Love Is Hard

By eniola_writes

"why can't you just stop pushing me?" I asked him. I was damn fraustated , leading me on and then pushing me... More

Author's note
cast
💔1💔
💔2💔
💔3💔
💔4💔
💔5💔
💔6💔
💔7💔
💔8💔
💔9💔
💔10💔 (1st heartbreak.)
💔11💔
💔12💔
💔13💔
💔14💔
💔15💔
💔16💔
💔17💔
💔18💔
💔💔19
💔20💔
💔21💔
💔22💔
💔23💔
💔24💔
💔25💔
💔26💔
💔27💔
💔28💔
💔29💔
💔30💔
💔31💔
💔32💔
💔33💔
💔34💔
💔35💔
💔36💔
💔37💔
💔38💔
💔39💔
💔40💔
41
42
💔43💔
💔44💔
💔45💔
💔46💔
💔47💔
💔48💔
💔49💔
💔50💔
AUTHOR'S NOTE
💔51💔
💔52💔
💔53💔
💔54💔
💔55💔
💔56💔
💔57💔
💔58💔 {end of part I}
author's / appreciation's note
prologue 2
💔59💔
💔60💔
💔61💔
💔62💔
💔63💔
💔65💔
💔66💔
💔67💔
💔68💔
ANNOUNCEMENT

💔64💔

1K 250 17
By eniola_writes

hello everyone,

sorry for the late update!

CHAPTER 64

MERCY'S POV

I looked around their apartment in pure amazement. I was currently at Anu's

apartment after a tiring filled with, she and Luke just talking. I really thought my ears will bleed.

We were at the top floor of the skyscraper and the whole city was the view from here, there is even a freaking swimming pool and a wide balcony which was a very exciting out space.

How rich are her parents that they rent this type of apartment for their daughter just to come to school? This is crazy.

"how much did you rent this apartment?"

I could not help but ask,

"I bought this penthouse. It's nice right?"

Did she just ask that and say that so modestly?

I stared at her wide opened and looked round the apartment again. Someone pinch me, the whole place looked so modern and big and beautiful and did she just say she bought the whole thing. Wow.

"it is so beautiful. I love it."

I said and took a seat on the couch. Luke went climbed a little stairs and a bang was heard earlier.

She sat beside me with a smile, she looks so mysterious. Kind of reminds me of Hakeem when I first saw him.

"thanks."

"you welcome."

She said back,

"what do you want to drink or eat?"

She asked making me grin. What? I still love food!

"anything."

I said trying to act like I don't care. She stood up and gestured for me to follow her. We walked into the kitchen I suppose, this is a kitchen right? How in the hell does the kitchen look this good and so modern. She pushed a button and the fridge opened.

"stop looking so surprised Mercy."

"I have been to places in my short period of living but your apartment tops some of the list."

I said with a chuckle,

"thanks. I don't know what to cook, will you care for jollof?"

She asked after searching through the fridge,

"yeah, sure."

"I have to cook it for Luke too. That is his favorite."

She explained and started bringing out everything she would use. When I wanted to help her she pushed me back and told me to just sit. But I just can't sit while she did the whole work so I decided to do the chicken.

"you know I am kind of at fault or what happened."

She said after a while of silence. I turned to her with a raised eyebrow,

"I advised Hakeem to talk to her you know? Tell her how he really feels that he loves you instead but I guess it went wrong."

She explained making my mind run back to when Hakeem was explaining. I nodded, understanding everything now. I am actually really proud of myself for trusting him. I learnt it the hard way, I have to trust him and I do.

"he told me."

"you trusted him. from what I grabbed it was a really bad position."

I nodded,

"I thought I would faint, I swear. All I could think of was ' see the person I travelled to the states for.' It was a crazy feeling. I was already thinking wide, I swear."

I said making her chuckle.

"so, what about you? Who is the lucky guy?"

She chuckled again,

"I don't have abeg. I am leading the single geng."

"ahah. Single geng ba wo? (single gang, how?)"

We both laughed, final everything was set and we sat on the bar stool patiently waiting for the food to get done. Kind of reminds me of the time Trisha and I do this type of thing.

After Hakeem left, I became more distant to them but more closer to Shefia and Banke and I guess that explains why I don't really know much about them anymore. But Trisha and I even though we are not close we are still friends.

"I don't know how you managed to capture Keem. All he talks about is you. And honestly, if things went otherwise today, I think it won't have been funny."

