Wasn't Expecting You

By prettiestoflies

Joey got up off my bed and made his way out of the room, stopping before he exited. "For the record, if we h... More

Character Aesthetics
Locke House
Not my type
The Busy Bean
I'm Unforgettable
Partners
You Surprise Me
You play?
After Party
Sandra
Blacktops
Avoiding
Date Night
Stay With Me
Alone
The Past
Mom
Halloween
Happy
Meet the Family
Benjamin Cameron
Thanksgiving
One Day
Bubble of Bliss
Momma Knows
Love
History on Repeat
He will be ok?
Team Indigo
Hold Me Tonight
Show me how much
Daddy's little girl
When one door closes
Breathe
A Hundred Questions
San Diego
Could never love you like you needed
Brother
Beau
Ice-cream
We're coming home
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
Update

Birthday

3.7K 152 4
By prettiestoflies

We had to set 4 alarms on both our phones to make sure we both got up in time in the morning. We needed to be up before the sun for the first surprise I had organised.

"Happy Birthday babe, but I need you to get up," I whispered, kissing him on his head.

"This doesn't feel like a very happy birthday when your making me get up so early," Joey grumbled.

"It will be worth it, trust me. Get up and put these clothes on. We have to get going," I insisted, ripping the warm blankets from the bed and throwing the clothes I'd chosen at him.

"Morgan, the sun isn't even up yet!" He whined in quite possibly the most childish tone I'd heard from him.

"That's the point! Please just trust me," I pulled at his hands making him sit up.

I watched as he rubbed his eyes and slowly made his way to the bathroom, dragging his feet the whole way and mumbling under his breath about how early it was.

Fifteen minutes later we were ready, both of us in jeans and warm jackets. We made our way downstairs where his parents were waiting in the kitchen with coffee for us in travel cups.

"Happy Birthday sweetie," Sophia wished him as she placed a kiss on his sleepy head and wrapped him up in a quick hug.

"Thanks Mom," he mumbled tiredly.

"Happy Birthday son," David shook his hand next and pulled him in for a hug.

"Are you both in on this?" He questioned.

"This was all Morgan's idea, we helped a little bit with logistics. Stop grumbling and appreciate what your girlfriend has done for you," David scolded him.

I confirmed with them that everything was in order for the day, all while Joey eyed us all suspiciously. He doesn't like being left in the dark and especially doesn't like not being in control, I think it's the captain in him.

"Hand me your keys, I'm driving," I held out my hand to him.

"What? You're driving? My car? No, I don't think so."

"Yes. You can't drive if you don't where we are going. Do you not trust me to drive your car?" I questioned, smiling smugly as I glanced at his parents who knew this would be his reaction.

"Ok, fine. I trust you. Maybe I can sleep some more," he mumbled as he reluctantly handed over the keys.

"Excellent. Now let's go! We can't be late and you've already dragged your feet enough this morning," I pecked him on the cheek, grinning at his parents and took the travel mugs before practically skipping to the garage.

"I like her. I like her a lot," I heard David say amusement clear in his tone.

Joey mustn't have been too worried about my driving, because he had nodded back off to sleep after the first ten minutes in the car. I preferred that, because then he wouldn't see any signs to where we were heading and wouldn't hound me for clues the entire drive.

Forty minutes later, I took the final turn off the smooth road through a gate and down a rough dirt road. The bumpy road was enough to wake Joey. I glanced at his sleepy face, smiling at how gorgeous he looked moving from his sleepy state to a confused one about where we were.

"Hey birthday boy, have a good nap?"

"Mmmm. Where are we?" He asked curiously.

"At your first surprise. I didn't know what to buy you, you don't really need much and when you do, you just buy it. So I thought about an experience we could share together. I'll admit, Harper and your parents helped me with this whole day, well except surprise three."

"Why do I get the feeling I'll like surprise three more than one and two," he laughed.

"I hope you like the whole day!" I said sternly as I pulled the car to a stop.

The sun was just starting to light the sky over the horizon, which meant we were right on time. A small group of people stood in front of us and just beyond them was our ride for the morning.

I watched as Joey slowly registered what was going on. "We're going hot air ballooning?"

"Yup! Just us, the driver of course and a champagne breakfast as we watch the sunrise. Harper told me about when you were kids and you would sit on the balcony early in the morning and watch the hot air balloons float over your property. She said it was something you always wanted to do while she was too scared," I smiled proudly.

