of them either hugging him or patting his back. He was elated to be picked, and despite feeling a huge responsability on his shoulders, he was pumped up.

"On the other hand, our female soloist is..." Emily added.

Richelle tightened her grip on Lola's hand. It made her feel better, whereas it gave Lola a warm feeling inside.

"Richelle!!" Emily exclaimed excitedly, feeling a wave of pride for Richelle, who she saw as her daughter.

Richelle jumped out of happiness and excitement, hugging Lola as her first action. They hugged tightly, both of them with wide smiles on their faces.

"I'm so happy for you" Lola confessed, focused on how great it felt to hug Richelle and feel her skin on hers.

After they eventually pulled away, Richelle proceeded to hug Emily in a way of showing her grattitude, and then the rest of her friends.

Richelle felt extremely proud of herself. She was finally getting the recognition she had always worked for, and being able to share it with not only her childhood best friend but also all of her other friends.

Noah and Richelle, the two best dancers in the studio and in the region, were going to represent The Next Step at Nationals - which was something huge. Yet everyone had faith they were able of succeeding, incluiding themselves.

Soon, they went back to rehearsals, determined to bring out their best.

***

It was 10 P.M, and both Richelle and Lola were home, in their bedrooms.

Richelle's parents were in the living room watching TV. They were happy Richelle had gotten the female solo - they always wanted their daughter to shine out of everyone. Meanwhile, Lola's parents had gone out on a date whereas Hazel was already in bed.

Both being alone in their bedrooms, they decided to dm each other.

They were talking about their favourite movies and tv shows.

10:12 pm

Richelle
i loved that episode,
it was so meaningful!

Lola
same tbh, but the first episode
will always be the most iconic

Richelle
i just relate so much to
isabella though

Lola
lmao isabella? you're the
total opposite of isabella

Richelle
how come?

Lola
isabella is a softie. and if you
were a part of a tv show you
would definitely be the hbic

Richelle
well.. there are a lot of things
you don't know about me

Lola
..how about you let me get
to know you better then?

Richelle
i would very much like
to see that :)

Lola
so would i

Richelle
we shall work on that then

Lola
the sooner the better ;)

Richelle
not the winkey face 🥴

Lola
;)
;)
;)

Richelle
can you nOT

Lola
hmm let me think...
;)

Richelle
you're awful.

Lola
keep telling yourself that

Richelle
anyways lmaoo
i bought this new dress but i
don't really like how i look in it 😶

Lola
stfu i bet you look great in it

Richelle
idk i just feel uncomfortable ahah

Lola
wear it for me then 🥺

Richelle
hmm
only if you make me ;)

At that moment, Lola immediately felt butterflies in her stomach. The way they were texting looked more like two people flirting - not two friends.

And apart from that, as far as she knew, the both of them were straight. So, what was happening between them? What was it that caused her butterflies in her stomach?

It was very confusing, indeed. It made no sense at all. But was she liking where all of it was leading?

Hell yeah, she was.

———∗♡∗———

{ ✧ } :: 2725 words

Author's Note :: i wanted to thank moni for helping me with this chapter, namely the texting bit 🥺👉🏼👈🏼 ; and also, what do you think is happening between richelle & lola? is it just friendship or something more? ... well ig you'll have to wait for the next chapter to find out wont you ;)

Fortsett Γ₯ les

You'll Also Like

47.6K 602 20
All Richelle wanted to do was dance, because that was all she had. (My take on what would happen to Richelle in season six)
8.5K 175 22
Noah likes Richelle, but doesn't know how to tell her; so when Richelle & Ozzy get sent to a 6 week Dance Intensive together, Noah is forced to confi...
15.1K 307 18
some random stories on the cutest couple! <3
654 13 10
π“˜π“· 𝔀𝓱𝓲𝓬𝓱 The girl that everyone adores becomes one of the losers over the summer and doesn't end really well. 𝗕𝗢𝗹𝗹 π—±π—²π—»π—―π—Ώπ—Όπ˜‚π—΄π—΅ x fe...