I nodded,

"I know what you mean, Anu. And I am talking from experience."

"that sounds interesting."

"it is not, trust me. I am just glad it made us stronger."

"ehhhh, what are we cooking ooo? Sister mi (my sister) the cook."

Luke said in a loud voice entering the kitchen too making me laugh. Anu just rolled her eyes and turned the other way and that expression doubled my laughter. She just did the exact 'mo ya look away' expression

........

"wow, you are really joining us then."

I nodded still looking round the room,

"that's nice. We will get to know each other more."

I smiled again, we gave each other a quick hug before she walked out. We have been talking non stop for a while now and I had to complain that I was feeling really sleepy before they let me go.

I brought out my phone from my bag, texts from my parents were the first notifications I saw. I quickly replied everything, Shefia and Banke's own included before replying Hakeem's own too.

Me: I am fine. Wbt u?

Babe: you are still awake?

Me: obviously.

Babe; why?

Me: I was talking to Anu, they can talk!

Babe: pelee. (sorry)

Me: what about you?

Babe: can't sleep. My sedatives finished yesterday and I forgot to buy a new one.

Me: I thought you were done with them.

Babe: I am not babe. I think I got addicted to them now I can't sleep without them.

Me: I am feeling sleepy already oo and wait have you been to here?

Babe: okay ma. And yeah, what's wrong with it?

Did he just ask what is wrong with it? I chuckled incredulously, before replying him.

We kept on chatting until I fell asleep.

................

I rubbed my face as I walked towards the sitting room. I heard voices but familiar ones though, one was even really clear.

I walked into the sitting room and as I said, Hakeem and Anu were talking. Anu was resting on a chair while Hakeem was seated. Once they saw me, Hakeem stood up.

"good morning babe."

I grinned, when last have we greeted each other face to face and to top it all it was different time at different pints because of the difference In time zone.

"it is still early in the morning oo."

I heard Anu say before walking away.

"why are you here so early?"

I asked with a raised eyebrow,

"early? Really, early? It is already close to twelve in the afternoon."

I chuckled,

"seriously?"

I asked before checking the time myself.

"you can't blame me sha, I was tired."

I explained myself before dropping my phone back.

"so...."

I asked since I knew something must be up. He chuckled as if knowing I caught up to him.

"I talked to mum and we can move out, finally! So we are going house hunting."

He announced.

I hugged him in excitement, who knew after one year everything will slowly come back to place.

"that's great."

I whispered in his ear.

"let me bath and dress up."

I said before walking back to the room I was coming from since there was an en-suite bathroom there.

.................

"what do you think about this apartment?"

This was the fifth house we were checking out and I loved this one. It had a large kitchen and yeah, enough space while cooking. It also had beautiful two rooms which were already furnished.

A sitting room, and another extra room. the whole interior design and space was the catch.

Hakeem turned to me and I smiled, I loved this one. yeah, it is not as beautiful as Anu's own but it was good too.

"how much is it?"

Hakeem asked the woman,

"the rent?"

"yeah, the rent."

Hakeem answered like it was the most obvious thing ever making me laugh. I sat on the bar stool and watched them for a while. Then Hakeem shook hands with her before turning to meet me. she walked away and not even minutes I heard the door shut, why is she leaving already?

He placed both of his hands on the bar stool successively placing me between the table and himself. I chuckled and placed my hands on his shoulder, I have missed this. I swear.

"how much is the rent, Hakeem. I have to pay half too. I can't just leave all the rent to you, it does not....."

I got cut off by him placing his lips on mine. I smiled against his lips and wrapped my hands around his neck pulling him closer. I did not even know when he picked me up and placed me on the table itself but it's not like I cared. when we both out of air we pulled back with a grin on our faces.

He placed a kiss on my face before holding my cheeks while I pouted,

"I miss this."

He said softly. I smiled and nodded,

"me too."

I said back before giving him a hug. I can never I repeat never get tired of this. His scent, his touch, his taste, everything.

"I am not dropping the issue, Hakeem."

I said again making him grumble,

"babe just forget it. I have paid for two years."

I stopped on my track, or let's just say I turned to him since we were on an elevator.

"how much?"

I asked again, I just can't let him do that. I was given money for housing too anyways and thank God I managed to bag a scholarship hence reducing the cost of the tuition so I think I can pay for half of that apartment.

"you don't need to know."

"I do so I will pay you half."

I argued back.

He should just talk, what is his stress now?