"I remember that," he said in approval, still stunned at what I had pulled together.

We jumped out of the car, locking it up and making our way to the group of people waiting. An older gentleman held out his hand as we approached.

"You must be Morgan?"

"That's me, and this is my boyfriend Joey, the birthday boy," I introduced.

"Happy Birthday son. My name is Mike and I'll be your driver on board. Shall we get going? It's best to be up before the sun for the best views."

It took no time at all for us to get into the basket and with the help of the rest of the team on the ground we were soon up in the air. I was immediately glad I insisted on our heavy jackets because it was freezing the higher we went.

As the sun rose we watched the pinks, oranges and purples snake across the sky. We enjoyed mimosa's, fresh fruit and cream cheese bagels. Mike pointed out landscapes to us, and gave us a few facts about hot air ballooning and the area, but mostly left us alone to enjoy.

I insisted we get some photos, for both us and because Sophia requested them. Mike helped with that too, he said sometimes he thought he should be a photographer instead of piloting hot air balloons with the amount of photos he takes. As the sky turned to a soft blue our ride was coming to an end. Mike warned us it might be a bumpy landing, but he would try his best.

"So, did I do ok? Worth getting out of bed before sunrise?" I asked as we floated through the sky.

"Definitely worth getting out of bed. It's perfect, you're perfect," he said as he hugged me from behind.

"You're not just saying that?"

"No baby, I mean it. Thank you," he said as he turned my head towards him to kiss me softly.

"Well this is just the beginning. You have to let me drive again though," I grinned at him as he rolled his eyes.

"Enjoy it while you can," he huffed.

The landing wasn't at all as rough as I thought it was going to be. We got out of the basket close to where the car was parked, thanked Mike and his crew for the incredible morning and got back in the car to drive to the next part of our day.

"Can I have a hint?" Joey asked as we turned back onto the smooth road again.

"Mmmm," I tapped my finger against my mouth contemplating if I give him any hint. "You've done this before, but you love it."

"That's hardly a hint, I've done plenty of things before that I enjoy," he complained. "I enjoy doing you, but I'm going to guess that's surprise three," he laughed.

"Have some patience! For someone who has just turned twenty, you sure are acting like a child!" I scolded him and ignored his other comments.

"You like this being in control thing far too much," he mumbled and I laughed some more.

Half an hours drive and we were arriving at the second surprise of the day.

Joey looked over to me as I signalled to turn into another property, a sign out the front giving away the activity. "We're going ATV'ing?" he asked excitedly.

"Yup. But not just us," I said, motioning to the group waiting for us outside the building we were approaching.

Standing out the front of the weatherboard cottage that was an office and possibly a home for the ATV company was Joey's whole family, plus Ryan and Ethan. As I parked the car between David's and Jeremy's SUV's I watched Joey's face light up.

"You even got my mates here?"

"Don't look so surprised. Once they knew what we were doing they didn't give me much choice," I laughed.

"You are too much. You've spoilt me today." He said grabbing face in his hands and planting a quick kiss on my lips.

I brushed him off. I don't take compliments well and I've gotten to enjoy these activities today too. Seeing him happy has been the most satisfying part of all.

"You'll just have to top it for my birthday," I winked as I jumped from the car.

After saying hello to everyone and everyone wishing Joey a happy birthday, Harper handed me a bag of clothes for us to change. We excused ourselves while David talked with the guides to sign some insurance papers.

We walked inside the cottage, it wasn't like I expected at all. We entered a small entryway with two doors to the front and on the right. To our left was a room that must be used as the office, just inside there was another door that lead to a bathroom. I assumed the other doors led to residence of the couple who ran the company.

The lady in the office directed us towards the bathroom. "There are outdoor change areas for after the ride, but for now you are welcome to use this one," she explained.

We thanked her politely. Joey led the way, I followed behind. I assumed that this bathroom was probably not meant for customers and was part of the residence.

I closed the door and before I could even click the lock on the door, Joey was on me, turning me in arms and pinning me against the bathroom door. He crashed his lips onto me harder than I expected, our kiss immediately turning heated. I pushed my hands into his hair as he pushed his body hard up against mine, his arousal evident.

I indulged in the kiss for a moment, always enjoying the feel of his body on mine, the way we reacted to each other, his taste and his scent, before pulling away.

"Babe," I breathed out. "Everyone is waiting for us." I rest my head on his shoulder, but he didn't pull his body away from mine, making it really hard to deny him.