The bell dinged and the elevator opened, we walked out together our hands linked. This place somehow feels familiar, like I have been here before.

"it feels like I have been here before."

I voiced out my thoughts. Hakeem looked around before nodding,

"yeah, this is Anu's apartment building."

He explained. How come I did not recognize it,

"how did I not know?"

"you came in the night yesterday maybe that's why and this morning the elevator took us to the garage straight."

"true."

I said nodding.

"so, we will be neighbors?"

"you don't like it?"

He asked worried, I don't like what? I love it.

"I love it. The apartment I mean. I would be inside most of the time anyway and Hakeem better tell me the price or there will be fight between the both of us o. just say it and let me send the money to you."

"I don't want you to pay for it, Mercy. It is okay."

Okay, he called my name now. This is getting serious.

"but I feel like I am living off you."

I said back pulling on my seat belt. I heard him sigh, I am just voicing out what I feel.

"but you are not. I am so happy that you are here. I already have the money for the apartment ready. I was planning it so even though you did not come I would have gotten it with the money. I don't need you dropping half."

I groaned and faced the window instead. What he said seems reasonable but I just feel somehow.

He sighed again,

"okay let's do it like this. Buy a drink for me."

"are you kidding me?"

I asked incredulously but he was already driving.

"look, I will collect the money bit by bit. Forget that babe. When are you going for Idara's convocation?"

As much as I want to argue, I have to admit that he has drained my energy and talking about Idara just makes me excited. I am just so happy for her.

"by early next year. I am just so happy."

"I know, I am sure you feel proud too."

"I swear. You know Anu and I were talking yesterday and she told me that she has never dated before."

Yeah, we talk about people a lot.

"I know. she has guys lining up for her though."

"she is beautiful so that explains it."

"I know, but not as beautiful as my babe here."

I laughed out,

"see whining oo."

I said still laughing. He chuckled slightly,

"what? I am serious."

"whatever babe, everyone Is beautiful."

"you are at the top notch."

He added with a wink his hands on my lap slowly rubbing circles on it. I remembered when he did this on out last date before he left and a grin appeared on my face at the thought of still being together.

He parked the car in front of a restaurant and we both got down.

"I don't know Mercy. I won't do it, I think."

I rolled my eyes at his silly answer, I asked if he was to choose between his phone or his car which one would he drop and oga here said he would not do it.

"you have to choose Hakeem."

I whined,

"what type of silly question is that anyway?"

He asked back with a chuckle as we walked to the counter to drop our order.

"it just came to mind because you too in love with both."

He shook his head in denial and with the smirk on his face I already knew it was something foolish he was about to say,

"the one I am in love with is right in front of me."

He said adding a wink. Thank God I am brown skin, we have said love you more than hundred times but hearing him say it each time just makes me giddy.

I grinned and rolled my eyes at the same time making him laugh,

"just blush it out, I need to go to the restroom. I will be back."

he said and turned to the direction of the bathroom. I rolled my eyes at him as he walked before facing the counter back and thinking about what to order until someone called my attention.

"excuse me, have we met before?"

Someone who looked strangely familiar asked. He looked really handsome and was quite tall. He placed his hands in his pocket as he stared at me.

"I think so."

I replied with a warm smile,

"I am Daniel."

His name, I have heard it before. And I even felt like this whole thing has happened before.

"I am trying to remember. I am Mercy by the way."

I said back.

I turned to the direction Hakeem went to but he was not in sight.

"are you here with someone?"

He asked again while I just nodded.

I heard a door close and the speed my neck used to turn to that direction was a record setter.

I watched how Hakeem's grin slowly disappeared and turned to that of terror as he stopped walking.

"Daniel?"

hope it is not the Daniel i am thinking about?

who do you think Daniel is?

and who remembers where Mercy and Daniel met?

vote, comment and please share!

love y'all.

Eniola 💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6M 107K 48
[01/07/2021] - [13/04/2023] "You can't keep going around like a fucking maniac and treating me like shit. That isn't how relationships work," Sophia'...
170K 18.9K 34
Meet Zarah,a 19 years old quiet nerdy girl who just got admitted into Bayero university kano to study medicine 😁 what happens when an encounter cha...
30K 1K 35
This story clearly shows how much love can be a punishment for someone. My name is Y/n and my only mistake is that I loved the richest and popular bo...
18.5K 4.6K 41
{COMPLETED} "This is the sequel to The Wrong Crowd." "I have not broken your heart - you have broken it; and in breaking it, you have broken mine."...