"Five minutes? I can be quick," he tried to reason, grinding his hips against me as he kissed my neck softly. "It is my birthday, after all."

"No. Your family are waiting outside, we have plenty of time later. I'm taking control again and saying no," I pulled myself together and pushed his body away from mine.

He sighed, "You're right. Although now I have a... situation."

I giggled, to which he returned a glare. Searching through the bag I threw his shorts and an older t-shirt at him to change into, while I got changed myself into some leggings and a t-shirt too.

"You changing in front of me isn't helping," he grumbled as I removed my jeans.

"Would you rather I go get changed in front of your family and friends? I'm sure Ryan would love it, Cooper and Ryder would too," I laughed and he scoffed.

Once we were changed we quickly joined the rest of the group who were waiting for us for a safety briefing. Although the boys had all done this before, it was a mandatory part of the process. Once that was done, we were given helmets and boots to wear and led to the ATV's. Sophia, Ben and Gabby weren't joining us for the ride, so said goodbye telling us they would meet us after.

The ride was exhilarating to say the least. We rode through mud tracks, puddles and well worn trails. It hadn't taken me long to get my confidence up to go faster, enjoying the feeling. The boys tried deliberately splashing mud over everyone. But what I noticed most was the way you couldn't wipe the smile from anyone's faces, including the twins who seem to be daredevils at heart.

Before I met the Cameron's, an activity like this is something I never would have imagined I would be doing. Instead I had pulled together an amazing day for my boyfriend and the joy on his face was worth it all.

I rode back next to Harper as the boys raced out in front.

"How was this morning?" She asked.

"Perfect. Thank you for all your help, I couldn't have pulled this together without you."

"It's worth it seeing you both so happy."

I smiled at her. "Good to have Ethan here?"

It's hard to tell under the helmet, but I'm positive she blushed. "Yeah. He met my parents, like he has met them before as Joey's friend, but it's different now, meeting them as my boyfriend. He asked to stay a couple of days."

"And?"

"I said yes of course! I really like him Morgan. It's weird, I met him last year when the boys came to stay on break, but never took any interest. I don't know what changed, maybe because I got to know the real him."

"I understand that. I wish Ali could be here too, she would love this."

"Girls! Quit lagging behind!" Ryan called out to us.

Seeing a big puddle coming up Harper and I grinned at each other knowing exactly what to do. We each hit the accelerator, speeding past him on either side of him just as we hit the puddle, turning our bikes slightly and causing a waterfall of muddy water to soak him from head to toe.

We pulled to a stop with the rest of the group who had watched the whole thing happen and were doubled over laughing as Ryan followed behind looking mighty pissed off.

"That. That was a dirty move!" He huffed.

"Oh it was dirty alright," I laughed with tears streaming down my face.

"That's possibly the best part of my birthday so far," Joey laughed along with us.

"Alright everyone," our guide called to everyone. "Just a short ride back and that's the end of today's ride. There are showers and a change area for you all, some may need it more than others," he said stifling a laugh too, making Ryan glare. "Follow me."

Once we were all back, showered, in clean clothes again we jumped in the cars to meet Sophia, Ben and Gabby for a late lunch. Joey finally back behind the wheel of his car, much to his delight.

"I can't believe you planned this whole day just for me," He said, linking his hand with mine.

"I told you, I had help. But yes, I wanted it to be special. First birthday we have shared together."

"Thank you so much babe," he kissed my hand that he held in his.

"It's not quite over yet, I did say three surprises," I smiled coyly at him as he raised his eyebrows in question.

A/N
I was absolutely meant to be vacuuming my house and doing some Christmas shopping today, instead I chose to write. What's a girl to do when she spends all day daydreaming. So if you like it, please comment or vote to let me know <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

734K 19.7K 72
Ever since Jaylen was younger, the only thing in his mind was basketball. Win championships throughout school, then, eventually, get drafted into the...
521K 13.2K 31
Avery Alderidge has it all: a sweet boyfriend, tons of great friends, a loving family. She's fierce and popular, and has just started at her first-ch...
2.2M 52.7K 39
[COMPLETE!] "My best friend's brother grew up. Hot." Alexis is months from finishing college and starting a fashion label in New York. Years of plann...
538K 14.9K 39
"Leave the heels on,"he said as he pulled my hair to the side and bit down on my ear. I could not help but moan.He was only in his boxers and hard a...